𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒆 ― percy jac...

By -CELESTIALAPHRODITE

𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒎𝒆 . . . . 𝐁𝐎𝐎�... More

ALLURE ME
PLAYLIST
ACT ONE
001. THE BEGINNING OF THE HIGH TIDE
002. AURORA STARK THE HOTHEAD
003. OCEAN EYES
004. THE START OF A QUEST
005. EXPLODING A BUS IS BAD PUBLICITY
006. THE TALE OF MEDUSA
007. PURPLE IRISES
008. THE PROTECTOR
009. SUCH A DANGEROUS BOY
010. TWO WORLDS COLLIDING
011. TEAM BONDING TIME
012. WATERBED SHOPPING WITH THE GANG
013. HIGHWAY TO HELL
014. THE LORD OF THE DEAD
015. STARK STYLE
016. OBADIAH STANE
017. WHAT ABOUT DESTINY?
ACT ONE, POST CREDIT SCENE
ACT TWO
018. A YEAR OF WHISPERS
019. CYCLOPS
020. THOSE BLAZING FIRE FILLED EYES
021. DANGER IS NEAR
022. OFF TO THE RACES
023. PRETTY MAGENTA
024. PRINCESS ANDROMEDA
025. A VESSEL FOR REVENGE
026. NATHANIEL PRINCE
027. STEAM BOAT GOES BOOM
028. AURORA STARK ALMOST DROWNS
029. AURORA'S ULTIMATE DREAM
030. PAIN IS THE GATEWAY FOR CHAOS
031. BROKEN RIBS
032. FOR APHRODITE'S SAKE
034. AURORA RIDES A PONY
035. STARKS ARE NOT THEIR FAILURES
036. THE BETRAYAL
ACT TWO, POST CREDIT SCENE
ACT THREE
037. WESTOVER HALL
038. AURA COLOR: RED
039. AURORA STARK THE SCAREDY CAT
040. AURORA'S TIES
041. WHITE MYRTLES
042. BACK IN BLACK
043. APHRODITES FAVORITE
044. NATE THE DEMIGOD ADOPTER
045. WHITE MYRTLES PT.2
ACT THREE, POST CREDIT SCENE
ACT FOUR
046. AURORA AND HER LONGTIME FRIEND MISERY

033. THE EMBODIMENT OF PAIN

1.8K 142 62
By -CELESTIALAPHRODITE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏

❛ hold me tight, and don't
you dare let me go ❜

                         𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍, 𝕿he entire ocean-ride towards the Miami coast was nothing short of pain inducing. Every rough wave and sudden jolt made a sharp stabbing pain shoot up her body in an unfathomable amount. So much so, that the moment she tried to lay her head against the hippocampi's neck for a much needed nap—a strong gust of wind sent a rather rough wave against their path causing it to crash against the creature who only whined and shook off the intrusion as if it were nothing.

                         To Aurora, it made her feel everything. The barest of movement from the hippocampi made her eyes shoot open and a sharp cry to omit from her mouth.

                         She felt arms ( she hadn't realized were securing her to the hippocampi ) slither from her waist and rummage through something before she felt something cool press to her lips.

                         "You know," The familiar voice of Percy said. "It's getting boring taking care of you all the time."

They both knew it was a lie.

                         This made her lips twitch up sensing the worry in his tone, "You're one to talk, barnacle brain," she said as she took a sip. "After every quest, it seems like I'm the one always tending your wounds."

                         He released an amused scoff, "Right," she could sense him shaking his head. "Get some sleep. The hippocampi say it's still a long way to go."

And she did, for a little anyway, while in the midst of her dreamless sleep ( which she found surprising ) she felt a sharp pain erupt from her forehead—out of confusion, she blinked the grogginess from her eyes and shielded them from bright sun. When her vision cleared, she gently reached up and massaged her now sore spot before finding the culprit—Annabeth.

Aurora groaned, "Ow, Really?"

Annabeth shrugged a small smile on her face, a complete contrast from before which made Aurora feel so much better. The daughter of Athena held aluminum cans that were floating in the water, likely the weapon she used to wake Aurora up.

Annabeth slyly smiled, "You wouldn't wake up," she nodded her head to Percy. "Wake him up. The hippocampi are acting funny."

Sure enough, when Aurora glanced down, their hippocampi was whinnying and swimming in circles—clearly distressed. On occasion they'd slow down, sniff the water, and swim in circles again.

                         A soft snore came from her shoulder, when she looked down her aura shimmered a dark pink, a color she hadn't seen before —a color growing closer to red.

                         Percy's head was against her shoulder, eyes closed in deep slumber and a bead of drool running down his chin. His arms were still wrapped around her and every shift from the hippocampi made him tighten his grip.

