The Five Mythicals

By LostChild911

The story of the mythical beings was real after all. First-Person Perspective. Alternative Universe. Art: @ni... More

The Beginning
Mori's Regret
Finding Gura and a Bird?
Mori's Arrival
Finding Another Guest
Wah!
Reunion
New Year's Special
The detective gives a Confession
Amelia's Present
Amelia Birthday'son Tribute
Running is Fun
The Tako Dream
Moshi Moshi
Shark Check Up
SideStory-SameTori
A Predator's Catch
Finding Gura Part 2
Marriage Proposal
New Wife (?)
Hide and Seek
Death and the Undead
Phoenix Diary
Birb Shopping List
Complicated Feelings
Nothing
Aquarium Trip
Death Convo
The Happenings
Sweet Dreams
Last Ride
Ina-terlude
TAKAMORI FOREVER
Afterwards/Credits

The Rising Phoenix

256 10 5
By LostChild911

"Oh, there you are, wait, you look a bit down today."

"Kikkerikiii, yeah, I'm not feeling well right now."

"What happened?"

"I didn't get much sleep last night."

"Sorry to hear that. Would you like some coffee?"

"Thank you very much, Death-san. you're so kind."

It was getting chilly here. Woo. My. I didn't have to leave early, but it is what it is, you know? We both decided on this time to meet, so I can't get angry.

You'll suspect that there wouldn't be many people around before dawn, and you'll be right. There wasn't. Less than 30 people are present, including me and Calli's Teacher. I saw some people jogging, on a stroll with their mixed breed, multiple headed creatures and shop on wheels that sell early morning cravings.

The Underworld National Park.

I can't begin to describe how generic this place looks. I can, but I wasn't in the mood. Imagine your regular park, but the only difference is this place is suited towards demon children and residents. That's the only difference.

"What kind of coffee do you like?"

"The non-bitter kind please."

"No bitterness at all?"

"Absolutely none. I like my coffee sweet."

"Ok. I'll see what I can do for you."

"Thanks."

We were in front of a tiny shop that had wheels on them. Standing in front of it besides Death-san, I observe a tentacle-like creature making our morning beverages inside it. Her face looks very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

"Humu humu. I got it. Your order is coming right up."

With tentacles Ina, IN, Ah, Bundance, she rapidly made or to-go items without any spillage. After a couple of minutes of waiting in this cold morning weather, we finally got our coffees.

"Here's your order. Hope it's to your liking."

Death-san got a tray that had two items with one side filled with some packets.

"Thank you, Pun-chou. Your coo-hee has learned a lot from you."

"Ummm... What are you trying to say there?"

"Kouhai, Coo-hee."

"Ahh, hah, hah, hah. Nice attempt at a Japanese pun. You sir, still have a lot to learn."

"I'm just like any other student, huh? Messing up at the most important moments."

The depressed teacher said goodbye to his Pun-chou (?) with me following behind. I looked behind again wondering, where have I seen her. But when I did, she was gone. Like she vanished out of thin air. Leaving the empty shop remained by its lonesome.

Mysterious.

***

*Whoosh*

"So cold."

"Hm."

"No, this scarf ain't doing its job."

"Oh, Ok."

I decided to wear some clothing for this weather and the scarf is one of them. From the wind's help, it was trying to avoid me.

"What kind of coffee did you get me?"

"The one beginner would enjoy."

"What about yourself."

"One with the highest concentration of bitterness."

That sounds like torture.

*whoosh*

Now that the wind finally calmed down. Death-san and I were sitting down on a random park bench, observing the undying nature that was somewhat beautiful.

"So Death-san, What did she say?"

"Hmmm..."

He went into deep thought. While he was doing that, I took a few sips of my coffee. I added all the packets and the taste...

"Hmmm..."

Too sweet, but not too overpowering, surprisingly. I don't mind this."

"Listen here, Kiara."

