PORCELAIN • JJK [✔️]

By Frozen_Meow

"Are you the one police is looking for Kookie? For real?" Mihyun's grab on his wrist tightened as he looked b... More

Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter - 20

209 13 59
By Frozen_Meow

The car stops in front of the prison and Yoongi opens the door to get off. He goes around and opens the door for Mihyun too. But she sits there like a stone. Not moving at all.

"Mihyun..." Yoongi's soothing voice called for her. "It's okay. I'm with you."

She nodded and stepped out. Heart nearly bursting out because she was back to talk to her step-father in prison after what happened. She hated that man and not to mention her fear. Yoongi walked her into the prison gates where Seokjin was waiting with a smile on his face.

"I finished the paperwork. Go in." He handed Mihyun the documents needed for visitation. She hesitated to take it because after this gate, she'll have to be in that room alone to talk to that man on the other side of a glass wall. Seokjin held her hand. "Go in sweetheart. It's gonna be fine." His thumb brushed over the back of her hand before letting go.

She took a deep breath and stepped in. It's now or never. She has to talk to him. Or she'll be awake forever like last night with her face buried in a pillow. She wanted to move on from this past that's been trapping her.

She crossed the long hallway and entered the visiting room. He's not here yet. She waited while her fingers tangled with the hem of her skirt. The door on the other side opened revealing her dad.

"Hey..." he said as he sat down. Awkward silence fell over after that. She didn't know how to start and he didn't know what to ask. They've never had a conversation before.

"Dad..." she struggled to call him that. "I...do you know anything...about mom?"

His eyes widened when he heard her. He's perfectly sober today and she knew he understood every word.

"What do you want to know after all these years?" His tone was harsh and he visibly tensed up.

"Everything you know about her disappearance."

"I don't know anything about that..." he looked away.

"I fucking know you do!" Her hands balled the fabric of her skirt as she held her stinging tears back. "Tell me..."

"She just disappeared one day. That's what I know." He said seriously. "She might've moved on with another man who knows? You aren't mine either...you're someone else's too!"

She was only one glass wall away ripping his tongue off. If he had said this out of the prison cell she'd be sitting on his chair for manslaughter right now.

"What happened that day?" She asked. Surprised at herself for acting so calm.

"She left to attend the church. And never came back." He scoffed.

"Did you try finding her?"

He smiled bitterly at that. Then he locked eyes with her.

"I've done everything possible!"

She gulped down the last bit of hope in herself. She's finally sure now. This man in front of her was lying...

"Really?" Her blood boiled with rage as she took the paper out of her pocket. Unfolded it and slammed the printed part on the glass. "Then who is he?"

He looked at the paper and this time, blood drained out of his face. The look of pure horror engulfed him within seconds. He stumbled back with the chair.

She let a tear escape as she stared at the man. This was expected. She knew when she'd show him this, he'll most likely suffocate himself. After all it was a crime he had committed 15 years ago...he would've never imagined she can dig him this deep.

"W-where did- how?!" He asked in his shaking voice. Her hand now slipped down and crumpled the paper in a fist. Her eyes closed before asking.

"You're not my real dad, are you?"

The visiting hours ended and a constable entered the room from his side. He dragged him out forcefully but his cries of her name and despair of telling her not to reveal the truth echoed around the prison halls.

She had never felt this empty. Her whole life has become a lie because of today. She wondered if knowing the truth was worth it. She should've just stayed in KY Academy's hostel and should've let this case pass. She should've never asked Seokjin to know more. She regretted everything at this moment. There's no bright side. It's all just pitch black.

Mihyun walked out of the gate to a worried looking Yoongi waiting there. She couldn't look up to meet his eyes. She somehow managed to make her way to him before collapsing in his arms.

"Are you okay? Mi-"

"Take me home..." she croaked out. "Please..."

"I'm sorry for your loss Mrs. Kang. I apologize." Hoseok sighed while rubbing his temple out of frustration. The woman on line mumbled an it's okay before cutting the call. He put the phone down and flexed his neck.

