Rendezvous in the Romanowskia...

By KaiseyEliysian

"And... the fifth rule," he came forward, locking me between him and the slab again. "This should be the last... More

Rendezvous in the Romanowskian Empire
1. Goodbye 21st century
2. Project 06T02-BCE
3. Electric impulse
4. Drape it like a pro
5. Identity crisis
6. Women's property
7. Fartaxerxes and Lola Rose
8. Dead end
9. Crypto maniac
10. Love at last sight
11. Fierce cub
12. Art of the concubine
13. Princess trouble
14. Ladies man
15. Master invader
16. Blue-eyed fantasy
17. Favourite of the great
18. Camp barbarian
19. Warlord Julian
20. Chocolate boy vs playboy
21. A disastrous promise
22. Night in the camp
23. His mystifying sides
24. Meek women my foot
25. Broken rules
26. The reward
27. Felinophobic Pharaoh
28. Skeletons in his closet
29. Infamous treaty
30. The woManly doctor
31. Launching Alexandria
32. Creepy cult
33. Dangerous women
34. Fartaxerxes is doomed
35. Baby steps
36. Bullies in the palace
37. Spicy 'n sweet
38. Romanos
39. Gossips with the bald priest
40. Purify me
41. Beware of the temple of Ishtar
42. Offerings to Aphrodite
43. Hanging feelings
44. Lola tales
45. The Romanowskian company
46. Making up to Armonia
47. Bath arena
48. Making up to him
49. Bloody hell
50. Peaceful heaven
51. Hypnotiser
52. Tactics
53. Tease
54. Temptations
56. Ancestors
57. So close
58. Cryptic revelations
59. Delicacy
60. Happy demise
61. Sad truth
62. Cursed lovers
63. Falling out
Romanowski and Rosemary
Sequel released

55. Baby it's just me and you

5.8K 285 493
By KaiseyEliysian

Althea

I wasn't scared.

I was willing it out of myself to feel anything. Fearful, nervous. But my heart wasn't ready to beat as ferociously as it should.

Strangely, everything felt tranquil.

I closed the door to my room and rested the back of my head against it, looking at the desolate hallway to his room, bathed in the golden light of fire torches.

This feeling was growing heavier. If only I really was a court writer. But born in this century...

I trudged ahead, moving my palm on the cool marble of the hallway's slab. The sky above was strewn together with stars, so many that they looked like stardust sprinkled in the night sky.

Soft winds skimmed past me when I stood in front of his room. No guards were stationed because everyone was rejoicing in the celebration.

When I couldn't hear anyone, I curled in my fingers to knock once, my heart calm like never before.

Two and three knocks, but nothing happened. Upon calling out several times, but to no avail, I gripped the thick iron rings and pushed open the doors.

His room was a flood of darkness and moonlight blending in.

Long translucent curtains of the large window blew inward, warm-cool winds keeping their motion alive.

Holding the sides of my heavy skirt, I stepped in, overwhelmed by the lack of burning fire torches, darkness on either side of me.

"My Lord..." I called out, a nervous inkling to my voice, not for him, but the unfriendly darkness, "I can be... easily spooked so, please don't jump out of the corner if..." I stifled a laugh. I sounded lame. That's not how one talked to a king, "Can you hear me, my Lord?" I repeated.

Nothing could be heard. I moved forward, finding solace in the silvery gust of light in the darkness. Then there was the door to the bath which upon contemplating, I knocked.

"My Lord..." my voice died down in a gulp. No. I wasn't imagining him taking a bath.

"My Lord, please answer me if you are here..." I didn't know what was making me this confident, when in fact, I was here for...

I was here for...?

I exhaled, a smile threatening to come on my lips. It was a mild feeling of awaited anticipation.

For the first time, I wasn't dreading his arrival.

I ambled to the window, curtains brushing past my cheeks like his lips.

His kingdom ahead was breathtaking. Houses looked like fireflies gleaming in the night, still and serene. The gazillion stars in the obsidian sky, looking down at them.

Such a peaceful place without honking vehicles, or mad party songs thronging the night, as it did in my world.

When I spotted the contours of his circular balcony, I retreated from the window to open the balcony gates, taking in a deep breath of the moon cool winds.

There were potted plants on either side, this place being less gloomy than the room. I had always wanted to come here, but too hesitant to ask him. My bare feet took in the warm sandstone floor as I stretched my arms sideways on the handrail to look up. A thing I'd caught him doing often when I would come for the recitations.

