Somewhere We Went Wrong

By HereForLovato

"Sometimes the best way to get someone's attention is to stop giving them yours." Demi would mess up time aft... More

But You Won't Sing Along
Our Love Is Like A Song
Backup Plan
Confused.
Revelation
Surprise
Bliss part 1
Bliss part 2
Warning part 1
Warning part 2
Take off
Undecided
The Weekend
Countdown
Over My Dead Body.
Do not Disturb.
Date night
Meet the Parents
Remember me?
Turbulence
Birthday Bombshell
Repercussion
Aftermath Part 1
Aftermath 2
Brushing off
Hotel room blues.
In case 1
In case 2
Isabella
What Friends Are For
Just Give Me A Reason
Two steps back
Karaoke Konfessions
Competition.
No Filter.
Nothing was the same.
Prove it.
Try me.
Falling to pieces
I still get jealous
Dinner Date
And then there were two...
Weekend Away
HELP
Decisions, decisions.
Lets try this again.
Tell me.
SEQUEL

Happy Valentine's Day

1.7K 45 22
By HereForLovato

Demi

"Baby, Valentine's is coming up, what are we gonna do?"

I asked while I traced the outline of the small tattoo on her ribcage. I had one similar. Hers was a ballerina with the phrase 'Why dance when there's no music?' inscribed beneath it in cursive. Mine was a treble clef with the phrase 'Why make music if there's no one to dance?" written in script.

"It doesn't matter. Don't you have a show that day?"

She moved in to play with a few stray tendrils which framed my face. I nodded in response to her question.

"I'll just come to the show and we'll figure out the rest later."

"I love you."

I whispered and she made a gagging face before leaning in to give me a kiss.

"You're kinda alright."

She responded and I reacted by pushing her shoulder dramatically.

"You're such a jerk."

She laughed as she settled her head against my chest. She always loved listening to the steady thumping of my heart. Maybe it was a reminder that it only beats for her.

"I miss you already."

She turned to me with an exaggerated pout. The North American leg of my tour finished up a few days ago but I still had a fewer smaller shows here and there. The Valentine's show being the last of the series. I only had a week in between and I was in the middle of spending all my free time with her.

"So why don't you come with me?"

I whined like a spoiled kid as she giggled a little.

"You know I can't. My schedule for the next few weeks are jammed because someone wants to go on vacation after their tour."

"Oh so you don't want us to go to Bora Bora?"

I quirked my eyebrows, just waiting to be amused by her reaction.

"Shut up, I never said that."

She sat up and started slapping me with her pillow. I retaliated by prouncing on her and murdering her with tickles. Her laughter was the best thing in the world, well, second only to her smile. We spent the entire day just teasing and enjoying each other and ultimately hoping that we never had to leave each other's sides.

••••

I was extremely anxious as I waited for her at the airstrip. She had texted me that she had already gotten to the jet and would be here soon. That was about an hour ago so she should be arriving any minute now.

I occupied myself by talking to the staff and before you know it, I felt her hugging me from behind.

"Hey princess."

I cooed as I turned around to give her a long, heartfelt kiss. Once we pulled away, she dramatically fanned herself.

"Whoo... what was that all about?"

"I just missed you that's all."

I responded as I walked her to the car while Sugar loaded her suitcase into the back. I was pleasantly surprised when she straddled my waist and smirked at me after we got in.

"You know, we've never done it in the back of a car before."

She commented as I raised my eyebrows at her suggestion and grabbed her ass.

"Wanna get your partition on?"

She nodded mischievously as she moved into leave a number of kisses along my jawline and neck causing me to let out a loud sigh in an effort not to moan. She lightly trailed her fingers along my chest and belly before dipping them below the waistline of my pants.

"All for me?"

She asked cockily when she felt how excruciatingly wet I was already. I simply nodded in response as she continued to tease my womanhood.

"Please..."

I whispered desperately, not sure how much longer I could put up with her teasing.

"Tell me what you want baby."

She ordered as she dipped a single digit inside me but taking it out just as quickly.

"I need you..."

"You need me to what?"

She asked innocently as she slid inside me again. I glared at her, causing her to halt her actions and I was forced to give in.

"I need you to fuck me."

I struggled to sound serious but I only managed to let out a breathy plea as she instantly shoved two fingers inside me, pumping hard and steady. She continued kissing me in an effort to mask my moans but I'm pretty sure Max and Sugar already caught the drift.

