How I Got My Life Changed By...

Por someblondesaresmart

(This is book 2 of How I Got Kidnapped by 1D, so if you haven't read it yet, please go check that one out.) D... Más

Chapter 1- One Year Later......
Chapter 2-Oh This Is Bad
Chapter 3- Not Apartment de la Dani
Chapter 4- Five Dollar Foot Long
Chapter 5- The Story Of Us
Chapter 6- Like A Normal Sane Person
Chapter 7- Just A Gut Feeling
Chapter 8- And That's Where We're At Now
Chapter 9- I've Gone Mad
Chapter 10- Stomach Bug
Chapter 11- Why We Do the Things We Do
Chapter 12- Oh How Life Works
Chapter 13- Runaways
Chapter 14- The City of Love?
Chapter 15- Christmas Presents
Chapter 16- Forgot
Chapter 17- Good News
Chapter 18- Picture Perfect
Chapter 19- Eye of the Hurricane
Chapter 20- Therapy
Chapter 21- The Surprises of my Frog Voice
Chapter 23-French Fetish
Chapter 24 - Finally

Chapter 22- Relationship Drama

3.1K 155 78
Por someblondesaresmart

My eyes were wide as I watched them enter the cafe with her arm looped around his. It was almost hilarious how my cheater is dating Lou's ex-girlfriend. She could have done better than my sloppy seconds.

"Dani?"

I watched them approach me, Adam's face flickering between confusion and apprehension.

I cleared my throat. "Danielle."

He raised an eyebrow, but stayed silent.

"Hello Abby," I greeted, glancing at her. She smiled at me, still the nice girl I remember from months ago.

"So...how are you?" Adam asked, his arm moving to wrap around Abby's waist. I noticed and fought to hold in the bile the threatened to escape. Why was Abby dating that jerk?

I waved my left hand, trying to discreetly show off my engagement ring. "Oh you know, just getting married in a a week or so. Nothing big."

He narrowed his eyes at my nonchalance, but nevertheless stared at my ring.

I hear the bell chime again and see Tommie enter the cafe.

"Although it was nice speaking to you, Abby, and not fun to speak to the cheater, Adam, I must go now. Bye!" I got up from my table, walking around the stunned couple and making my way to Tommie. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun with a sweatshirt, athletic leggings and tennis shoes on. I raised my eyebrows when I saw her eyes rimmed in red with bags under her eyes.

"Hey Tommie, what's wrong?"

She glanced at me then to my outstretched hand, grabbing the drink from me.

"Thanks," She mumbled, walking to a booth in the back. I nodded, noting how she avoided my question.

She slid into the seat across from me, resting her elbows on the wooden table as she took a sip. I leaned back in my seat, observing her quietly. Her eyes glanced behind me briefly.

"Is that Adam and Abby?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

I shrugged.

She stared at me for a long time, continuing to drink from her cup. I watched her, the clock ticking before I decided if I didn't nudge her to speak, she was probably not going to budge at all.

"Tommie--"

"I know," she interjected.

I frowned.

"Harry is so infuriating!" She cried, throwing her hands in the air. The cup fell from her hands and onto the table, causing me to jump in surprise. I was about to get up and grab some napkins until I realized it was empty.

"What do you mean?" I queried, settling back into my seat.

"We broke up," She stated, "I think."

"You think?"

"You know what I mean! He broke up with me last week and you know how we're off and on again and so I didn't think anything about it, but then as the week went on, I started to think. Why have I settled for this type of relationship?"

She paused, her fingers pulling on the strings of her hoodie.

"I don't want a relationship where every time we bicker we break up. I don't want that. I want something like Tiarne and Niall have, something like you and Louis have."

Her eyes were watering now, but I didn't stop her. She needed to release what she was saying.

"I don't want that," she claimed, her voice cracking in the middle of the sentence, "But I love Harry."

I nodded. "If you love something, let it go. If it was meant to be, then it will return to you."

She stared at me. "I guess your right, but what if he calls back and begs?"

I shrug. "Ultimately it's your call. Personally, I think you should keep on the quits for a while and see what it's like. If neither of you can move on for a month or so, then get back together. Maybe go to couple's counseling or something. Harry and you need to learn to work through the fights and not break up every time you can't handle something together. You got to push through it."

