Orchid Awards 2021

Par TheEccentric_Hub

[ ] Open [ ] Judging [🌸] Closed "An awards is not only a great prestige or a mark of excellence, b... Plus

🌸 Rules 🌸
🏵️ Genres 🏵️
💐 Forms (CLOSED) 💐
🌹 Judging Rubrics + Examples 🌹
🌷 Prizes 🌷
🌺 Entries + Judges 🌺
💮 Special Categories 💮
🥀 Results 🥀
⚘ Action/Adventure & Chicklit Reviews ⚘
⚘Fanfiction & Fantasy Reviews⚘
⚘General Fiction & Historical Fiction Reviews⚘
⚘Horror/Paranormal & Humour Reviews⚘
⚘Mystery/Thriller & OS/TS Reviews⚘
⚘Poetry & Romance Reviews⚘
⚘Science Fiction & Short Story Reviews⚘
⚘Young Adult/ New Adult Rewiews⚘

⚘Teen Fiction & Vampire/Werewolf⚘

110 11 8
Par TheEccentric_Hub

TEEN FICTION

Judged by Artistic_Pri

The Difference by arhana12
Cover- 7/10
Title- 7/10
Blurb- 7.5/10
Plot- 7/10
Has the author followed you? - 10/10
Uniqueness- 6.5/10
Character Development- 11/15
Writing style and grammar- 7/10
Overall Impression- 11.5/15
Total- 74.5/100

Wasn’t the cover a little childish? And colour schemes could be worked. Title is a little common. Blurb was written in third person narrative but I don’t find a thing that was unique. Plot was good, starting from something common and moving gradually. Character development of Aisha is fine but Veer? Punctuation errors and sentence misstructure were there. Overall, it was fine but commonality was there.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

You Are The One For Me by MineForever6

Cover- 8/10 
Title- 6.5/10
Blurb- 6.5/10
Plot- 7.5/10
Has the author followed you? - 10/10
Uniqueness- 7.5/10
Character Development- 12/15
Writing style and grammar- 6/10
Overall Impression- 12/15
Total- 76/100

Cover was fine but lacked something- couldn't please readers. Title is way too big and common too. Blurb was fine but consider dividing it into fragments. Plot was engaging- everything was fine. Unique way of displaying a common thing- that's what I can say. Character development of Jana is much appreciated but Noah wasn’t justified somewhere. Unique writing style but major grammatical errors.
Overall, it was a good read, I feel connected to the female protagonist.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Komoreby by SuVida777

Cover- 9/10 
Title- 8/10
Blurb- 8/10
Plot- 7.5/10
Has the author followed you? - 10/10
Uniqueness- 7.5/10
Character Development- 13.5/15
Writing style and grammar- 8.5/10
Overall Impression- 13.5/15
Total- 85.5/100

Cover, it’s fantastic. Title is suitable for the story but can have an alternative- try thinking. Blurb is intriguing, guiding questions are amazing. Commonality of plot to the uniqueness of the plot, it had all. Character development of Evie or Ev, it was just perfect. Flow and pace are also just perfect. Unique writing style and minor grammar mistakes are there. Overall, it is a must-read thing. All the insecurities and thought lines of Evie are described well.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

A Love So Blind by goldenrozes_
Cover- 6.5/10 
Title- 7.5/10
Blurb- 8/10
Plot- 7/10
Has the author followed you? - 0/10
Uniqueness- 7/10
Character Development- 10/15
Writing style and grammar- 5.5/10
Overall Impression- 11/15
Total- 62.5/100

Cover doesn’t fit well with the story. Title is apt but customary. Blurb is eye catching- dialogues and questions did it all. Plot was fine but aren’t you disclosing the imperfection? Content was unique and so were the elements but something lacked. Character development wasn’t much smooth and I didn’t feel connected to the character of Ondreaz. Book needs major editing in terms of grammar. Much of grammatical errors are there.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Bad Boy’s Babe by Alishkha45