"Baby..."

I moaned as I felt myself clenching around her skilled fingers. I squeezed my eyes shut as I ground myself on her hand, encouraging her to go deeper.

"Open your eyes."

She ordered in a harsh whisper before nibbling on my ear. Once I willed my eyes open, I was staring right into her dark brown ones, filled with lust and love.

"I wish you could see how beautiful you are right now."

She continued as she caressed my cheek with her free hand. I felt so overwhelmed with emotion, I could only manage to pull her in for a blistering kiss as I rode out my high.

We were interrupted by a tapping at the window indicating we had most likely gotten to the hotel. Jess helped me to look less fucked and we exited the car hand in hand into a group of crazy paps.

"So Demi, since when are you down with the swirl?"

"Is that the famous Jessica you've been talking about?"

"Rumours say your family doesn't approve, is that true?"

Max created a path for us into the hotel as I held on to Jessica's hand for dear life. Sugar was busy getting her luggage from the car. I was happy I had checked in some time ago so we didn't have to spend much time in the lobby.

We didn't have much time to settle in as I had band rehearsals in about an hour or so. I just had enough time to change out of my pants and underwear that were completely and uncomfortably soaked at this point.

"Babe, do we have to go?"

Jessica whined as she changed into some flats and put her hair up in a ponytail.

"Yes, unless you want me to flop tomorrow night."

I reasoned with her and she shook like a toddler in the middle of a tantrum.

"But I'm jetlagged."

She pouted and I gave her a small kiss.

"And I'm completely fucked but It'll only be about three hours and then we'll skip dinner and eat in. Deal?"

She nodded and grabbed up her phone.

"Alright, deal."

••••

I carefully tried to ease myself from under her hold. She was a fairly light sleeper so I wasn't surprised when she tightened her hold around me and asked where I was going.

"I just need to go downstairs and talk to the band real quick. Give me a minute."

She nodded as I kissed her forehead and she used my pillow as a substitute for me. I closed the door to our bedroom and went to the main door to get the floral arrangers in.

I had previously invited them over to get a feel of what they were working with so they were in and out faster than I had anticipated.

Next were the waiters with the food I had ordered. Everything was perfect. I went back into the bedroom just in time to see her stretching. She smiled as soon as she saw me come in.

"Good, I thought I would have to come get you. Come give me a kiss."

She demanded as I walked towards the bed. As soon as I was within her reach, she pulled me on top of her by my shirt.

"Happy Valentine's Day baby."

She smiled as I hovered over her and she leaned in for a kiss.

"Come on, lets go get breakfast."

I urged after we broke the kiss and she began biting lightly on my neck. She whined but followed me into the main room anyway. Her face when she saw all the decorations was priceless. She gasped and covered her face before turning to give me a passionate kiss.

"When did you even do this?"

She asked, still in shock when we pulled away and she continued admiring the room.

"I have my ways."

I wiggled my eyebrows and she smiled and kissed me again. Everything felt so effortless and perfect with her. I led her towards the dining table where the breakfast was and we began eating.

"Oh, I almost forgot this..."

She gave me a skeptical look as I took up a jewellery box that was resting on the table. I heard her gasp again when I pulled out the diamond encrusted heartshaped necklace and moved in to put it around her neck.

"It has the date we first met inscribed in it."

I informed her as she wiped her eyes and inspected the pendant.

"16-05-08, but there's nothing after this dash..."

"That's because there's never gonna be a day that I'll stop loving you. I started loving you from the first time I ever saw you and I'm never gonna stop."

I answered and she pulled me in for another firey kiss and I felt all of what she couldn't find the right words to say.

"Now you make my gift look like a flop..."

She laughed when we finally pulled away and we rested our foreheads together.

"Oh shut up, what is it?"

I asked excitedly and she went into the bedroom and returned not too long after with a photograph in her hand.

"Remember how one day you were complaining that you never have anything to play when you're at my house?"

I remembered perfectly what she was referring to. I didn't even know she heard what I said because I was just mumbling a random thought.

"Well, I got you this..."

She nervously handed me the picture and as soon as I laid my eyes on it, I fell in love. It was of a black grand piano with gold finishes with 'Devonne' engraved in golden cursive writing.

"You got this for me?"

She nodded and I pulled her in for another kiss.

"I love it. I love it. I love it."

I continued in between each kiss before I hugged her.