It was a full moon today, so round and bright. Brighter than what it looked from the skies of my century.

Another wave of wind blew past; the spring winds. Warm and sweet. Filled with the fresh smell of mud, leaves, coolness and something heavenly.

Something woodsy, earthy, manly. Hard to miss.

And then I fell into a deeper sense of calm when his large hands enveloped mine on the handrail, night robe covered chest, strong and protecting, grazing my back.

I felt his chin settle on my head, hands twining with mine, "Me sklavonis, Mila..." he breathed out.

Closing my eyes, I surrendered myself to his deep accent that weaved his voice in an unforgettable melody. You're enslaving me, darling, he was saying.
A voice I'll weep to hear again in my century.

Weep was such a weak word to describe it...

I pushed back a little, wanting him to enclose me in his arms, "You weren't in your room?" I asked softly.

His stubbled face came to rest on my bare shoulder, as I felt him breathing in and out, slowly, relishing in every moment. Just like me.

"There," he whispered, light brown eyes pointing to the rooftop which looked down at his balcony.

"The way you stood fearlessly, hairs flowing in the warm night breeze," he whispered, "looking so damn-" he sighed, a chuckle resonating in my ears as he chose to pour out the right words, "it was enough to leave me breathless," he confessed.

When his gaze left the rooftop, so did his hands from mine but now, they came to rest on the side of my bare waist, fingers splayed on my skin, thumb brushing, "No woman had ever left me breathless just by the sight of her," he looked up into the sky with me, another hand making its place by my free side, securing me finally. I leaned my head against his chest, knowing the true definition of peace.

I didn't know what to say of it, my cheeks warming up, "How... does the Moon change its shape?" I asked instead, curious to know what he knew of it.

"This is a nineteen-year cycle," he murmured, "after which the phases are repeated on the same days of the year, or approximately so."
I laughed softly, knowing well he wasn't aware that the Moon revolved around the Earth. If only I could tell him...

"Mila," he smiled against my cheek, "haven't we..." his voice dropped an octave lower, "...slipped past the main reason we're here for?" he brushed his lips by the side of my jaw, and my eyes closed off at the contact.

Everything felt immense with closed eyes. Now I knew why the eyes closed the moment one shared a kiss.

When my conscience arrived, he wasn't there.

I looked around, felt up my arms, my face, and turned around. No one. Was I imagining it?

"My Lord," I said once, eyes searching for him. Craving for him, "Where are you... My Lord?" I stepped back in. This time his room in clear view for the Moon had shifted, brightening up his room with its glimmering streaks.

My movements were slow, deliberately wanting the predator to attack me. That was the level of insane I'd become, but I didn't care. I stopped to look at his bed, my back facing the window.

Pillows were propped neatly by the headboard and I thought back to the words I'd heard at the banquet...

"Aw, I know it's me! Tonight I'll be spending the night with Julian," The red-haired noblewoman was laughing as she'd take sips of wine from her goblet.

"Not you, it's me," Another Princess from a faraway kingdom had smirked, "Don't forget, it was me who he had..." Her revelation hid in a wave of secretive giggle, "Let's just say... he will be mine tonight."

They knew so much about him and me... I knew nothing. Perhaps I never will.

"This way, Cors," My breath hitched when I heard the mesmerising baritone, my head turning back on its own.

He stood leaning back against the wall. Arms crossed, a faint knowing smile on his face. An expanse of his broad chest was visible through the night robe as he tilted his head, eyes taking me in.

Every ounce of my skin was heating up, colouring in the crimson shade of blood. He called me Cors.

The translucent cream coloured curtains were wafting across his face as he raised his hand, index finger silently calling me to him.

The mere action felt as if he was tugging at my heart, spellbinding me to move.

When I was close enough, he encircled a hand around my wrist and changed our position, my back against the wall now.

Hooded eyes looked down at me, stunned and lost. The same look he had when he saw me for the first time.

"Are you drunk...?" I asked, knowing well he never liquored up, but the look on his face told otherwise.

"Yes," a smile curved up his lips, "drunk on you."

My mind spun and spun with the web of words he was entangling me in, sweet and hypnotic.

He traced his necklace on my neck, "You know how to... read, write... cook," his thumb brushed up the hollow of my neck, "fight," he grinned, "and now... dance, play the lyre and sing.

