Raven (Fred x oc)

By belle_kafer

My name is Valerie Black and Sirius Black is my father, but I don't remember him. You see, he was taken away... More

1. Brains, Charm, Fire, and Mischeif
2. Escaped
3. The Black Name
4. Again
5. Family Relations
6. Newspapers and Boggarts
7. Ramifications and Voices
8. Cat and Mouse
9. Hogsmeade
10. Torn and Mended
11. Pre-Game Traditions
12. Badgers and Lions
13. Accusations
14. Christmas
15. Arguments
16. Eagles and Lions
17. Tall Tales
18. Nerves
19. Lions and Snakes
20. End of Term and All that it Entails
21. Rats!
22. Schoolboy Grudge
23. Truth and Justice
24. Explosion
25. Turning Time
26. The Conclusion
27. Explinations
28. Loose Ends
29. Resettling
30. Ton-Tongue Toffee
31. The Mystery of the Lack of a Quidditch Captain
32. Reconnecting
33. The Sensitive Nature of Money
34. The Quidditch World Cup
35. Death Eaters
36. He's Coming
37. Back Again
38. N.E.W.T. Classes
39. Something Not Right
40. Raven
41. Une Surprise
42. Happy Birthday
43. The First Task
44. The Yule Ball
45. The Ring
46. Changes for the Purpler
47. Psychometry
48. Spiritual Mediumship
49. The Third and Final Task Preparations
50. Force Field Generation
51. A Little Dose of Fear
52. Spirits
53. Trauma
54. Summer Pains
55. Grimmaud Place
Sequel
56. Potter Temper
57. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
58. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Remembered
59. Bewitched
60. Disillusion
62. Back Again
63. The Story of that Night
64. Umbi- Oop, I Can't Say That
65. Emotions and Quidditch
66. Toxic Masculinity
67. Rough on the Pitch
68. Loss of Quidditch, Loss of Safety
69. Gain
70. Lions and Serpents
71. Animosity
72. Guilt
73. Chocolate Oatmeal Biscuits
74. Escaped
75. Chiaroscuro
76. Soon to be Parted
77. Until We Meet Again, Luv
78. Lions and Eagles
79. Foreboding
80. Loss
81. Connections and What's to Come
82. Summer Break
83. Mid-Summer
84. A Moment You'll Never Forget
85. Back Again, Grown-Up Addition
86. The Dragon Falls Further and Further Away
87. The Dragon Steps to the Path of Fire
88. The Dragon Takes His Firsts Steps on the Fire
89. Lions and Snakes
90. The Sickly Dragon
91. Navidad
92. Badgers and Lions
93. The Dragon's River of Blood
94. The Raven's Dreams
95. Moonlight, Dark Curly Hair, Fangs, Blood, and the Figure
96. The End of a Book That Took a Hundred-Fifteen Years to Write
A/N
97. Too Much Potter
98. Forgetting
New Story!
99. Black-Wealsey
100. Second Wedding
101. Calm Before the Storm
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
102. Bondage
103. Frozen
104. Stories, Snatchers, and Mushrooms
105. Crucio
106. Plot-Twist
107. The Dragon Living in Fear
108. Andromeda Tonks
109. Home
110. The Dragon Calls to the Dragoness
111. An Escape
112. Pain
113. Shock and Delight
114. Orphaned
115. Hope
Epilogue
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

61. Fears

2.5K 75 18
By belle_kafer

With a gasp, I jolted awake from my slumbers, my head pounding. Glancing over at the window, I saw that the sun was already getting low. With a groan, I lay back in bed. I must've been asleep for several hours since this morning, but I felt no more rested.

For the remaining month before school started back up, I noticed that not only was Dad much quieter and more moody than usual but that I was becoming more withdrawn. I spent most of my time in my room either in a state of restless sleep or dreading the coming year.

I didn't know what was coming, but I knew that this year wasn't going to be one I would enjoy. What with everyone thinking Harry and I insane and the lack of belief that he is really back...