"More than you love me?"

She asked with an exaggerated pout. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to tease her.

"Maybe just a little."

••••

"Sound check was great right?"

Natalie commented as we gathered in my dressing room. I had just finished wrapping up sound check and meet and greets. Jess sat in my lap as I rested a little before it was my turn to perform.

"Yeah, they asked alot of questions about you guys' relationship. It was cute."

Holly chimed in as she moved in to sit beside Natalie. It was actually weird for them at first when they found out than Jess and I were dating. Mostly due to the fact that she was introduced to them as Mar's girlfriend. Luckily they had already grown fond of her so when we had explained things to them, they were willing to adjust.

"Babe, Imma run to the bathroom real quick alright?"

Jess whispered in my ear and I nodded as she made her way into the bathroom. I turned to see Holly giving me a knowing look and I immediately knew what she was thinking.

"Stop it you perv. She's just going to the bathroom."

We continued chattering until the makeup team came in to freshen up my makeup as I had almost half an hour to be on stage.

"Hey babe, whats this?"

She returned with a small note clutched in her grip. She turned it over to me and I realized it had my name on it. I opened the envelope and quickly realized there wasn't much written on it.

'It's a pity right? All that fight for nothing.'

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Jessica conveyed the same emotion I was feeling, utter confusion. I turned to her shrugging and shaking my head.

"I-I don't-"

"You're on in ten."

Sugar interrupted my answer and I just sighed and rested the note on the glamour table.

"I guess we'll have to find out later."

Jessica looked between me and the paper a bit hesitantly but nodded anyway.

"Alright, I guess."

I reached out for her hand and we walked together to the area where the ramp would elevate unto the stage, doing vocal warmups as everyone uttered words of good luck as they passed by.

"You're on in five."

A stage manager informed me as Jess turned to me.

"You ready to go on?"

She asked while her palm met my cheek lovingly.

"No, not yet."

I was amused when I saw her beginning to worry. I hurriedly pulled her in for a kiss for her to realize what I meant.

"Now I'm ready."

She smiled as she pecked me again.

"Two minutes."

We heard someone shout from behind me and I knew it was time for me to get on the ramp.

"Fuck it up. I'll be over to the side alright?"

She squeezed my hand as I got situated on the ramp.

"I love you."

I called out just as the intro music started.

"I love you more."

She called over her shoulders as she rushed to the stage to catch my entrance.

The energy that flowed through me as soon as I appeared within the audience's view was incomparable. The amount of love that radiated throughout the stadium gave me all the more reason to give this performance my all.

It always amazed me how they knew all the words to all my songs. They never skipped a beat nor a word, even when I did. I looked over to the side of the stage and surely, Jessica was jamming out to 'Got Dynamite." It was always one of her favourites. When she noticed I was looking she winked and blew a kiss in my direction to which I responded to by winking at her as well. Needless to say, the crowd went crazy when the noticed our interaction.

Not too long after, we moved into the softer music and I suddenly began to feel anxious as the music changed into a new song that I had just written specifically for today.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand
But baby now

Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Oh baby we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are

"Well, as you all know, I'm dating the most wonderful person to ever breath oxygen, so you can all stop trying. I've never formally introduced you guys to her except through pictures on twitter and IG but she's here tonight..."

I looked toward the side of the stage and she was giving me a panicked look. She hated being on stage if she wasn't dancing.

"Babe, could you come out here for a minute?"

She shook her head but I made my way over to her anyway. She wouldn't be able to say no if I dragged her out here myself.

Once I brought her to the center of the stage, the crowd erupted into never ending cheers and just when I thought they couldn't possibly get any louder, they proved me wrong once I planted a quick kiss unto her lips.

"I remember the first day I've ever laid eyes on you, I thought 'fuck, that girl is so hot'..."

I turned to see Jessica laughing along with the crowd and covering her face, trying to hide her blush.

"And the first time I spoke you I thought 'I really want to be her friend', the more I knew you as I friend, I started to think 'I really want her to be my girlfriend' and the more I grew to love you as my girlfriend I thought-"

I was interrupted by some commotion coming from the lower right section of the crowd. All the events following were a blur. I felt Max haul me off the stage as a few loud explosions sounded throughout the venue. The crowd quickly dispersed like ants seeking shelter from the rain.

"Who has Jess?"

