Villain with a Heart (Todorok...

By Prickle_Prackle

•Soulmate! and Villain! AU• (Follows manga timeline but I change some things! It also focuses more on Midoryi... More

A New Beginning
All Might's head
A Boy Named Shoto Todoroki
Times Change And So Do People
Journal No.14
Rescue
Man With the Blue Hair
Burnt Roses
Paranoia
Villain with a Heart
Soulmate Mark
Unexpected Visitor
Class 1-A
"Lord Of The Flies"
Ochako Uraraka
Lunch Buddies
Vulnerable Boy
Portraits
USJ Incident (1/2)
USJ Incident (2/2)
After the incident
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!!
Movie Marathons and Uber Drivers
Boba Tea
A l o n e
Stalker
The Box
Safe House
-Lullaby For A Newfound Crush-
UA Sports Festival 1/3
UA Sports Festival 2/3
UA Sports Festival 3/3
Confrontation
Teal Eyes
Hero Names
Pro Hero: "Magi"
Hero Killer: "Stain"
Hand Crusher
Toga and Dabi
Gone.
Glowing Eyes
His Voice
Muscular
Marbled Students
The Cleaning
Overhaul
Candy Apples And Art
Grand Theft Auto 2.0
Doctor
Declaration of War
Himiko Toga and Twice
Memory Rooms
Suspicions
I Pass Out Too Much
First Snowfall
Warm Embrace
Chocolate Strawberries
Call
New Room
Traitor
Where You Go, I Go
Hydrangeas
Family
Hawks
Third Hostage
No Time For Grief
Lovers Entwined
Goodbye
Epilogue

Too Many Close Calls

1.5K 101 169
By Prickle_Prackle

Izuku, quite startled by the sudden atmosphere, just backed up slightly. All the heroes were on high alert, sizing him up from time-to-time. Eraser seemed suspicious of Izuku's actions since he had gotten back to UA, which only put him on slightly higher alert than before. The four Wild Wild Pussycat members weren't in much high alert, but if push came to shove, they would have a high ground here. He especially had to be cautious of Mandalay's quirk, one wrong thought and it was over near her.

"I told you! I told you!" The raven haired kid sang, taunting his caretakers. "I told you he was real!~"

"I'm rather confused...?" Izuku stated apologetically, looking up at the adults awkwardly. "What happened, exactly?"

Pixie-Bob picked up Kota's sketchbook and put it up, looking back and forth between the freckled teen and the poor crayon sketch of what was presumed to be Kota's imaginary friend. "I can sort of see a similarity..." She mumbled.

Eri walked over, hugging her big brother's leg tightly, feeling slightly worried for him.

"Anything to say, Midoriya Izuku?" Aizawa quirked a brow, feeling more suspicious of the teen since he got back.

"No...? I have no idea what's even going on." He sighed. Todoroki placed his hand on Izuku's shoulder in a way he felt would be of some comfort to the other, which received a smile back from the greenette.

Izuku controlled his thoughts to seem confused to the hero who had her quirk activated. It would've been impossible for anyone to notice if it was activated or not, but Izuku is always too quick to think and act.

"He's telling the truth as far as I can tell." The brunette said apologetically. She walked up to Izuku and bowed before attempting to pry Kota away though he thrashed and kept denying what Mandalay kept saying.

"No! No! He's real! I swear it!" He cried. "Please believe me!"

Eri frowned, hesitantly walking over to him and pulling on the back of his dark shirt. "Izu-nii is a hero... you're right... he saved my life too!" She smiled shyly, pointing at herself.

Kota gave her a weak smile, thanking her for her attempt to cheer him up.

They walked away to talk leaving the rest of them in the room with an awkwardly atmosphere.

"I'll um..." The greenette pointed to the stairs nervously with his thumb. "I-I'll just go to my room...?"

Aizawa nodded before the other departed, leaving his boyfriend standing awkwardly with the rest of the heroes.

Izuku walked down the hall, nearing his room before bumping into a muscular figure. "A-Ah! I'm so sorry!" He apologized, bowing his body, not daring to look the other in the eye.

The other grunted in annoyance and pushed past before stopping a few feet away. "Stupid nerd." The male grit his teeth.

"Bakugo?" Izuku looked up at the other, realized who he'd bumped into, with a confused expression before shrugging it off.

The name caused the other to spin and stare at the shorter male. "What?"

"Nothing." Midoryia sighed, a ping of anger coursing through his body. "Nothing at all." He glared before walking away.

Bakugo came over angrily and stopped Midoryia in his tracks by grabbing onto his shoulder and spinning him around forcefully, clutching the neck of the boy's shirt in his fist.

"What do you want Bakugo?" Midoryia asked slightly vexed at the gesture.

