Nevermind (Jay I-Land ff)

By seoulfeels

"I'm fine! Because that's what you wanted to hear." Collab with @Shachie1322 🥰 ... Date Started: July 31, 20... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Comparison
Chapter 2 - Nightmare
Chapter 3 - Left Behind
Chapter 4 - Try Again
Chapter 5 - Team
Chapter 6 - Marks
Chapter 7 - Pure Blood
Chapter 8 - Accident
Chapter 9 - Monster
Chapter 10 - Lost
Chapter 11 - Note
Chapter 12 - Nameplate
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Poison
Chapter 15 - Fresh Wounds
Chapter 16 - Birthday
Chapter 17 - L.J
Chapter 18 - Escape
Chapter 19 - Claw Machine
Chapter 20 - Drowning
Chapter 21 - Happy
Chapter 22 - Abandoned
Chapter 23 - Apology
Chapter 24 - Alarm
Chapter 25 - Bullet
Chapter 26 - Twins
Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child
Chapter 28 - Rest
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Pyromaniac
Chapter 31 - Not Okay
Chapter 32 - Ice Prince
Chapter 33 - Escape
Chapter 34 - Russian Roulette
Chapter 35 - Try
Chapter 36 - How to Save A Life
Chapter 37 - Take The Fall
Chapter 38 - You Shine
Chapter 39 - Living A Lie
Chapter 40 - One Of Them
Chapter 41 - Fall Easily
Bonus Chapter 1 - Yves
Chapter 42 - Trauma
Chapter 43 - Chances
Chapter 44 - Lost
Chapter 45 - Ring On My Ear
Chapter 47 - A Family
Chapter 48 - Missing
Not an update
Chapter 49 - Shoot Me

Chapter 46 - Successor

131 21 32
By seoulfeels

Jake and Yves are on their way to Yves' house when he saw a music store that's still open. He got excited and held Yves' hand, leading her inside the music store with musical instruments.

"Good evening." The seller greeted them. It's a familiar face to the both of them. It's a well knows person in town who basically plays a lot of instruments. It's Bang Chan. Behind him playing an acoustic guitar is one of his best mate, Jisung.

"Welcome!" Chan waved at Jake, knowing he also studied in Australia. There's an instant connection between the two of course.

"Hyung, can I borrow a violin? I want to play my girlfriend a lullaby she likes." He asked for permission because the violin's are behind the counters unlike the guitars and keys. He has to ask for assistance.

"Sure. Here you go. Jake right?" Chan asked.

"Yes." Jake responded, smiling shyly.

He tried to tune the violin at first. Yves was already impressed. He looked cool holding a musical instrument. He seems unreal. He's intelligent, sporty, handsome and musically talented. She can't believe that she's dating this talented guy in front of her.

He's just so perfect to be with her.

"Here it goes." Jake said and started playing.

As soon as Yves heard the first notes, it made her tear up. It's like her childhood went by so fast. She always dreamed of hearing this song through a music box that she couldn't afford and when she did, she still feel like it's not for her. She just bought a same toy as her friend. Now, someone is playing it for her.

She clapped her hand as soon as Jake stopped playing. "That's so cool. I should've recorded it." She said.

"You didn't have to. I'll take it." He told Chan that he'll purchase the violin.

"We have something for pros. That's for beginner." Chan offered Jake. Jake chose a new violin he's comfortable with. He looked more cool the way he checked all the important parts.

The two proceeds to walk to Yves' home. Jake played her the violin once again until she fell asleep.

He waited until she's comfortably sleeping before he left the house. He has decided to walk along to the dorms. He's smiling happily as he hummed the melody of Yves' favorite lullaby. It took him some time to figure out there's footsteps following behind him. That's when he unconsciously started to accelerate his pace.

He's just so relieved that he's not with Yves right now, or he'd get her in trouble. If he's being chased right now, what if all the others are being chased as well. Jake saw the direction to Ten's art gallery and ran in that direction. He knew that there's always people there to help. If they're all there, it's his lucky day.

"Stop right there Shim Jaeyoon or we'll shoot!" The man chasing him warned him making him stop his tracks and raise his hands. He bit his lips and shut his eyes closed in frustration. He's almost there. Just a few blocks and he's safe.