                         "Huh," Aurora said. "So he does drool in his sleep."

                         Annabeth rolled her eyes, "Rory, hurry."

                         It was Auroras turn to roll her eyes, but did as told. With a small smile on her face, she carefully ( in order not to bother her broken bones )  cupped her hands together and dipped them into the water. As the cool water filled her hands she sent it soaring over her shoulder to a still snoozing Percy.

                         As soon as the cool water sprayed over his face, Percy sputtered and almost fell off the hippocampi if it weren't for Aurora who gripped the front of his shirt.

                         "Rise and shine, ocean eyes!" Aurora came into view of Percy's sight after he regained consciousness. Her brown hair glinting in the sunlight, making her brown eyes all the more brighter. "The hippocampi are acting weird."

                         In the distance, the sun was setting behind a city skyline. Percy could see a beachside highway lined with palm trees, storefronts glowing with red and blue neon, a harbor filled with sailboats and cruise ships.

                         "According to Annabeth we're probably in Miami," Aurora pointed at the hippocampi gently rubbing her hand in soothing circles on the one they were riding—trying to soothe her to the best of her ability. "What's wrong with them?"

                         Percy paused looking over Aurora's shoulder towards the hippocampi before shaking his head.

                         "This is as far as they'll take us," Percy said. "Too many humans. Too much pollution. We'll have to swim to shore on our own."

                         Aurora pouted and ran her hand down her hippocampi's mane. It let out a sound of delight and pushed against her hand causing her to giggle, it was Percy who had to gently pull her away.

                         Tyson cried a little. He unfastened the make-shift saddle pack he'd made, which contained his tool kit and a couple of other things he'd salvaged from the Birmingham wreck. He hugged Rainbow around the neck, gave him a soggy mango he'd picked up on the island, and said good-bye.

                         As Percy helped Aurora off of their own, the hippocampi whined and gently nudged Aurora's head with her own. A sharp pain followed after, but one Aurora didn't mind as much—so a smile and giggle followed afterward.

                         When he noticed the hippocampi's delight at the newfound game, he placed himself in between Aurora and the beautiful creature, running his own hand through her mane, "Easy, girl," he said. "We've got to go now."

                         The hippocampi whined in what seemed to be frustration.

                         Aurora rose her eyebrows, "What's she saying?"

                         Percy coughed, "She wants to see you again," he sassily rolled his eyes when she whined again. "Yeah, not gonna happen!" He responded to her before tugging Aurora away. "We have to go!"

                         Without letting her argue, Aurora frowned as her hippocampi snorted something—almost like an insult before leaving with the others.

                         The waves pushed them forward, and in no time they were back in the mortal world.

                         The bustle of the mortal word sent Auroras body to overdrive. The sounds of voices and camera shots, made her tense up on fear—so much so she tugged her pretty pink colored jacket tighter around her as if it would hide her from prying eyes.

                         Annabeth seemed to notice her concern because she wrapped an arm around her best friends shoulder and pulled her tight against her. To anyone looking, they'd look like ordinary best friends. To them, not only was Annabeth helping Aurora stand upright due to her pain but also kept her identity concealed. She did not need paparazzi getting a picture of her with the way she looked at the moment.

                         Percy might have caught on as well, because he took off his own sweatshirt and covered her head with it as a hoodie. He was likely only doing it so the paparazzi wouldn't become a problem in the future, but it still didn't stop her aura from shimmering.

                         They wandered along the cruise line docks, pushing through crowds of people arriving for vacations. Porters bustled around with carts of luggage. Taxi drivers yelled at each other in Spanish and tried to cut in line for customers, and with Aurora being fluent in Spanish—she happily understood the curse words the many taxi drivers were using.

                         If anybody noticed six kids dripping wet and looking like they'd just had a fight with a monster, they didn't let on.

                         Now that they were back among mortals, Tyson's single eye had blurred from the Mist. Grover had put on his cap and sneakers. Even the Fleece had transformed from sheep skin to a red-and-gold high school letter jacket with a large glittery Omega on the pocket.

                         Annabeth ran to the nearest newspaper box and checked the date on the Miami Herald.

                         She cursed. "June eighteenth! We've been away from camp ten days!"

                         "That's impossible!" Clarisse said.

                         Aurora ran a hand through her wet hair brushing out the tangles. "Oh, gods! My dad is going to kill me!" She muttered. She glanced at the newspaper in Annabeth's hand when something caught her attention, "Let me see that," she quickly realized the headlines read.

                         MYSTERIOUS INCIDENT AT THE CULVER UNIVERSITY LABORATORY.