"Who are you, Althea?" His eyes, though sharp and clever, were thrilled, "Or... are you even Althea Rosemary at all?"

My heart was beating like a doe's, who was escaping a lion's wrath, "What do you... think?" I whispered back. I needed to know what he thought of me, if not a spy. In the chaos of doing everything correctly, I hadn't known I'd displayed so many qualities that the average human of this time doesn't.

"Some otherworldly being. Someone who doesn't belong to this world," he stated, unfazed.

He couldn't be more true.

"So... does this assumption make me a threat or... a benefit for you?" I asked cautiously, pleased to see him getting perplexed by his own theory.

But he didn't linger on it as his serious mood vanished, replaced by the same gaze he'd passed in the celebration hall, sensual and crazy.

I shivered when he held me by my shoulders, hard hands sinking into my flesh, pressing me against the wall.

"Anything else you want to say?" he chuckled, "to distract me from my original purpose..."

"No," I replied.

That took him aback, his face twisting in surprise before it melted back to its fascinated look.

His fingers glided down my back, to slide over the jewelled chain I'd worn around my waist, tickling my skin, "You aren't afraid of the consequences, are you?"

I looked into his eyes, heart beating in my throat that my replies were scaring me, "No."

"Which means, I don't scare you anymore?"

"No..."

A triumphant smile came over his face, devoid of any undertone, "You know what?" He started slowly, tucking a stray strand behind my ear, hand moving into my hair, "I've been wanting to hear that from you," he whispered. And when a smile came on my lips too, he closed the distance. Slowly.

He was never in a rush, neither forceful nor rough. So gentle, slow and hypnotic his kiss was, meaning every second of it, that made me drown with him in an endless sea of bliss that I didn't want to think about anything else.

One of his arms curled around my back, the other holding the back of my neck, lips moving, angling my face as he pleased because honestly...

I didn't know how to kiss.

It was sinking in deeper now because he was the only one doing the thing. Keeping it going.

I didn't know how to fudging kiss.

After a moment of giving in to him, we stopped, breathing hoarsely against each other's forehead. Unknowingly, I had clutched onto his night robe, causing his chest to be more visible than it already was. Flushed, I removed my hand.

But it didn't take him a second before he caught my hand back, a satisfied smile on his face.

"I- I'm sorry," I fumbled, having known I'd probably made a fool out of myself, "I don't know how to... do it properly..." I heaved a breath, reddening instantly.

Was that even a thing to say out loud?

He placed my hand on the wall beside my head, drowsy eyes levelling mine, "Am I complaining?"

My gaze fell on his parted lips as he moved his tongue playfully over his teeth. Like a predator waiting to devour his prey. "My Lord..." I trailed, forgetting what I wanted to say when he placed a finger over my lips.

"Shh, not that, from today."

I was burning in the curious waves he was engulfing me in.

"What is my name?" he husked.

The Moon shone through his eyes, giving a silvered hue to the light brown shade. His lips pressed in a thin but quirky line.

"My Lor-" I started, but he cut me off.

"My name."

His intimidation was making me dishevelled, "J- Julian..." I stammered. It had been years since I'd said his name, right in front of him.

"Again," Another hand came on the wall, caging me in.

"Julian..." I was a breathing mess by now.

"Again."

"Julian-"

And then he pressed his lips on mine. Again.

But this time, it was deeper, more serious, intense, as if he couldn't go on without it. His strong arms pulled me flush against him, another hand cupping the back of my head to keep me in place. The wreath of ivy slipping down from my head.

He was skilled. So skilled that I didn't know when he took me to his bed until I felt the headboard against my back.

My hands were shakily trying to grasp onto him when did something at the base of my tongue, making me suppress an embarrassing cry. A spot I'd never known would be this sensitive to a deep kiss.

We pulled apart when we couldn't breathe any longer. His fingers buried in my hairs, forehead slumped against mine.

"You look so beautiful today..." he whispered, breathing in short gasps, just like me. My hands clutched his shoulders, trying to relieve myself.

"Y- You too," I whispered back.

"Do I?" His voice was filled with amusement as his sensuous mouth twisted into a grin, "So... should we come to your deeds now?"

The dark hairs were falling over his forehead, eyes slyly looking at me. I struggled to breathe at his rugged appearance. He looked way too sensual in his night robe than in any other dress.