"What the hell is wrong with you??!" The ash-blond squinted his eyes, trying to analyze the freckled teen being pulled up by the collar of his shirt.

"What?" Gaped Izuku; who was quite done with the conversation already. "Just leave me the hell alone, Bakugo." He angrily slapped the fist away from his shirt, leaving the neck to be slightly stretched out more.

He kept trying to walk away from the ash-blond, but the other wouldn't let him go in peace.

"We need to talk." He huffed angrily, crossing his arms over his chest.

"About what, Bakugo?!!" The greenette threw his hands up. "About what?" He glared. "Oh! Oh! Maybe about the way you told me to off myself back in middle school??" He listed off, using each finger. "Oh! Or maybe the time you left me to die in the League's hideout??"

"Deku..." The other tried to speak.

"SHUT! UP!" He yelled. "I AM TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT!! All I ever wanted..." He choked back tears. "All I ever wanted was to be your friend..." Izuku confessed, looking at the ground with balled-up fists as tears threatened to fall down his face.

"...What..?" Bakugo's eyes widened in shock as he looked at the teen in front of him. He smiled nervously, unknowing of what to do or how to act, though he usually acted calmly and rationally even with his tough and angry demeanor.

"YOU HEARD ME!!" He wiped his tears away with his arm. "I never knew why you hated me this much." Izuku chuckled, sniffling slightly. "I never did anything wrong..."

"Or at least I think...." He confessed. Looking up, his emerald-green eyes met with wine-red ones. "Can you at least tell me?"

"Tell you what?" Bakugo asked, dropping his tone and voice slightly.

"Why you hated me so much? Why you hurt me beyond repair?" He smiled. "So much for being a hero, am I right?"

Bakugo opened his mouth to speak, but looking at the shorter boy's fragile and broken body language, he closed it and looked away, feeling guilt overcome him.

"That's what I thought." Izuku frowned, walking away with a hand gripping the other arm, almost as if he were walking in a balled-up position.

Alone.

All to himself again.

Midoryia felt good to have spoken out against Bakugo. He felt as if a weight had lifted up from his shoulders so now he could breathe better than ever before.

He walked back to his room to finish unpacking the last few boxes left to finish decorating their room. Eri had come in to help much earlier in the day, but he really didn't want to bother her.

With a sigh, he got to work, but not long after he tired out. He was too mentally exhausted and just wanted some sleep, but there were no blankets or covers on the bed as of yet.

"Ughh..." He huffed, walking over to Todoroki's room. He knocked a couple of times before hearing shuffling from the other side.

The door opened with a slight creaking as a dual-haired male peeked through the gap between the door and the wall. "Izuku?" He opened the door fully. "Do you need something?" He asked.

"Can I take a quick nap...here...?" The boy said tiredly.

Shoto nodded, letting the sleepy greenette walk inside and flop onto the neatly-made bed.

"Why not use your own bed? Did they bot give you one?"

"No blankets." He replied bluntly, face against the soft mattress.

"Oh." His boyfriend said, walking towards him and sitting on the edge of his own bed. "What about Eri?"

"Kota..." He replied.

"Will she sleep here too?"

"Girls..."

"Fair enough." Todoroki got up and took the opportunity to change into more comfortable clothing since Izuku wasn't looking, but rather starting to slightly snore.

The taller then slowly moved towards the strangely positioned male and held him close in his arms. He came up from behind and pushed the shorter boy's figure against his chest, liking the warmth emitting from him.

He snuggled his face in the crook of Izuku's neck, taking-in the scent he loved so much of lavender. The green curls moved slightly with his breath, slightly amusing the other.

He was deeply in love with Izuku Midoryia and he didn't know what to do.

Shoto was always afraid that he would somehow fuck it up and ruin the close relationship between him and Izuku, making it somehow unrepairable; so he treated the relationship as if it were like glass.

Izuku started mumbling random incoherent words in his sleep, which Todoroki tried to decipher every time he did. The freckled boy did so many things that amused and drew-in the dual-haired boy.

From his sleep talking, the way he brightly smiled when he got happy or excited even in the slightest, the way he puffed his cheeks when concentrating, or even the way he taps his fingers along to any song.

He was mesmerizing to Shoto, but he felt as if he, himself, didn't bring anything to the table.

He felt as if he was boring, too stoic, unfriendly, annoying, unloving, unromantic, stupid, dumb, or other things. He was all that Izuku was not.

Unbeknownst to him, Izuku loved everything about him. From the way he spoke so bluntly it was hard to understand his true feelings until he finally figured him out, the way he's unpredictable with his actions or words, the way he smiles sometimes which are a rare beauty to behold, or even the way everything around always made him look so handsome it took his breath away.

They were meant to be.

Always forever.

Even if the world tries to stop them, they'll never stop loving eachother, which only proves their love to be so strong.