                         "What is it?" Annabeth questioned, taking a look at the paper in Auroras hand.

                         "Culver University is home to one of the most famed nuclear physicists. His work in gamma radiation is unm—"

                        "Enough of that!" Percy argued, sending water droplets flying everywhere. "We have to find a way to camp."

"Thalia's tree must be almost dead," Grover wailed. "We have to get the Fleece back tonight."

The thought of Thalia made Auroras mind snap back to reality. She needed to find something fast, if she was going to help her—even if it was for one last time. She owed it to the girl.

Clarisse slumped down on the pavement. "How are we supposed to do that?" Her voice trembled. "We're hundreds of miles away. No money. No ride. This is just like the Oracle said. It's your fault, Jackson! If you hadn't interfered—"

Aurora narrowed her eyes at Clarisse. "Percy's fault?!" Her voice growing agitated at the hostility coming out of Clarisse's mouth. She knew her own hostility would do nothing to better their dire situation, but she too needed to release her anger. "If it weren't for yo—"

"Stop it!" Percy said.

Clarisse put her head in her hands. Aurora crossed her arms and clenched her jaw, just like her father does when he's angry. Pepper would always comment on it, saying that if Tony's anger never got to her Aurora's anger wouldn't either. Seeing as the topic was always about Aurora and her blueprints, the young girl would pout and go to sleep angry—yet, would wake up to a cheeseburger on her nightstand.

She missed them both.

"Clarisse," Percy said, "What did the Oracle tell you exactly?"

She looked up. Aurora thought she was going to tell Percy off, but instead, she took a deep breath and recited her prophecy:

"You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,
You shall find what you seek and make it your own,
But despair for your life entombed within stone,
And fail without friends, to fly home alone."

"Ouch," Grover mumbled.

"No," Percy said. "No . . . . wait a minute. I've got it," Percy suddenly began to search his pockets. "Does anybody have any cash?"

Annabeth and Grover shook their heads morosely. Clarisse pulled a wet Confederate dollar from her pocket and sighed.

Percy's eyes turned wide as he turned to Aurora, "Your credit card!"

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows, "What about it?"

"Do you have it?"

Aurora dug in her back pocket and retrieved the credit car and lifted it up in the air, "I always carry it around. I'm surprised I haven't lost it, re-"

Percy snatched it from her hand.

Aurora frowned, "Hey!"

Percy ran to the curb and grabbed a taxi that was just letting out a family of cruise passengers.

"Clarisse," He yelled. "Come on. You're going to the airport. Annabeth, give her the Fleece."

Aurora quickly stepped to Percy as her eyes furrowed, she lowered her voice and said, "Ocean eyes," she said in all seriousness. "I hope you know what you're doing."

Percy hoped so too. Nonetheless, he took the Fleece letter jacket from Annabeth, tucked the card into its pocket, and put it in Clarisse's arms.

Clarisse said, "You'd let me—"

"It's your quest," Percy said. "I can't travel by air. Zeus would blast me into a million pieces. That's what the prophecy meant: you'd fail without friends, meaning you'd need our help, but you'd have to fly home alone. You have to get the Fleece back safely."

Aurora could  practically see her mind working—suspicious at first, wondering what trick Percy was playing, then finally deciding Percy meant what he said.

She jumped in the cab, "You can count on me. I won't fail."

"Not failing would be good."

"Wait!" Aurora yelled before she closed the door. She walked towards the window. "When you use the card my dad or his suit will probably show up, if he does tell him that I personally gave you the card and it's a life or death situation. Tell him I'll be fine and I'll be home soon."

"Understood" She nodded fiercely.

The cab peeled out in a cloud of exhaust. The Fleece was on its way.

"Percy," Annabeth said, "that was so-"

"Generous?" Grover offered.

"Philanthropic?" Aurora tilted her head.

"Insane," Annabeth corrected. "You're betting the lives of everybody at camp that Clarisse will get the Fleece safely back by tonight?"

"It's her quest," Percy said. "She deserves a chance."

"Percy is nice," Tyson said.

"Percy is too nice," Annabeth grumbled, but Aurora knew Percy's plan impressed her.

Percy smiled "Come on," He told his friends. "Let's find another way home."

That's when he turned and found a sword's point at his throat.

"Hey, cuz," said Luke. "Welcome back to the States."

                         Agrius wrapped an arm around Aurora—she didn't need to look to know it was him seeing as, as soon as it wrapped an arm around hers, his claws dug into her flesh. Not a good feeling with her already damaged body.

                         "Hands off," she tried to shrug him off. "Now!"

