Close to You || Ash Lynx (Ban...

Od jijinbap

"Just like me, they long to be, close to you." (y/n) lives a normal life-a struggling student whose only wor... Viac

Prologue: Why do birds suddenly appear?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
NOT AN UPDATE (NEW BOOK)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE AGAIN (I'm sorry)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL & NEW YEAR SPECIAL
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 24

2.3K 132 131
Od jijinbap

As you were escorted to the bathroom, you felt a bit weary from Val. She was a bit, odd. You weren't sure you could trust her but since she is one of Ash's subordinates, there shouldn't be anything to worry about right?

Click. You heard the door being locked.

"Fuck, I'm screwed." You bit your lip, there was no way you can fight her off when your body is at this weakened state. Is the room soundproof? You thought of screaming for help. You felt a looming presence behind you that made you freeze in your spot. You held your breath and waited for her next move, hands balled into a fist, ready to launch a punch on her if she dared to step across the line.

You heard her say, "Hey. Can I ask you something?"

You timidly nodded in response. Her heels echoed through the bathroom as she walked to be in your line of sight. Her hands rested on her hips, she was staring at you so intensely with her lips pursed into a thin line. You crossed your arms, you weren't going to back down from her. If you're going down, might as well take her deeper.

"You.." She started, leaning forward as her free hand pointed at your face. "What is your skincare routine? You're skin is sooooo clear!" She squealed, continuing to compliment your skin and even your unkept hair! Your face was slowly becoming hot from being flustered at all the compliments you're receiving. You weren't used to being treated with this kind of attention, your held your arms up, trying to calm her down as she continued to ramble on about the society's current trends.

"Oh sorry! I was trying real hard to keep it in but aaaaa~ I'm a weak for beauty.." She whined with tears forming in the end of her eyes. Although you do feel relieved that Val has no malice for you, you'd rather she kill you instead of raining you with compliments you can't bear to accept as you're awkward at handling them. "No it's fine. I'm just really tired." You assured her which immediately brightened her mood, you could almost see a flowery background surrounding her by the way her eyes twinkled in delight.

"Big sister, you're so nice (y/n)! Don't worry, I can help you relax!" It was a good thing Val turned around to prepare you for your bath so she wouldn't see how uncomfortable your expression was when she addressed you as "big sister". Your twin, Alistair, popped in your mind. You continued to watch Val who was testing out the temperature of the water in the tub. She was humming along to some cheerful tune, smiling without a care for the world.

Would Alistair be like that if your circumstances weren't like this? Why must the two of you suffer so much? You just want to live a peaceful life, a perfect mirage in this imperfect world. You couldn't help but grit your teeth, it was unfair.

Val placed some essential oils on the tub, swirling it around to make sure it blends well. She looked back towards you, "I think it's....," Her voice lowered seeing your dazedly look. "Big sister?" She called out to you, waving her palms in front of your face to get you to snap out of whatever your thoughts were.

"Huh..? Ah, I'm sorry. I just..." You couldn't find the words to say. Val shakes her head, she told you she'll leave you a bit to get in the tub and call her once you settled in since she can't really leave you alone or else Ash will give her an earful. You slipped off on your clothes, a gasp escaped your lips, seeing your scar-less body. You turned around, even your brand was gone— the 01, is gone. You wrapped your arms around your body, it didn't feel like yours.

They must have prepared you for the selling.

Taking a deep breath, you dipped yourself on the tub, relaxing against the warmth feeling of the fluid. A knock on the door reminded you of what you had to do, you ushered Val inside. The door opened with a bang, you chuckled to see how giddy Val was. She helped you with rinsing you hair as she chatted about her life. You have learned that she was taken and raised by Ash's gang alongside with this young boy named Skip. Her voice faded upon saying the boy's name, indicating that it was a rather difficult topic to dwell into.

She then switched the topic and attention to you, "So, are you big brother's girlfriend?" You could only laugh at her, it was a ridiculous assumption to make, or at least that's what you initially thought of. You're then reminded of the attraction you're feeling and the longings of the comfort he brings. Still, you pushed the thought at the back of your mind, there was no way you'll ever develop such relationship...for now. You shake your head, "No. But I guess, I do like him?"

You, yourself know, you can't deny the tension between the two of you. You're not dumb to notice how nice it is to be within his presence. You're just scared of how to deal with this feelings. In other words, you're not sure if it will be worth to shoot a shot as you didn't really want to risk your current relationship with him.

Val halted in her careful ministration on your scalp, she hummed a bit before speaking, "But I think big brother likes you too! I can set you two out on a date! Oh, that would be so fun~ Big brother might be a meanie in the outside but he's a huge softie!" You could only chuckle upon letting Val continue on with her rambling as you washed up.

***

After the bath, Val finally left you alone since she had to do a few errands with the other members of the gang.

