Mine to Protect (Completed)

By mangomonkey13

Sophia and her daughter Ella were on the run for their lives. Turning to a past friend for help, they find t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chaper 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 29

98.2K 3.1K 208
By mangomonkey13

Sophia’s POV

It seemed like we were putting together one giant puzzle, but we didn’t have all the pieces.   It was so frustrating not knowing what was going on.   And now throw in this whole Prime Alpha stuff and bam I am suddenly in the middle of a day time soap opera…nothing but drama.   Why can’t a girl just simply be a goddess and live happily ever after?   Is that too much to ask?  

The poor kids were still quietly sitting on the couch next to me as Vlad continued to shed some light on this whole fucking mess that we are knee deep in. I was so proud of how they were handling all of this. 

And to think that my daughter was the goddess of the forest, what the hell was up with that?  Poor Ella, if she thought Noah was protective of her before, the boy was going to smother her now.   He was so mature for his age that it was scary.   Sometimes it was hard remembering he was so young as he acted like he was already 18.

I have also noticed that Ella had matured so much in the past few months.   She seemed to come out of her shell around Noah, it was amazing to see how she lit up around him.   They were inseparable and I was now okay with that.   I knew that he would always protect her and she him.  

Vlad was still unsure of what her powers entailed, just that he could sense them.   He believes that the spell that binded my powers also transferred over to her as well somehow.   When mine were released, it released the hold on hers as well.      Vlad said that he wanted to take her out to the forest to see what she could do.   I was a bit apprehensive about doing this, but if she had a way to protect herself then I was all for it.  

Vlad was still going into detail on who the Grand Council was.   Apparently they are made up of those considered ancients or elders from different species that oversee over all of our kinds.   The five positions are held by a vampire, werewolf, a phoenix-shifter, a warlock and a witch.  What the hell is a phoenix-shifter?   I guess I will save that question for later.

The Grand Council was established around the 17th century to help deal with arising problems between different species, more or less like our governing power.  They also helped with keeping our world from being undetected by the humans.   At first things were good, but as time when on the Council became more like tyrants, controlling those to do their bidding, if they refused, they were killed.  

We listened to Vlad as he explained how their corrupt reach touched everyone.   Not much was done without their approval.   He suspected that they also had a part in Alpha George’s desire to eliminate me and Ella.   It was a way for the Grand Council to take down a potential Prime Alpha without getting their hands dirty.  

But what I found interesting was that it also saved their places on the council.   A Prime Alpha was considered to hold equal power to those on the Grand Council should he ever decided to use that power, much like Vlad being the King of Vampires, but since Vlad has ruled for so long, he really didn’t want to have anything to do with the Grand Council and they both left the other alone.  

The King and the Prime could challenge the Grand Council for two of the five seats.  Slowly dismantling their reign that they have held for so long.   That right there made me a bit suspicious.  Who the hell did these people think they are?

“Sophia, Knox the Grand Council are not someone you want to fu..um, mess with.   Everyone know that even though the blood is not directly on their hands, they gave the orders to have the species I mention before eliminated.   It is a way to ensure that they remain the most powerful, taking out any threat.   They are malicious and I believe due to this packs size and potential, you are now on their radar. 

Just peachy, now we have these power hungry dictators gunning for us.  And not because of what we were.

“Vlad what would they do if they found out about me and Ella?”

“That is what worries me.   They are also the same Council that had all of the goddess’s killed centuries ago and continue to hunt them.  The Council want to hold the ultimate power and will stop and nothing to eliminate those that pose a threat.   They have left me alone this long because frankly I want nothing to do with them and they know that, I have made a point to never pose as any threat to them.”

“So what are we talking about here Vlad?   Me and Ella are being hunted by them because of the fact we are mates to the Alphas from the largest pack in the world, but once they find out about what we are, they will come at us until we are killed?   Please tell me this isn’t what you are saying because I don’t see a win-win scenario for me and Ella in all of this.”

The angrier I got the more my body temperature started to rise.   I could feel the heat pouring off of me.   Irritated I jumped up and began pacing behind the couch.  No way.  No fucking way. 

“NO.   I refuse to sign our death certificates to those power hungry bastards.   If they dare touch ONE HAIR ON MY DAUGHTERS HEAD I WILL KILL THEM ALL!”

My anger consumed me, I threw my hands up in frustration and suddenly light flashed from my fingertips, sparks shot out from them and the wingback chair in the corner ignited into flames.   As my anger grew so did the flames.   They were now spreading across the wall, curtains and shelving.  

Gasps filled the room.   But all I saw was red.   There was no way they were going to get anywhere near my daughter.   If they think for one minute…

A small hand slid into mine.   My vision cleared as I looked down and saw Ella smiling back up to me.

“It is okay momma, we will be safe, but you have to stop burning Dad’s office.  I think he kind of likes it the way it was.”

What?  Looking up…well shit, the corner of the office was on fire.   Great this is all I need.  

Well it is now or never, let’s see what I can do.  Other than set things on fire.

“Fire Stop and office return to normal.”  

Immediately the flames disappeared and the damage was instantly repaired.   In the matter of seconds it was like nothing happened.   Well that will come in handy.

Still holding on to Ella’s hand we turned to three very stunned faces.

“So, um yeah, it appears that I need to work on controlling my temper.   And hey guess what I can shoot fire and fix things.   Cool huh?”

Trying to lessen the tension in the room, I chuckled.

Noah was the first to jump up.  “I have the coolest mom EVER!   That totally rocked and I have never seen Uncle Vlad’s mouth drop open like that.   Mom what else can you do?   Fly, make things move with your mind, oh I know can you disappear like Uncle Vlad, because that would totally be cool.”

Noah rambled on and on as he came over and hugged me.   Well at least in the kid’s eyes I was cool, but when I looked at Vlad his face held a smirk, what the hell was he smiling for?  And Knox…well his face was full of concern.  He looked so worried.

“Well, it looks like we have some work to do.   Knox if you would be so kind to arrange a secure area where I can work with both Ella and Sophia to determine their abilities.   I think time is of the essence as we need to be ready for anything.   According to my sources, Alpha George will be here within the week.”

“My pack can easily take down Alpha George, I am not worried about him.   I have already increased training and patrols.   We are ready for him.”

“We are not preparing for Alpha George…between your warriors and my vampire soldiers that I brought, hell he won’t last 15 minutes so we will use him for practice.”

“I don’t understand.   If you and Knox are both not worried about Alpha George, then why the rush on training me and Ella?”

“Because once word gets out about you two, the Grand Council will send all their resources here to eliminate you both.   So before that happens, we are going to draw them here.   Once Knox becomes the Prime, they will have no choice but to show up here for the ceremony.   At that point we will have a King, a Prime and two Goddess’s on our side.   So after the coronation…we will kill them.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 301 26
An Alpha left to raise his daughter alone. A strong warrior that moonlights as a midwife. The mate bond may be strong, but is it strong enough? *This...
1.2K 55 7
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
867K 25.5K 26
"I own you, Cassia. Your body, your heart, your soul- they belong to me. Don't ever try to deny me something that's mine because I can promise you th...
195K 4.9K 38
"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you. So why don't you just give up, Sophia darling?" Sophia is an ordinary girl with a ord...