A Simple Mistake || Ashton Ir...

By crazy_nashi

Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NY... More

A Simple Mistake
Prologue
Part 1: Mia
Part 2: Ashton
Part 3: Mia
Part 4: Ashton
Part 5: Mia
Part 6: Ashton
Part 7: Mia
Part 8: Ashton
Part 9: Mia
Part 10: Mia
Part 11: Ashton
Part 12: Ashton
Part 13: Ashton
Part 14: Mia
Part 15: Mia
Part 16: Mia
Part 17: Ashton
Part 18: Mia
Part 19: Ashton/Mia
Part 20: Mia/Ashton
Part 21: Mia/Ashton
Part 22: Mia
Part 23: Ashton/Mia
Part 24: Ashton
Part 25: Mia/Ashton
Part 26: Mia
Part 27: Ashton
Author's Note: Playlist
Part 29: Mia
Part 30: Ashton
Part 31: Ashton
Part 32: Mia
Part 33: Ashton
Part 34: Mia
Part 35: Ashton
Part 36: Ashton
Author's Note
Part 37: Ashton
Part 38: Mia
Part 39: Ashton/Mia
Epilogue
Want more Ashton and Mia?

Part 28: Mia

894 22 0
By crazy_nashi

Playlist: All Too Well by Taylor Swift, Unpredictable by 5 Seconds of Summer, Connect the Dots by The Spill Canvas, The Night Will Go As Follows by The Spill Canvas, I Need You Now by Olly Murs, One More Night by Maroon 5, Pretend It’s Okay by Little Mix, Kiss Me Again by Hello Hero, Everything I didn’t Say by 5 Seconds of Summer, Everything You Are by Ed Sheeran, Nothing to Lose by Emblem 3, Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift, Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra, The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez, Addicted by Saving Abel.

“Ashton are you sure it’s not illegal to be up here?” I asked as he pulled me along up the hill. He had convinced me to come up to the Hollywood sign with him. But he hadn’t meant just to come up and see it. He actually wanted to be up there with the sign.

“Just trust me; I’m sure it is fine. People do it in movies all the time.” He said, flashing a smile over his shoulder towards me.  I rolled my eyes at him as he continued to guide me.

After a few minutes of trying we ended up at the closest we could get to the sign without putting ourselves in danger. Even if we weren’t standing up there behind the massive letters, the view was breathtaking. And he had been right about one thing; it felt just like how you would see in the movies. Right down to the two of us sitting on the hot ground to admire it in the California heat.

“I can check this out of my bucket list.” He said enthusiastically as his arm wrapped around my shoulders, bringing me closer to his side.

“Definitely.” I agreed with a smile, my head resting on his shoulder. The city seemed so small from up here. The city seems so far away, everything so quiet. Even the beaches we had so frequently visited in the last few days seemed like a distant past up here.

“Still wish I could have gone up there.” He said, sounding bummed that his original plan to climb up there simply hadn’t worked. I looked up at him and smiled his way for a few seconds before he noticed me glancing at him.

“Stop staring you weirdo.” He said with a chuckle, his fingers trying to cover my face. His actions only making me laugh.

“I’m not staring! I’m just admiring… Thinking.” I said with a shrug after pushing his hand away.

“Thinking about what?” He asked.

“How after everything you’ve lived through, you still have this huge sense of adventure inside of you.” I said simply, my fingers slowly finding their way between his.

“And your mind never stops amazing me.” He said with a grin, making me blush as I looked away back towards the view. “I really like you, Mia.” He added after I wouldn’t say anything. His words brought my eyes back towards his face despite my flaming cheeks.

“You do?” I asked quietly.

“I do…” He whispered before closing the distance between us and sealing his murmured words with a soft kiss to my lips…

Knock… Knock… Knock…

The harsh sound of knocking jerking me awake within my dorm room. Confusion washing over me as I stared around the dark room. The dream had felt so real… I had been there for a few moments back in that warm summer day.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

“What the fuck…” I murmured as I reached to turn on the bedside table light. The room came to life with the glow coming from my side of the room. I frowned when I realized Lilly wasn’t in her bed. “I swear to God Lilly… If you left your key again I am going to tape it to your hand.” I grumbled as I shuffled as another set of knocks came from the door.