"What did I do to you," he started, "when you came into my palace?"

I blinked back, trying to focus on what he asked, "You... threatened me," I gulped, "by showing that body... of your previous writer..."

He nodded, "And after that?"

I thought harder at what he'd done, "you... made me sign the... treaty."

"Before that," he prompted.

My gaze shifted behind him, thinking back to the events that happened in the secret chamber, "you were... angry," I mumbled, "and told me... not to write about t- that writer..." hesitantly, I looked at him to see him shaking his head.

I sucked in a breath when he placed his palm beside me, leaning in, pressing two of his fingers at the nape of my neck, "Here," he whispered, "What did I do here?"

Brief flashes came from the time when he'd bitten me in the lake, and again in the chamber.

The pain, a reminder that he was watching my every move.

"You b- bit me," I exclaimed.

Pleased, he removed his fingers, "And why did I do that?" He asked again. I just sat still.

"Have you noticed the necks of most women around you," he rubbed his jaw, looking briefly at the glowing darkness out the window before his eyes were back on mine. I shook my head slowly.

"Most of them have a mark, a symbol that she's taken by a man," he defined, "so other men stay away from her."

My eyes widened at the familiar thing I'd read about.

They did that. Ancient men did this marking thing on their women, so other males didn't look at her with a gaze of want.

A trait that my generation had happily donated to vampires and werewolves.

A cunning smile came on his face as he observed the puzzles fixing in my head.

"Are you aware..." he mused, "the number of eyes that were on you, when you came here for the first time?" he tilted up my chin, "hooked on you, your movements," his face grew emotionless as he stared into the depths of my eyes.

"While you were blissfully unaware of them, lost in the grandeur of this palace."

My mouth was agape at the revelation.

"I had to do it," he retreated his hand, "And I'd thought I'll always have to do it," his stern gaze drifted away into a sigh.

"But it panicked you so much the first time I did it, that I didn't feel like doing it again," he confided.

Silence blanketed us, with his stare weighing me down. I never knew I was so careless about people's gazes.

"And coming to the celebration hall," he accursed, "do you know the number of people who were fantasising about you?"

My heart plummeted, "B- But there were more gorgeous women... than me..." I lowered my gaze, flustered when he shook his head in denial.

"What about the lyre and song?"

"You didn't tell me to stop..."

He snickered, flexing at his elbows, "Sometimes, it's amusing to see your courage, confidence..." his voice darkened, "your fearlessness for me," he smirked.

"Align your neck."

I stopped breathing momentarily at his order. He didn't move an inch from his position, silently waiting.

Align your neck.

I clutched at my skirt, palms sweaty, an unusual fear of excitement rushing through me. Insane insane. The voice inside me chanted, You've gone insane, Althea.

"Mila," he tsked, "I can very well move your neck if you don't."

He wasn't in a mood to joke now, his voice dead serious. Without another word, I turned my head aside, exposing my neck to him. I didn't know why I wasn't even putting a lame banter at his instincts.

But truth was, I'd never felt so compelled to follow someone's order. Ever.

"A little dove was allowed to fly around... in the palace," he sang, moving closer till I could feel his breath painting my breathless frame.

His hand clasped one of my shoulders to keep me from moving, "But the king didn't like when people began to notice her," he whispered into my ear, "see her fly with those pearly white wings," his fingers drummed at my bare back, hot breath swiping over the length of my neck.

I was shuddering all over.

"And when the dove started to sing," I gasped as his arm tightened around me, my chest pressed against his, "the king decided it was time...

"To enclasp her neck," he wrapped a hand around my neck, "in a little mark of warning to those onlookers," he chuckled and the next moment, simmering pain flared from the side of my neck.

I cried out at the repeated aggression of his teeth against the skin of my neck until I was gripping onto him for dear life. The first time didn't come close enough to what he was doing now.

And then his tongue, his lips, soothed away the fresh pain, feeling like ice rubbing over a burn. His touch, hot and cold at the same time.

Both his hands were clasped on my neck as he continued to caress the pain. Pulling me further away from the headboard.

"Julian..." I was lost in the feeling that I didn't know what he was doing until I felt the cushion below my head.

Planting in one last kiss at my neck, he came to hover over me, hands on either side of my laid self, "And you know why he marked her?" he grinned.

"He could've locked her in a cage, but no... he still wanted to see her fly." I looked on dazed as he bent once again to capture my lips.

