CALISTA / Bridgerton

Por ssa_bby

The eldest Bridgerton sister returns to London to be flaunted in society. [Bridgerton - S1] SIMON BASSETT Und... Más

*
**
***
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
¥
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
AUGUSTA
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
¥
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
EPILOGUE
EXTRA SCENE

SIXTEEN

14.7K 411 100
Por ssa_bby

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - AIN'T YOU SPECIAL
(28/02/2021)

"Dear gentle readers,

when it comes to the eldest Miss Bridgerton, it curiously makes me wonder why our hearts are the most confusing instruments. I begin to wonder how the certain Duke of Hastings will feel about the love triangle which looks to be forming with the loving Lord Ramsey. A little birdie told me, the couple enjoyed a stroll basking in the sun the other day with family present- if it was supposed to be a secret, it isn't anymore. Let it be known, dear reader, that if this bizarre behaviour portends yet another scandal, then be sure that I shall uncover it, for there is nothing
like an excursion into nature to lift the spirits and loosen the tongue.

Yours truly, Lady Whistledown."

"I was not aware, sister, of what Berbrooke attempted. I would have stopped Daphne's engagement otherwise. You should have told me."

"Would you have believed me? With me being a light skirt?" She scoffed, rolling her eyes at Anthony. They were situated at the large table that had been set up for their afternoon outside enjoying the sunshine, the public park was a good way to mingle and be nosey without actually having to mingle as much

"Did you only change your mind
about Lord Berbrooke because another man told you the truth about him? Not because Daphne didn't want to marry him? I can handle myself, Anthony. I would never let a man take advantage of me the way he tried. Plus, I knocked him out, should have seen him on the ground, it was quite smashing." She nudged his shoulder in amusement, something that hadn't expressed in a while, almost too busy disliking each other for the most part.

"I suppose I can let you court Bassett, I know you are too stubborn to let me tell you otherwise. I don't agree with it, he will break your heart." He sighed at the thought of Bassett making Calista cry.

"Like how I broke Arthur's heart? You know brother, Arthur and I are still very good friends. We love each other dearly, when we are together we are happy but we are not meant for one another. He would never let me down, not ever. Let me follow my own heart." She weakly smiled, a heart to heart with Anthony hadn't happened in years. The last time emotion was shown was when she hadn't bled for weeks and the first person who fixed the problem was Anthony. Yes, he had cursed at the innocence lost but he helped her conceal the issue, he got the female pill for her and let Arthur console her after the apparent abortion which was successful. He tried to see eye to eye with Arthur but he was still to blame for everything, they hadn't followed protocol in Society and it angered him that she had put the reputation of the Bridgerton's name in danger.

"I do rather hope you are being careful, Calista. I know you are seeing Arthur." Anthony cringed at the words used, he hated the fact that his little sister wasn't a child anymore, he could no longer protect her from the world.

"I'm not naive, anymore. I know what I am doing."

"Speak of the Devil." She glanced over to her right and gleamed once she saw the Duke walking towards her.

"You are late." She shouted in awe, squinting her eyes at the sunlight blocking her view. He had turned up late but he blessed her morning with the glorious views of himself.

"Apologies." He muttered.

Something was off.

"Whatever happened to your hand?" She asked as she took hold of his hand and examined his knuckles which were freshly cut and bruised.

"Boxing."

"It's an absurdity that passes
for entertainment amongst men. I don't understand why men willingly put themselves through pain for a game." She quickly rambled on about the dangers of boxing and such games.

"Only me, Your Grace." Berbrooke appeared out of the murky shadows, too timid for anyone's liking. The man wasn't a man but acted with shameless confidence to prove himself otherwise.

"Are you following me, Berbrooke? I thought this matter settled." The deep voice of Simon echoed within the tunnel, as he was walking home after the rather interesting ball. Yet had almost received an earful from Calista when he had let slip to her brother of the situation she nearly found herself in.

"It was settled until you had to go and spoil it. I implore you to speak again with the viscount. That night was a mistake, I admit. A temporary lack of judgment. You understand that, do you not?"

"There is not and never will be any kind
of understanding between the two of us." The taller man sneered as Nigel approached him, coming into light with a frown on his face, like an angry child being told no.

"Go home, Berbrooke."

Simon began to walk away, to forget about Berbrooke once and for all yet, his voice called out again.

"Why does Daphne's life concern you too much. I need her, I need that money, the connections and the standing which you already have without Calista. I need the sister. Why can you not just let me have this one?"

"I didn't have any concern for Daphne's suitor it's until you tried to force yourself upon Calista. You aren't a man nor anywhere near the title of gentleman. What bothers Calista, bothers me. As for your engagement to Daphne, I think it really ought to be up to Miss Bridgerton."

"When I am buying a horse, I do not negotiate with the horse. Why, then, have you not asked for her hand if you are so fond of her and she so smitten with you? Why have you not already proposed? Unless you have already had her. I would be surprised if she had Lord Ramsey before you, even the way she dresses is too out there. No wonder, she is the diamond of the season if she warms everyones bed up. You must tell me. Daphne might be the same, loose and damaged if that is the case..."

"Maybe I should have forced myself on Calista, perhaps she could be fun." He added, almost drooling at the thought.