Cover- 7/10 
Title- 8/10
Blurb- 7.5/10
Plot- 7/10
Has the author followed you? - 0/10
Uniqueness- 5.5/10
Character Development- 11/15
Writing style and grammar- 6.5/10
Overall Impression- 11.5/15
Total- 64/100

Cover matches the theme but is a little eye straining. Title is fine and way too sassy. Blurb requires editing in terms of grammar and expression. Plot was engaging but were you able to maintain a bad boy image every time? Lacking a little uniqueness, way too much usual plot. Character development of Sky was progressing well but I felt Jacob was lacking his bad boy image several times. Grammar errors, too many errors- punctuation and tenses. Overall, it was average but failed to captivate a reader.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Judged by firexqueen

Solitude by K_is_Writing
Chapters read (12/12)
Title 2/10
Cover 5/10
Blurb 6/10
Plot 3/10
Uniqueness 3/10
Character development 10/15
Writing style & Grammar 8/10
Did the author follow? 10/10
Overall impression 6/15
Your title is too common and unspecified. Be a bit more clear on this. For the cover, you have a black and white picture with pink font. It's not that it doesn't work but you could make it even more creative. Your blurb has the most important points in it but it still lacks uniqueness. Your plot was according to the genre but too common and fast-proceeding at the end. In the beginning, it was dragged. Your characters are clear in their role but they don't actually go through development. You could consider editing the small grammatical mistakes in your story.
Total 53/100
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

You don't know me by Avindigrace
Chapters read (10/13)
Title 2/10
Cover 8/10
Blurb 2/10
Plot 5/10
Uniqueness 3/10
Character development 10/15
Writing style & Grammar 4/10
Did the author follow? 10/10
Overall impression 7/15
Your title is too common and that makes it unattractive as well. Your cover looks pretty but the girl in the top right isn't properly visible. Also, the fonts could have a smaller gap. Your blurb gives a first insight but the "catching a reader" factor is missing totally in this. Your plot was the common thing of a college story. Your blurb told the whole story and your pace could have been better if it would have been a bit fast. The character of Jules is basically clear while some others were not. Your story needs major editing with capitalization, punctuation, and other mistakes throughout.
Total 51/100
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Hymn of the rain by contessavc
Chapters read (15/47)
Title 6/10
Cover 3/10
Blurb 2/10
Plot 7/10
Uniqueness 4/10
Character development 7/15
Writing style & Grammar 6/10
Did the author follow? 10/10
Overall impression 8/15
Your title is unique but it doesn't give an idea about what the story could all be about other than something with love. The cover is very simple. The title blends with the background and your name are almost not visible. The blurb is very short and casual. I can't find uniqueness or any kind of attraction regarding your plot through it. Your plot was very simple concerning a kind of real-life problem. Added the flow there, I found it at an amazing pace. However, I lacked uniqueness in the overall happenings and your characters weren't clear. There were too many characters to remember all of them. You often had punctuation and sometimes capitalization mistakes. Try to be expressive through writing.
Total 53/100
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The stolen ground by DrakeRTodd
Chapters read (8/9)
Title 9/10
Cover 7/10
Blurb 5.5/10
Plot 7/10
Uniqueness 6.5/10
Character development 8/15
Writing style & Grammar 8/10
Did the author follow? 10/10
Overall impression 7.5/15
Your title is very intriguing concerning your story but no hint of the story. Your cover is attractive but too plain. Your blurb says the main thing, however, I feel that it needs some questions towards the reader so that they get engulfed in those questions and want the answer. Your plot idea is truly amazing. However, there's a difference between Sci-fi stories and teen fiction. Your general plot idea appeared in other ways too so some points got reduced. Your characters don't give a complete overview. The writing style was quite amazing but I felt that you should try to edit it on grammatical mistakes.
Total 68.5/100
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The Wildcards (Book not found!)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Through hell and back by AriaparkerXO
Chapters read (12/13)
Cover (7/10)
Title (6/10)
Blurb (6/10)
Plot (8/10)
Uniqueness (7/10)
Character Development (13/15)
Writing style & Grammar (9.5/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (11/15)
I feel that your font of the cover could have been better and even the picture could have been better. Your title is exciting but at the same time, the Subtitle reveals all about the story. You have a short and crispy blurb which is pretty good. Just you have some grammar mistakes in it and you suddenly get her friend in the middle without a proper relevance. The birthday note shouldn't be present in the blurb. You could have added it in the first chapter. Your plot seems to start with a casual fight between 2 girls for 1 boy. However, you manage to shape the story very well with Anna and Ava. Both girls showed proper character development. You successfully managed to show her sufferings throughout. There were minor grammar mistakes that didn't disturb you at all and you had the perfect pace. It wasn't too slow nor too fast.
Total (77.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Life ain't fair by Aaditrayie
Chapters read (6/9)
Cover (2/10)
Title (2/10)
Blurb (5/10)
Plot (4/10)
Uniqueness (4/10)
Character Development (3/15)
Writing style & Grammar (3/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (5/15)
Your title isn't interesting at all since it's a pretty basic phrase and doesn't say anything specific about your story. The cover had the wrong format with a font stuck on the picture of a rose. Remove the starting lines above your blurb and add some questions below along with a bit more specification on the plot. Your blurb would become much better. I felt your plot was a common college story. There was nothing new to experience. You had too many characters so it was difficult to cope up with all of them. Grammar is also a point on which I would advise you to work on. Don't use short forms. Write everything out. Take care of punctuation and capitalization.
Total (38/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