A sudden seriousness was in his tone. So it must be. I did ask him something important. So important that it might change the course of our relationship. Looking into his non-existent eyes, the hollow nature can be uneasy to living beings. But here in the Underworld, people like this roam all about. When it came to my case, I came down here for a choice, for a purpose, and that is to be with Calli. My Mori. Unlike these people in the Underworld, I, for one, I'm not one of them.

"You can propose to her, but the outcome of faith is not decided."

"How come?"

"If you went along with this, I can't guarantee your feelings will be received."

I tilted my head to this statement.

"I recommend you choose the right choice from here on out. The odds are unstable and tilting from side to side with utmost caution. If one side receives too much uncertainty, it won't end well, but if it receives too many euphoric offerings, you both will rejoice, leaving the scale on the permanent side of happiness."

"So you're saying it's unpredictable how she is going to respond. Is that right?"

"In simple terms, yes."

I took a few more sips of my coffee, thinking of my options.

It's just like that dream.

The odds weren't in my favour from the start. I got shot down, mercilessly with no chance of recovery. Is the opposite reality, then?

While thinking about Death-san's finding, I thought back to the time before I left our house.

***

"Calli, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I'm just worried."

"I'm glad you're worried about me, but I have a meeting with someone."

"The day hasn't even started yet. What if you get sick?"

"Silly Calli, The breeze this early doesn't make anybody sick."

"Better to be safe than sorry."

"Alright Calli, see you later."

"Wait, before you go."

"What?"

"Here, wear this."

"A scarf?"

"Take it, It will keep you warm."

"T-thanks, Calli."

"Let me put it on you."

"I can do it myself."

"I insist."

"Calli, you're too close."

"I'm not that close."

"You're the closest to my heart."

"Real smooth, Kusotori. Be patient. I'm almost finished."

"You might as well kiss me while you're at it."

"..."

"Calli?"

"..."

"Calli?"

"There, finished."

"Did you buy this for me?"

"Nah, this is some random thing I found in my closet."

"I'm h-h-happy. I think. Heh-heh."

"See you later then."

"Yeah, later Calli."

.

.

.

"I wish I could do that."

***

I have something to confess.

I may or may not have had a hot and steamy night with Calli that night.

About the festival we went to, yeah, that was... Calli told me, I mean for my own sake and privacy, 'I' decided for myself, and no one else, not to speak about certain happenings that may or may not have happened in my diary. That confidential information was an accidental slip of mine. For that, I'm sorry. Someone found out where that dairy was. The person's information is also confidential.

So yeah, I heard that comment, and I was surprised because my ear barely caught what she was saying when I left our house.

Maybe I'm forcing this on her.

"Your coffee is getting cold."

I snapped back to reality. The cold was starting to go away from the almost break of dawn.

"It's perfect. Just the way I like it."

"The coffee?"

"No. I'm just speaking to myself."

I finished my coffee and got up from the park's branch. I started to say my goodbyes to Death-san.

"Thank you very much, Death-san. Thank you very much for doing this for me."

"It's not a problem for me. I'd like to help out when I can. It makes me feel like I have life again."

"Don't you have a partner for yourself, Death-san?"

"That's a story for another day."

I was walking to the park exit with determination and resolve. Of all the time I could remember, it was me that was the cause of all the problems. From me exaggerating the one time Calli was busy being a model for artists. And the other time, not having enough faith in her when I thought she was cheating on me. I bet I'm such an eyesore...

So useless. So disgusting. Such an eyesore.

No, I'm not, and Calli would never say that to me. That's not real, that's not the Calli I know. The Calli I know is passive with her emotions, outgoing, helpful, kind, tsun and dere in the cutest way possible, beautiful, unrealistic beautiful, sweet, adorable, touching, sympathetic, responsible, hard-working, flexible, prideful, artistic, diligent, uplifting, thoughtful, trustworthy,

Ah-hem, warm

and the embodiment of the word love, which is mine and mine alone. She is my one and only

'Mori.'

