Say You'll Stay | Tom Holland

By booksforme171

It all started with a cookie (Y/n) is taking a trip with her best friend around the United States to celebrat... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Announcements

20

10K 217 808
By booksforme171

Your POV

"Now wait wait wait for me. Please hang around. I'll see you when I fall asleep." You and Tom were in the car singing Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men. The traffic was taking forever to get back to the hotel so a game of can you guess the song has broken out. Some songs were sung in it's entirety while others were skipped after it was guessed correctly.

"Okay what about this one?" You scrolled through all your songs and pressed on one of the best.

"Oh come one. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. A classic. You choose this one on purpose just because you wanted to sing it."

"The sound of your voice makes it sound like an accusatory ton- okay yeah I wanted to sing it."

Tom hit the sterling wheel in beat with the music when the guitar solo started. Both of you singing the operatic section. Tom was trying his hardest to hit all the high notes just like Roger Taylor did, but sadly failing. After the operatic section ended, both of you started shaking your heads back and forth receiving stares from the cars beside you.

You grabbed your phone as if it were a microphone and pointed at Tom. "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?"

Tom instantly looked at you and started singing the next lyric back. "So you think you can love me and leave me to die?"

"Oh, baby."

"Can't do this to me baby."

Both of you joining in together, "Just gotta get out. Just gotta get right outta here."

"Nothing really matters. Anyone can see."

"Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters to me."

"Anywhere the wind blows." As you sang the last lyric Tom imitated hitting the gong that plays at the end.

With perfect timing, Tom parked the car in the hotel garage and took your hand to lead you back to your room.

When you both of you got off the elevator and got to your door, Haz's door opened. He seemed a little nervous and his voice was wavering. "Hey guys. How was lunch?"

"Good. Why are you being weird?" You leaned back against your door waiting for Haz to answer.

Haz turned his head to look into his room before looking back at you and Tom to respond. "So good news. Finally heard from Olivia."

"Okay great. Doesn't explain why you're still being weird."

"She's here sitting on the couch and she needs to speak to you. Alone." Haz directed the last part at Tom with an uneasy look.

What does she have to talk to Tom about? More importantly why couldn't I be there?

Tom kissed the side of of your head then went into the hotel room. Haz and Harry stepped out to go with you into your hotel room to give them privacy.

It was an awkward silence that fell over the three of you as you sat in the living area. You started popping your fingers from all the silence. Harry and Haz both knew what was going on obviously from how weird they were acting, but they wouldn't tell you. When all of your fingers wouldn't pop anymore, your leg started bouncing.

Can't take anymore of this. "Can you please just let me know what's going on?"

Haz and Harry exchanged looks having a silent conversation. "We can't (y/n). It's not for us to share. Tom will tell you when he comes back."

You looked at your phone. "He's been gone for thirty minutes."

"Do you want some ice cream? Any snacks? How about we order a pizza?" Harry was trying to distract you with food. Normally that would work, but not right now.

"I just got back from eating. I'm not hungry nor am I in the mood for a snack Harry. I just want to know what's going on."

The sound of the door unlocking made you snap your head over to see Tom walking in. He stood in the doorway and looked like he was about to throw up. "(Y/n), can I talk to you?"

His tone was now making you even more anxious. "Yeah, yeah of course." You got up and followed Tom into the bedroom. He pushed you back to sit on the bed and started pacing in front of you. "Tom what's wrong?"

He stopped and rubbed the back of his neck. "So you know Olivia was not here for the past few days and we all knew something must've happened to keep her away." You nodded your head telling Tom to continue. "Well she was late because um, she couldn't find a babysitter."

A babysitter? She has a kid? When did that happen? "Okay and what does that have to do with talking to you alone?" Tom didn't answer, he just looked at you even more sick like. Putting the pieces together, but now wanting to believe it, you egged him on. "Tom what does having to get a babysitter have to do with you?"

Tom opened his mouth but no words came out. The door to the bedroom opened to reveal Olivia with a baby in her arms. Haz followed behind her. "I told her you two were talking privately."

"Look I'm sorry to have caused any problems between the two of you. I've realized I've made a mistake by telling you. Please just forget it. I'm going to go back to my hotel. I'll see you all tomorrow." Olivia walked out with the baby who had massive chocolate brown eyes.

Haz looked like he didn't know what to do so he walked out without a word. Tom was speechless like he was fighting an inner battle to chase after Olivia or hash it out with you.

"Is there a single chance that that kid is yours?"

"(Y/n)." His voice was pleading.

"Answer my question Tom."

He shook his head defeated. "Yes."

"How?"

"How what?"

"Don't play dumb with me right now. How did it happen?"

Tom was hesitant to answer. "It- we were drunk. Before filming officially started, the whole cast and crew went out to get drinks a couple days before. I drank a little too much and one thing led to another."

The words felt like hot knives slicing your heart wide open. "So you slept with her."