She was silent for a long time, her fingers spinning the string around her fingers.

Then a grin started to form on her lips, "You've matured a lot since I've met you."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem," she answered, her familiar twinkling eyes back. "So what about the bachelorette party? Did you order cop strippers?"

I choke on air. "S-stri-"

Tommie cackled like she was the Wicked Witch of the West and I scowled.

"I don't know what to do. I'm so exhausted from the planing and Lou's antics--"

"Antics?" Tommie wiggled her eyebrows.

I narrowed my eyes. "Get your mind out of the gutter before you lose your head."

She laughed.

"Anyway, I don't think I'm up to going out. Do you think it'd be okay if we had a girl's night at my apartment and just do what girls normally do at sleepovers. It would probably be my last one for years."

Tommie shrugged. "It's your bachelorette party, do whatever you want."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thanks."

Before she could reply, a loud ring-tone started to go off through the cafe. I glanced around before realizing it was mine. I blushed furiously, quickly grabbing my iPhone and answering it.

"Dani!"

I pause. "Lou?"

"Where's Tommie? Is she with you?"

I glanced at the culprit in front of me. She watched me, curiously. "Um, yes?"

"Harry is a bloody maniac."  I heard a angry shout in the background.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I think he's going to propose to her!"

I shriek, causing Tommie to jump out of her seat. I glance at her, "Excuse me for a second." Then I storm out of the cafe, the bell chiming behind me. I see her through the cafe windows so I continue to walk until I'm in the alley beside the cafe.

"This is the worst time! He just broke up with her and we talked about it and she's going to take a break from him. She's sick of their off and on relationship. She decided she wants to take a break from him for a little bit and move on from there."

"Move on?" I heard Harry's voice.

"Harry?" My jaw clenched in anger. "Louis Tomlinson, do you have this on speaker?"

There was a pause. "If I say yes, will you still marry me?"

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Yes."

"Then yes."

I sigh once again, leaning against the brick wall. "Harry, I'm about to be brutal and honest. Your relationship with her is unhealthy. You two break up whenever you fight and if you think marrying her will fix that, it won't. It'll be more legal and hard to break up then. Don't get me wrong! I want you both to be happy, but in order to do that, you need to take a break, sort through your problems and learn to handle your fights. Take some couple's counseling or something. But if you propose to her now, I know she won't be able to refuse and then some big fight will come and you might break up again."

I paused to catch my breath, silence answered me on the other line.

"So what are you trying to say?" Harry finally voiced.

"Don't propose to her until you two can have a healthy, strong relationship. At this rate, a divorce will be looming over your heads."

I winced at my choice of words, but I had to say it.

"Thanks Dani," Lou mumbled, "Will I see you tonight?"

A small smile danced on my lips. "I think you should stay with Harry."

I heard a groan come from his side. I chuckle before saying goodbye.

"I love you, Dani."

I nod in response and hang up, laughing at my own antics. My phone started to ring again, but I ignore it and turn it on silence as I enter the cafe once again. I catch Tommie's eye and I suddenly remember what Harry was going to do.

Should I tell her?

This is why I hate being in the middle of relationship drama. Thanks Lou, I think sarcastically.

But it seemed the questioned answered itself when Tommie stood up from her seat.

"I think I'm going to head to the gym while I'm dressed like this. It might make me feel better."

I nodded, hugging her tightly. She pulled away from my arms after hugging me tightly.

Then she made her way out of the cafe, but before she exited she turned back to look at me. Her eyes bore into mine and I knew that she knew the call was about her.

But I also knew she didn't want to know exactly what about her.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30.2K 1.8K 37
✓Completed There was so many expectations for me when I moved into a new city with my best friend, but the last thing I expected was to fall for a bl...
3.6K 57 16
ONE DIRECTION NOVEMBER 2012 3RD PLACE FOR BEST 1D FANFICTION! You know it isn't a normal tour when your best friend becomes your best mates girlfrien...
39.1K 714 18
After winning a One Direction sweepstakes she sets off from California to New York City to spend two weeks with the boys. She's never really fan-girl...
5.7K 187 50
BOOK II of the Duology: TWISTS "One Direction are on world tour. Take Me Home, turned out to be a blast. None of the boys could picture their fame ge...