Izuku flipped around in his sleep, digging his face onto Todoroki's chest with a smile. Stunned, Shoto didn't know what to do but he relaxed into the feeling of being loved.

He stared down at the boy's face, admiring his features as he usually does when he gets the chance. With his index finger he began to gently trace the other's freckles as if they were from a page of connect-the-dots. Izuku had so many freckles he wished he could kiss one by one.

As he traced around, he formed little shapes and constellations they had shown eachother at some point. He caressed the boy's face gently and lovingly before placing a kiss on his forehead, pulling the other close and falling asleep with a smile on his face.

Both slept peacefully in eachother's embrace.

~

The next morning Shoto woke up tangled with the other boy who was still snoring away. He tried shifting around to losen the other's grip around his own body, but ended up futile.

He laid there for a few more minutes until Izuku finally woke up, rubbing his eyes groggily before stretching his arms. Todoroki noted how he reminded him of a cat.

Izuku looked around the room before looking at his phone that sat in his pocket. "IT'S MORNING ALREADY?!?" He exclaimed, all his sleepiness fading instantly. He removed the blankets from his body, quickly getting cold from the sudden change in temperature and ran around trying to fix his mop of hair in front of a mirror.

"Good morning Izuku." Todoroki said, still on the bed trying to fight the sleep from taking over once again.

"Don't we have school today?!?" Izuku asked frantically.

"No. It's a Saturday." He replied bluntly.

Izuku stopped in his tracks mentally scolding himself for being so stupid. "Ughhh...!" He groaned, walking back to the bed and throwing himself on it. "I'm sorry." He apologized with a muffled voice due to his face pressing against the mattress.

Todoroki nodded briefly before getting up. "Want breakfast?" He pointed at the door. "Eri must be waiting for us."

"Eri!" The greenette jumped up, and out of the bed almost instantly, making Todoroki smile. He really admired his care and love towards the little girl; it was enough to become actual family.

They walked downstairs and sat on the unoccupied table. It was currently around ten in the morning and most students were walking around in their pajamas drinking coffee or tea and doing whatever they wanted.

The duo served themselves the leftovers for breakfast Sato most likely made earlier in the day.

"Oh! Izuku! Todoroki!" Ochaco walked over with a smile. "Good morning!"

"Good morning Ochaco!" Izuku smiled, still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Todoroki simply nodded as a greeting.

"Eri slept over with me and a few of the other girls last night. We had a small sleepover with her since she asked if we could have one. She's so cute!" She complimented. "Man! I wish I had her as my little sister." She pouted.

"She's quite a catch!" Izuku laughed. "She sees you all as good friends and if you get closer to her, maybe even family."

"How long have you known Eri for, anyways?" Uraraka took a seat at the table where both teens sat at.

Izuku paused in thought, not quite sure how long. "Maybe around a few months or more..." he stated.

"Wow!" The brunette gushed.

"Yeah! Speaking of Eri... where is she?" The make looked around.

"Still sleeping. Jirou and Tsyu are still up there with her actually."

He hummed in understanding, taking a sip of his tea.

Bakugo then walked past the kitchen, noticing Izuku sitting on the table before walking away guiltily.

"What's up with him?" Uraraka noted quite puzzled.

Izuku glared in his general direction. "Guilt." He said bluntly.

"Huh?" Both turned their attention to the greenette who swatted his hands in front of his cup. He put down the tea, wiping the tea that stuck to the side of his mouth. "Nothing. Forget I said anything."

Both students wanted to know more, but ended up politely dropping the subject.

The three chatted away happily talking about random things, though the scarred teen kept to himself mostly, only chiming-in when he felt like it.

A sleepy child waddled over with a yawn. She was dressed in a white nightgown that saddened Izuku. It reminded him of the clothes she wore the day he rescued her from the Eight-Precept.

Shaking the thought away, he put on a smile and welcomed the girl into a hug. "Good morning Eri. How did you sleep?" He asked.

She hummed with a bright smile. "Good! Last night I did make-up like Himi-san taught me!"

"Really?" He gaped. "Did you take pictures?"

She nodded happily, pulling out Toga's phone.

"Isn't she too young to have a phone?"

"You have no idea." Izuku sweatdropped. "But her sister gave it to her at some point."

"Nice..." Uraraka awkwardly replied, unsure if she should ask the question lingering in her mind. She took in a bug breath and asked anyways. "Who are the rest of her family members? Will we ever meet them? Are they of so much trust?"

Izuku stopped and looked at the girl. Eri smiled and answered before he could even speak. "I have pictures! I can show you!"

"Eri no-" Midoryia began before the girl jumped off of him and towards the other.

She happily unlocked te phone and scrolled through the camera roll only to showcase the pictures of the villains.