Hoseok's been sitting on his desk all day calling every number on his file. Trying to know about the person on the list. Or something that's helpful. But all he got was all of them, other than the ones he already knows are dead, have either died in 2005 or never been seen after that year. He had nothing on his end. Absolutely nothing.

"How did it go?" Seokjin walked in with his hands stuck in his pockets. Seeing Hoseok's expression, he knew it didn't go that well.

"Nothing hyung! Nothing!" He was about to rip his hair off. All his sunny vibe vaporized into thick clouds.

"I don't know how to find this killer anymore." Seokjin flopped on the seat beside Hoseok's desk that belonged to him. "But I didn't expect Mihyun's father to be one of these people on list."

"Did you ask him? Why's there a different person on the list under his name?" Hoseok turned to face him.

"I did. But he has his lips sealed. I can't ask him like that. We need to set a proper interrogation but then again, he's already in jail so we can't request that without letting anyone know about the situation." Seokjin explained and he nodded as he understood.

"So we do nothing?" Hoseok slowly said. The feeling of being helpless growing stronger in both of them. "We took that much risk to get the list out but still we do nothing?"

"We can't do this without orders Hoseok. We have our hands tied."

"I can kinda feel why..." Hoseok unconsciously picked up the list and stared at the names.

"Why?"

"This list can cause a big chaos. No one's ready to face it. Whoever the killer is..." Hoseok smirked. "...he's challenging the law openly and we're just playing puppets..."

"But who..."

The sound of the door clicking open made her look up from her arms. She couldn't see clearly as constant crying had made her vision blurry like last time. Feeling a warm touch on her cheek made her realize who it was in her room.

"Tae?" She asked and earned a deep hum from the boy. He sat down on the floor beside her and pulled his knees closer to his chest. Just like how she's sitting. Resting his head on his arms and knees before looking at her with worried eyes.

"You won't ask anything?" She looked back at him. Locking eyes as his warmth spread across her body from being close. He smiled a little. One of her favorite things she craved at the moment.

"Tell me when you feel like." He said. "I'm not going anywhere."

She missed the days when she used to run around the school hallways to steal a glance of him. When she waited in the cafeteria line to save him a place so he gets the food while it's still warm. The days she used to be crazy about this boy who's one smile was enough to put her in a good mood for the rest of the week.

Now that she had this boy all to herself, she was busy running after something else. Something she wished she could run away from. The old days were better. She let herself believe that her family had abandoned her and that became the new regular for her. At some point it stopped hurting as well. These messed up games and true-false plays isn't what she wanted. She's now digging into the truth of her mother's disappearance, who she can't even remember properly.

"Did you meet your...mom yet?" He softly brushed her hair back while asking. Hesitant at first but was asked anyway.

"No...not yet." She shook her head while slowly voicing her answer. Her mind went back to yesterday evening. When she was leaving the cafe with him and was called back by...

Jungkook...

"Mihyun...wait..." he ran out to the side walk and panted. She confusedly asked the boy what was wrong and what's so important.

"Take this..." he handed her a folded piece of paper. "Don't ask how...just go check for yourself."

She stared at his back as he ran past them and crossed the road to leave. She opened the paper.

Seo Mi Sun

(1973 - 2005)

Yanghwajin Foreign Missionary Cemetery

46 Yanghwajin-gil, Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.

She nearly passed out after she read it. It was so sudden and her mind couldn't process where Jungkook got this information. She just didn’t know.

"Jungkookie..." she started. "Was he at work today?"

"No...he took a day off..." Taehyung informed.

She sighed before hiding her face back in her arms. The small patterns of his fingers mingling with her hair was making her sleepy. She's too tired to hold onto her thoughts right now.

"Get some sleep..." she heard before his soft lips pressed a kiss above her ear and drifted off to a slumber.

She didn't think she'll wake up to Taehyung sleeping next to her. Well, not so fast at least.

She sat up to find herself in bed. He must've tucked her in and didn't leave. Why do his actions make her go insane in both heart and mind? The side effects of a sweet boyfriend?

Letting him be dreaming, she left the room and found Yoongi passed out on the couch as well. She sighed and walked up to him. He's sleeping all curled up in a ball resembling a small kitten (which he is). She put the cushion under his head and smiled while heading towards the kitchen.