Slow and moving. Pulling in and giving in. Compelling me to make all those horrid embarrassing noises I tried the hardest to resist.

And it was just a kiss. Neither his hands nor any other touch. Just his lips.

If his kiss was like this, I didn't know what he was like.

He bit on gently on my already sensitive lips, before withdrawing, watching me catch my breath as if I'd just ran a mile.

"So delicate..." I heard him whispering to himself.

My eyes fluttered open, breath shallow as I looked at him. He looked amused and in deep thought at the same time.

"You should be wary of... delicate women, my Lord," I heaved when a thought occurred to me. He seemed to be possessed, lost in what he was looking at. Almost as if he was falling...

Don't fall for me, Julian. Just... don't.

"And why is that?" he chuckled.

"Delicate women just... appear to be delicate," a smile tugged at my lips with the way I'd tackled him in the forest, "They must not be... trusted upon."

Because he had started to do that. Without knowing the consequences...

When he continued to look down with an inquisitive gaze, I spoke, "There are docile women... who've betrayed like none else."

I held my breath as I said so. It was hurting, but the truth was, I never wanted him to trust me enough that I couldn't go back peacefully. It would be fair if he suspected me in everything I did.

But my words didn't appear to faze him. Unlike the previous time when he was hurt, this time his grin just grew wider.

"Someone cares too much for my wellbeing, hm?" his voice was laced with a sense of leisure. I noticed his hand to go behind his back before he pulled something out.

A small but sharp silver dagger, which was now pressed against my neck.

I stopped breathing.

"That's a nice warning," he hummed, and my heart was beating out of my throat.

"Docile women using their charm to kill Kings..." Calculative hands moved the dagger's blade over my neck. My eyes shut tight, breath erratic at the sharpened blade close to cutting my skin. My body trembling like anything.

"But... they do so while seducing..." he whispered, "do some delicate women even know the first thing about seduction?" he twisted the dagger, its pointed tip now lazily moving across the exposed skin of my chest, taking advantage of my deep neck blouse.

My throat was dry breathing through my mouth. I was on edge. Sheets fisted in my hands when the dagger stopped right above my heart. A little more pressure and blood would come spurting out.

"I did say, I was watching everyone's move, Mila," he snickered, "Don't worry about anyone betraying me." Tantalisingly, he drew the tip of the knife lightly down my chest, till my stomach, reaching my navel. I took in a shuddering breath. This was too fervid.

He chuckled, tracing the tip back up my neck, leaving me exhausted from breathing so hard. Leaning in, he kissed the middle of my neck where the dagger finally left my skin.

"This shows it's you who trusts me. Otherwise, wouldn't you have defended yourself, my sweet?

"Instead of rendering yourself powerless under my knife?"

I opened my eyes, confounded by his tactics, "I cannot do anything... without your trust, my Lord," I confessed, "My life ends the day... you lose confidence in me."

The small weapon was proof that he was always ready for every situation.

Coming to my side, he placed a hand under my back to lift me, surprisingly engulfing me in a hug.

"Mila," he smoothed out my hair, "I don't spare a spy's life but...

"I'll happily accept if you want to... betray me. Just tell the reason and I'll leave you."

"No!" The words flew out before I could comprehend his words, "I was... just telling... what I'd heard about... I would never betray you, my Lord..."

"Julian sounds better, love," he mumbled.

A warm, fuzzy feeling overtook me at his endearment. Eventually, I relaxed against him, closing my eyes to relish in his scent.

"Julian," I whispered, feeling him smile against my head.

"Althea," he neared my ear, nuzzling lightly, "Sleep with me tonight."

My heart came to a skidding halt, stomach twisted into knots.

And then I calmed myself.

The pills must've... assimilated in my stomach by now.

I could feel it in the air, and I'd acted on my instincts. The reason I'd gone to my room prior to coming here.

But my face was burning. Even when I knew him for years, this seemed... too soon.

"Mila," he pulled back to face me, his face lowered to my level, eyes mesmerising, expressions so soft, "I said sleep, not spend the night with me," he smiled.

My surprised Pikachu face looked back at him, stunned. I exhaled out like never before and slumped against his chest. Heart still ringing in my ears at what I'd assumed. Oh, Lord.

His laughter was filled with humour as he rubbed my back, patting lightly, "Do I look like that kind of King, who'd have a woman the moment she entered his bed?

