Raven (Fred x oc)

By belle_kafer

My name is Valerie Black and Sirius Black is my father, but I don't remember him. You see, he was taken away... More

1. Brains, Charm, Fire, and Mischeif
2. Escaped
3. The Black Name
4. Again
5. Family Relations
6. Newspapers and Boggarts
7. Ramifications and Voices
8. Cat and Mouse
9. Hogsmeade
10. Torn and Mended
11. Pre-Game Traditions
12. Badgers and Lions
13. Accusations
14. Christmas
15. Arguments
16. Eagles and Lions
17. Tall Tales
18. Nerves
19. Lions and Snakes
20. End of Term and All that it Entails
21. Rats!
22. Schoolboy Grudge
23. Truth and Justice
24. Explosion
25. Turning Time
26. The Conclusion
27. Explinations
28. Loose Ends
29. Resettling
30. Ton-Tongue Toffee
31. The Mystery of the Lack of a Quidditch Captain
32. Reconnecting
33. The Sensitive Nature of Money
34. The Quidditch World Cup
35. Death Eaters
36. He's Coming
37. Back Again
38. N.E.W.T. Classes
39. Something Not Right
40. Raven
41. Une Surprise
42. Happy Birthday
43. The First Task
44. The Yule Ball
45. The Ring
46. Changes for the Purpler
47. Psychometry
48. Spiritual Mediumship
49. The Third and Final Task Preparations
50. Force Field Generation
51. A Little Dose of Fear
52. Spirits
53. Trauma
54. Summer Pains
55. Grimmaud Place
Sequel
56. Potter Temper
57. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
58. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Remembered
59. Bewitched
60. Disillusion
61. Fears
62. Back Again
63. The Story of that Night
64. Umbi- Oop, I Can't Say That
65. Emotions and Quidditch
66. Toxic Masculinity
67. Rough on the Pitch
68. Loss of Quidditch, Loss of Safety
70. Lions and Serpents
71. Animosity
72. Guilt
73. Chocolate Oatmeal Biscuits
74. Escaped
75. Chiaroscuro
76. Soon to be Parted
77. Until We Meet Again, Luv
78. Lions and Eagles
79. Foreboding
80. Loss
81. Connections and What's to Come
82. Summer Break
83. Mid-Summer
84. A Moment You'll Never Forget
85. Back Again, Grown-Up Addition
86. The Dragon Falls Further and Further Away
87. The Dragon Steps to the Path of Fire
88. The Dragon Takes His Firsts Steps on the Fire
89. Lions and Snakes
90. The Sickly Dragon
91. Navidad
92. Badgers and Lions
93. The Dragon's River of Blood
94. The Raven's Dreams
95. Moonlight, Dark Curly Hair, Fangs, Blood, and the Figure
96. The End of a Book That Took a Hundred-Fifteen Years to Write
A/N
97. Too Much Potter
98. Forgetting
New Story!
99. Black-Wealsey
100. Second Wedding
101. Calm Before the Storm
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
102. Bondage
103. Frozen
104. Stories, Snatchers, and Mushrooms
105. Crucio
106. Plot-Twist
107. The Dragon Living in Fear
108. Andromeda Tonks
109. Home
110. The Dragon Calls to the Dragoness
111. An Escape
112. Pain
113. Shock and Delight
114. Orphaned
115. Hope
Epilogue
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

69. Gain

1.9K 54 0
By belle_kafer

"Valerie," Harry said, rushing toward me the moment I came down to the common room.

"Not now, Harry," I groaned, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

Keeping his voice down, he hissed, "It's about Sirius." I froze, my eyes widening. Instantly, I dragged Harry over to an empty corner of the common room and demanded to know what had happened. "We were talking to him using the flu network and...Umbridge almost dragged him out of the fire."

My jaw was clenched so tightly I thought my teeth might shatter as I simply stared at him, trying to process what he was telling me. Finally, I said, "So...you mean to tell me that my father was put in danger because of you?"