Izuku panicked as there was one of a slightly-blurry him doing a peace sign next to a sneezing Spinner. All the photos were too blurry to even tell who was who, which earned a sigh of relief from the greenette.

"Awh! They're all blurry... but they do seem like fun people!" Ochaco complimented.

"Himi-san is so cool! You two would get along so well! She loves collecting knives and cute things! She's so smart and super sneaky!"

"Really?" The brunette paled at the mention of knives, remember the way a blonde girl stabbed her during the attack during the Training Camp.

Himiko Toga, she recalled was her name.

She noted how this Himi-san girl had a similar name as the other. "By any chance her name Himik-"

"Ochaco!!! We need your help!!" One of the girls yelled from upstairs, cutting the girl off.

"Coming!" She yelled back. "Sorry! Gotta go!" Uraraka walked away apologetically, making her way to to whoever called for her.

Izuku used his quirk to pull the phone away from Eri's hands. "Too many close calls..." He muttered with a sigh.

"Hmm?" Todoroki asked, turning to face his boyfriend.

"Nothing. Eri, want breakfast?"

"Yes please!" She cheered, running to a seat and climbing to sit on it.

He served her some food and a cup of apple juice. "Enjoy." He ruffled her hair.

"Where did that kid go? I though they'd stay here longer?" Todoroki asked.

"Kota-kun?" Eri asked, shoving a spoonful of her breakfast.

The other hummed.

"They're coming back later today! We're gonna go play later today at the park!"

"Park? And who's taking you?" Izuku asked, taking a sip of his own drink.

"You!" She smiled, kicking her legs in the air as she copied her older brother in drinking.

He almost choked on his drink. "Me?? Why me?"

"Cause you're my older brother!" She made-up. "And you love me!"

"Fair enough." He gave in. Todoroki quirked a brow and shrugged.

"I'll go too if you want." He offered.

"Wah!" Eri beamed, blinding both teens. "You would?!!"

"Sure."

~

At some point, the other boy came over and hung out with Eri for a while before they departed towards the park.

Eri held Kota's hand as they skipped each crack on the sidewalk. They chatted and laughed as they ran around.

"They seem like they're having fun." The freckled teen pointed out. Todoroki nodded with his ghost-like smile in reply.

Once they arrived at the park, Eri begged Todoroki to push her in the swings, which he hesitantly agreed to.

Kota sat next to Izuku, swinging his legs up and down. "So are you really not him...?" He asked sadly.

"I am. It's just that if they found out, I would get in trouble."

Kota spun his head around quickly and gasped. "You lied??!"

"Yes." Izuku nodded, not looking at the ebony-haired kid. "I had to. I'm sorry."

The other's eyes watered before he wiped away his tears. "I'm sorry for saying your secret then..."

"Don't worry about it."

"PUSH ME HIGHER SHO-CHAN!" Eri whined.

"Can you do that thing where you fly?"

"Here?" He looked at the kid, rather shocked.

"Yeah!" Izuku looked around before shifting polarities and making himself float. "Woah!!!" He cheered.

Izuku sat back down and acted casual. "Please never speak of this to anyone. If they found out I would be in danger."

"Oh." He replied. After that, the conversation was dropped, much to Midoryia's relief.

The rest of the afternoon passed by quickly, they played together a good while before we finally headed back to the dorm complex. It was a fun afternoon for all of them.

After Izuku's confession, Kota never left his side, feeling a comfort and form of safety from being even near him. Eri was slightly jealous at his clinginess, but forgave him since she spent more time with her older brother. It brought her pride and satisfaction.

It was a trio of clingy kids fawning over the same boy; just for different reasons.

One felt proud that he'd gotten saved by the teen, earning a great form of admiration towards the other. Another was saved as well, but he grew to be her older brother. The other is dating him.

___________________________

Wow it's been a jot second since I last updated.

Sorry about that...

ALSO!!!!

WE JUST HIT 300K!?!??? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HAVE NO WAY TO THANK YOU GUYS!!! THIS IS HUGE!!! How can I repay you all????

And sorry for the filler chapter it was yucky I know but bare with me...

Also sorry for the long wait, I've been busy and editing the past chapters in case you wanna read them, cause I added more to them too. I was also busy spending my free time playing idv so if you play, lmk :)

Please take care of yourself today. If u need anything or even to just talk, feel free to DM me or comment.

I'm glad I got to interact with every one of you here.

Love you!

- Slightly tired author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 99.9K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...
33.6K 987 45
[Complete✔✔] Have you ever wondered about a story that's fulled with love, hate, betrayal and trust? Well try this one for fun! ✿*♡LOVE♡LOV...
130K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...
424K 12.5K 51
🐱 This book is available in Polish (@_bluef0x) and Italian (@kamisamapotter4ever), thanks to these WONDERFUL people (you can also check them out on...