"I'll see you later, (y/n)!" She waved enthusiastically as you reciprocated her actions. You sighed in relief, being with someone as energetic as her was rather emotionally draining.

With a new set of clothes, you entered the room seeing Ash and Eiji eating on the worn out couch. "(y/n)!" Eiji happily greeted you. He stood up from his seat, pulling you into a tight hug as he tried to mask his sniffles. You pat him on the back, "I'm glad you're safe." Eiji clicked his tongue, "You scared me so much! Please, don't ever put yourself in danger again because of me!" Eiji cried out, tears threatening to stream down his face in which he tried to keep it in. He was very cute, how could you not protect something as precious as him?

"No promises but I'll try." You assured him, though you know it was literally impossible to avoid being in harms way in your current situation. You just didn't have the heart to break him off his false hope.

"Yeah, don't get your hopes up. Little dog here is trouble magnet." Ash then shoved a sushi roll in his mouth. You eyed the food laid out on the table, you were practically drooling at the sight of food. Ash noticed your unwavering gaze, his lips formed a small smile. He could almost see hearts coming out of your eyes, he took a piece of roll and held it out for you.

"Come on, eat before it gets cold." You stepped towards him and took his offering, immediately humming in delight as you relished on the flavors. "You're good with chopsticks. You could live in Japan." Eiji complimented, seeing how Ash wasn't having any troubles in eating with his chopsticks. You on the other hand pouted, you might be skilled with your scalpel and other medical school but this chopsticks is your worst nightmare. "Tsk, this damned sticks. Eiji can't you teach me how to use this?"

"Eh? I supposed I could. I did teach my younger sister before." Eiji tried to aid you with the chopsticks but its either the roll falls off or you break it entirely. Ash can't help but feel content at the moment, seeing the two of you, it made him realize how little he knows about both of you.

He voiced out his concerns, saying how he knows the two of you but at the same time he doesn't. "Before, mg dad made a jack-o-langer for me on Halloween night." Ash proceeded to reminisce on his past memories that lead to him having a grave fear for pumpkins after scaring himself upon seeing his reflection on the mirror if the car where he was wearing a pumpkin garment on his head.

Ash had a serious look upon sharing his story. He played with the can of soda, even the way he speak was so stern which prompted for Eiji and you to burst out into a laughing fit.

"What's so funny?!" Ash began to be flustered, he watched as you punched your fist on the wooden floor. Eiji managed to tease Ash in between his laughter, "You better not tell that to anyone else. A guy who's got the mafia at gunpoint is scared of a pumpkin!" Ash pursed his lips, "We should tell Golzine about this, I bet you we'll get rich if we tell him Ash won't move an inch if he invest on a pumpkin garden!" You decided to join in teasing Ash since it's very rare for Ash to be in this position.

He glared, huffing in anger as he faced the other direction, eyes still keeping an eye on the two of you with his flushed cheeks. "Laugh all you want." He chugged on his drink, choosing to ignore both of your laughter that made him embarrassed.

"And you made fun of me for getting scared of spiders? What a hypocrite." You wiped the tears on your eyes, letting yourself calm down from laughing. You then faced him who was suddenly fixated on the doorway. Your smile subsided, "Ash..?" You called out, anxiety slowly creeping in as you see his weary expression. He placed the can on the table that got Eiji to stop laughing as well, "What is it?" Eiji questioned but was immediately shushed by Ash.

You saw him pull out a gun, you immediately picked up on what's going on. "Get behind. Hurry." You grabbed on to Eiji's arm, pulling him behind the bed. You ducked his head, prohibiting him from peeking until further notice.

You bit your lip, body trembling slightly as you let your imagination run free. Eiji could only comfort you by letting your head rest on his shoulder.

"Hey, my man. It's me. Don't put a hole in me now." Ash immediately lowered his guard seeing a familiar hat and glasses emerging from the side of the doorway.

"It's you. The Fly." He was relieved. Ash then turned towards your direction, "It's okay. He's safe." You nodded in response, you stood up and glared at the unfamiliar man.

"Ooh. What a feisty one you got there." Ash clicked his tongue, clearly annoyed at the rude comment towards you. Ash stood in front of you, shielding you from the man's gaze.

He stiffened at the lynx's stare, immediately understanding the boundaries set by him. He proceeded to set up his products, in which Ash settled on with the revolver that he's used to handle.

As the man fixed his belongings to go, Ash tossed him the earrings you failed to notice that he was wearing up until now. "Rest easy. Here's a jade worth 400,00o dollars." Your eyes widened, "400,000?!" Eiji exclaimed, he too was surprised that Ash had such expensive item all this time.

Upon the dismissal of the supplier, you turned to Ash with a look of disbelief.