He's dating my high school Frenemy (Salutatorian Wars) by JustNicole0001
Chapters read (20/58)
Cover (5/10)
Title (7/10)
Blurb (6.5/10)
Plot (6/10)
Uniqueness (7/10)
Character Development (8/15)
Writing style & Grammar (7/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (8/15)
The title is interesting but slightly long. A shorter one could fit better. The characters on the covers are blurry and the way "High school" is written, isn't very eye-catching. Your blurb tells the situation but a bit more details and some questions would have been even better to hook someone to the story. Your story was better than the other casual high-school stories but at the same time, I found the progress was missing. A character introduction in the initial chapters could have been better for the reader and a rare mark cut because there were few grammar mistakes.
Total (64.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Reality by BelRusso
Chapters read (6/26)
Cover (3/10)
Title (2/10)
Blurb (2/10)
Plot (5/10)
Uniqueness (5/10)
Character Development (6/15)
Writing style & Grammar (9/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (8/15)
Starting from your title, it's not at all attractive or unique. Try to change it. The cover is very simple and a small title is put in the middle of the cover. The title mixes with the background. For the blurb, you told the base of the story but now you need to relate it to your story. Add something about the plot or your main character in it. Your plot was simply about bullying. It was a narration and lacked to show your character's feelings. The stroke of a strong girl was missing in the main character. I didn't feel that the characters had development at all. Your story pace was quite slow and that made the story slightly boring. Your grammar was mostly on point.
Total (50/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

We are a match by arhana12
Chapters read (25/80)
Cover (5/10)
Title (3/10)
Blurb (3/10)
Plot (7/10)
Uniqueness (4/10)
Character Development (14/15)
Writing style & Grammar (8/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (7.5/15)
Your title gives me a vibe of a total cliché story about love. The "completed" is unnecessary at that point. Your cover shows a cricketer. The top of the cover is fine but the quote on the bottom doesn't have a nice font. The cover could also be better if you added something about the girl. Your blurb tells small details and is filled with achievements. Add a bit more to the blurb for making it interesting. Looking forward to the story, I mostly found things around the meeting of Rishav and Ananya. It sounded a typical cliché story and in these chapters, there was nothing about her dreams. However, I found your way to present their dreams amazing. There was proper character development to be found in the main characters and I liked the fact that you just focused on the main characters. Your grammar was mostly on point but here and there I found grammar mistakes. Overall, I would advise you to bring the story sooner on that point which you have mentioned in the blurb. Otherwise, it seems like you're dragging it. For example, there was nothing such as rivalry, etc. to be seen.
Total (61.5/100)

