⚘Poetry & Romance Reviews⚘

POETRY

Judged by pahul_gpk

Nature by LipiKr
COVER: (2.5/10)
TITLE: (3/10)
CHOICE OF WORDS: (7/10)
POETIC DEVICES: (3.5/10)
RHYME: (9/10)
FLOW: (9/10)
ORIGINALITY: (9/15)
FOLLOW: (10/10)
OVERALL IMPRESSION: (10/15)
TOTAL: (63/100)
Talking about the cover, it is way too simple. There are no graphics used and it looks like just the title on a simple image. As we talk about the title, it is quite a cliché one. This title has been used innumerable times so why would I select this particular poem to read out of thousands with the same name? The choice of words is quite nice. They are used such that even those who don't have a very good vocabulary can enjoy it. It's just that, some unique and new words make your work stand out from others. About the poetic devices, personification was handled really well but I didn't find any other being used. Oxymoron, onomatopoeia and alliteration are something which could have been easily incorporated. Rhyming was handled quite well. Only at one place I felt the rhyme scheme getting disturbed. The flow was quite smooth but the theme of the poem was something very common. Though it was used well but it didn't really have anything new to read. Overall, it was a good work done but it didn't have the qualities which would make a reader select this one particular poem out of so many more with the same concept.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The Secret Poem by LipiKr
COVER: (1/10)
TITLE: (7/10)
CHOICE OF WORDS: (8/10)
POETIC DEVICES: (3/10)
RHYME: (9.5/10)
FLOW: (9.5/10)
ORIGINALITY: (12.5/15)
FOLLOW: (10/10)
OVERALL IMPRESSION: (12/15)
TOTAL: (72.5/100)
The cover is way too simple with no graphics. It is a plain background with no attractive fonts. Even the tagline is not very clearly written. Talking about the title, it has the capacity to intrigue a reader and was very much relatable, but could have been something more unique as this one is a little common. The choice of words is quite nice. They are used such that even those who don't have a very good vocabulary can enjoy it. It's just that, some unique and new words make your work stand out from others. During the whole poem, I could only see the usage of pathetic fallacy at a few places and no other poetic device was taken into consideration while writing this poem. It had the capacity for the usage of hyperbole, paradox and even oxymorons. The rhyme scheme was followed very well and even the flow of thoughts were near to perfect. Such kinds of plots are though common but the way you have brought it out makes it look really different.  Keep the good work up and just have a look at the shortcomings.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

The Finale- Our Voices 9-10 by donavenjustice
COVER: (1/10)
TITLE: (6/10)
CHOICE OF WORDS: (6.5/10)
POETIC DEVICES: (3/10)
RHYME: (4/10)
FLOW: (4/10)
ORIGINALITY: (13/15)
FOLLOW: (0/10)
OVERALL IMPRESSION: (5/15)
TOTAL: (42.5/100)
The very first thing which you need to mend in your book is the cover because right now, it's nothing but a simple black background over which even the fonts used aren't impressive. Along with that, the author's name is also not clearly visible at all. If we talk about the titles of your poetry works, they are very much relatable and good as well, but when we come to the title of the overall book, it confuses me a little because the title on the cover is different from what you have written in the title area. Coming to the flow of the poems, it was somewhat disappointing to see a poetry written down in the form of paragraphs with no proper alignment as well. This is the foremost point where the flow of a poetry gets disrupted because it affects the emotions. Also, I felt that the thoughts weren't penned down in a proper sync which added to a poor flow. However, this thing somewhere improved towards the last ten poems. Rhyming wasn't taken into consideration at most of the places, and there were less number of places where the rhyming was proper, otherwise it looked like a forced rhyme. However, the works seemed very much original and self written. But, you really need to work hard to make it better overall.
✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