"Where's Jay Park?" The man behind him asked as he pressed the gun on Jake's head.

"I have no idea man." Jake responded.

"Answer truthfully." The man said as he hit Jake's head with his gun lightly, making Jake feel like an animal.

He felt helpless.

"Dude, do you really think I'd lie when a gun's pointed in my head? Even if you torture me for answers, I can't provide you an information I don't have." Jake responded, making the man behind him annoyed and feel disrespected, kicking Jake behind his knees causing him to kneel on the ground.

"Useless, piece of shit." He said and pulled the trigger.

It didn't shoot.

He hasn't locked and loaded it yet.

Jake then used this opportunity to grab the man's hand and forced twisted it broken and grabbed the gun shakily.

"You little fucker!" The man cursed as he tried to chase Jake. Jake has now gain control again and finally had the chace to run towards Ten's art gallery. Instead of calling for help, he kicked the fire alarm causing it to go off loudly, making lots of people in the building come out.

The man ran away making Jake sit down and finally catch his breath. Ten went to check up on him when he saw the gun on Jake's hand. "Where did you get that?" He asked in concern.

"A man chased me. I got lucky." He muttered.

"That kid again! Such a troublemaker." The people said as all looked at Jake with disgust.

"Isn't he supposed to be charged for this?"

"Let's call the police and show the CCTV footage."

"Can you stop this shit right now? Do you really think he'd do this for fun?" Ten yelled at everyone, startling them, causing the whispers to stop for a second.

"Kids these days are such a rebel. I mean that kid has a record. He was there when Baekho's house got robbed and trashed, he's also involved with the kids pretending to be that suicidal kid, Lee Minsung."

"Right!" The others agreed.

Ten felt hurt that nothing changed in this town. Justice in Minsungs death has been served but he's still the suicidal kid in people's eyes. Jake has been through a lot of trouble but brought one of those people who brought justice in Minsung's death and all the bad things happening in Seoul High, yet he's still a delinquent in the eyes of others.

It's just as if nothing's changed. Nobody can ever see the good in this town.

"Of course you'd say those things. You have no lives to gossip about, that's why you talk about others instead and drag them down because you have done nothing to actually make a change in your lives." Ten told them, making them look at him in disgust as well and whisper about him instead.

"That art gallery is a cover up that he's actually a filthy tattoo artist."

"He got suspended from teaching in Seoul High. His license was confiscated as well. He makes a living by tattooing and selling his creepy paintings."

"What a psycho."

Ten helped Jake up and took him downstairs to the basement. He doesn't have time for this nonsense. He's already heard this in years. It seems as if he doesn't make a new mistake in people's eyes, he'd be hearing the same old stories about him again and again. It's just so tiring. "Pure Blood." He said making Taeyong open the door. As soon as he saw Jake, he opened the door widely and then rushed to get some water. The kid looks pale and in shock.

"What happened?" Taeyong asked him as he watched the kid drink from the glass of water.

"The others might be in trouble." It was the first thing that he could think of. He's been through in the matter of life and death situation, and the first thing he could think of are his friends.

"What do you mean?" Ten asked.

"They're looking for Jay again." It was all he could say for now.

"Call Hansol and Yuta. We have to gather the kids. Who are involved the last time this happened." Taeyong told ten as he grabbed his coat.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ten asked him but Taeyong didn't respond and went to the couch, pulling the comforter. It turns out, Johnny's there asleep. He doesn't even fit. He's too tall for the couch.

"What's your problem?" Johnny stretched himself before sitting down he looks so confused and annoyed all at the same time. He was about to complain again but then he saw Jake holding a gun.

He knew right away that something has happened.

"Get up and let's look for the other kids before something happens." Taeyong told him. Johnny didn't say anything anymore. He couldn't even think anymore and just grabbed his coat and shoes.

The two of them searched the streets.

Hansol and Yuta are also looking for everyone. Hansol went to Jessica's to make sure all the three siblings are there.

Yuta on the other hand went to the convenient store near the bank and saw Sunoo talking to Maria. The two of them seem to be having a really good conversation.

Yuta noticed two men hiding in the dark. Probably waiting till Sunoo's alone and secluded.

"Yuta hyung!" Youngbin placed a hand around Yuta's shoulders. Behind him are Yoonwon, Ej, Sungcheol and Kyungmin.

