Off The Grid | j. christopher

By humansunflower

in which she finds out that, after all this time, he was the one or in which he goes off the grid with her More

OFF THE GRID
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
EPILOGUE
author's note

008

8K 539 410
By humansunflower

◆ ◆ ◆

liked by jaygup, jalen & 37,921 others
noel.tati stuck with you 💍

view all comments

jalen I love you❤️
- noel.tati I love you too❤️
- jaygup keep this shit off the internet
- noel.tati hating on us for what😭

jaygup gross🤣
- user I feel it😭
- noel.tati Josh, please get a life, a girlfriend, something! 😭 DAMN!

TAGGED: diorr, shaqironeal & shareefoneal
liked by shareefoneal, shaqironeal & 11,728 others
ayeyoitsayo where ya real friends at? 

view all comments

shaqironeal no new friends

user 👁👄👁

bronny where's my invite ?
- ayeyoitsayo next time 🙂

diorr big sis 💪🏽

user how does she know all these fine basketball players?
- user when you get passed around that's what happens 🤣🤣
- shareefoneal stop speaking on stuff you know nothing about

AYEYOITSAYO HAS TURNED OFF COMMENTS!

liked by diorr, jamorant & 136,063 others
jalen she's solid 💍

view all comments

user until shes not 💀

user not Josh liking that comment 😭 what is up with him lately?
- user the girls are fightingggg, chile!

user this picture is cute idc

◆ ◆ ◆

may 26th, 2020
2:47 pm

JOSHUA STOOD AT HIS LOCKER at the end of the school day.

The hallway was still slightly crowded with their peers but Joshua's eyes were on his phone, his thumb swiping up on the screen to view his instagram feed.

Noelani, his friend Jalen's girlfriend, had posted another picture of the two causing Joshua to roll his eyes.

How fucking nauseating.

Karina, dressed in a denim skirt and a gray shirt, came strolling up the hall, beelining straight for Joshua.

He had to hide his smirk by turning his face in the other direction.

"Hey, Josh.." Karina said as she stopped on the left side of his locker.

Joshua nodded at her, "What's up?"

"I was thinking about the other day... I overreacted. We were drinking the night before and things got hectic."

Joshua gave Karina an astonished expression then coughed, "Yeah, it's no big deal."

"Are you doing anything tonight?" Karina moved closer half a step.

"Whatchu thinking?" Joshua asked the girl, a mischievous smirk on his face.

A semi boisterous 'what' came from across the hall causing the two to look over.

Ayoluwa was standing in front of the music room with her friend group.

She was explaining something to the group and whatever she was saying must've been infuriating because they all looked absolutely heated.

"Aye," Dior said as he approached, "Can I get a ride? I hate that bus shit. It be smelling like ass on there."

"Yeah.." Joshua looked to see Ayoluwa visibly getting red and then Quincy wrapped her in his arms, effectively hiding her face from view.

"Oh, man." Dior muttered.

"What's wrong with wanna be Bob Marley over there?" Karina nodded over there.

Dior immediately whirled on her, "You think you funny or sumn?"

"I mean.. Yeah," Karina shrugged.

"You talking shit about her hair, meanwhile I could see the tracks on the right side on yo' head from down the hall. Fuck outta here." Dior's New York accent was heard more clearly due to his annoyance.

"Damn, it was just a joke. Relax." Karina passed Joshua a glance that said 'help me'.

"She was kidding. It's just Ayoluwa. Relax." Joshua replied, "They're probably over there telling her that there can't be a train this weekend."

Karina burst into laughter, covering her mouth as well but Dior simply scowled at Joshua.

"Bro, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about." Dior responded in a tone more serious than Joshua had ever heard from the boy, "Shut the fuck up about her sometimes."

"What?" Joshua said in a dumbstruck tone.

"You're always on her about something. Like half the time she's just living her life and you wanna be on ignorant ass shit. She's going through hella shit." Dior said.

"That's not his problem." Karina chimed in then flipped her hair off of her shoulder.

"Was I talking to your goofy looking ass? Dismiss yourself." Dior snapped down at her.

"Excuse m-m-me?" Karina stammered.

"Y-y-you're excused." Dior mocked her.

Karina scoffed then stormed towards the exit doors.

"Fucking goofy." Dior muttered.

"You ain't have to do all that to her. Now I gotta find some bullshit apology if I wanna see her tonight." Joshua shook his head as he closed his locker.

"Especially for her. Ion know why you and Shareef are cool with her." Joshua discreetly nodded to where Ayoluwa was still standing in front of the music room door with her friends.

Dior let out a noise of disgust, "Just leave her alone. Forget the ride home, I'll find someone else."

Joshua watched as Dior walked over to Ayoluwa, tapped her shoulder then received her embrace after dapping up the four boys with her.

Fuck is his problem?

Over emotional ass.

Ayoluwa met Joshua's gaze and lifted one hand in the air, her middle finger extended clearly towards him.

Joshua flipped the bird right back at her with a scoff.

Her friend Nicholas glanced at Joshua then said something to Ayoluwa that made her look at his watch.

Ayoluwa visibly stared then took off towards the parking lot, Nicholas and Dior at her heels.

When he got home, his older brother Patrick was standing in the kitchen.

"Get away from the fridge, damn!" Joshua remarked.

Patrick glanced back, "No. How was school?"

Joshua shrugged, "School was school. What's up? What are you doing here?"

Patrick closed the fridge door at his question, an orange in his hand, "I uh, I need to talk to you."

Joshua furrowed his brows, "About what?"

"Just uh.. Some money problems. Imma need to sell the lake house." Patrick rose to his full height, only an inch or two above Joshua.

"Do mom and dad know? Does Woo know? How bad are the money problems? Are you gonna-." Joshua stopped when Patrick gave a sigh.

"Everything is fine. Everything is gonna be fine, Gup. Just relax." Patrick mushed his hair as he passed him to head into the living room.

Joshua lifted his phone to his face from his pocket when it lit up with a notification from Instagram.

'Get a life'.

'Get a girlfriend'.

I'm good, thanks.

Joshua huffed a little at Noelani's comment then slid his phone in his back pocket and making his own way to his bedroom.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 7.8K 47
in which he wants to settle down or in which she feels her wings have been clipped
257K 4.7K 18
in which she could've sworn that he wanted her friend first or in which an affair was bound to happen
17.8K 594 31
"𝐹𝓊𝒸𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒹𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝓁𝓊𝓉 " 𝑽𝒐𝒏 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏, 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚...
99.2K 5.6K 35
𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯' 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰�...