"Not a chance," he growled. "Daughter of Aphrodite."

                         He said 'daughter of aphrodite' as if she had been born from a monster, and as if in minutes she'd become one too. She didn't blame their hatred, how could she? Her mother had done something horrific and here she was having to pay for it.

                         She soon noticed, that the others were also being grabbed, albeit her capture being more brutal.

                         One tried to grab Tyson, but Tyson knocked him into a pile of luggage and roared at Luke.

                         "Percy," Luke said calmly, "tell your giant to back down or I'll have Oreius bash your friends' heads together."

                         Oreius grinned and raised Annabeth and Grover off the ground, kicking and screaming. All while Agrius continued to keep a tight grip on Aurora—likely leaving bruises behind.

                         "Leave them alone, asshat!" Aurora cried.

                         "What do you want, Luke?" Percy growled.

                         He smiled, the scar rippling on the side of his face. He gestured toward the end of the dock, and Aurora noticed what should've been obvious. The biggest boat in port was the Princess Andromeda.

                         Aurora almost cursed herself, if she wasn't too busy worried about the paparazzi or someone snapping a picture of her and alerting her father that she had missed the obvious sign that someone was tailing them.

                         She could tell Percy felt the same way as his eyebrows were scrunched together in anger. At their predicament and at their lack of perception.

                         "Why, Percy," Luke said, "I want to extend my hospitality, of course."

                         The bear twins herded them aboard the Princess Andromeda. They threw them down on the aft deck in front of a swimming pool with sparkling fountains that sprayed into the air. A dozen of Luke's assorted goons-snake people, Laistrygonians, demigods in battle armor-had gathered to watch them get some "hospitality."

                         "And so, the Fleece," Luke mused. "Where is it?"

                         He looked them over, prodding Percy's shirt with the tip of his sword, poking Grover's jeans.

                         "Hey!" Grover yelled. "That's real goat fur under there!"

                         "Sorry, old friend." Luke smiled. "Just give me the Fleece and I'll leave you to return to your, ah, little nature quest."

                         "Blaa-ha-ha!" Grover protested. "Some old friend!"

                         "Maybe you didn't hear me." Luke's voice was dangerously calm. "Where-is-the-Fleece?"

                         "Not here," Percy said. Aurora groaned Percy probably shouldn't have told him anything.

                         "We sent it on ahead of us. You messed up."

                         Luke's eyes narrowed, "You're lying. You couldn't have—" His face reddened as a horrible possibility occurred to him. "Clarisse?"

                         Percy nodded.

                         "You truste—You gave—"

                         "Yeah."

                         "Agrius!"

                       The bear giant flinched, "Y-yes?"

                         "Get below and prepare my steed. Bring it to the deck. I need to fly to the Miami Airport, fast.'"

                         "But, boss—"

                         Aurora smirked, "You won't reach her. My dad probably got to her already. Clarisse is probably on the best rollercoaster ride ever by now!"

                         Luke seethed some more but turned to Agrius "I don't care what she says! Do it!" Luke screamed. "Or I'll feed you to the drakon!"

                         The bear-man gulped and lumbered down the stairs. Luke paced in front of the swimming pool, cursing in Ancient Greek, gripping his sword so tight his knuckles turned white. The rest of Luke's crew looked uneasy. Maybe they'd never seen their boss so unhinged before. Gods, know Aurora never had either.

                         "You've been toying with us all along," Percy said. "You wanted us to bring you the Fleece and save you the trouble of getting it."

                         Luke scowled. "Of course, you idiot! And you've messed everything up!"

                         "Traitor!" Percy dug his last gold drachma out of his pocket and threw it at Luke. Aurora tilted her head in confusion and her eyebrows furrowed together. What the hell was that supposed to do?

                         The coin sailed into the spray of rainbow-colored water.

                         "You tricked all of us!" Percy yelled at Luke. "Even DIONYSUS at CAMP HALF-BLOOD!"

                         Aurora internally smirked. Now with the emphasis, she understood his plan. A plan to help clear Chiron's name. He was going to expose Luke for everything he did, in front of camp.

                         Behind Luke, the fountain began to shimmer, but Percy needed everyone's attention on him, so he uncapped Riptide.

                         Luke just sneered, "This is no time for heroics, Percy. Drop your puny little sword, or I'll have you killed sooner rather than later."

                         "Who poisoned Thalia's tree, Luke?"

                         "I did, of course," he snarled. "I already told you that. I used elder python venom, straight from the depths of Tartarus."

                         "Chiron had nothing to do with it?"

                         "Ha! You know he would never do that. The old fool wouldn't have the guts."

                         Aurora struggled, "He's a good person, unlike you!"