"Why are you guys here?" He asked, knowing that they might get in trouble if they don't leave now.

"Kyungmin wanted to see Maria." EJ teased.

"I'm not." Kyungmin denied. "We're just here to get some food." Kyungmin told Yuta before he believes EJ's lies.

They walked past Yuta and went inside interrupting Maria and Sunoo's conversation. Yuta now have a brilliant plan. If Sunoo leaves with the guys, they might not notice that Sunoo's gone.

Yuta went inside and sat in front of Sunoo. "Hey there, sunshine." He greets the kid, trying not to say him anything to worry about just yet. "We're gathering everyone at Ten's art gallery. Wana join?" He asked. He feel stupid for sounding like a person who abducts kids by deceiving them.

Technically, he's telling the truth. They are gathering everyone at Ten's art gallery. There's no lie to that. He only skipped the part where they're being followed.

"Is Ni-ki going to be there?" Sunoo asked as he sips on his jelly drink, glancing at the counter where Kyungmin slides a small gift box to Maria while his friends are trying to shop for food and drinks.

Maria tried to hide her smile, hiding the box under the counter. These two are hiding something.

"Yes." Yuta lied, catching Sunoo's attention once again he did seem distracted. Sunoo smiled when knowing Ni-ki would be there. Yuta started to feel guilty. Hedidn't fully lie. Hansol's about to take Ni-ki there, so technically he'll be there.

He comforts himself that way at least so he won't feel awful for deceiving the kid.

Sunoo gathered his things and checked the time. He can't sleep alone for tonight anyway. He figured out if they're going to sleep over at Ten's, he won't feel so alone anymore. This is perfect.

"What are we waiting for?" He asked Yuta.

It was just in time that Youngbin and the others are about to leave. Yuta and Sunoo walked with them. If those two men are planning to take Sunoo, they can't do it in public. They can't corner him as long as he's surrounded with the others.

Yuta succeeded in taking Sunoo in Ten's art gallery. To his surprise, Hansol's already there, but he's only with Kei, amd they're both in their phones.

"Damn it, none of them are answering. I'll try to reach Hanbin or Nicholas." Kei told Hansol.

"I'll try to look for them in every arcade." Hansol said and didn't waste any more time, leaving the place.

Sunoo sat beside Jake who has fallen past asleep. He watched as Kei panicks while calling Hanbin.

"Nobody's answering." He said as he sat down frustrated, running a hand on his hair. He felt so irresponsible for not knowing where Taki and Ni-ki are right now.

Sunoo stares at Kei in concern. He wanted to ask so many questions but he couldn't find the right timing to.

He then laid an eye on Sunoo as Yuta offered him tea. "Sunoo, do you know where Ni-ki disappears to?" He asked, knowing that the two are close friends.

Sunoo took a sip on the tea. He still doesn't know what's happening. He thought they're just here to chill or watch Harry Potter. "He looks for a high place and watch the traffic, most of the time. When he wants to escape his problems, he looks for the highest place he could go to and stay there. Somehow it makes him feel disconnected to the world." Sunoo told him.

"He stopped doing that though." Kei told him.

"He didn't. We literally just went to a rooftop yesterday." Sunoo told Kei. He felt more useless now.

"Fine, I'll go look for him." Kei stood up, but Yuta pushed him to his seat. "It's dangerous outside. People are looking for you." He reminded. Sunoo frowned upon hearing it. He's still clueless of what's happening.

Ten arrived and served some food. Sunoo grabbed a piece of cheese balls right away.

"But they're my little brothers. They're my responsibility." Kei insisted. He can't just sit here knowing that his little brother's might be in danger. He promised Jessica that they won't get into trouble again and he'll make sure of it.

"You already lost so much. You can't even do sports anymore." Yuta reminded him.

"I'd be happy to lose my ability to walk just to find them." Kei told Yuta.

"Stay here." Ten told him. "Yuta will go in your behalf. We can't risk it." He told Kei. "You can't protect your brothers if you get into trouble." He told him, trying to make him understand. Kei did understood but he can't help but to worry and feel like an irresponsible eldest brother.

"I'll be going." Yuta told them and left them without saying too much.

