Yesterday (Will Poulter fanfi...

By SunnyCoolKid

"I don't know exactly when I fell in love with him. It could've been yesterday, or last week or last month or... More

disclaimer
When the Time's Right
Just Because
What
Promise
The Sky's the Limit
So Much to Love
Crap
Phone Calls
Classic
Delaware
Adventure Seeking
Ground Zero
Simple and Pretty
Yes
What's Cookin'
Easy as Pie
Luxury
Endings and Beginnings
In the Locker Room
High School
Truly
Good Looks
Coffee Break
Very
Amazing
Home
No Matter What
Things to Know
That's Right
For You
Gowns and Secrets
Wedding Crasher
It's a Girl
The Next Chapter
An Abundance of Meetings
A Sizable Inheritance
So Soon
The Season
One Year
Love Never Gives Up
Begin Again
For Real
Nature
Karla Jane
At The Sangsters
Picnic
Everything is Right
Playlist
Bookstore
Exploring
Rocky Mountains
Gorgeous

Saturday

2.9K 105 95
By SunnyCoolKid

 "Good? Really? That's all I get? GOOD?" Rosabel says in disbelief.

     "What more is there TO GET? We went for a run, we talked we went home. And then I resumed being the good little school girl I am." I nod.

     Rosabel shoves one of the shoe boxes back on the rack, "You've wanted to go out with Zeke Davies since you first laid eyes on him. And all you say is your date was 'good'. Girl, you are SO full of it!"

     "By 'it' do you mean sensiblity?" I say, batting my eyelashes at her.

     "Does this have to do with Will?" She says, crossing her arms.

     "No!" I say quickly, then pause, "Maybe. A little."

     Rosabel throws her hands in the air, "Oh my gosh!"

     "I'm allowed to take interest in more than one man! I'm not committed to either of them!" I defend, pulling out a pair of blue running shoes from the rack, "What do you think of these?"

      "They're cute." Rosabel says, quickly turning the subject back around,"But what happens if one day, you're hanging out with your little friend, Will, and some pony riding dingo comes along, snaps a picture, and then -BOOM- suddenly your face is all over the internet and Zeke FINDS IT?"

     "Pony riding dingo....." I muse under my breath, peering into other Payless shoeboxes.

     "Sidney!"

     I look over at her, "Then I guess BOTH boys will have to man up and get over it, because i'm not their girlfriend. Either one of them."

     "What happens if one of them does ask you to be their girlfriend?" Rosabel inquires.

     "I don't know." I shrug.

     "You don't know?" Rosabel says, disbelievingly.

     "Nope." I smile a little, "That's the beauty of it."

     She throws her hands in the air. The fact that she's getting so riled up about it is rather amuseing. She starts pacing around, distracted.

     I chuckle, "You've been hanging around Rhea too much."

     "Not my fault - you're the one who left for a week!" Rosabel shakes her finger at me.

     I only chuckle and looks in another shoe box.

     Rosabel sighs and looks at her phone, "I've got to go. I have class in an hour. I'll talk to you later."

     I wave, "Okay, see you."

     She walks out the door, leaving me alone in the shoe shop.

     :     :     :     :     :

     *two weeks later*

       There's a small library right outside of the college that I'd taken a liking to. It was quiet, because most of the students went to the on-campus library, and it smelled old. Not many people came to this one and the head librarian scowls at everyone who comes in, which makes my reading experiences much more interesting. She's a little old, Asian lady, with big hair, bad American grammar and a bent back, making her sort of look like a boomerang with yellow skin. She sort of reminds me of that slug lady in Monsters Inc. She doesn't SAY IT, but the looks she gives practically scream, "I'm watching you Wisouski. Always watching."

     I answer my phone quickly when it starts ringing loudly. I get dirty looks from Slug Lady Librarian and the few other people who occupy the library.

     "Hello?" I whisper.

     "Hey! Sidney! Why are you whispering?" I hear Wills voice on the other end.

     "I'm in a library." I respond, quietly.

     "Did I really have to ask? Will chuckles, almost talking to himself.

     "Probably not."

     "Anyway, how are you?"

     "Cold." I whisper back, "But don't worry, I'll check out a book soon."

     "How will that help? You'll still be cold." He says, confused.

     "Yeah, but at least I'll have a book." I smile.

     Will considers for a moment, "I think you have this thought process all wrong....."

     I chuckle, "Maybe."

     We continue talking, even as I leave the library (getting a deadly scowl from Slug Lady) and walk across the street to the grocery store.

     I'm not sure how we got on the subject, but we're currently talking about tacos.

     "No, sir. A taco is no longer a taco if you use a crunchy shell. It then becomes a borrito." I say, walking onto the school supply isle, in search of new pens.

     Will laughs, "But what if it has the quality's of a taco?"

     "You mean a tortilla?" I say, shadowing my eyes.