It seemed as though Nigel was on thin ice rambling in about the virginity of both Bridgerton girls, not one ounce of respect was valued when Lord Berbrooke was talking about the girls, he spoke about them as if they were objects. Simon clenched his jaw, seething as the thought of his disregard and slimy hands over Calista.

"Stop talking. I shall not have you question
the lady's unimpeachable honor again. You bruised Calista's wrists, you should be condemned to a horrible life and never marry Berbrooke, you certainly don't deserve any of the Bridgerton's. Now, go home."

And you do? I've heard the stories
of your father, Hastings. I know how badly he wanted a son, an heir, and I know how badly he tried to get one when it seemed
your poor mother could not deliver. If anyone were to ever turn a blind eye to a man's temporary lack of judgment, it would be you. The apple should not fall very far,
should it?"

They were so close to each other, whilst strolling around the park, she was sure that he could hear her heart beating fast, a new symptom of spending time with Simon Bassett.
She wasn't sure what it meant; the sexual tension was either getting too much for her to bare or she was beginning to like the young Duke.

"I could have handled Lord Berbrooke myself without you spilling to Anthony." She spoke out, wanting to let Simon know that she could have handled it herself. He knew she could, that was the problem.

"It slipped out, his very presence is fucking annoying as it is." He stopped and faced her, halting them from their walk. Calista could feel a certain warm feeling in her stomach the way he cursed so lowly, she almost clenched her thighs together with the sound coming from his lips.

"My cuff, button it." She ordered him and she raised her arm towards his body, holding eye contact with him which seemed like forever.

"I beg your pardon?" He raised his eyebrow at her confidence, her usual personality shining through.

"You heard me, Your Grace." She nudged her arm forward as he tugged, gently at her arm and be an to button her cuff of her lace dress, made for this weather. The light fabric covered her body, fitting ever curve just perfectly as he took this chance to scan over her body which was welcomed.

"Your brother told me that you continue to fuck Lord Ramsey." He blurted out, he had finished his task of buttoning her cuff and she kept her arm in the air, impressed by his bluntness, something she didn't know he was capable of.

"My brother could be right. Is that a hint of jealousy I suspect?" Now it was her turn to be blunt with Simon Bassett.

"Forgive me if I'm mistaken, we began to court so that Lord Ramsey would leave you alone."

"Old habits die hard. It's difficult to explain." She huffed.

"Please do try." He ordered.

"He knows what I like, he's the only one who has touched me. It's difficult to stop what you know, Simon."

She laughed a hearty laugh, "it's terrible, right? It's maddening. My brother was right, I am a lightskirt."

She ran her fingers slowly down the arm of his shirt, in a teasing way, almost claiming him for hers there and there. He clenched his jaw in want but never acted upon it. He didn't need to fall at the feet of a woman, he never wanted to marry yet he was struggling to convince himself. Thank heavens he was stubborn or he would have caved.

"If it wasn't so frowned upon, I'd let you do terrible, unspeakable things to my body right now. If only you could feel how wet I am for you." She whispered -

"Bridgerton!" Lord Berbrooke 'a voice was heard in the distance as he stormed towards Anthony. She rolled her eyes as she pulled Simon in the direction of her family. Simon didn't have a minute to process what Calista had said.

"I bring cheerful news, Bridgertons. I have taken matters in my own hands and sought a special license for my wedding to Miss Bridgerton. I require no further conversation. Though, perhaps I am finally speaking to the true head of the Bridgerton house. For if it were you, I imagine you would have instructed your sister to take better care than to encourage certain attentions while alone with me on the Dark Walk at Vauxhall. Of course, mere hearsay of such a scandal could wreak havoc on even the most influential of families. What would someone likes say, Lady Whistledown do with such unseemly information?"

Berbrooke rhymed off, not allowing anyone to interrupt him as he asserted his control, still not giving up on Daphne, yet Calista wasn't sure what woman he meant to slander to Lady Whistledown. She was about to charge for him but Anthony held her back not wanting to cause any more damage. She noticed that his face was in a complete state of bruising and cuts, it looked sore to touch and that made her relish in his pain for a second because linking the dots between his sore face and Simon's sore hands.

"God, you're such a prick." She spat at the man who had ruined their afternoon. She struggled against Anthony and eventually she calmed down.

"Because in three days, I am to marry. I have the diamond of the season. I have the very best the ton has to offer. I have a Bridgerton. And I shall save her, as well as your entire family, from the ruin which you could not protect them. I look forward to the union of our great families." He smirked before storming away quickly to let the scene that he caused unfold between the family including The Duke.

"I must issue my challenge to Berbrooke straight away. I assure you I've been properly trained in the manner."

"You are not to duel with Lord Berbrooke. Do you understand me?" Calista hushed at Anthony, an idea had already passed her mind and she was going to execute it to the best of her abilities.

"Lista, what are you going to do?" Daphne cried to her sister.

"Your Grace, I must cut our afternoon short, I must visit Lord Ramsey as soon as possible. I suppose I shall see you tonight." She smiled in a haze, not concerned about what anyone thought of her, this was her sister and she would do anything to protect her.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

65.2K 1.9K 29
❝surround me like an ocean, strip down to raw motion❞ simon x fem!oc bridgerton s1
33.2K 444 25
"𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑢𝑛𝑠𝑢𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒. 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠,𝑖 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑙�...
61.3K 3.3K 12
𝐈 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢...
215K 6.3K 24
| | The only happiness that matters are my sisters and brothers...I don't care ab...