"What's going on?" Sunoo asked as he watched Yuta go out again.

Ten sat in front of the kid, scratching his head realizing Yuta didn't tell him on what's fully happening. "Jake came here in panic. He said he's being followed and they're looking for Jay again. He's not lying, because he has the gun that the unknown man has. He got lucky as he stated earlier. We're trying to gather everyone who got involved before and keep you guys safe." Ten discussed.

Sunoo bit his lips as he started to worry. He pulled his phone out and texted Ni-ki and Taki that he's here with Ten, Kei and Jake.

Maybe they're going to feel like they're missing out and hurry their way there.

"I don't think I can forgive myself if something happens to them." Kei said before trying to contact more people to look for Ni-ki and Taki.

....

"I think it's Park Jaeyoon." Jay told them.

Jae shook his head. "You must be mistaken. My men are looking out for all of us. They should've reported something." He didn't want to believe Jay. "He doesn't want me anyway. He's done with me. I'm useless to him. I can never be as clever as...." he paused and stared at Jay. "Euijin." He finished.

"What do you mean?" Jay asked.

"Stay for the night. You can't leave tonight. They're after you." Jae told him.

Jay immediately asked Karina to go inside their house to make sure she's safe. Jay also placed the earring on the coffee table where the kids gathered while the adults are discussing about what Jay has reported.

"Care to explain where I got this?" Jay asked Karina.

She nervously tugged the hem of her shirt and let out a nervous laugh. "I found it. Jay helped me." She lied.

"Don't you dare lie. Tell him what really happened. Tell him what you almost did." Jay tried to make her aware Sunghoon of what really took place. It's important to Jay that Sunghoon knows that he can't trust this girl and for Karina to admit what she did wrong.

Karina hissed at Jay, turning her back at them, refusing to tell the truth.

"Karina, tell him or I'll tell him." He threatened but Karina was silent.

"I don't even care what happened anymore. I'm just glad I didn't lose Lia's earring." Sunghoon spoke, making Karina finally face them. She looks irritated.

"That earring is from Lia? You're dating Lia? No wonder Jay's now dating Winter. Lia chose you instead of him. No wonder she keeps rejecting Jay. She likes your type." Karina said as she grabbed her phone to spread this news in the entire campus. That's until Jay grabbed her phone from her.

"He's not dating Lia. And for the record, Lia's just afraid to lose me to risk our friendship." Jay clarified.

"Yeah, right." Karina muttered, glancing at Sunghoon. She doesn't feel so happy to see him now that he knew he has something of Lia's and he treasues it so much. She's so used to getting everything she ever wanted that she can't accept that she couldn't get Sunghoon to fall for her.

With the help of Jay, Sunghoon may not only note care about her existence but may possibly dislike her.

This is all Jay's fault.

"How's Winter?" Karina asked Jay, to remind him that he's dating Winter, yet he's here talking about Lia.

"Oh shit." Jay cursed, grabbing his shattered phone to try and reach Winter. Her phone is ringing but she's not answering. She's not usually like this. If he's out, Winter would always answer her phone almost immediately.

That's weird.

Is she already asleep?

She doesn't  usually sleep until he's back.

What if something happened to her?

If those men knows Karina may know where Jay is, could it be, they're after Winter too? "Shit." He cursed again, grabbing his coat and his keys.

"Wait." Sunghoon stopped him, grabbing his arm. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked. "We're in a crisis right now. If those men are looking for you, you're not safe out there." He tried to warn Jay.

"If they're after me, no one else has to suffer but me." He said, breaking free from Sunghoon's hold.

"They have weapons." Sunghoon yelled at him before he can even touch the doorknob. Jay paused, cursing himself.

He's aware that he has nothing against those people.

"I have a bad feeling." Jay turned to Sunghoon.

"That they're after Winter too? What about you? Aren't  you scared for yourself?" Sunghoon asked, blocking the door. "Because I'm more worried about you than any of us. They're after you after Jiro has been announced dead. Jiro's your grandfather and he wants you dead. How about these men? Who are they even?" He asked. He couldn't even ask half of the questions flooding his head.

"Jiro wanted to see me before. He didn't want me dead. He wanted Lee Joon dead and not me. Jiro wanted to get to know me. I don't think this is near that. If this is something more serious than that, I'm afraid these men aren't as forgiving as Hoshi's crew. What if they do something to Winter?" He asked in fear.