"It was a mistake."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"To be fair we weren't even together at the time." He was now going on the defensive side.

Tears brimmed your eyes. To keep from yelling, you spoke in a soft voice. "You said nothing happened between the two of you. That you weren't anything."

"We weren't! Nothing happened!" He was yelling at you.

You couldn't hold it back anymore. You didn't care who heard you right now. "Obviously fucking not Tom! She has a goddamn child!"

His voice now was low to try and bring yours back down. "It was one time. It never happened again."

You crossed your arms and let out a tiny laugh. You were laughing from how unbelievable this was. He didn't technically cheat, but it sure as hell felt like it. You looked at the ground feeling completely defeated. "You told me nothing ever happened. You lied Tom. You lied to me. We're not supposed to lie to each other."

Tom rushed to sit on his knees in front of you. He cupped both sides of your face and wiped away the few stray tears that left your eyes. This was your first fight together and it was a bomb. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please believe me. I had no clue. (Y/n) I love you."

You closed your eyes and leaned into his left hand. Tom was waiting for you to say something, anything. You kissed his palm and looked at his sad eyes. "I believe you."

Tom stood both of you up and wrapped you in his arms tightly. This was no where ideal. He is a dad, he has a kid and it's with Olivia.

"What are you going to do?" Your voice was muffled from speaking into his shoulder.

"I have to do what's right. I'm going to help take care of him. I'm going to be the father the kid deserves."

You stepped out of his arms. "I think if you're going to do that you need to go talk to Olivia. Figure out what's going to happen from here on out."

Tom looked like he was having another inner battle. He couldn't decide if he should leave you right now, but he also needed to talk to Olivia since he wouldn't have time tomorrow. Tom nodded his head and spoke very softly. "Okay."

He walked out of the room to go stop Olivia from leaving the hotel completely. You waited on the bed staring at the wall thinking about everything that just happened. Not wanting to be here when Olivia came back to the room, you grabbed your purse and knocked on Haz's and Harry's door.

Harry opened the door with a sorry face. "(Y/n)-."

"Tom and Olivia are about to come back to our room to talk. I think I'm ready for that ice cream now."

Harry didn't say anything else to you. He just told Haz he would be back and walked out.

The warm air hugged your skin as you walked down the street. It was quiet as you and Harry walked along, but it was just what you needed. Company that didn't pressure you to talk. Finally finding a cart that sold ice cream, you bought two vanilla cones.

"How are you feeling?" Harry's voice was full of concern.

"Confused. Hurt. Angry. Sad."

"What are you going to do?"

You licked your ice cream and took a deep breath. "I'm going to figure it out. I'll make it work."

Harry looked relieved at your answer. "Good because I didn't want to you and Tom to break up and then cause an issue in our relationship."

"Please. You're never losing me no matter what happens."

Harry gave you a side hug and continued to walk down the street eating his ice cream.

During the walk you had to turn your phone off. Tom kept calling and texting and when you didn't respond, he turned to Harry. Harry told him we would be back soon and turned his phone off as well.

So many people littered the city everywhere you went. Someone was playing an outside piano, an old lady was feeding pigeons, a guy was spray painting space pictures. It was fun to people watch as you and Harry sat on a bench.

"That guy right there," Harry pointed at a man who was running, "bet he trips over the brick that's starting to come up because of the tree's roots."

"You're on." You watched as the man's foot hit the brick and stumbled slightly before regaining his composure. He looked around trying to make sure no one was watching. You and Harry were laughing when you heard a baby start crying. Your laugh subsided along with his.

"Do you think we should head back? We've been gone for a couple of hours now." Harry looked at his watch and then at you.

"Yeah I guess so. See what all has gone down since we left." 

The door clicked shut behind you and Tom looked over his shoulder to see who it was. "You're back."

"I am."

He nodded his head and went into the kitchen. Why was this so awkward? You made your way to the chair beside the couch where Olivia was sitting with her baby. You didn't want to be the first to say anything with all this awkward tension in the air, so you just sat there.

"His name is Daniel." Olivia was rocking the baby as he slept in her arms.

You gave a tight lipped smile. "Cute name."

The baby started fussing and crying. Olivia tried to rock him some more to make him fall back asleep. Tom came running into the room. "Can I try?" Olivia nodded her head yes and he took the baby into his arms shushing and bouncing him as he walked around. When the baby went quiet again Tom left the room to go show his brother his nephew.

"He's going to be a good dad." You spoke when the door shut behind him.

"He would be."

"Would?"

"If you weren't in the way he would have more time for his son. He's already missed four months of his life."

"I'm sorry, what? He didn't even know you were pregnant let alone had a kid. You never told him. How was he supposed to know?" The audacity she had to blame you for anything.

"All he talks about is you. All his free time is with you. Sooner or later he's going to have to make a decision on giving something up. His acting, you, or his son."

"Why can't he have all three?"