Her headache is gone now and she felt well rested. It's almost dinner time and she didn't forget she has to wish Jimin later. The flowers...

She looked at her side and found the bouquet still as fresh as Taehyung took care of it while she bawling her eyes out. Today has been rough.

So how am I gonna face Mom now?

The question she's been trying to avoid raised again. Yoongi had a chance to be with her when he was a child. Her mom moved out with her when she took divorce from their biological father. So he must've remembered bits and parts of her. She has none.

She almost hated her all her life.

Her hands tightened around the glass she poured water for herself. She should go. She should pay a visit even if she has nothing for her. She has nothing to lose either.

And this case?

She sighed. Of course. All the leading ends have closed once they found the list. 5 out of 10 people.

Two of them being her parents. And three dead.

She had no heart to run after this anymore. Knowing someone had replaced her mother and buried her death down into piles of lies. Someone she always thought was her father was actually the murderer faking to be the victim. It's all too much.

"Don't..." the glass was taken from her and she flinched at Yoongi's tone. He sighed. "You'd have broken it in your hand if you pressed a little harder."

"When did you wake up?" She asked looking at his disheveled hair and squinting eyes. He left his glasses on the couch.

"When you put the cushion..." he smiled. "You okay now?"

"Hmm..." she nodded and leaned on the counter. She was about to say something but he opened his mouth first.

"Tomorrow's Jimin's birthday right? You don't have plans?" He asked and turned away to grab something random. She frowned.

"I do. We're having a party at a club. That's in the evening." She shrugged. "Are you free? You're invited too!"

"Um? Me?" He shook his head. "No its okay what will I do there with you kids..."

"You're not a grandpa..." she teased. "I'll pick you up from your studio then?"

"I was-" he stopped. "You should spend the day with Jimin you know his birthday..." he trailed off.

"Just say oppa...why are you hesitating so much?"

Yoongi looked at her and hesitated again. Then he gave up on the act. "I was thinking about going to...mom..."

She surly was his sister after all. He's been thinking the same as her.

"Tomorrow?" It would be better if Yoongi goes with her. He's the only one who can understand this on her behalf.

"If you-"

"Let's do that..." she nodded. The more thinking goes into it the harder it gets. She decided not to think and just do it.

"Will you be okay?"

"I have nothing to lose anyway..."

"Baby?" Taehyung's voice echoed from her room and Yoongi's eyes widened. Mihyun who realized just now that Taehyung's still in her room oblivious to this awake Yoongi blushed and ran out of the kitchen towards her room. Embarrassed at her boyfriend who just exposed her nickname.

"Oh..." Yoongi tilted his head.

"What the fuck Tae!" She closed the door and hit his arm. "I live with my brother have you forgot?!"

"Aw?" He was sleepily rubbing his eyes and had no slight idea about what she was talking about.

"Argh!" She sat down on the bed. "Why were you even-"

"Seokjin hyung kept calling your phone." He tossed the phone at her and flopped back on the pillows. Wrapping his arm around her and nuzzling into the blanket. He needs more sleep.

"Sure..." she rolled her eyes and picked up. "Yeah?"

"Namjoon..."

"Namjoon oppa? What about him?"

"He recovered the recordings..."

---To Be Continued---

(Unedited)

A/N : This is coming to an end guys Idk how many chapters left just know that somethings gonna go downhill from next chapters. (Like it hasn't been already lol authormin you joke guy💁‍♀️)

Our president Namjoon is the loveliest smiling angel will you look at him he made my day 😭

Byeeee 💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 2.5K 69
A major accident seven years ago had stolen Jeon Jungkook's memory away from him, wiping it so clean that the only things he were left with were only...
2M 85.7K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...
64.3K 3.7K 28
❝ I don't remember you ❞ ❝ I remember only you ❞ Jungkook is a police officer who lost his husband in a car accident seven months ago and on the same...
221K 9.4K 36
"Do you really wanna know?" Jungkook asked with his eyebrows raised. "Yes I do." I said confidently. "I warned you, Y/n. So don't regret it later." H...