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴

VAMPIRE/ WEREWOLF

Judged by Darksoul075

Nightrise by Avindigrace
————————————

Cover - 6/10
Title - 7/10
Blurb - 7/10
Plot - 8/10
Uniqueness - 7/10
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Character development - 8/10
Author followed u (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 12/15
Total - 83/100

Review

The cover needs improvement so it can attract the readers. You can either learn to make covers or can try some shops. The title is nice but it can be more unique which I can't see in it. I really love the blurb. It was nicely written. You choose originality instead of creativity and I like it. Your writing style is great. I love the characters. Each are doing their roles nicely and their personalities matches with the lines. I just want to say it needs improvement.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Huntress by FmEver
——————————

Cover - 7/10
Title - 9/10
Plot - 10/10
Uniqueness - 9/10
Character development - 13/15
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed you (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 14/15
Total - 84/100

Review

The cover is simple which matches the theme and genre, I like that. The title was nice. I really love the plot. It was amazing. Nice job author!  The characters are fine to me. It have some problems. About writing style, since you are saying as a narrator, it's confusing who are you preferring to. That's why mention characters names instead of he/she. Overall it's a nice story but you need to work on it. 
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Spirit of the rogue by alphaholic 
———————————————

Cover - 7/10
Title - 8.5/10
Blurb - 9/10
Plot - 9/10
Uniqueness - 6/10
Character development - 8/10
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed you (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 13/15
Total - 81.5/100

Review

The cover was too good but simple. The title was chosen too well and It fits the genre and what the book is about. The blurb was nice. Love the plot. It lacks uniqueness. Your writing style is amazing and there were literally no grammatical errors. The characters were nice too. Overall I love it. 
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Reasons why I will never be a cheerleader by HurricaneKareena
————————————————

Cover - 9/10
Title - 8/10
Blurb - 9/10
Plot  - 9/10
Uniqueness - 8/10
Character development - 13/15
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed you (yes)  - 10/10
Overall impression - 14/15
Total - 90/100

Review 

The cover was amazing. I love it. The blurb was well written. It was my favorite thing the whole time. Your writing style is amazing and there were no grammatical errors except for some few words. The characters were great too. The book is so detailed that you can imagine every scene happening infront of u. Overall I love it. 
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Rose by Mystic_Whisperer
—————————————

Cover - 8/10
Title - 10/10 Blurb - 9/10
Plot - 10/10
Uniqueness - 8/10
Character development - 15/15
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed you (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 14/15
Total - 94/100

Review

This story is amazing. This is going to be one of my favorite. I love this story!
everything is amazing. The characters are amazing. There are no grammatical errors and the writing style is amazing. Overall I love it. 
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Blue is not a colour by Ambrosia_Petrova
———————————

Cover - 7/10 Title - 9/10
Blurb - 8/10
Plot - 9/10
Uniqueness - 9/10
Character development - 14/15
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed u (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 14/15
Total - 90/100

Review

I like the cover. It was made nicely but it needs improvement. I love the plot and the blurb. The plot was amazingly written and the blurb is great. There were a few words misspelled which can be ignored. It's a unique and great story. Overall I love it. 

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Rise of the Venus by lehualani
——————————————

Cover - 9/10
Title - 9/10
Blurb - 10/10
Plot - 10/10
Uniqueness - 9/10
Character development - 15/15
Writing style and grammar - 10/10
Author followed you (yes) - 10/10
Overall impression - 15/15
Total - 97/100

Review 

I just have nothing to say. It's just amazing. The writing style, grammar, characters everything is perfect. I love this Book. Keep it up author!
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Judged by firexqueen

