The Barrier - Tom Marvolo Rid...

By josephinev4

She saw it coming. All of it. #4 in fanfiction (April 2021) #2 in tomriddle (March 2021) #1 in tom (March 202... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47 (End)

44

2.5K 71 12
By josephinev4

She packed her bags for Albania. 

Silver's dreading this trip, she'll have to stop Tom from getting the diadem. By pretending to help him. 

She grabbed her briefcase and went out of the common room. Her friends were already outside. She told her friends she'd be going on a trip with her family to Albania. They all believed her.

The four friends got onto the train and went to find an empty compartment. They found one and went inside. Silver looked out of the door and saw Tom walk by, giving her a look. Silver excused herself and got out of the compartment, looking for the Knights. 

She finally found them and went inside the compartment.

Lana and Druella was there. Druella hadn't been mocking or pestering her lately. Is she thankful that Silver took her punishment? She should be. 

It was packed inside the compartment. Nott was sitting on the floor because there was no more room. Silver sat down beside him.

"So, as all of you know, Silver and I will head to Albania to retrieve the diadem of Ravenclaw." 

Lana rolled her eyes at Silver. 

"While we're gone, I want you all to find more information and give it to me when we get back." They all nodded. Silver sighed.

She said goodbye to her friends, she and Tom were going to get to a portkey to arrive in Albania. 

The portkey was quite far away. Her friends hugged her and boarded off. Silver sighed. She was all alone in her compartment. She stood up and walked over to Tom's. Silver slid the door open. Tom was reading a book. He looked up at her and sighed. Silver groaned and sat down in front of him.

"How much longer?"

Tom didn't look up. "About 3." Silver groaned again. She laid her head on the wall and stared outside.

"Come here."

Silver snapped her head up. Tom was still looking down at his book, but his hand gestured to the seat beside him. Silver raised an eyebrow and walked over to him. 

She sat down and glanced at his book. He was reading about myths. She sighed and pulled her knees up.

Her body was shaken awake. Silver jumped. Tom scoffed.

"We're here."

Silver stretched and stood up, she grabbed all her things and followed Tom out.

They got inside a pub for some reason. Silver just followed Tom, not wanting to get lost. 

"Why are we here?" she whispered to him. Silver looked around. People here were clearly out of it. 

Tom glanced at her. "For the Portkey." 

Silver scrunched her eyebrows. "Where is it then?" 

She bumped into a guy and immediately said sorry. He growled at her and roughly bumped into her shoulder. Silver winced. Tom sighed and pulled her by the wrist.

They got to the back of the pub and saw some random man sitting on the ground. Tom cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the man. He looked up and chugged on his beer. 

"What?" He asked rudely. 

"We're here for the portkey." Tom threw 2 galleons to the man and he gestured them to the clay pot sitting beside him. Tom pulled her to him and touched the pot.

They were spinning. 

Felt like she was going through the Barrier's portal. 

A few seconds later she landed on the ground. 

Silver took a deep breath and held on to Tom's arm. He was looking just fine. 

Silver looked around. In front of them were some houses and pubs. She guessed they were in a pretty remote part of the country. Tom took a quick glance at Silver and pulled her along. They walked for a few minutes until Tom stopped in front of a small hotel and walked in. He reserved a room for them.

They walked into their room. There were two beds and a small table in between the beds. They had a small bathroom and a window on the side. 

Silver sat down on one of the beds. "So what are we going to do?" 

Tom closed the curtains. "We locate the location of the diadem, the place you saw in your vision." Silver shrugged. "Well I still don't know where it is exactly." 

Tom sat on the other bed. "It's in a forest nearby." Silver raised an eyebrow. "Helena told you this?" He nodded and got a map out.

Silver got bored and hungry after a few hours of pestering Tom. "I'm fucking hungry." Tom rolled his eyes. "Your hunger can wait." 

Tom was so focused on finding the place of the diadem. Silver groaned and got some candy from her bag. Night came and she slept with a hungry stomach.

The next morning she woke up and saw Tom asleep on his bed. 

She walked over to his bed and looked down at him. Silver snorted, she could kill the boy right now. Could she? No one knows she was here with Tom except for a few people from the pubs and hotel. But of course, there are his horcruxes.

Suddenly, Tom opened his eyes. Silver jumped back. Tom sat up, looking quite tousled. Silver crossed her arms and walked to the bathroom for a shower. Tom took a shower too after her and they headed out.

"So you've found the forest?" She asked him. Tom looked tired. "Yes, I have." Silver exhaled. 

Tom pulled her along, out of the hotel. Tom stopped and apparated. Silver shrieked when she felt the spinning sensation again without any warning. 

She landed on the ground and felt like vomiting. "Can't you warn me first!?"

Tom was too busy looking around. Silver saw trees everywhere. They're in the middle of a forest. Not just any forest, THE forest, where the diadem is. Silver inwardly groaned.

They walked and walked for the whole day. Silver had not eaten, and she's starving. 

Silver kept complaining, making Tom angry at her. He ignored her and kept walking until the forest had gone dark and gloomy.

"This shit's so terrifying and-" 

Tom got something out from his briefcase and let it fall to the forest floor. It started unfolding on its own, a tent. 

Silver scoffed. "Don't tell me-"

"We're spending the night." Tom walked inside. Silver followed, still angry and hungry. 

The inside of the tent was quite large. Silver marveled at the whole thing. She sat on a table, Tom suddenly shoved something to her. Silver looked down and realized it was a bowl. Silver looked at him, not knowing what she should do with an empty bowl. Tom glared at her, she let out an 'oh'. 

Silver got out her wand and filled the bowl with soup. She slurped it down. Tom just ate some snacks that he kept with him.