I was in the most misery on the last night of the holidays when an owl came pecking at my window. With a small sigh, I got up and let him in. He delivered his letter and disappeared again. School letters. Of course.

The moment I opened it, something fell from the envelope. I crouched down and found it was a red and gold badge. Captain? Huh. I wasn't nearly as excited as I'd expected to be, but...okay that's a lie. For the first time in months, a real genuine smile crossed my lips and I dared to think there would at least be something good coming from this year.

Before I could think more on it, Dad came in. "Molly needs to know what you need from Diagon Ally," he explained.

"Could I not go and get it?" I asked.

"Best you stay here," he replied. I sighed but nodded in agreement. Glancing at the book list, I took out my quill and underlined the books I needed, and handed it over.

Dad took the parchment and began to leave, but I asked, "Hey Dad?" He turned back around. "A-Are you okay?"

With a forced smile, he replied, "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've just been hiding from everyone, that's all," I replied. "Are you sure you're okay?"

With a sigh, he said, "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

After a long pause, he admitted, "I just...I don't want to be in this house alone once you all leave."

"I know," I said sadly. "But just think. Next year I can just live here with you." He smiled.

"Sure you want to live with your old man past school?"

I laughed. "Dad, I lost thirteen years. I'm not losing any more."

..............................................................................................................

"Come on, Val," George said, standing outside my door. "Everyone is down there."

"George, I'm really not in the mood," I replied.

"Can you at least let us in?" Fred asked.

Rolling my eyes, I unlocked the door with a flick of my wand. Stepping inside my room, Fred remarked, "What have you been doing? Throwing around half your room?" It was true that that room was in disarray.

"Trying to pack," I corrected.

"You've supposedly been packing all day," George countered.

"And?" I replied.

"It doesn't take all day to pack," Fred stated.

"Well apparently it does for me," I replied bitterly.

Crossing his arms over his chest, George asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said. Fred and George both shared a doubting look.

"Valerie," Fred said. "What's wrong?"

"I told you, it's nothing," I snapped, turning back to my stuff. With a sigh, Fred sat on my bed next to my trunk and looked at me. I turned to grab one of my books and saw that George had left. When I turned back, Fred took the book from my hands, threw it in the trunk, and slammed it shut so I couldn't get to it. "Really?"

"I won't let you open this until you tell me what's wrong," he stated. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I sighed, sitting down next to him.

"I don't want to go back," I admitted.

"Why?" Fred asked. It was clear by his tone he wasn't judging me for it, he was just curious and trying to understand.

"A few different reasons," I replied. "First, everyone thinks that Harry and I are crazy about...You-Know-Who, and I don't want to deal with the backlash of that. And beyond that..." I paused, unsure of how to properly explain. "Every time I step into those halls it seems like something bad happens."

"How do you mean?"

"Just think about it. Fifth year I wound up gaining and losing my dad, breaking my arm, and having to face the reason my godparents died. It wasn't traumatic but it was so...so much all in one year. Then last year..." I couldn't say it. I couldn't say what happened. Fred grabbed my hand. "And worse of all," I added, squeezing his hand back. "I'm scared of what Fudge is going to do."

"Do about what?" Fred asked.

"Do you remember last year after...everything? He stormed in and was yelling about Dumbledore being mental. I think he's going to try and change Hogwarts and take some of the power from Dumbledore."

"As long as he's there, we have nothing to worry about," Fred countered. I sighed, laying my head on his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1.5K 35
In this story you will be the daughter of Sirius Black. Your father has been locked up for 12 years and you have no clue who your mother is. Your fir...
5K 145 9
Have you ever wondered what Sirius Black was thinking upon meeting Harry Potter for the first time after escaping Azkaban, how Remus Lupin reacted to...
199K 3.4K 59
!!DISCONTINUED!! Y/n Black is the daughter of the one and only Sirius Black himself. She lives with her godfather Remus Lupin. Her and the Weasley tw...
15.4K 697 33
I don't know how I really got here. One moment I'm just Rachael Malfoy, a complete nobody even to my father... and now suddenly I am someone entirely...