“I’m coming!” I groaned as I reached for the door and swung it open. “Seriously Lilly, this has got to- Ashton…” I breathed out the last word.

His body leaned against the frame of the door; hand raised allowing me to figure out that he had been the one desperately knocking at my door. I wrapped one of my arms tightly around my body and around that grey sweater I had brought back from LA, wishing in the back of my mind I had worn something else to bed instead of this.

“Mia.” He said, his eyes hungrily studying my body before he took a step forward to look inside the bedroom and sighing with relief. “Good, you’re alone.” He said looking a little angry when I wouldn’t let go of the door so he could come into the room.

“How did you find me?” I asked, my voice shaking. “Did you follow me? Did Heather tell you?”

“Heather? No… no… A friend told me.” He said, and I noticed as his words slurred as he shook his head. His hair fell over his eyes and I noticed how much longer it was from the last time I had seen him.

“A friend?” I questioned again.

“Yes, a friend. That’s what I said Mia.” He said in annoyance, running a hand over his hair.

“Are you…- Are you drunk?” I asked him as he tried to push the door once again. My question stopped his movements and he looked at me, right through me.

“Why does it matter to you? What are you going to do? Run to your boyfriend and tell him all about it?” He snapped making me take a step back and let go of the door. He didn’t miss a beat as he came inside the room and closed the door behind him.

He must have noticed the way my eyes widened with fear because he took a step back himself and sighed softly.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to startle you I just… I just want to talk.” Ashton whispered, his eyes holding my own once again. “Please I just want to talk.” He added.

“Please…” He begged again when I wouldn’t say anything.

“I think you should go.” I said, my hand softly laying on his arm so I could lead him outside my dorm. “I will call you a cab to take you back to your hotel.”

“No!” He exclaimed, his body not budging from where he stood. “I am not leaving until we talk.”

“Ashton, this isn’t a good idea. You need to go.” I pressed but his hand was already over mine, stopping my attempt to push him out once again.

“I said no.” He said, his jaw tensing up as I knew he tried to control his anger.

“I’m going to call a cab… And you have until it gets here so start talking…” I said with a sigh, walking over to my closet to grab some shorts to slip on.

This was a bad idea…

I knew this was a bad idea…

I took a deep breath and turned around to tell him I didn’t want to talk but the words wouldn’t come out. He sat there on the edge of my bed, staring at my phone in his hands; probably his attempt to stop me from calling a cab.

“I never meant to hurt you, you know… I thought I was doing the right thing…” Ashton said softly, his fingers fidgeting with my phone. “Seems like it was the right thing; you look… happy.” He murmured the last few words as I sat beside him.

“I moved on, I got tired of crying Ashton. I got tired of being hurt because of you. Cheating on me was not what was best for me.” I said. I could feel the anger inside of me. The same anger I had felt towards Heather who also believed she had been doing the right thing for me…

Why did everyone believe they did the right thing?  

When did everyone began choosing what was right for me?

“I didn’t cheat….” He murmured, he had been quiet for so long the words had startled me a bit. He never stopped looking at his hands as he said it, my head snapping in his direction. Anger just as quickly replaced with confusion.

“What?” I asked. The question coming out on instinct, not because I hadn’t heard him but because I wasn’t sure I understood exactly what he had said.

“I never cheated on you, Mia. I’ve done a lot of terrible things but cheating was not one of them.” He answered, his eyes meeting mine. I tried to search for any clue of the truth inside his hazel eyes. The fact he was drunk (or at least had had a few drinks) made it hard to believe him.

“But back in LA you had said…”

“I know what I said, Mia. I lied because I thought it was the only way I could get you to leave and forget about me… Forget about everything that had happened between us…”

“So you lied… You lied? And you thought that was the best option?” I said, a humorous laugh leaving my lips. I stood up from the bed and began pacing, my hands running through my hair in frustration. “How could you be so stupid?” I finally screamed out, looking at him.