"Val-"

"Harry, he is in enough danger as it is!" I cried, making sure I wasn't loud enough to draw attention. "He is all that I have left. I can't survive if he's taken from me again, Harry. Promise me you won't do anything stupid like that again. PROMISE ME!"

"Okay, fine, I promise," he said quickly.

"Good," I sighed, rubbing my forehead tiredly. Without another word, I left to go down to breakfast.

When I had sat down, Angelina remarked, "You look like hell. Are you okay?"

"I didn't sleep last night," I admitted with a yawn. "I was working on something."

"What?" Fred asked.

"Oh nothing," I said. "Just this." Pulling down the top of my robes slightly, I showed them the small raven tattoo on my collarbone.

"It looks cool," George said.

"Thanks," I replied.

Somehow I got through all my classes, but I was just moments away from falling asleep and had to be prodded awake by either Khadija, who had just come back from touring Europe, or Fred and Angelina. I was so tired that I didn't even feel a prickle of fear or annoyance when Umbridge asked me to stay behind after class.

"Good afternoon," I said, giving her my best attempt of a smile.

"Long day?" she asked, obviously noting the strain.

"Oh I just couldn't sleep last night," I explained, "but all is well, thank you." After a moment's pause, I asked, "Was there something in particular you wished to speak to me about?"

"Ah, yes," she said. "I have decided to allow your team to continue."

"Really?" I exclaimed, my expression lighting up. "Oh my, thank you Professor!"

"Just see to it that your team remains well behaved or I might have to revoke my decision," she warned with a sickly-sweet smile.

"Of course," I promised, grabbing all my things before rushing from the room.

Running into the common room, I ordered, "Team, pitch in fifteen. We're practicing!" A cheer rose up in the room and soon we were all standing on the pitch. It had begun to rain, but we had lost time so I ordered everyone into the air. After pushing everyone for hours, I finally called it quits and, soaked in rain and mud, we all headed in to change. I went into the captain's office after I had changed and, instead of working on stuff for Quidditch like I should've, I sat deep in thought.

Seems like everyone was in danger now, more so than before. I hadn't really thought much about the fact that You-Know-Who wanted to kill me. I didn't know how to feel about it. Should I be scared? Anxious? Worried? I shook my head, turning in my chair to rest my elbows on my knees and place my head in my hands. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said, my voice sounding faint and far away. Looking up, I saw Harry standing in the doorway.

"You okay?" he asked, taking a step in. "You've seemed off all practice."

"I-" I began with a sigh before I stopped, unsure if Harry was supposed to know. Putting on a false smile, I said, "It's nothing. How're you?"

"Decent, I guess," he replied with a shrug. "Listen, I'm sorry about Sirius, okay?"

"No, I'm sorry," I replied. "I was just scared and lashed out at you. It's not your fault."

"So listen, Hermione, Ron, and I kind of formed a secret organization to practice defense against the dark arts since Umbridge isn't letting us actually learn. We already got a bunch of people involved. Do you want to be apart of it?"

"When's the next meeting?"

"We don't know yet," he admitted. "I'll let you know when we do. I would've told you about it sooner but you seemed a little busy."

"No, I get it," I replied. "It's fine, Harry.  I'll think about it. Well, I should probably get some work done. We have our first match coming up."

"Right, well, see you around then," he replied. I nodded and he left. With a sigh, I turned back to my paperwork.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.5K 35
In this story you will be the daughter of Sirius Black. Your father has been locked up for 12 years and you have no clue who your mother is. Your fir...
4.2K 208 41
Maeve Black has always had a knack for finding herself in trouble. Now that she is at Hogwarts and feeling the real implications of the Black name, s...
45.5K 1K 55
Imagine being born of the same day as your best friend. The person you would risk you're everything for, only for it all to be taken away before you...
114K 3.4K 36
࿐ྂ ΰΌ˜Φ¨π–¦Ή In which they're childhood friends... she's a Lupin-black and he's a Potter. Oh yeah, and in...