"That too with such a sweet woman like you?"

I clutched at his night robe, burying my face into his chest because my blush was overflowing. He enclosed me in his arms, his forehead resting over my shoulder.

Neither of us wanted to leave.

After a moment of laying in his arms, calming down, at last, I raised my head. He passed me a smile filled with such longing and care that a sob was about to escape my throat.

"That was a request, not an order," he added, making my heart swell in affection. I didn't want to deny it.

"I would need to... change my... dress, then..." I mumbled, lowering my gaze. I bit on my lip in anticipation, only for my eyes to close at the stinging pain already there.

He nodded, and I began to step down his bed when he held my hand.

"You are not going out of this room tonight," I closed my eyes to heave out another breath, a silly smile on my face. Slowly, I turned to look at him.

"Grab something from the cupboard," his eyes, ever so slowly ran down me then up, "you can change... in my bath," he gave a small smile. But the intensity of his eyes told, he wanted... something else.

* * *

Julian

I wanted something else.

Here I was, imagining it was me who was changing her clothes.

At that thought, I left her hand, motioning for her to step out. My imagination turning into reality would be too much for her to bear.

For my little dove was completely nerve wrecked moments ago.

When she stepped out to stand in front of the mirror, she turned slightly to me, eyes wavering, not able to look into mine, "I would... need to remove these," I nodded after which, she began to remove her earrings, followed by the amulets, the chained bracelets, my necklace.

I raised my arms behind my head to rest against the headboard, watching her fiddle with the jewelled chain she'd worn around her waist before it too came out as she kept them all on the dressing table.

Damn, Julian Romanowski, I sucked on my upper lip at a thought that hadn't occurred to me earlier. Next time, if not anything else, I was definitely going to remove her jewellery.

She chose not to remove her anklets and turned around to walk to the bath. The mere sight of her walking around in my room, little bells of her anklet jingling in the silence, gave me a satisfaction like never before.

I exhaled out, closing my eyes for the moment. A foolish smile moving up my lips.

She wasn't scared.

There was a different thrill in having her willing to do something, then me forcing her. If this had occurred sometime when I'd just met her, if I'd acted on my sheer want to just be with her, she wouldn't have been the way she is today.

This felt like a beautiful victory.

I glanced out and snickered when I remembered how she was apologising for the way she kissed. There wasn't a more adorable being I'd ever seen in my life.

There are docile women... who've betrayed like none else.

Weaving a hand through my head, I leaned against the pillows, face suddenly turning grim. Her statement had surprised me to a sickening level.

As far as I knew, there was no one associated with her, except her sister. Everything that related her, whether her hometown, father or previous kingdom where she was a court writer, was a dead end.

I shook my head. She had surpassed all my scrutinies. Today she had proved that she wasn't a spy, being genuinely concerned for my security. So much that she warned me against trusting anyone, even her. Just like a King should have a suspicious gaze on everyone, every time.

The door to the bath opened and she came out, slowly walking towards my bed, towards me, in her lithe linen draping.

I wonder if this is what it'll look like on my wedding night too.

She looked up and tucked her hair behind her ears. A frail, unsure smile on her face which I returned, and extended my hand for her to take when she was close.

She could be something else, but not a spy. She was too honest for that.

"I wish I looked less intimidating," I pulled her up until she was nestled into my arms.

She laughed, getting comfortable in my arms, "Why would you say that?"

"I seem to scare you so much," I caressed her face with the back of my finger, "Even when I don't want to."

Her hand rested over my arm, fingers grazing on the silken fabric of the night robe, "No," she shook her head, "A King must look intimidating," her lips, that were the colour of the rosy dawn to which I would wake up to, spread into a smile, like the Sun's rays spilling into my gloomy loveless life.

Damn, she was going to make me a poet.

That's what happened whenever my thoughts would start describing her beauty.

Her eyes in the dark resembled the blue of an ocean, honey-like hair falling over her shoulders, skin tinged in the moonlight engulfing the darkened room.

"What's the benefit?" I pushed the statement further, just for the sake of it, "When I end up scaring you?"

She looked up as if she couldn't believe it, "Julian..." she laughed lightly, my heart thumping at how wonderful my name sounded from her, "I shouldn't be... that important of a person to... influence your decisions..."

She tried smiling through whatever she was feeling as she retreated her hands over her lap.

