THE THIRD HEIR; atla

By celestebride

โ if you fight fire with fire, then the whole world will go up in smoke.โž โ”€ Soza | Zuko, the first Fire Natio... More

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Characters โ•‘
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Facts about Soza โ•‘
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘Ch. 1
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘Ch. 2
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘Ch. 3
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘ Ch. 4
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘Ch. 5
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book One โ•‘Ch. 6
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Two โ•‘Start
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Two โ•‘Ch. 1
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Two โ•‘Ch. 2
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Two โ•‘Ch. 3
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Two โ•‘Ch. 4
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘Start
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 1
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 2
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 3
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 4
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 5
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘ Ch. 6
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Three โ•‘Ch. 7
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 8
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 9
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 10
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 12
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 13
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ SEQUEL

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Book Threeโ•‘Ch. 11

4K 127 6
By celestebride

Part One

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

One Week Time-Skip

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Ughh," Soza whispered in annoyance, "this is taking far too long."

She sighed, sweeping the palanquin curtain to the side as she hissed, "hurry it up!" In fear, the four servants instantly started walking faster, trying to catch up to Azula's palanquin, which was far ahead.

"What a drag." Soza sighed, she could practically hear Azula threatening her own escorts in her own mind, probably because of the bond between them.

Oh, Fire Lord.

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Sorry for the wait, father," both twins apologized in unison. "Good palanquin bearers are so hard to come by these days," they murmured together.

"So," Azula started, perking up with a smirk. "Is everything ready for our departure?" she asked their father.  

Soza smirked at her older twin sister. 

The third Heir had already realized that they wouldn't be accompanying their father to destroy the Earth Kingdom. He wanted to do it by himself.

Azula, however, hadn't yet realized this unfortunate reality.

"There has been a change in plans, Azula, Soza." Ozai spoke calmly, back facing the kneeling twins.

 "What?" 

"I've decided to lead the fleet of airships to Ba Sing Se alone." He spoke sharply, not bothering to turn around. "You two will remain here in the Fire Nation," he ordered. 

"But, I thought we were all going to do this," Azula fumbled. 

"My decision is final."

"You―you can't treat me―us―like this! You can't treat us like Zuko!!" Azula shouted in frustration, losing composure. Soza stayed kneeling, not bother to stand up.

It would be pointless to argue with him anyways.

"Azula, silence yourself."

"But it was Soza and my idea to burn everything to the ground! I―we―deserve to be by your side!"

"Azula!" Ozai roared, turning his head to face the twins. 

Azula looked down.

"Listen to me," he said, voice in a low growl. "I need you two here to watch over the homeland. It's a very important job that I can only entrust to you both," he explained. 

"Really?" Azula whispered.

"And for your loyalty," Ozai started, voice low toward Azula. 

"I've decided to make you the new Fire Lord," he announced with a wry smile. Soza sighed, she had a hunch that this would happen. In all honesty, she was happy that she wouldn't be Fire Lord. She never wanted to lead like her sister and brother.

It sounded ... annoying.

"Fire Lord Azula?" the elder twin smirked. "It does sound appropriate, but," her smile vanished. "What about you and Soza? What will happen to you two?" she wondered.

"Soza will be fine. She doesn't wish to rule anyways, so she'll stand by your side as an advisor. Though, Fire Lord Ozai is no more." He assured Azula about her twin, before moving on to himself. "Just as the world will be reborn in fire―," two servants placed golden armor over his robe―"I shall be reborn as the new supreme ruler of the world." He declared, a phoenix helmet placed on his head. "From this moment on, I will now be known as......."

"The Phoenix King!"

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

"Zuko," Katara started, "don't worry, we can take Azula and Soza." She assured Zuko while she gripped Appa's reins as they flew on top of the flying bison.

"I'm not worried about them," he responded. "I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father?" 

"What if he loses?"

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

'Honestly,' Soza thought. 'I'm happy that father decided for Azula to be Fire Lord. I definitely don't want to rule. I know she really wants to, though.'

She relaxed her head into the young maids' hands, letting her comb out the knots in her long brown mane. 

Sadly, she was brought out of her calm state by Azula, who said:

"What am I holding?" she questioned sharply, hand holding a cherry pit.

"A cherry pit, Princess," the maid said, moving the cherry bowl away from her face to peer at the eldest Princess. 

"Correct," Azula sneered at the maid. "And what day is this?" she asked again.

"It is the day of your coronation," the maid said weakly, bowing her head. Soza glanced at her before looking back at Azula. 

"Yes, it is," Azula said, her eyes moved back to her hand which she had now raised while holding up the cherry pit. 

"So, please, tell me why, on the most important day of my life, you decided to leave a pit in my cherry?" the oldest Princess asked sharply, throwing it directly onto the maid's face, making her wince.

"I'm sorry Princess. It wasn't a decision. It was merely a small mistake," the maid said, sounding scared.

"Small?!" Azula questioned, mock surprise filling her face. "Do you realize what could have happened if I hadn't sensed the pit in time?" She hissed the question at the feeble maid.

"I suppose you could have choked....?"

"Yes, then you understand the severity of your crime," Azula simpered, scowling. 

"I-I understand, Princess. Please, forgive me."

"Oh, very well," Azula sighed, pretending to forgive the maid." Since it is a special day, I will show mercy." Her amber eyes flitted over to the servant. Soza continued to watch the show play out.

"You," Azula started, "are banished. Leave this Palace immediately."

The maid gasped, before her eyes started trembling. She stood up and bowed her head to Azula as she walked backwards out of the room.

"What are you all looking at?" Soza called to the other gaping servants from where she sat.

"I have two feet that need scrubbing." Azula took over the talk, annoyance filled her tone. "And make sure that you get in between the toes." She sneered, a frown present on her face as she talked.

"I won't have my first day as Fire Lord marred by poor foot hygiene."

▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

Vote, comment, or follow!

~RayaRain11

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█ █▓▒░ ░▒▓█

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 7.4K 70
๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž | แด€สŸสŸ ส™แดแดแด‹s โ Fire can be and is destructive but learning doesn't have to be. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ข๐ซ๐›๐ž๐ง...
6.1K 339 9
โžค๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ (๐˜ฏ.) ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...
167K 5.3K 59
"My father says Azula was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born." "Well I say you're lucky to...
73K 1.8K 23
- ๐‘ƒ๐‘ ๐‘ฆ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™, ๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘๐‘’, ๐ธ๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘ - Azula and Ty lee had been best friends since they were kids, but after they graduated fr...