She scoffed as if your question was idiotic. "He won't have time. When he's not working he's going to be with you or his son. He's not going to have time to do both because if you didn't know raising a baby takes a lot of time and responsibility."

Sometimes wringing her neck sounded like a good idea. "I can help take care of Daniel."

She rolled her eyes at you. "You really want to take on the role of the stepmom at what, 23? You want your every single second with Tom spent with his child who isn't yours? You'll soon realize he's going to choose his son over you any day. He's a parent now, his whole life is about to change. You just might be one of those changes that has to go."

The urge to get up and girl fight this out was kicking in. "Olivia your words are not going to scare me off."

"Well I just feel bad for Daniel."

You internally rolled your eyes at her new approach of scaring you off. "Why would that be Olivia?" Your voice did not hide your annoyance at all.

"Because he's not going to have a full family. You know what that's like right? I mean at least your dad was there for all the beginning stuff, Tom is going to miss all the firsts. The first crawl, walk, words. Probably everything."

That hit home a little. "Do not compare your child's life to mine."

"I'm just saying. No dad, dad who is barely there. They're almost the same. They both affect a kid." She put both her hands in the air to act like she was weighing out the two options.

You stood up and pointed a finger at Olivia while your voice raised. "Tom will be there for Daniel. He is going to be a good dad who will not be "barely there", he will be present in his life. My dad left and that was his choice. Tom is not going to be like that."

Tom walked in on you yelling at Olivia. He gave the sleeping baby to her and grabbed your forearm taking you into the bedroom. "I leave for like five minutes and you're already yelling at her?"

"I was defending you thank you."

"Yeah, right." Tom shook his head and rolled his tongue in his cheek. "You couldn't stand Olivia since the first day you met her. Just admit you hate her."

"What is going on? You never said anything about my feelings for her before. Why are you so suddenly all on her side? I get that you two have a baby together now, but you what, no longer believe me on what I say?"

"This is just too much right now."

"So let me help you."

"You're just going to leave."

What? Where the hell did this come from? "When did I ever say that? I'm here for you, I'm going to help you with everything."

"Yeah but when things get too stressful you're just going to leave again like you did earlier."

Is he serious right now? "I was giving you space to talk to Olivia alone. This also affects my future, but you two didn't need me talking about your child's life. That was between the two of you. Plus it gave me some time to think and breathe."

"Oh because you have bigger problems than me right now? I'm so sorry this is so hard for you." His sarcastic manner made you even more angry than you were before with Olivia.

"What the actual hell is going on with you? Why has your mood done an 180 since this morning? What did you and Olivia talk about when I was gone?"

"(Y/n) I think I just need some time to figure everything out."

"Okay so I'll go stay at Haz's and Harry's." You started to grab some pajamas from your bag when Tom's next words froze you.

"No I think you should go home."

"Are you breaking up with me?" You turned around to see Tom nodding his head not looking at you. "Why? Because I got into one argument with your baby mama over comparing you with my father? You know what, if that's all it takes then yeah whatever. Maybe I shouldn't be here."

You started grabbing all your things and stuffing them into your bag wanting to get out of here before you broke down. You rolled your suitcase out of the room and stopped at the front door before turning around where Tom stood behind you. "Thank you so much for an almost one year. I hope everything works out for you." You meant it sincerely.

You waited and searched his face hoping he would tell you he was stupid and he changed his mind, but it never came. He just stared at the ground. You nodded your head and walked out the door. You didn't even contemplate on saying anything to Haz or Harry. You wanted to get out of there as fast as possible because the probability of falling apart at the next person to talk to you was high.

You took a cab to the nearest airport, bought your ticket, and headed home. Your phone was off the whole time not wanting to talk to any more people than you had to. When you landed you went straight to your car and drove to your apartment, hoping Andi wasn't home. No music was playing, just the silence and replay of the entire day going through your head.

You opened the front door of your apartment and dropped everything. You looked at the clock on the wall. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Happy one year anniversary Tom. Only two fights in total and they happened on the same day. Second one ending it all. With all the anger and rage building up, you screamed and pushed everything off the hallway table. You took a step back, your back hitting the closed door behind you. You slowly slid down until you hit the floor.

"Now wait wait wait for me." You silently spoke the words from the song that played earlier in the day with Tom. "Please hang around." Your voice cracked, a single tear sliding down your cheek. "I'll see you when I fall asleep."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 345 30
Book 1 of the Tom Series x ↜↝
28.2K 445 23
Tom and y/n have moved into a uni apartment not knowing what if who to expect to move with, what will happen when these two strangers are forced to l...
7.7K 64 21
When vacation plans go awry, Tom, Harrison and Jacob find themselves in a remote location. Instead of getting back on the flight to paradise, they de...
71.9K 1K 41
You are kicked out by you're parents but then on a morning you bump into a cute guy. Will you2 start being friends, lovers or just people who bumped...