"Can this really be grandfather? Would old Jaeyoon do this to you just because your his eldest son's child?" Sunghoon asked.

Karina's jaw flung open hearing these things. She didn't know that this has happened before. All she knew is that Jay is back and he has his real family with him, along with his hot twin. To her understanding, they're not even twins at all.

No wonder they let Jay live here all alone, being raised by other people that aren't even blood related to them.

"How I wish this is Park Jaeyoon." Jay told Sunghoon.

"What do you mean?" Sunghoon asked.

"I need to talk to father the night he determined Jisook and Euijin's body." Jay told Sunghoon. Sunghoon felt sorry for him that he addresses his own parents' names instead of calling them mom and dad.

He couldn't imagine how hard for a child to grow up in different families and can't remember his own family. Being called Jay's twin has been comforting. Like he's not alone in this world, but he has his own family. People who are so in love with him. People he can call friends, while Jay doesn't even have those.

Everybody judges him just because he's far different from him. He must've felt so alone.

When Sunghoon has nothing to say anymore, Jay went out of his room and went to Euijae's office. Sungyeon's there, seated drinking a cup of tea with her hand shaking. Her tea even spilled on her peach colored dress as she tried to take a sip.

"Father." Jay spoke in pain, calling his uncle father still, because it's what he's used to.

"Yes, son?" He asked, rushing to Jay.

"Can you tell me about the day you determined Euijin and Jisook's body at the police station?" He asked.

"Why?" Jae asked, placing down his phone. Giving it a rest with calling his men watching over his own father.

"What if my father's not dead? What if it's him who's doing this? What if he wanted me back?" Jay asked.

Jae sighed pulling the kid in a hug. Is he hoping for his father to come for him. If he hoping that he might rescue him from this messy and confusing life he's been living.

He pity the kid ever since he was left to him. He has no family to take care of him. No parents to love him.

"I determined my brother by the tattoo he has. The wedding ring he has with Jisook. I know my brother. He's dead. I'm sorry Jongseong. You're father isn't going to come for you." Jae told him, making Jay sniff. He can feel his shoulders rise and drop as he cried.

It's such a shame that Euijin was unstoppable to get the power he desired that even his friends had no choice but to kill him.

"If I have news about father, I will tell you right away. Don't you worry, nobody's going to take you away again. Nobody's going to hurt you anymore." He comforted him.

Jay pulled away despising himself for being alone. Because of him Suga has to murder his parents. He's the reason why he's all alone right now unworthy of love.

He went to his room to give Winter one more call when his phone started ringing.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Park Jongseong." He was called by his name. He's been getting that a lot lately. "Go to the coastline alone by tomorrow at 11PM. You can't tell the police or we'll have to hurt your friends." A man with a deep voice warned him.

"What friends? I don't care about any of those people. I haven't contacted them ever since I left Korea." He tried to sound as cold as possible. No emotions, no other tone but flat.

"Are you sure?" The man with a deep voice asked once again.

"Yes. I don't care what you do to them." Jay muttered.

"Really?" The man responded before hearing someone being slapped. "Speak, bitch!" The man growled.

"Jay! There's too many of them. Don't go." A girl cried. Jay froze on the spot because he recognized her voice right away. It's Lia.

"Jay!" Another one screamed. Jay's eyes widened as he clasped his hand on his mouth. The other one is Winter. How did they manage to get the two when he was literally just with Winter a while ago?

Whoever is doing this, he's powerful and have more men than Jiro.

"Jay, please save me. I'm scared. I'm scared they'd hurt me." Winter cried.

"No Jay! Don't go. There's so many of them." Lia screamed.

"Enough." The man spoke. "You see Park Jongseong, life has to be fair for me and for you. An eye for an eye. You have to pay for everything that your father has done." The man spoke angrily. "Before I see your father in hell, you have to die first. Be at the coastline and bring your phone with you. I'll give you the instructions tomorrow in case you plan to call the cops." He said and hung up.

Jay grabbed a handful of his hair, pulling it. He couldn't figure out who's doing this to him. That man is definitely not his grandfather. Who else disliked Euijin? Isn't it enough that he's dead?

