His Treasure

By CasiliaCasaixx

His position as a Don is all he knew until Aria Laughlin came into his life one fateful night working in his... More

*Prologue *
Chapter 1β€’
Chapter 2β€’
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 10

1.7K 38 0
By CasiliaCasaixx

Its been a few weeks since I've been here with Luciano and I can say things have been going quite well. Marlena had showed me the garden and I've been out here almost everyday, reading and enjoying the weather.

"I thought I'd find you out here." Luciano came and sat next to me on the bench. The past few weeks we've started to get closer as well. I don't mean close meaning we've slept together, but close as in getting to know each other better. "Yeah, I'm out here quite a lot now. What's going on?" I closed my book, and focused on him. He chewed on his lip. I noticed he did that a lot when he was nervous or frustrated.

"I realized I hadn't done this yet," he stood up, and pulled something out of his pocket. "With the wedding drawing nearer, I thought it would be best to get you this," he held out a ring box. He got down on one knee. "You're so cheesy." He smiled a small smile. "I'm nothing if not traditional." He opened the box and  presented me with the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. "This was my mother's ring. Her and my father didn't have the best relationship, but that is a story for another time." He took the ring out of the box. "Arianna Santina Laughlin, I know our meeting was quite out of the ordinary but I promise you with my life that I will protect you from any and everything life throws at you. I will be devoted to you and only you. I solemnly swear I will be the best husband I can be. Arianna, will you marry me?"

I stood up, and shook my head laughing. "Of course I'll marry you you big teddy bear." His eyes widened. "Only you have called me a teddy bear in my 26 years of living." He stood up, and slid the ring on my finger. The ring was absolutely stunning. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. "Promise me something too Arianna." I looked up at him. "What's that?" He took both of my small hands into his large ones. "Don't get scared and run away." I raised an eyebrow at him. "Fanculo." He pulled me closer and pressed his lips against mine. My mind was foggy. What the hell? He's kissing me! And I'm not pulling away! He pulled away and cupped my cheek. "Non sono un brav'uomo, ma per te cercherò di esserlo." The Italian was still fuzzy to me. "Perfetto." I didn't want to, but I could feel myself opening up to him more. He's a bad man, but he's never been bad to me. I cupped his cheek. "Teddybjørn." I pulled away and grabbed my book from the bench. "You will be the death of me Arianna Laughlin." I smiled a small smile and held my hand out to him. "Walk me back to the house?" He took my hand in his, and led the way. "So I was thinking we have the wedding in my hometown Palermo. It'll give us a chance to travel and get you away from Caratini for a while." Ah yes. The reason for the sudden wedding in the first place. I don't know why it made my mood change. Maybe because once he's caught, Luciano and I won't be married anymore. "Hey," I hadn't realized we stopped. "Where'd you go?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Oh, nowhere. Palermo sounds amazing. I'd love to see where you were born." I'm sure he could sense something was wrong, but didn't want to push me. "I'm gonna go up and take a nap before lunch. I'll see you later." I placed a kiss on his cheek before walking away. I walked up to my room, and started to take my shoes off. As I started to take my jewelry off, I couldn't help but to look at the ring again. How could he give me something that meant so much to his mother to someone who's temporary to him? I didn't have to turn around to know he was behind me. Before I could say anything, he spun me around and pressed his lips against mine. He lifted me up, placing me on the dresser. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pushed into me more, running his hands down my back, and around my waist. He pulled away, and kissed my forehead, my nose, and finally my lips again. "Sei la mia debolezza." He pecked my lips again, before puling away from me fully. I bit my lip and hopped down. He cupped my cheek.

"I will be away for a few hours. I have some business to attend to. Marlena will be up here to wake you for lunch. I will be back by dinner." I nodded. He kissed the top of my head. "Don't miss me too much." And there goes arrogant Luciano again. He backed away and walked out of my room leaving me to my thoughts. I crawled in the bed, succumbing to the sheets.

FLASHBACK

"What the fuck were you doing with him! I told you to stay away from him!" I cowered back in fear. "I heard  you also almost fucked him too? After I told you I want you nowhere near him!?" He stood up and slammed his hands on the table. "You have no right to justify that! I am an adult! I can make my own decisions! I didn't almost do anything with him because I am not like that!" I stood up, and got in his face, poking his chest. "You're just another one of the sluts here. No one will ever care for you Ia! I heard he went and fucked our two best girls right after he left you! Did you think you were something special? He's never going to care for you!"

That did it. I brought my hand back, and slapped him, hard. He held his cheek, and glared at me slowly. "Big mistake bitch." He snatched me up by my hair, and slammed my head on the desk. This has become a routine. I mouth off, I get beaten by him and at the end, it's as if it never happened. He goes back to being the sweet man I once knew before. This time, I didn't want it to be like this anymore.