“I’m sorr-“

“Get out…” I cut him off; I could tell that my sudden outburst hurt him.

“But Mia, just listen to me.”

“I’m tired of listening Ashton. Don’t you get it? I don’t want you here and you clearly were desperate to get rid of me so you didn’t want me there either.” I said.

“Dammit Mia just listen!” He cried out as well, his body sprinting up and stalking towards me.

I instinctively took another step back like I had done earlier but his hand caught my arm and pulled me close to him. Before I could realize his lips were crushed over mine, my free hand shoved against his chest to push him off but I couldn’t. My whole body relaxed against his when the surprise seemed to wear off from the two of us.

Deep down I don’t think either of us had expected this to happen but neither of us had the will to stop. His hand let go of my arms and wrapped around my torso, resting over the small of my back. He held me closer as my now free arms wrapped around his neck, fingers tangling into his hair as the kiss deepened.

I could taste the alcohol in his mouth but much more than that I tasted him, the familiarity of his taste and his lips. I had dreamt about his kisses since the first moment I walked away from him.

His hands traced over my hips, his touch firm as his body pressed mine against the wall. I could feel his every muscle tensing against my body as he slowly broke away from the kiss, our breathing hard. His forehead pressed against mine.

Neither of us spoke.

Neither of us opened our eyes.

Neither one let go of each other.

We just stayed like that for the longest time. Not moving, not speaking… Until both of our breathings had normalized.

“Why did you lie?” I whispered, my voice tight with emotion. “Everything was fine between us… We were both happy or at least I thought we were…”

“I didn’t want to hold you back. I was scared.” Ashton finally said softly, his thumb brushing against my cheek. When my eyes opened I saw that he was looking at me. I could see in his eyes so much suffering, so much regret…

“Scared of what Ashton?” I asked.

“Of becoming with you the same way I had been in the past… I thought that by driving you away I wouldn’t hurt you in the long run; that cutting what we had early would make it easier for the two of us but I was wrong Mia. I was so wrong…” He added.

“I still don’t understand …” I whispered softly.

“I’m just sorry Mia, I know I am too late now and I shouldn’t have come here but I just couldn’t help myself… I’m sorry if this causes problems between you and your boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?” I questioned.

“That guy you were with at the restaurant, you two seem happy…” He said softly, his eyes avoiding mine now. I could feel his fingertips grazing softly the skin of my neck. The sensations making me shiver slightly against him.

“Will isn’t my boyfriend. I haven’t been with anyone else after you.” I told him honestly.

“What a relief…” He said with a nervous chuckle, his hands cupping my cheeks before he kissed me again.

She could feel her cheeks flush when he suddenly kissed her but the reason for the redness covering her skin came from the fact that he had sounded so relieved about the fact that she wasn’t with anyone at the moment.

My hands tightened into his hair as his lips began to trail fiery kisses down the length of my skin; I tilted my neck an inch or two to the side so I could give him all the access he could ever need. I tried to stifle a moan as my whole body seemed to feel electrified by the feel of his lips and his hands kneading my hips gently before he lifted my body up and began to carry me over to the bed.

There I felt as one by one the layers of clothing left both of their bodies, thrown and forgotten on the floor.

The feel of his skin against my own skin was intoxicating. The more of him I felt against me…the more I could explore… It all made my excitement grow within me. Every touch and every kiss blurred the lines of right and wrong between them.

Ashton only broke away from my lips to move down my body, his lips moving over my burning skin and towards that space between my legs that craved for him. Needed him.

(Author's Note: Hey everyone! I know it has been a while since I've updated but here it is!! Ash and Mia have finally talked and some other things haha. But they're together at last! Hope you guys like the update. Remember to vote and share and comment!!! Thank you so much if you read! <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 537 42
"How about we go on tour with 5SOS?" A story about two friends who's summer takes an unexpected turn.. highest rankings: #3 in calumhood #4 in micha...
8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
1.3K 40 41
Alex is a young girl suffering with emotional issues and the only person she's ever managed to be close to leaves her behind to follow his dreams. Wh...
120 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...