"400k? Are guns really that expensive?" You stated, shocked to see how Ash did not even hesitate on giving it to the other party. "Don't worry too much princess. It's just a gift." He pinched your cheeks lightly, earning a few grumbles from you. You then cupped his face back, squishing it as a form of revenge. "Keep pinching and I'll shove a pumpkin on your ass."

"Oh, didn't know you were that kinky." You rolled your eyes on him, wanting to express your annoyance, but your smile says otherwise.

Your eyes then caught a glimpse on Eiji who seems to be in a deep thought. "Eiji, are you okay?" You voiced out your concerns, snapping him off from his thoughts. He shakes his head, "Yeah. I'm okay. I'll just make coffee." He quickly dismisses himself, he was definitely avoiding a confrontation.

"You'll get wrinkles if you keep scrunching your face like that." Ash softly flicks your forehead, turning your attention back to him. You pouted, "You're such a violent person." You said half-heartedly, expecting him to take it as a joke in which he did not. He stared at you for a good while, making you feel guilty at what you said.

You saw his expression change for a second before returning to his usual expression.

You sheepishly apologized, scratching your cheeks as you tried to appease him. "I was just joking. I didn't mean it." He ruffled your head, "Yeah. It's okay little dog. I don't mind." You could tell he was lying.

You could tell that it did bother him a bit.

He turned away from you and sat closely on the window. You sighed, you hit a nerve and you didn't know how to deal with it. But that doesn't mean you won't try.

Ash sensed you're close to him, and of course, he knew you were feeling guilty and was trying to make it up to him. He let out a sigh, he faced you, "What is it that's making you tuck your tail?" Ash in all honesty, wasn't offended by your joke. Rather, it fueled his insecurities that he would never bring up to anyone, even you.

That's why, he didn't want you to think too much about it.

You stood rooted in your place, "I really didn't mean it. I'm sorry Ash. You're not really violent, at the very least to us because of course, it's a given that violence is applied to our enemies. But the point here is I don't really view you as a violent person..."

You were always like this when put into a tough spot. It made Ash feel those damned butterflies in his stomach at your cuteness. He doesn't even understand what you're saying but is instead admiring just the way your heart and mind speak without a pause.

"You really bark too much, (y/n)." He pulled you over, letting your upper body crash to his. Both of his arms were wrapped around your waist, securing you there with no room to escape. Not like, you wanted to anyways.

You melted against his touch, arms subconsciously linking itself against his frame. "You're warm..." You whispered, letting your head rest on the top of his.

"Is this okay?" Ash has been meaning to ask you this. He really didn't want to push you out of your comfort nor does he want to overstep his boundaries. Still, sometimes, his heart just doesn't want to listen to him.

"I..." You trailed off, giving it a bit of a thought, unsure how to answer him.

You don't hate it that's for sure. It's just the fear that you can't get rid off. The fear that you'll get used to this physical touch, to his lingering scent, you didn't want to cling to such trivial things that may one day disappear.

You felt his hands on your shoulders, Ash slowly pulled you a bit away just for him to get a good look in your face.

You then answered,

"I don't know." Your eyes avoided his, you didn't want to get drawn away by his amicable ones. "I mean, it's nice. It makes my heart flutter and well, to be honest, it makes me want to cherish you a bit more because of how you give me the comfort of a home."

Ash let your words sink in, cheeks slowly heating up at your implications. "What's troubling you then?" He made you face him, hands cupping your face so delicately. You didn't resist against his touch despite not wanting to meet him eye-to-eyes as you were feeling a bit flustered at being out in the open.

You were lowering down your walls, and it's not easy but if it's for Ash, you didn't mind letting him in anymore.

You tilted your head and leaned more against his hand. Ash could only stare at you in awe, the way the sun's rays made you more radiant than you already are. It highlighted your features, especially your eyes. People, even you, have been complimenting his unique pair of eyes but to him, his eyes are nothing compared to yours.

He looked at you with much affection in his eyes. You then recalled Val's words,

"But I think big brother likes you too!"

And as much as you want to hate that thought, you couldn't. Not even a bit.

You finally let yourself smile, you have already made up your mind.

"Ah, screw it. Who cares what happens in the future anyways?" There was no guarantee you would live for another day. For now, you want to live in this moment. You didn't want to have any more regrets.

He chuckled, "I really don't understand what's going on your mind one bi-" Your hands settled on both sides of his face as you held him, cutting him off from his sentence.

With the rising tension and pounding heartbeats,

"Hey, Ash..."

you took the risk,

"Can I kiss you?"

—--—

HELLO YES IM ALIVE. Aaaaa it's been a while dear readers~ I missed writing. I've been caught up with my academic responsibilities but here I am now~ BACK WITH A GOOD NEWS!

Our research is approved! Yay! Anyways, thankyou again for the support! I hope to finish this book soon~

PLUS. YES. SHIPS GOING CANON.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...