I took her face in my hands. Her small face fit in as if they were made for my palms, "That's not for you to decide," I stated, and when she just stared at my lips, I bent down to close hers on mine.

Dear Aphrodite, I could kiss this heaven of a woman for an entire night.

The way she tried to move her lips told she too wanted it, as much as I did. Soon, she was out of breath, not being accustomed to kissing for this long, or kissing alone for that matter.

I pulled her closer, letting myself float in the aftermath of something as simple as a kiss. It was like I couldn't breathe without being close to her.

Her palms were resting over my chest when she opened her eyes, upon feeling the deep cut below my collarbone.

"What is... this?" Gingerly, she touched the mark over the bare expanse of my chest through the night robe. I closed my eyes.

Tonight was undoubtedly the most incredible night I had in years.

I looked down at what she was staring at, "A battle scar," I told her.

"Which one?"

I recalled what this cut was, probably through a spear, "During the siege of Tyre."

The look on her face told she knew about the battle. Such excitement and sadness floating at the same time on her face.

She nodded and proceeded to move her gaze, spotting more of them, "And this one?"

"Battle of the Granicus River."

"There's one over your... heart too," she mumbled, skimming it with her thumb.

"That was during a one-on-one combat with the previous ruler of Cyprus."

She looked up, her face a sad poetry, "You were eighteen."
I hummed along.

"You want to see more?" I enquired, and she immediately agreed. Untying the gold satin around my waist, I let the upper half of the night robe slide by, my torso in her view now.

Blush filled her cheeks at my sudden action. Nevertheless, she concentrated on finding the other scars.

"This... one?" Meekly she pointed at the side of my torso but I took her hand to place it there.

"Here?" I snickered. She lowered her gaze, stifling a smile.

"Siege of Halicarnassus," I replied.

Her eyes widened at the name, face bubbling in excitement, "You've... been there?" she breathed out. I nodded slowly, waiting for what had delighted her.

"Then you must've... been to the... Mausoleum of Halicarnassus too?"

"Yes," I took her hand, intertwining her fingers with mine, "You want to visit it?"

A bright smile came over her face but her voice was faint as she looked out the window, "Isn't it... far from here?"

She was so perfect that I needed to know her. Slow and steady.

"Is there anything far for a King?" I weaved a hand through her hair. Except for the heart of a certain someone.

"How do you know about it?" I mused. I never knew about this mausoleum until I went there.

"It comes under the... wonders of the world," she smiled, and I could tell how eager she was to visit that place, "just like the... Hanging Gardens at Babylon."

"Wonders of the world?" My brows drew together in thought, "That's something I never heard of."

"They are wonders, a- according to my Father," she replied in a haste, "The others include Temple of Artemis, Temple of Zeus and the Pyramids of Giza..."

"Hm, Artemis temple is already destroyed, but I took you to the Giza pyramids. No?" I grinned at the memory. She had been like the happiest little child when I took her to those great pyramids as she touched and wrote about everything possible.

She nodded gladly, eyes drifting across the room, "How do you know my... short name, though..." she tucked her hair in apprehension.

"Your sister Lola," she stilled at her mention, "She's being unfaithful to Alexander?"

She looked up, having no clue what I was talking about.

"You showed her a room, didn't you?" I asked further.

"I did, but..." she was becoming nervous, disturbed, "I didn't know she would..."

"Calm down," I pressed her against my chest, not wanting her to become scared again after all this time, "I'm not telling anyone, just because she is your sister," I assured, kissing her hair.

Seeing she was still embarrassed at what her sister was doing, I started telling her about all the places I'd been to, the battles I fought, as she listened with utmost caution, as if imprinting in her head.

"When I wonder about a battlefield..." she sighed, "filled with people trying to kill you from all directions, swords, spears, slashing through the human flesh... blood," she looked into my eyes, "it seems like a..." she raised her hand and for the first time, gently brushed her thumb along my cheek, fingers pressed against my face, "miracle to survive it..."

My heart had never raced the way it did now.

Then she did something I'd only dreamt about. She inched closer and ever so softly, pressed her lips over the scarred wound of my heart.

"I'll pray," she uttered, "that you never get wounded again," a smile graced her lips.

She didn't know she was healing my heart inside out.

I looked down at my chest where she had lain the little kiss, then back at her. A storm of emotions was swirling within me, wanting to pour out the feelings, but I controlled myself when an excellent thought brewed in my head.