Eventually, the two tried to get some sleep.

Silver rolled to the left. Tom was fast asleep. She gulped and sat up.

Okay, let's get the diadem.

I'll lead the way. Be careful.

Silver casted a silencing charm on herself, careful not to wake Tom up. He can't know, obviously. 

Silver bit her cheek and got off from the bed. She tiptoed outside, it was dark, she can barely see anything. It was cold too. 

Silver shuddered, she really didn't want to go, but she knew she had to. She lit her wand and walked for a while, until Neyda stopped her.

Look at your right.

Silver looked to the right and saw a little cottage. She let out a shaky breath.

Is it in there?

Yeah. This is fucking scary.

Silver held her wand very tightly and slowly walked to the cottage. She took a deep breath and opened the rusty door of the cottage. It let out a loud shriek, Silver peeked inside, it was empty and moss were everywhere. 

Silver got in, she was shaking, scared as fuck. She looked around, using her wand so she can see. There wasn't much in there. Just a worn out couch with webs on it, a very dusty and moldy bed, and some empty shelves. 

How could the diadem be in here? In this dirty, torn place?

Neyda told her that this was where Helena lived, when she was running away from her mother, with the diadem. Helena eventually had to go, but she can't risk bringing the diadem because it held too much value. 

So she did the only thing in her mind, she hid it, somewhere inside this cramped cottage. 

Silver once again scanned the whole room. 

She looked under the couch and the bed, nothing.

Maybe there's like a secret storage?

She started pressing on the walls, trying to open a secret chamber or something, muttering random spells. None worked. 

She groaned and stomped on the rotten floor. A rumble was heard. Silver jumped. There was a hole on the ground, and a chest was inside that fit snuggly in the hole. 

Silver inhaled. She crotched down and slowly picked up the chest. She opened it but it was locked, Silver muttered alohomora and it clicked open. Silver mentally prepared herself.

Inside was the most beautiful piece she has ever seen. 

The diadem was shiny, and looked like it had never been touched before. Silver let out a cry of relief and jumped up. 

She fucking found it.

Before Tom. 

Wow.

Silver took one last look at the diadem and closed the chest. She must hide it from Tom, she can't let Tom infiltrate this wonderful object with his ugly, rotten soul. 

Silver stepped out of the cottage. She took a deep breath. 

She took a step forward, a cough was heard. 

She froze and snapped her head to the source of the sound.

Fuck.

Shit.

It was Tom.

He was standing there, smirking, all smug. Silver gaped.

"Give me the diadem, Silver."

Silver put the chest behind her back and shook her head. 

"I can't."

Tom scoffed. "We came here so that I can retrieve the diadem, not you, darling." 

Tom walked forward to her and Silver moved backwards. She stumbled and fell on her butt. Tom let out a dark laugh and looked down at her. He pushed his hand out. 

"Give it."

Silver felt her eyes watering. "I can't give it to you." 

Tom kneeled down in front of her. "And why is that?" He had an amused expression on his face, feeding off Silver's fear. 

"Because you'll use it for your horcrux, and I can't let that." Tom raised an eyebrow. "Me living forever does not concern you, Silver." Silver let out a cry of frustration. "You'll cause destruction everywhere! It concerns me and It concerns the whole world!" She yelled out, her screams echoing across the trees. Tom clenched his jaw.

"I'm only doing what's right."

Silver looked down. "You'll die anyway Tom, you'll die. I saw it, we both did."

Tom let out a growl.

"I won't."

Silver looked back up at him. "Does it not concern you? Why would you live a life full of anger and misery? Even if you did live forever you'll be all alone! Why are you doing this to yourself?!" 

Tom opened his mouth, about to shoot her with his sharp and witty words once more, but she cut him off before he even started. "Don't do this, I just wish good for you!"

Tom laughed.

He laughed at her. Fucking laughed at her. 

"My, my, how could someone be this naïve and innocent?" Tom brought his hand to her face and tucked a strand of hair behind Silver's ear. Silver slapped his hand off. 

"You don't even know a quarter of the things I've seen and know." She gritted out. "You lose, Tom, you do."

Tom has had enough of their talking. 

He grabbed Silver and tried to reach for the chest behind her. She jumped and ran away from him. Tom groaned and chased after her. 

He pointed his wand at her running figure. She suddenly stopped running and fell to the ground. Silver screamed. She writhed at the ground. 

Tom calmly walked over to Silver. Silver sobbed and yelled for him to stop. Tom just stood there and stared. The chest had rolled out of Silver's hand. Tom stared at it and kneeled down to get it. He opened the chest, pretending like he's deaf to all of Silver's pleas and screams of pain. Tom's eyes gleamed at the diadem before him. He let out a victorious laugh.

Tom stood up and looked down at Silver. He finally stopped his torture. Silver took a deep breath, she looked like a mess. Her hair was everywhere sprawled on the muddy ground, her cheeks were wet with tears, and her body was twitching and shaking. Tom scoffed.

"I hope you'll finally learn your lesson, Silver."

And just like that, he left her on the forest floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 2.5K 39
UNEDITED, i wrote this years ago As said, love is most powerful magic in the world, which means that the power of love can even melt the ice on top...
322K 12.9K 68
❝𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴. ❞ -𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘚𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 ↳𝘪�...
286K 11.3K 24
BOOK ONE OF THE MARAUDER ERA SERIES - "Most love stories end in a tragedy, you know." "Not this one." - started march 8, 2021 completed march 15, 2021
664K 25.5K 64
A girl who is dangerously lionhearted knows there's something twisted about the boy everyone else loves A boy who can't help but make all the wrong...