     "No, I mean, like, meat and lettuce and-" he starts.

     "Those are on tacos AND borritos!" I exclaim, "I pity you, Will."

     He chuckles, "You're funny."

     I smile, "You're not too dumb for someone who doesn't go to Harvard."

     He laughs, "You have a nice laugh."

     "Your voice is nice." I fire back.

     "Your eyes are pretty." He says, quickly.

     I was thinking it, but I hadn't intended to say it. And then it came out, "I think you're cute."

     He doesn't miss a beat, "I think you're beautiful."

     I feel my heart stop and a smile spread onto my face. I start, "Th-" but he cuts me off.

     "Do you want to go out on a date sometime?"

     I feel my smile widen, "Yes."

      I can tell he's smiling, "Cool. I'll make a trip up to Harvard this weekend."

     "I guess I'll see you then." I grin. 

     "I guess so." He says, cheerfully, "I'll talk to you later."

     "Okay. Bye."

     "Bye."

     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

     The next morning I find myself being shaken awake by Poppy.

     "Wake up, Sidney! You've got to wake up!"

     I groan, "What? Why?"

     "Our alarm didn't go off this morning! Breakfast ends in FIVE MINUTES."

     I feel my eyes snap open, "OH NO!"

     "We have to go!" Poppy says, grabbing my hand and yanking me out of bed.

     She tries dragging me out of the room in my short shorts and T-shirt but I object, "I can't go out like this!"

     "Sidney! Starvation or presentation!?"

      I scrunch my nose and groan, "Fine! Let me grab my bathrobe!"

     I dash over to my bed and grab it off one of the posts before racing back to the door.

     "Hurry up!" Poppy crys as we rush out of our dorm and fly out the front door.

     We burst into the dining hall and I grab Poppy's arm. There are only a few others there - the breakfast crowd usually has dwindled off about now.

     "Teamwork." I say, breathlessly, "You hit the area with the eggs, I'll get the waffles and then we'll meet back up."

     Poppy nods, "Divide and conquer. Right. See you in a few!"

     We each rush to our different directions. I run over to the waffles. Luckily, there are still a few left and I dump them on a plate before squeezing out as much syrup as I can from the canister. I split the orange juice into two cups and just as I turn around, I NEARLY drop all of the food I just gathered.

     "Sleep in a little?"

     I jump and look up at the tall, broading figure. Once I catch my breath I give him a wary look, "You startled me."

     Zeke chuckles, "Sorry." He looks he up and down and gestures to my outfit, "Nice clothes. New fad?"

     I laugh, "I wish. I would not mind walking around in my pajamas all the time. It would be a fad I could get used to."

      Zeke chuckles, "I'm with you there." He pauses and looks at me, "So I was just wondering if you have any plans on Tuesday?"

     I lick my lips, "Tuesday? I don't think so. Why?"

     "Would you like to go out?"

     I smile, "Sure."

     "Cool." He nods, looking even more cheerful than usual, "I'll pick you up around 7:30?"

     The corners of my mouth twitch up, "Sounds great!"

      He looks around before he faces me grinning, "Would you like to meet my friends?"

     Furrowing my eyebrows, I respond, "What?"

     "Yeah! There's just over there!" He points behind him, to one of the few occupied tables.

     My cheeks flush, "Oh, I don't know..... I'm in my pajamas. And-"

     "Hey, Sidney!" I hear Poppy call.

     I turn around and see her approaching, tray in her hands. She too, is in her pajamas, which makes me feel a little but better. Poppy eyes Zeke as she walks forward, "Hey, Zeke."

     He smiles, "Poppy! I see it IS a fad."

     Poppy furrows her eyebrows, "What?"

     I chuckle, "Oh, nothing. Anyway, Poppy and I should go. It was nice seeing you!"

     He nods, "You too! See you later."

     I turn on my heel and walk away, quickly. I DO NOT want to meet his friends right now. Poppy follows closely behind me, "What was that about? What did he say?"

     I shrug, moving to the opposite side of the dining room, where they can't see us to sit, "Nothing much. We have another date. And just.....we joked around I guess. Superb timing on your behalf by the way. He was just about to introduce me to his friends. HORRIBLE idea. I'm in my PJs right now."

     Poppy smiles, "He wanted to introduce you to his friends? Awwwww! That's so cute! He wants to show you off!"

     I roll my eyes, but I can't help smiling a little, "He was not 'showing me off'. Do you see how I look right now?"

     "He probably doesn't care." Poppy smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 302 22
Viridity: Naive innocence
3.2M 76.7K 55
I didn't know what I was really doing most of the time. It may have seemed like I did but to be completely honest with myself... I ran head first in...
597K 13.4K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
20K 473 22
Oliver film 1968 fanfiction. The story begins how we all know it, true to the film. However, what if Dodger met someone new- who would change his li...