I limped out of the room, and down to my own room. "Ari? Ari what happened!?" I couldn't bring myself to look at her. "Please let me go, I have to get out of here." I snatched away from her, and continued on to my room. I slammed the door, and locked it, falling down to the ground. The tears fell freely, as I started thinking about everything that has happened. I pulled my hair in frustration.

Mom.....Dad..... I will be with you soon. I crawled over to my drawer, and grabbed the razor I had kept hidden. I sniffled, and looked at the other marks on my arms. I didn't feel like putting makeup over them so people wouldn't see. I looked at the razor again. "Hello old friend..." I closed my eyes, and thought about everything again. More tears fell, as I slit my wrist, opening an old wound. Goodbye world.. Goodbye.. Fr-----... I felt my eyes closing, as I fell on the ground.

I could hear screams around me.

"What's going on!"  Muffled screams and arguing. I could feel myself losing consciousness. "The only way you're leaving me is in death by my hands."

END OF FLASHBACK

I woke up screaming, tears streaming down my face. Marlena came running in the room. "Arianna? Arianna what's wrong!?"  I was shaking uncontrollably. Alessandro, Luciano's right hand came running in. "Alex, call Luciano." Marlena cradled my head. He dialed Luciano and spoke in Italian. He hung up, and looked back at us. "He'll be here in 5 minutes." Marlena nodded, and stroked my hair. "Everything will be okay Arianna. I've got you." The tears just kept coming down. Luciano ran in the room, worry written all over his face.

"Arianna,  what happened? Are you okay?" He strode over to me, and held me in his arms. "I-I had a panic attack." My arms where my marks are started hurting. I looked down and all I saw was blood. I panicked. "Arianna.. Arianna you're bleeding." Marlena stood from the bed and went into the bathroom for a first aid kit. Luciano shook his head. "Lascialo in bagno. Mi prenderò cura di lui e di lei." She nodded,and walked out of the room. Alessandro stood in the doorway. "Finish up at the warehouse. Call if there is any issue." He nodded, and walked away.

Luciano stood and picked me up bridal style, carrying me in the bathroom. He set me on the sink, and turned the tap on. I could feel my tears drying on my face. He began cleaning my skin. "You've been clawing at yourself." I looked down at my arms, the memories coming back. "He would beat me any time I talked back to him. One day enough was enough. I wanted to get away from it all. I wanted to die." I looked away from my arms and sniffled trying to hold back tears. Luciano turned my head back towards him. He wiped the tears from my eyes. "Never will you go through that again. Never will someone ever harm you again. You are the strongest woman I have ever met." He bandaged my arms up, and held my hands in his. "You are precious tesoro. Please don't ever forget that." He kissed the top of my head, and picked me up off of the sink. He walked back into my room, and sat me on the bed. "You need to rest. I'll have Marlena bring you up something to eat." He started to walk out, and panic started to set in.

"Luca," he turned and faced me. "Can you stay with me, please? At least until I fall asleep?" He nodded, and walked back to the bed. I laid down, staring at the ceiling. He laid next to me, neither one of us saying a word. "I bet this isn't what you imagined sleeping with me would be like." He chuckled. "I wouldn't say it is, but being next to you making sure you're okay is enough for me." My heart swelled. His presence just may have been what I needed all along. I never realized this before, but Luciano had become my peace. When he's near, I never have to worry about being afraid. I felt my eyes flutter shut. I felt his lips on my head.

"You may have become the number one priority in my life Arianna. I will protect you no matter what. You are apart of my life now."

I could feel him pull me across his chest. I felt myself fall into a deeper slumber.

You've become my number one priority too Luciano DeRossi.

TRANSLATION:

Fanculo: Fuck it

Non sono un brav'uomo, ma per te cercherò di esserlo: I am not a good man, but for you I will try to be

Perfetto: Perfect

Sei la mia debolezza: You are my weakness

Lascialo in bagno. Mi prenderò cura di lui e di lei: Leave it in the bathroom. I will take care of it and her.

NORWEGIAN: Teddybjørn: Teddy bear

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 82.1K 42
Assistant during the day, and a stripper by night. With loans that needed paying off, Samai had to work two jobs to make ends meet. Recently catching...
3.1M 93.1K 80
Gwendolyn was different. There was no doubt about it. She was told constantly by her friends that she had a body to die for. She was sarcastic and...
67.9K 1.8K 30
"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could have lost their lives find each other. An...
544K 2.6K 5
Viviana Aliotta- A Mobster's Daughter and soon to be, like her sisters, a mobster's wife. That was how she was raised, that was what she was born for...