Where to Find Love (MXM) ✔

Por vixxonelkrhoh

Mike Hunt is just a normal police officer who is in love with a straight, married detective. Eduardo Garcia i... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Author's Note

Chapter 72

1.6K 109 36
Por vixxonelkrhoh

Mike Hunt

I was working desk duty so it made it easier to look up Tanner's and Jessica's information. Both of their phone numbers were on file. I called Tanner's phone number first. There wasn't an answer. I left a message that I was Officer Hunt calling on a request for a wellness check. Then I called Jessica and left a message for her as well.

Police officers and detectives came to my desk at certain times to talk about the previous night's events. It wasn't everyday that a big time person like Zach was murdered in our town.

Tony came up to my desk with a few other detectives, but when they started to leave to go back to work, I said, "Tony." He turned back to my desk. I waited until the others were out of earshot before I said, "Do you have time today to grab some lunch? There are some things you should know."

"Sure," he said. "Send me a text letting me know a time."

I nodded and he left. It wasn't too long after that I got a call from the front desk. "There's a Jessica on the phone," he said, "she said you had called and left a message for her and she wanted to confirm you actually worked here and are a police officer before she spoke with you. Do you want to take the call?"

"Yes," I said. "Transfer her to me."

"This is Officer Hunt," I said when the call was transferred.

"I'm returning your call," Jessica said, "can I know what this is about?"

"A concerned citizen contacted me because they heard you were killed and they wanted us to check on it."

"I'm not dead," she said. Except I had no proof this was actually Jessica.

""Would you mind coming into the station or meeting with me to confirm you are Jessica?"

"Yes, I mind," she said. "I'm not coming back to town. You could be a dirty cop for all I know and this is a trick to get me to come back."

"Have you checked the local news today?" I asked because it was all over the internet that Dennis and Zach were dead.

There was a pause before she said, "No."

"Check the local news and then get back with me," I said.

We hung up. She didn't call me back.

I met Tony at a diner nearby for lunch. I requested a corner table so we could have some privacy. We chatted about the normal everyday stuff. I didn't bring anything up about Eddie until we were almost finished eating. That way, if he didn't like what I had to say or if it became awkward, we wouldn't have to wait and sit through an entire meal together.

"I have a secret I've kept from you for a long time," I said.

His eyebrows crinkled together. "What could you keep from me?"

"I loved you," I said. "And not like a brother. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it. I knew you could never love me back so I stayed silent. And I don't love you like that anymore. Adam is the best boyfriend I could have and I love him more than I ever thought possible."

I paused to see how he would take my confession. He didn't seem surprised. He didn't say anything for a long time. Then he nodded and said, "I knew. I just pretended I didn't."

I nodded then shook my head. "That's why Eddie started working for Zach."

Tony shook his head with his confusion. "He started working for Zach because you loved me?"

"Because Zach told him if he didn't, that he would tell you that I loved you and Eddie thought that would destroy me. He has been trying to protect me all these years. And then Zach started to threaten harm to me, you and your family. And he threatened Eddie's boyfriend, Isaiah. Do you know of Isaiah?"

"No," Tony said.

"He's a good guy. You'd like him. He's been good for Eddie."

"Why are you suddenly bringing all this up? Was Eddie there last night?" Tony asked, automatically going into detective mode.

For the briefest of moments, I thought of telling Tony the truth. I was willing to bend the rules for Eddie. I wasn't sure Tony was. "No," I lied. "Mainly because of Isaiah, Eddie and I have reconnected recently."

I could see it in his eyes. He knew I was lying. "Okay," he said, not calling me out on my lie.

"They are moving out of town."

"When?" Tony asked.

"Today," I said. "They're probably already gone. They've been planning it for a while," I said so he wouldn't think they skipped town because of last night's events. "It will be good for them to have a fresh start, a life they start together."

Tony nodded, but didn't say anything.

"He's been protecting us for years, Tony without either of us knowing it. Maybe you should rethink your stance on him and your family. Maybe Sophie and Milo should know about their uncle who did everything he could to save them without asking for anything in return."

"Do you have his number?"

