serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE

TWENTY THREE

11.4K 399 158
By chlorinestoken

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Black Lake had always been pretty during the spring, in Genevieve's opinion. Peaceful would be the proper word to describe it. With the trees coated in various shades of green rustling around her and the sound of rocks being skipped across the lake, she felt almost relaxed. If her hair wasn't being tugged at in every possible direction, she could have fallen asleep even.

Genevieve's head was rested snugly in Bradley's crossed legs, him braiding her hair while she soaked in the mid-day suns heat. Toby stood by the lake with his sleeves rolled up, skipping rocks and grinning every time he would beat his score.

"Now put the third bit over the second- ouch!" Genevieve hissed as Bradley pulled a little too hard on a lock of hair.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," Bradley apologised for what must have been the fourth time within a minute.

"No need to apologise," She smiled up at him and patted his knee.

"How do you girls do stuff like this every day? My fingers have cramps," he asked while trying to figure out which bit of hair to cross over next.

Genevieve shrugged and watched as  a leaf spun graciously towards the ground, "You get used to it. Beauty is pain, good sir."

Bradley frowned and shook his head, "I hate that expression."

"What? That beauty is pain?"

He nodded. "Nobody should go through pain to be beautiful. Everyone is effortlessly beautiful, but it's a shame not everyone can see it."

Genevieve smiled softly and hummed in agreement. If she was able to see the world through someone else's point of view for a day, she would without a doubt choose Bradley's mindset.

"And I'm guessing you find some more beautiful than others?" She asked, although it was more of a statement as she discreetly glanced over at Toby.

Bradley watched as the boy continued skipping rocks, blissfully unaware of the conversation they were having. "Yeah," he whispered before shaking himself out of his trance.

"I think Remus Lupin finds you more beautiful than others," Bradley added sneakily, watching subtly for her reaction.

"Well I am pretty beautiful," Genevieve pointed out and forced back down the heat in her cheeks.

Bradley internally buzzed as he caught his friends blush that she was trying so desperately to get rid off. "Indeed you are, m'lady."

Toby decided to ditch skipping rocks and joined the other two, laying on his stomach next to Genevieve. "What are we talking about?"

"How beautiful I am," Genevieve answered with a grin.

Toby raised an eyebrow and scanned her over intently. "No...no I don't see any beauty," he stated casually.

"Get yourself some glasses then- ow," Genevieve winced as Bradley accidentally tugged too hard on a strand of hair.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'm not doing this on purpose," Bradley apologised once more.

"As long as my hair looks amazing then I'm not fussed," she waved him off.

Toby sat up onto his elbow and peered at the braid Bradley had been so focused on doing. It seemed to zigzag across her head instead of head straight down and certain parts of hair stuck out like sore thumbs. "It certainly looks..."

"Like shit," Bradley finished for him.

"Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect, I'm sure you tried your hardest," Genevieve reassured him and sent a scowl towards Toby.

"I could decorate it with loads of pretty flowers," Bradley perked up excitedly while finishing the ends of her hair with a beaded clip.

Genevieve smiled at the suggestion and raised her head from his lap. "Go my friend, release your inner Disney Princess and go picking for flowers in the woods," she declared dramatically, to which Toby snorted.

"As you wish, m'lady," Bradley bowed just as dramatically before skipping, literally skipping, away to go find some flowers.

"Why do you two talk to each other like that?" Toby asked her, flipping onto his back and placing his hands behind his head.

"Like what?"

Toby cleared his throat and said in an exaggerated high-pitched voice that made Genevieve's ears ring, "Hello, good sir," he then lowered it into a much deeper voice and attempted an irish accent that came out awfully, "Hello, m'lady."

Genevieve scoffed and rolled her eyes to the sky, "Our voices sound nothing like that."

"Uh, yes they do."

"So Bradley sounds like he smokes twenty packs a day?" Genevieve raised a challenging eyebrow.

Toby rolled his eyes, "We're going off topic here."

Genevieve shrugged and looked over at him, "I dunno how it started. He just calls me m'lady so I call him good sir. It's more of a nickname type thing."

Toby huffed and jutted his bottom lip out. "I've never gotten a nickname from him," he pouted playfully.

"I thought his nickname for you was 'best friend who secretly fancies me'."

Toby's eyes widened as he choked on his own air and bolted upright, clutching at his throat with both his hands as he heaved for breath.

Genevieve cackled with laughter, back arched off the ground while watching her friends reaction. She would have patted him on the back to relieve him of his choking fit but whenever she moved to sit up her own laughter weighed her back down.

"What's going on?" Bradley's confused voice asked as he stood with an assortment of freshly picked flowers ranging in colours.

"Nothing," Toby managed to stammer out, regaining his ability to breath.

Genevieve sent him a sly wink before letting Bradley decorate her hair.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"How long did you say he's been like this again?" Genevieve asked, turning to face James from the side of her as they both laid on their stomachs underneath his blanket.

"Four hours," James sighed, squinting his eyes at the werewolf.

Genevieve watched in concern from James's bed as Remus studied profusely at his small desk, not acknowledging anyone else in the room. He was hell-bent on receiving amazing O.W.L grades, which meant he was constantly overworking and tiring himself out.

James pried himself away from his own bed and went over to Remus, snapping his fingers in front of his face. "Stop bloody studying. It's getting unhealthy for you."

Genevieve couldn't help but smirk as she watched the motherly side come out of James. After watching him try to peel Remus away from his studying (and failing), Genevieve decided it was her time to try.

She walked over towards the boy and placed herself behind his chair, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Remus."

He hummed in reply, his hazelnut eyes still not leaving the text in front of him.