He started to laugh as if he has lost his mind thinking that Euijin did left him one thing, to pay for all the crimes he has made.

That's rich.

...

"Put your gun down." Jungwon told him. "We'll cooperate. Jay really didn't contact us. If you report that to your boss, you didn't have to pull the trigfer, right?" He asked.

The man chuckled in madness. "You Don't get it do you? We can't let any witness live or we'll get reported. If this goes out, it's us who'd die. Get it, boy?" His voice cracked in the end.

"What do you mean?" Jungwon asked as he stared at Yeji who's currently crying. She's so scared. If onky he can exchange position with her, he would.

"Useful or not, you die. Let's start with her. Ladies first." The man said.

A gunshot was heard and all Jungwon and Yeji can hear was a high frequency as they both fell on the ground.

Everything that happened in the warehouse came back in shutterspeed. Gunshot, blood and cries.

"No." Jungwon spoke as he heavily panted.

The next thing he saw was the man and Yeji is on the ground with blood pooling beneath them. Yeji shivered and cried crawling away from the man. Her clothes are soaked in blood as she grabbed onto Jungwon.

She's crying silently. "I can't do this anymore." She whispered. Jungwon was shocked that Yeji's alive. He glanced at the armed man and saw a gunshot wound on his head. Not quite at the center but it's enough to kill him.

Footsteps suddenly approached them. "That was close. Good thing we're near, huh?" Junhui helped Jungwon up. Minghao helped Yeji up as well but her knees has given up on her. She's too scared to stand up that Minghao carried her.

"We knew these men has been following you. The reason why we were at the amusement park." Minghao told them.

Jungwon looked confused as ever.

"Dino and Hoshi are watching over the others as well. We're outnumbered though. We're not sure if your other friends made it." He explains further.

"Who are they?" Jungwon finally has a voice to ask.

Minghao and Junhui glanced at each other, but there's no answers.

They helped the two to at least get into Ten's art gallery. "We have to check up on Lia and Chaeryeong." He told the two. "Go straight ahead to the basement and don't ever try to get out until we say so." They told the two.

Jungwon assisted Yeji down to the basement. "Pure Blood." He spoke on a tired manner. The door opened and the first person they saw is Sunoo. Leaning asleep near him is Kei. Did someone chase them too?

Taeyong rushed towards them when he saw blood on Yeji's clothes. "Are you hurt?" He asked right away checking up on her.

"No, but I'm more scared than ever." She cried. Taeyong gave her some fresh clothes and showed him the way towards the bathroom. It seems like this is more serious than what they expected.

Jungwon was silent, staring at Jake who also fell asleep beside Sunoo. If only these three are in here, where is the rest? He can only wish that Hoshi and Dino has kept the rest out of trouble.

"I thought the scariest thing that would ever happen to me is my abusive brother." Sunoo finally broke the silence. "That pain I endured for how many years. It thought after that I'd be strong enough to face any challenges. I was so ahead of myself." He continued.

"Ni-ki asked me to hang out earlier, but I declined. I told him I have something in mind. I felt suffocated in his company. We've been together in almost everything. He clings to me as if I'm a mother kangaroo and I have a pouch to put him in. I wanted to be on my own for a while that I kept avoiding him." He buried his face in his hands, regretting his decisions. "If something bad happens to him I will never forgive myself." Sunoo finished.

Jungwon sat on the floor near Sunoo to rest his head on his lap. "You didn't expect this to happen. If only you knew you wouldn't decline his invitation. We can't control what's going to happen. It's not your fault." Jungwon comforted him.

"He smiles every time he see me. He teases me too much but he always adored me. He always told me I lighten up my surroundings and he likes that, but I failed him. I hated myself. All I can see are flaws and things I lack, but he still managed find the beauty in all those shortcomings." Sunoo started crying. "Why did I push him away?" He started to regret once again. Out of all the days he wanted to be alone, he chose today. If only he agreed to hang out with Ni-ki, he would know where he is right now. They'd be together. He'll know if he's safe.

Yuta and Hansol barged on with Chaeryeong and Taki. Chaeryeong is still on her skates, carried by Hansol.

"Anything from Ni-ki?" Yuta asked.