"Calli, I know I can be a bird brain at times, I know, I do things without your consent, I know you love me but, I still doubted that love. But you what Calli, I hope you can forgive me for all my flaws and all my imperfections. I know I'm a phoenix. I know that. This phoenix is not perfect. I know I cry a lot. I cause you trouble alot. I know that I have the worst of the worst problems when it comes to not being able to see the signs', but I do know. The next move I'll make for you is going to be good. Right now, I hope you'll accept me the way I am and the future decision I'm going to make. This is your Phoenix, Takanashi Kiara! Kikkerikiii!!!"

I said those words at the exact moment, which was the break of dawn. Sometime in the park when I was speaking to myself, a crowd formed around me, cheering me on.

[That was wonderful.]

[You go girl.]

[Go get that lover of yours and smooch them to death.]

[I'm so happy right now.]

[What are you waiting for?]

[Are you just going to stand there?]

[I really love your outfit, we should hang out sometime.]

[WHO THE HELL BROKE YOUR HEART? I FINNA HUNT DEM DOWN REAL QUICK!]

[No, she accepts herself now. Acceptance.]

[OH, ALRIGHT. IF YOU NEED ANY HELP JUST SCREAM ON THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE AND I'LL SAVE YAH REAL QUICK, NO CAP.]

[Mommy, Ah wah't chicken four dinner.]

[No, not right now sweetie.]

[Your hair looks really cool. Wanna go on a date?]

[Are you seriously cheating right in front of me?!]

[What's going on here?]

[Took you long enough. Now it's the perfect time for you to propose to me.]

[Propose?! I wasn't planning anything like that.]

[You're such a dead give away. Just give me the ring already.]

[Don't touch me like that in public!!!]

[Now is the perfect time, you dumb dumb. We have a phoenix in front of us. The ones in the myths and stuff? They can grant any wish possible, just like the location of the ring you so have on you for the past 7 days.]

[FINE. FINE, TAKE IT.]

[AHH, are you proposing, to me?!, for real-zees? I'm sooooooooooo marrying you and wearing this for the rest of my life.]

[She knows I've had it for that long?]

I'm dying from embarrassment. So I did the only thing I could do.

Run.

[Leaving already?]

[She really is going.]

[Yeah, go 'em girl! I'm cheering for you.]

[My happiness. No, don't leave.]

[About time.]

[Took you long enough.]

[Can I at least get your LINE? Gosh. Uh. You never looked good anyways.]

[IS SOMEONE CHASING YOU?]

[Too much attention, it seems.]

['TOO MUCH ATTENTION IN DEEZ STREETS?']

[Mommy, can wii have that runaway chicken four dinner?]

[Sweetie?! Who taught you to say things like that? Rude, no more snacks for you for the whole week.]

[Am I that beautiful that you have to run away? Huh, don't fret. I have faith that my beauty is going to make us reunite.]

[Screw you. Go drown in a landfill you piece of trash.]

[How long are you going to look at that ring?]

[Until you push me down and kiss me, right here, right now, in front of all these people.]

[This woman!]

[Still a coward I see? Oh well. Jesus, I guess I have to...wait, don't push me. Wait? You're actually going to do it in front of all these people?! No! I'm not ready! I'm not!...Hmmmm, Hmmmm. Let me breathe you!...Hmmmm. This is public indecency!, we both can go to!...Hmmmm.]

I am going to have even more confidence in our relationship.

Something just for the two of us.

Just you wait

until I get out of this crowd of people!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255 13 5
Battered, beaten, and broken. This was it, there was nothing left. For years, he's strived to build a sense of normalcy, only for it to all come cras...
13.9K 251 33
Story about how Tendou Ryouji will conquer the love of the girls from Hololive Achievements: 1. #1 TsukumoSana September 2nd 2. #1 TakanashiKiara Sep...
32.1K 1.3K 38
In the modern age, all kinds of wonders and beauty exist within the mortal world that one may call Earth. Such are the sights, wildlife and humans wi...
776 46 10
For the first time, time has forsaken her. Through many trials, she fought for what was possible. And in every end, she lost. So she sent a partner i...