"Put the book away," Genevieve instructed him, pulling his hands away from the book and slamming it shut.

"I need to revise, Gen," Remus insisted, starting to open the book again but James had already snatched it away.

"No book for you," James smirked and held it high in the air, hoping the boy wouldn't reach it.

Remus stood up with a cocky grin and grabbed the book easily. Genevieve huffed and grabbed her wand from James's bed, pointing it at the book in his hands.

"Accio Book," She recited, only to have the book go flying and hit her straight in the middle of her forehead, leaving a red mark as if to say 'bullseye'.

"That hurt," Genevieve frowned and rubbed the spot on her forehead while bending down to get the book, silently cursing it.

"Gen, can I just have it back?" Remus asked, his hand outstretched willingly.

Genevieve looked the boy up and down, raising an eyebrow at him. Not only were the bags underneath his eyes a vibrant shade of purple, but his hair was possibly the messiest she had ever seen it and he was wearing the same sweater and joggers as yesterday - something very unusual for Remus's neat and tidy self.

"No," Genevieve sing-songed, offering her best toothy grin she could muster.

"But I really need-"

"To study so I can get good grades on my OWLs and blah blah blah," James carried on for him in an obnoxiously high pitched voice.

Remus rolled his eyes, quite clearly annoyed and walked over to his bed, wrapping himself up in the many blankets he kept and turned on his side so he couldn't see either of them.

James and Genevieve shared a look.

The girl walked over and laid herself down next to Remus, wrapping her arms around him and resting her chin on his shoulder again. "You know we mean well for you, right?"

Remus stayed silent.

"We don't like it when you overwork yourself," she took his silence as an invitation to keep talking.

She glanced over at James when she caught him trying to signal something, reading the words "full moon soon" from his mouth.

Remus sighed and murmured quietly, "I know."

James joined the hug, laying down on the over side of Genevieve so she was sandwiched between the two boys. It was a little cramped for her but she didn't mind.

"This is like a spoon train," James perked up.

"Don't ruin the moment," Genevieve warned him, but he completely ignored her.

"I mean look at us, all cozy and snuggled up together," he cooed.

"Yep, you've ruined it," Genevieve nodded and wriggled out of James grip, releasing her own on Remus, which made the werewolf secretly frown.

She walked over to Sirius's side of the room, unfolding the seemingly normal piece of parchment on his bedside table. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good," she muttered.

"What are you doing?" Remus asked.

"I'm trying to see where both Peter and Sirius are, they're usually here," her eyes skimming over the footprints that wandered around the castle.

Sirius's name appeared in a broom cupboard, and he wasn't alone. It seemed like he was next to some random girl who she had never met before, and it didn't take a genius to put two and two together.

"Sirius has gone for a late night shag," She informed them both, earning a round of applause from James and even though Genevieve couldn't see she already knew that Remus rolled his eyes.

She flipped the parchment and let her eyes guide her towards the kitchens, where surely enough Peter was stood. "And Peter is eating, how lovely."

"I can't believe that they would ditch us," James grumbled and rolled off Remus's bed, making his way to his own.

"I can. We are really annoying sometimes," Genevieve shrugged, placing the parchment back onto Sirius's bedside table.

"I'm not annoying," James scoffed.

"Yes, you are," Both Remus and Genevieve monotoned simultaneously, causing them to exchange a smile.

"Why are you both ganging up on me?"

"We're not, just stating facts," Gen smiled sweetly.

Before an offended James could reply, the dormitory door swung open with force, revealing Sirius who swaggered in confidently, his ego practically radiating off him.

"Fun evening?" Remus asked, sitting up in his bed and raising his eyebrows.

Sirius shrugged nonchalantly, making his way over to his bed, "Pretty average."

Genevieve snorted and dragged the boy back to her by his t-shirt, holding his hair up and tugging his collar downwards. "The love-bites on your neck say differently."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sirius grinned, forcing himself out of Genevieves grip and falling back onto his bed, "They're just bruises."

"Sure," James nodded, "Just like last weeks set of bruises on your neck aswell?"

Remus raised his eyebrows and shook his head in remembrance, whereas Gen gaped at the boy, her eyes wide and jaw dropped.

"Last weeks?" She asked.

Sirius didn't bother trying to hide the smirk that embedded his face.

"Merlin Siri, you're switching girls more than you switch your own socks," Gen tutted and leaned on his bedpost.

"What can I say, the ladies love me," he dramatised, earning an eye roll from all the others.

If anything, Genevieve felt bad for Sirius's fan club as she knew for a fact he would never properly settle into a relationship while at Hogwarts. He was more of a one night only type of person, and most girls seemed to think they actually stood a chance when in reality he really didn't want to commit to anything just yet.

"I could tell you all the details, if you would like."

Genevieve had bolted from the room before words could even leave his mouth.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

A/N: 10.6K READERS AHH! ILY ALL <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 2.3K 58
Golden child, Lion boy; Tell me what it's like to conquer. Fearless child, Broken boy; Tell me what it's like to burn.
10.5K 256 20
In which Sophia Parker never thought she would fall for the infamous Sirius Black. Ever since fourth year, Sirius Black had been trying to get Sophia...
34.9K 1K 30
Remus's long time crush finds out about his furry little secret (thanks to James and Sirius being shit at sending mail) and now he's forced to actual...
94.6K 4.1K 55
✩Marlene Mckinnon Fanfiction✩ ✩Marauders Era✩ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ᴅᴏʀᴋʏ ᴅᴏʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sɪɴғᴜʟ, ʀᴇᴅ ʟɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ, ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ ᴏғ...