                         Percy glanced and nodded at Aurora's statement. "You call it guts? Betraying your friends? Endangering the whole camp?"

                         Luke raised his sword, "You don't understand the half of it. I was going to let you take the Fleece once I was done with it."

                         That made Percy hesitate, it made Aurora hesitate too. Was he lying? He couldn't possibly be telling him the truth right? Especially with his plan to resurrect Kronos. If he did that first and then gave the fleece who would guarantee they'd be alive and well to use it?

                         "You were going to heal Kronos," Percy said.

                         "Yes! The Fleece's magic would've sped his mending process by tenfold. But you haven't stopped us, Percy. You've only slowed us down a little."

                         "And so you poisoned the tree, you betrayed Thalia, you set us up-all to help Kronos destroy the gods."

                         Luke gritted his teeth, "You know that! Why do you keep asking me?"

                         "Because I want everybody in the audience to hear you."

                         "What audience?" Then his eyes narrowed. He looked behind him and his goons did the same. They gasped and stumbled back. Above the pool, shimmering in the rainbow mist, was an Iris-message vision of Dionysus, Tantalus, and the whole camp in the dining pavilion. They sat in stunned silence, watching them. From the Aphrodite table ( which was in clear sight ) Aurora could see her older siblings perk up at the sight of her. Their eyes full of worry and ready to rush towards her—Silena more than the others.

                         It looked like she had just been hit with a sucker punch to her chest at the sight of her bloodied and bruised sister who could barely keep herself up right. Like the world finally aligned in her favorite over a decision she was contemplating on making finally gave her an answer.

                         What was she was contemplating on? And what was her answer to it? She had no idea, but she'd just chalk it up to her being hurt for the moment.

                         Silena's eyes weren't the only ones with that rare look on her face. One look at her sister Natalie made her own eyebrows furrow together.

                         "Well," said Dionysus dryly, "some unplanned dinner entertainment."

                         "Mr. D, you heard him," Percy said. "You all heard Luke. The poisoning of the tree wasn't Chiron's fault."

                         Mr. D sighed, "I suppose not."

                         "The Iris-message could be a trick," Tantalus suggested, but his attention was mostly on his cheeseburger, which he was trying to corner with both hands.

                         Aurora incredulously looked at the Iris message. "What?" she mumbled.

                         "I fear not," Mr. D said, looking with distaste at Tantalus. "It appears I shall have to reinstate Chiron as activities director. I suppose I do miss the old horse's pinochle games."

                         Tantalus grabbed the cheeseburger. It didn't bolt away from him. He lifted it from the plate and stared at it in amazement, as if it were the largest diamond in the world.

                         "I got it!" he cackled.

                         "We are no longer in need of your services, Tantalus," Mr. D announced.

                         Tantalus looked stunned, "What? But—"

                         "You may return to the Underworld. You are dismissed."

                         "No! But-Nooooooooooo!" As he dissolved into mist, his fingers clutched at the cheeseburger, trying to bring it to his mouth. But it was too late. He disappeared and the cheeseburger fell back onto its plate. The campers exploded into cheering, causing a smile to grow on Aurora's face.

                         Luke bellowed with rage. He slashed his sword through the fountain and the Iris-message dissolved, but the deed was done. Aurora grinned in happiness but it soon fell when she saw Luke turn and give Percy a murderous look.

                         "Kronos was right, Percy. You're an unreliable weapon. You need to be replaced."

                         One of his men blew a brass whistle, and the deck doors flew open. A dozen more warriors poured out, making a circle around them, the brass tips of their spears bristling. Something stirred in Aurora and she could already guess it was Nathaniel.

                         Luke smiled at Percy, "You'll never leave this boat alive."       

NAT TALKS !

I finally updated whoooooo!

How do you think Aurora would react if Nathaniel got dusted? :)

❛ allure me. ❜ ༢ ͎۪۫ ༊*·˚ ╱
❪ the prodigy, 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅 book. ❫
༢ ͎۪۫ ༊ ❛ ©CELESTIALAPHRODITE 2023. ❜ ¨. ༢ ͎۪۫ 。𖤐
❪ 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 ❫ ©CELESTIALAPHRODITE, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.2K 10
The Summer after graduating college Donna Sheridan sets off on an adventure through Europe. After a few love affairs, she finds herself caught betwee...
87.1K 3.2K 24
───── ❝ 𝒊 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 ❞ ───── 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 pandora lamansoff is requested to join her friend...
15.9K 497 12
"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨...
15.8K 382 9
"She is the most sweetest and kind-hearted person you will ever meet Percy but don't let her fool you she can be a handful and is much more powerful...