I questioned when I realized that both Max and Sugar were in the same section that I was. Panic quickly crept in once I saw their faces contort in confusion.

"Where is she? Who took her off the stage?"

I yelled much more aggressively yet not lingering in search of a response as I pushed past them towards the stage. I consciously ignored their efforts of getting me to stay backstage.

"Jess!"

I screamed when I saw her still standing on the stage. I ran over to her as quickly as I could and pulled her in for a hug.

"Why didn't you get off the stage you weirdo?"

She didn't respond and in that moment I noticed that something was soaking through my shirt. I pushed her away a bit and noticed that her shirt was soaked through as well....with blood.

She collapsed weakly against me and I had to ease her unto the floor. Her breathing was uneven and she was struggling to speak.

There was no stopping the tears that cascaded my face when I pieced together what had happened. She got shot.

"Baby, stay with me..."

I, too was struggling to find the right words.

"...you cant leave me Jess. I was gonna propose tonight."

I finally confessed and she smiled weakly at me and responded.

"Then what's stopping you?"

She questioned and I pulled the velvet box from the pocket of my leather jacket. I wanted to keep her as attentive and consious as possible.

"Jessica Analisa Wessley, will you do me the honour of finally becoming my wife?"

I saw a tear escape her eye as she nodded in response and I slipped the diamond engagement ring unto her trembling finger. She soon reached up to caress my cheek and wiping away as many tears as she could.

"You're so beautiful, I love you. I don't tell you as much as I should but..."

She started struggling with her breathing again and I found myself beginning to wonder where the paramedics were.

"Shhh, baby I know. I love you too."

I reassured her through my own tears. This can't be how it's supposed to end. It can't.

"If I don't make it, do remember what I always say?"

I nodded and I repeated the words that had comforted me so many times in the past.

"If we're supposed to be together, we will be together."

"When?"

"In this life or the next."

She nodded and I realized how cold her fingers were becoming when she caressed my cheek again.

"And I don't think I'm going to make it..."

I started sobbing at her implications and I could feel her struggling to hold my hand tighter in an attempt to comfort me.

"I don't want you to cry. I just want you to remember that what we have is special and that Ill be waiting for you on the other side."

She slowly started to drift in and out of consciousness and I shook her slightly.

"Jess, I need you to stay with me. Don't leave me...please."

I struggled through my tears and I realized she now had a steady flow of tears streaming down her own face.

"I don't want to sweetheart but I'm so tired. Can you sing to me?"

I complied by doing the best version of My love is like a star that I could manage to get out through my tears and irregular breathing.

"Babe, I can't hold on much longer..."

I shook my head erratically, not willing to accept the fact that she might leave me in the moment I needed her the most.

"No you can't..."

She looked up and gave me one last flash of that smile I've grown to not be able to live without.

"I love you..."

I panicked when I saw that the glimmer in her eyes were starting to fade bit by bit.

"No Jess..."

"I'm sorry..."

She muttered just as the paramedics shoved me out of the way and focused on keeping he conscious. Soon needing to rush her to the hospital after their attempts only proved futile.

"Can I ride with her?"

I asked in a haze, still not fully processing all the prior events. None of the medical personnel paid the slightest bit of attention to me as they loaded her into the ambulance and drove off as I stood still, gazing long after the vehicle disappeared from view.

"Demi get in the car."

I felt Natalie pull me inside of the car and we began our own trip to the hospital they were taking Jess to.

"Where's my cell?"

I asked, realizing I needed to get Susan and Jazz here as well. After Holly handed me my phone, she handed me a note in the same instant. This time I knew the handwriting all too well.

'My condolences.
-ps Happy Valentines Day
Love, Mom'

That was it! The grand finale! Did you guys like it or was it disappointing? Will Jess die? Will Dianna go to hell? Will we find out in a sequel? Maybe. Xoxo JessWess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 116 57
In 2010, at the age of 18, Demi found out she was pregnant. Scared, but with the support of her boyfriend Wilmer, she decided to keep the baby. Or wh...
13.1K 344 9
Love Affairs are all fun and games until someone gets hurt. *This story is rated M*
51.2K 1.7K 37
Bullying makes her leave her hometown and start a new life. She takes this opportunity to try to fit in but is she going to make the right friends? A...
55K 1.1K 68
Alexis Grace Lovato is your typical fourteen year old girl, besides having a famous singer as her Mom. Demi stopped working when Alexis, or Alex, was...