I quickly sent a text to Tony with Eddie's number. "I should get back to the station," I said. I left him there to think about everything I had told him.

It was late afternoon when I got another call from the officer working up front. "There are two people here to see you," he said. "They say they are Jessica and Tanner."

I had seen the pictures on their I.D.s and their mugshots when I had looked them up earlier so I knew what they looked like. I went out to the front. It was them. They were alive. It wasn't a surprise that Zach had lied to Eddie to torture him further. The world wouldn't miss him. I led them back to my desk just to settle things.

"Who called in the wellness check?" Jessica said.

"It was anonymous," I said. "It looks like you are both alright."

"Yes," Jessica said. "We haven't been in town. We came back in town after we saw the news."

They didn't stay long and soon after my shift was over. When I got home, Adam made tacos. These were the best moments of my day, when I was with Adam. He had a way of making me feel safe and loved like no one else made me feel.

"How was your day?" he asked as we sat at the table to eat.

"Alright," I said. "I told Tony."

"About Eddie?"

I nodded, "And about how I used to be in love with him and Eddie was protecting that secret. Tony said he had already known. I'm glad I didn't know that he knew though. He never made things awkward between us and I think I would have. And Jessica and Tanner are fine." I had gone out to the living room last night when Eddie called and I had thought Adam was asleep, but when I went back into the bedroom he was wide awake. I told him everything that Eddie and I had talked about. He was genuinely happy for me that I was rekindling my friendship with Eddie. This time our friendship had evolved. As much as I had cherished and needed our friendship before, there was always something unhealthy buried underneath and that wasn't there anymore. We had both grown.

Adam's phone rang. He smiled when he saw who it was. He turned the screen to me so I could see the name Isabelle.

"Hello," he answered. There was silence on his end as the little girl spoke. Then he said, "That's good." He paused again as Isabelle spoke. "I'm good," he said. "What are the names of your new friends?" She didn't call often, but she did sometimes call Adam and when she did, his voice always changed to a gentle dad voice and he had that small smile.

My phone rang. It was Eddie. I immediately answered and walked into the other room so my phone call wouldn't interfere with Adam's. "Hi," I said.

"Hi," he said. "You told me to call you when we got here. We're here. We're all moved in."

"Do you like your new apartment?"

"Yeah," he said. "It's a one bedroom this time instead of a studio so the bed isn't in the same space as the living room. I think this is better."

"I think so too," I said.

"Isaiah has his class schedule and starts monday."

"What about you? Do you have a job lined up?"

"I applied to a few bouncer positions," he said. "True bouncer jobs not like what I had with Zach. I won't ever do that again."

"That's good," I said. "So you'll be working nights then?"

"Probably," he said.

"I think you should apply to the university there," I said. "Or at least a local community college." He didn't answer so I went on. "You had planned to go to college before all this happened. Do you have money for it? If not, we can figure something out, but I really think you should attend."

"I have money," he said. "I hadn't thought about the possibility of college since I started working for Zach. I guess I just thought that dream was closed off to me. There's nothing really stopping me now though is there?"

"No," I said.

"I'll look into it," he said.

"Jessica and Tanner are alive," I said. "They came into the station and I saw them myself."

"That's a relief." The sincerity was clear in his tone. There was a pause and then he said, "I've got to go. Delivery is here with our food and Isaiah tends to forget to eat so I need to make sure he eats. We'll talk soon though."

"Yeah," I said.

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

285K 13.7K 25
James (30) is a native to Anavrin, Texas. He's just an ordinary guy, living a relatively ordinary life. But everything changes for him when Kurt (20)...
14.5K 790 28
Kristof has a girlfriend... And she's perfect. She's smart, pretty,... but she's not, well, HIM. But it's ok. Because HE is straight af. So there is...
337K 4.2K 33
There's always a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in. In which a group of friends from the south side of the Outer Banks navigate a s...
28.6K 1.8K 33
ROMANCE/SUSPENSE Max starts a new part time job in a restaurant. A fried chicken shop to be exact. That is where Max meets Tayce. Tayce...the guy wh...