Sunoo stood up causing Kei to wake up and Jake as well. Pushed past Hansol and Yuta, running away.

"Wait! Sunoo!" Yuta followed.

Chaeryeong tried to break free from Hansol. "Can you now tell me what's going on? I'm preparing for the Olympics." She asked irritated.

"You're being followed again. As of now, Lia's still missing, Heeseung and Ni-ki as well. I just saved your life." Hansol told her.

Charyeong clasped her hand on her mouth in shock.

"What? Now you want to thank me?" Hansol asked, checking all the scratches that Chaeryeong caused on his arms. "Thank me later. It looks like you're speechless." He said and went to the table to make some coffee.

"My sister." Charyeong muttered. "Chaeyeon, she's been missing since yesterday. We didn't take it seriously because sometimes she does this. She disappears." She explained to Hansol.

"That's just great." Hansol slammed the glass on the table.

...

"Boss, do we really have to go this far?"

"Of course. An eye for an eye. A life for a life." He stated as he glanced at the four girls he has captured. They're quite entertaining.

"Why did you ask Jay to save you? Are you a damsel in distress? Are you princess Fiona or something? You know it's dangerous. Do you think he's the knight in shining armor to beat all these armed men?" Lia asked Winter.

"What do you suggest then? We all die here in the middle of the ocean? Sharks can eat our body and nobody will know what happened to us. Jay will come. You'll see. He won't let me die." Winter told Lia.

"You?" Yves hissed. "In your fucking dreams. If he'll come tomorrow, he'll come for Lia." She spoke.

"Lia's all in the past. Jay and I are dating now." Winter argued.

"Can you people please stop fighting over men and think of a way to escape this shit?" Chaeyeon yelled as she struggled. But the more she moved, the more her wrist hurt.

"What do you suggest, dive in the water? We'd freeze to death. Do you want that?" Winter spat at Chaeyeon.

"Why am I even here? I was never involved with Jay Park." Chaeyeon complained. She was wearing a mask to her dance crass when they took her. He does kinda look like her sister when she's wearing a mask. They're the same height a d same hair length and texture.

"Why are they even after Jay?" Asks Winter. "Is he in debt?" She asked making Lia snort as if this is a time to joke around.

"He's filthy rich why would he be in debt?" Lia said in between laughs. Everyone stared at her laugh in this scarry situation. They have no idea if they'd live after this, and yet she's laughing. She must've gone crazy.

What they all don't understand is that Lia's been in this situation before. While they're all worrying what might happen to them, she has already worried about that before.

This is not thrilling anymore. As a matter of fact, she doesn't care anymore as long as Jay is safe. This happened before and she regrets only one thing, making Jay feel like shit for being rejected by her on and on. This time, even if she dies, she regrets nothing.

It's such a shame that it has to end to this, but at least she won't out Jay in danger. She just hopes Jay won't come.

"But of course he's in debt." The man growled at them. "Jay Park's father has put so many people in misery." He revealed his face from the hoodie he's been wearing all this time. The girls almost screamed when they saw his burn marks. His face was beyond recognizable.

Whoever he is, Jay's father is at fault.

...

A/N: It took me too long to update because I had to revise everything and make a whole new chapter. There's been a change of plans.

By the way, which version do you think is the best out of the three versions of Border: Carnival?

As usual, thanks for dropping by. I'll see you on the next one. Sorry it took too long. By the way, how's your bias list? Have you stayed loyal?

I think I have betrayed Jay along the way. Haha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 3.6K 47
"Wait this isn't my phone" Sunoo said "Did we get a new update why is everything pink" Niki said Started: Aug 4, 2022 Ended: May 12, 2023
12.2K 927 15
Even if the world ends today, I will always keep you in my heart. Date Started: November 3, 2020 Date Ended: November 7, 2020
82.1K 2.8K 30
"can yang mango stop ruining my life?! I have to date you now" ━━━━━━━ 🍁 ━━━━━━━━ 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 | 310121 𝗲𝗻𝗱 | 210221
29.4K 1.2K 24
◜📓◞ School Sunshine ,, P.sh & K.sn ╭─ "Let's be together, forever." @fairypiles ꒷꒥ Status ﹕ Completed ❐ ➭ Started ﹕ November 28, 2021 ❏ ➭ Ended ﹕...