Chasing the past by Duncana1003
Chapters read (15/42)
Cover (4/10)
Title (4/10)
Blurb (4/10)
Plot (7/10)
Uniqueness (7/10)
Character Development (10/15)
Writing style & Grammar (8.5/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (10/15)
Your title doesn't give me intense vibes as expected. My mind already created a whole plot for it. Your cover is also not that attractive. The girl's face is half-cut and it's blurry. Your blurb is pretty short. Maybe you could add something more to it to make it more catchy. Your beginning was absolutely amazing and interesting. It directly caught me but then I felt your plot had the wrong starting point and if got a bit dragged. Your main characters showed a development but the side characters were a small mix up in the mind. You have pretty amazing grammar but some small, slight mistakes were present in there which you could work on. Overall, with a better progressing plot, the story is a pretty amazing read.
Total (64.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Middle ground by completelyhopeless
Chapters read (15/25)
Cover (3/10)
Title (5/10)
Blurb (3/10)
Plot (2.5/10)
Uniqueness (3/10)
Character Development (4/15)
Writing style & Grammar (6/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (5/15)
Your title is interesting but it's too common. Your cover doesn't relate with your title or genre at all and it's a normal picture with a normal font. Your blurb is too short and it lacks more intriguing things in it. Throughout the story, I only found out the fact that the girl wants a man for make-out. Your characters could need a better introduction and a better description of them since you have had a lot of characters and reminding all of them is damn difficult. There are fewer points for uniqueness since your plot idea was nice but in the end, it was all around the s*x slave. Maybe you should work on that and also try to edit the story.
Total (43.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The law of beasts book 1 by JabreelWilson
Chapters read (20/72)
Cover (2/10)
Title (5/10)
Blurb (5/10)
Plot (6/10)
Uniqueness (8/10)
Character Development (9/15)
Writing style & Grammar (7/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (8/15)
Your cover is very plain and doesn't say anything about your story or genre. In the title, you could have avoided things like the first book or even "the", as the way it's not written on the cover too. Your blurb is very confusing and the ellipses after some sentences are completely unnecessary and shows already the presence of grammar mistakes. Your blurb was confusing and that led to the confusing plot. There was no proper introduction to the story, so maybe you could add something there. You had quite some characters who were not clear in their appearance. Throughout the story, you used ellipses and at some places, you replaced "S" with "§" or "E" with the integral sign.
Total (60/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The ties that bind by misslazy_05
Chapters read (8/8)
Cover (3/10)
Title (1/10)
Blurb (5/10)
Plot (6/10)
Uniqueness (7.5/10)
Character Development (8/15)
Writing style & Grammar (6/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (8/15)
While choosing your title, try to option for something unique and catchy along with something that doesn't give your story a full, long space but tells something about your story already. Your cover is totally dark with a wolf and a white font. It looks nice but this also leaves a big room concerning your story. Maybe you could try to make it a bit more limited in the cover as well. As for your blurb, it's quite good but I feel the information and a bit of suspense lacking at that place to catch the reader. You have chosen a great background story. However, at times I felt that certain events made your story lose its essence. It was a unique idea but it got mixed up with a casual plot on which you focused. However, that's acceptable. You should try editing your story. Sometimes I felt your narration getting informal while many times I had to re-read sentences for understanding what you mean.
Total (54.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Captivated by alphaholic
Chapters read (14/35)
Cover (6/10)
Title (3/10)
Blurb (4.5/10)
Plot (3/10)
Uniqueness (0.5/10)
Character Development (8/15)
Writing style & Grammar (8.5/10)
Did the author follow? (10/10)
Overall impression (7/15)
Option for an eye-catching title and that automatically happens when you option for a unique title. It's hard to find some unique title but it's not impossible so try that. The cover looks nice but it's not visible what's under the title. Your blurb has the perfect length and format but at the same time, it doesn't portray a unique plot. For me, it shows an obsessive man along with a damsel in distress. Try to make that unique and eye-catching as well. Your plot was, as expected after the blurb, a very casual one. I found nothing at all unique or interesting in it and I felt that the plot was simply getting dragged. Your characters were the same throughout. You had many characters that it was difficult to remember them. Your grammar is really good, however, at some points, you did spelling mistakes and used informal language within the narration of the story.
Total (50.5/100)
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
43.6K 921 91
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...