"Now," I closed in on her ear, "shouldn't I return the kiss?" I felt her shiver as she clutched my arms. My hands snaked around her waist, reclining her until her back rested on my bed.

She knew what I was doing as I gradually undid the linen around her neck, lowering it enough till I could just see the swell of her chest, below which her heart laid.

With my hands holding down her shoulders, I pressed my lips over her swell, warm and beating wildly as I sucked gently, kissing her heart.

The sound of her heavy breathing was like a melody to my ears. Unconsciously, her hands went from my shoulders to the back of my neck, gripping on shakily, as I continued to kiss her beautiful heart, my hands shifting below her back, holding her close.

I didn't want to stop.

But reluctantly, I did. When I raised my head, the sight of her hair spilt on the white sheets, mouth opened in breathlessness, eyes closed in bliss, took my breath away.

If a single kiss over her heart was this pleasurable for her, what would...

"Breathless already?" I smiled, cutting off my thoughts.

She opened her eyes, blushing furiously, "M- Maybe..."

She was liking it.

Her chest was still heaving up and down, trying to catch her breath. "Breathe, deep breaths," I helped her, and she followed.

"Stable?" I asked after a while, amusement evident in my voice at what I wanted to do again. When she nodded, the smile not leaving her face, I pressed my lips back to hers.

This time she made a beautiful noise from the back of her throat, low and luscious, that had me increasing my grip on her. I kissed her deeper until I knew what her mouth was like.

This wasn't just a simple kiss. It was music, a wave of emotions and unsaid words.

I knew what we had agreed on tonight, and I wasn't going to change it. I rested my head against her, carefully fixing the linen back over her chest, "You want to continue or... sleep?"

"S- Sleep. Sleep it is," she stuttered, eyes drifting away, her cheeks like red blossoming flowers.

Tucking back my half-open night robe, I pulled her up to lay us back on the pillows. Hesitantly, she placed her hand over my chest, which I held instantly.

"You ate something?" she asked timidly, "I didn't... see you at the banquet..."

"A quick dinner," I replied. In the need of meeting up with you.

"Quick?" she giggled, "you must have elaborate meals my- Julian..." she bit her lip at how it sounded. I chuckled.

"There were some women there..." she mumbled, "talking about how they would be... sleeping with you tonight..."

It was insane how she wasn't sounding jealous. At all. Was she even a human? Even I was feeling jealous of the fact that she wasn't jealous.

"They weren't talking. They were dreaming, love," I whispered back. None of them could come close enough to what Althea was.

I glanced out of the corner of my eyes to see her face pressed against my chest, flustered, as she looked at the moonlight that equally glistened her face.

"Want to see something you're always looking at?" I asked as she raised her head.

"Where?" she looked around eagerly.

I pulled the rope hanging beside my head, causing the milky curtains to fall around the bedposts, enclosing us within them.

She let out a small gasp of surprise, unintentionally moving closer to me. Her eyes took in the view in awe. Every little thing surprised her.

"It looks so beautiful..." she turned around to look at it wholeheartedly, not getting enough. Her back facing me.

"You were right about the... need for these curtains," I repressed a laugh when I remembered her childlike defence.

"When pretty insects get into bed..." I moved close to her ear as she held her breath, "A pretty spider," I wrapped an arm around her front, pulling her back close to my chest, "and a pretty butterfly," I breathed against the nape of her neck, wanting to leave another mark, "their activities aren't pretty at all... Or are they?"

To my surprise, she twisted in her position to face me again, quickly hiding her face in my chest, "Sleep is a pretty thing!" Came her muffled voice.

I threw my head back in laughter as she acted to fall asleep, clung onto me. I gathered her in my arms, forever grateful for this night.

"But the prettiest thing is... you happening to me," I kissed her hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 5.8K 47
I ran my hands through his hair, my grip firm as I pushed it down slightly, my main focus on his lips. "And then?" "Then I'd slide my dick into you...
432 73 28
•••••••••••••••• He took a step closer to her, and she took one away from him. "When two people make love, it is sensual, two hearts bonding, and car...
I Want Winter By Song_smile

Historical Fiction

287K 7.7K 82
A girl, who hates winter because of the cold, had to run through ice as it cracked and she fell in the ice. When she woke up, she had time travel i...
9.5M 457K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...