The Five Mythicals

By LostChild911

The story of the mythical beings was real after all. First-Person Perspective. Alternative Universe. Art: @ni... More

The Beginning
Mori's Regret
Finding Gura and a Bird?
Mori's Arrival
Finding Another Guest
Wah!
Reunion
New Year's Special
The detective gives a Confession
Amelia's Present
Amelia Birthday'son Tribute
Running is Fun
The Tako Dream
Moshi Moshi
Shark Check Up
SideStory-SameTori
A Predator's Catch
Finding Gura Part 2
Marriage Proposal
New Wife (?)
Hide and Seek
Death and the Undead
Phoenix Diary
Birb Shopping List
Complicated Feelings
Nothing
Aquarium Trip
Death Convo
Sweet Dreams
The Rising Phoenix
Last Ride
Ina-terlude
TAKAMORI FOREVER
Afterwards/Credits

The Happenings

285 12 9
By LostChild911

Sir Amelia Watson has been acting very sus recently. Late last night, I heard someone leaving this house. It was faint, but I definitely heard someone leaving. Amelia has been tip-toeing in and out at very different times, not on some midnight case. 

When she returned home, faint noises could be heard outside my room. When she arrived at it, a small creak noise escaped from the opening of my door. From it, I felt a glaring sensation on my body. Sir Amelia Watson was checking me out. It was borderline creepy of her. Like she's some kind of stalker. I was still in bed half sleeping from the aquarium trip and yes, I did shower thank you very much. The stares were strong enough, I felt them coming up from my legs and the way up to my neck. When the examination was finished, those same stares were directed at specific areas of my body. Uhhh. This is weird. The faint light coming from outside my room got brighter when Ame decided to check me out even more by coming up to my half sleeping body. Light footsteps were made, now a shadowy presence drowned my body from above. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I took a small peek but then I thought ‘never mind. I'll just wait for her to leave, it's not like she is going to do something unjustifiable to me. I trust Ame. She would do anything that bad. I'm sure of it.’ I decided to wait it out. 

That when the sensation happened. She was holding up my hand, assuming that I was sleeping at this time. I assumed she was just looking at my fingers for whatever reason that she had. When she finished, I heard a small sigh. That was a sigh of relief of sorts. She said something audible that barely reached my ears. 

“And here I thought I gave the wrong size, that was a relief.”

She slowly puts down my hand and eyed somewhere else on my body. When that was over, she left the room in its previous state, closing the door when she exited. 

I thought ‘why would she need to look at me hands for? Is she going to get some gadget that helps against wrist pains and numbness of my fingers? Is she getting some kinda device for me or something?’ I should be happy with whatever that thing was, but the way she went about it was indirect. Conflicted with my emotions I can be, I slowly drifted to sleep feeling somewhat happy for what to come. Unlike Ame’s birthday party, I was totally not wagging my shark tail for the remainder of the night.

***

Let me repeat once more, Sir Amelia Watson has been acting sus. Not that very sus right now, but still. This morning when I woke up and was about to head to the bathroom, I saw Ame coming out her room the same time I did. We looked at each other, staring like we were waiting for something. I was feeling refreshed, while Ame looked like she just got up from a grave. Messy hair, messy pajamas, messy with how she was walking, and skittles looking eyes. Her eyes were different colours like she just got out of a boxing match. Red, blue, yellow. They might as well be a rainbow of colours around it. I wasn't feeling lucky today, but I know I'm not going to find any pot of gold near her. Five seconds later, life was finally coming back to her eyes. Her reaction time was bad too. Who knows what would have happened if I wasn't a friendly Apex predator. 

She said something to me in a bashful manner.

“Hey, Whats up, Gura?”

She was scratching her hair when she said that. Like she's ‘someone's boyfriend’ that got found out. I responded carefree, unbothered by the sight.

“Get any sleep last night?”

“Nope, Nah-da”

“What happened?”

“Well, I was busy with work and all.”

“What work? What is this ‘work’ you speak of?”

“Officer work, you know? Usual stuff.”

“But you don't work anymore.”

Her eyes widened when she came to a realization and started to look around. She had no work to go back to. Those days were over for her. Gone in the mist, says poetic Gura.

“Ame, what were you doing last night?”

“Ohhh, would you look at that, it's almost time for breakfast.”

She looked at her non existing watch on her arm. Quickly dismissing the topic and hurriedly walked to the bathroom. I followed behind with a sigh looking face. Both of us arrived and started to put some toothpaste on each other's toothbrushes. When we started to brush our own teeth, Ame was super focused in the mirror. Looking around random places within it. 

What's up with her today.

***

I left the bathroom before her and waited in the living room. I was watching some cowboys getting their asses kicked for my entertainment pleasure. Ame came downstairs looking fresh. A new and improved Ame has arrived.

“What do you want, Gura?”

I stated what I wanted for breakfast and had it in front of the tv.

*** 

Ame came to join me and watched for a couple of hours. By some that time, we had already finished eating and enjoying random shows on the tv. Boredom was quick to haunt the shark because I was so not entertained by today's happenings. Some days I'll do nothing but chorus and some days I'll watch TV all day. It was a constant cycle but I have to do something. We both have to do things that will keep us entertained, productive and not wallow in our self consciousness. Speaking of consciousness, I wonder what Ame was doing going out late last night. Hmm... 

Ame can't seem to find anything for us to watch. Giving up is something I support as well. I'll never take it to heart when there's something important that needs to get done. Life lessons with Gura. 

Ame was still with me, boringly skipping the channels on tv. She was slouching on the other end of the couch doing just that. When I am feeling up to it, I will decide to ask her more questions. I don’t want to know what she's getting for me but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

“Ame?”

“...”

Ame switched off the tv and in slow motion, falling into my lap, resting her head in it. She faced the now turned off tv and began speaking.

“Gura, you like sweets?”

“Yes, of course.”

“What kinda sweets do you like?”

“I like cakes, cookies, partaits, biscuits.”

“Anything else?”

“What else is there?”

“You have lollipop, candy sticks, candy juices, the miniature ones, you have, you know, lots of stuff.”

“You like those stuff, Ame?”

“Yes, not all, but some here and some there is alright. Oh, you also have caffeine too.”

“That is not related to sweets, Ame.”

“When you put sugar, annnd milk annnd more sugar, it, it can be a parts of sweets too.”

“That sounds far-fetched.”

“If you put your mind to it, something can be anything you want.”

“Sounds like you ripped that straight out of a movie.”

Stupid talks like this we’d enjoyed alot. Having no direction of its own, we continued talking about sweets for a while until it found one.

***

By the end of it, Ame was dozing off.

“Ame?”

“...”

Ame fell asleep in my lap peacefully. The moment when I wanted to ask the question was now gone. Like an angel she was, she started kicking out of nowhere.

“Woah, wooo,wooo. Calm down, horsey. Geez, I almost forgot.”

I patted her hair down until the raging kicking sleeper stopped kicking up the air. 

“...”

She stopped and continued to sleep like an angel, a more peaceful one this time.

She did say she didn't get any sleep last night.

When I was removing her hair out of her face, my hand grazed her cheek. A slightly, ever so visible blush appeared on her face. It was the same hand that she examined last night. Now looking at my hand, maybe this is the thing she wanted. Not a give for me but a gift for herself, the treat of sleeping in my lap.

“She was examining your fingers you dumb shark.” 

Or not, my brain thought.

Feeling motherly, I let Amelia Watson, the ‘not-so-sus-anymore’ detective, sleep in my lap until she wakes up. I moved a little to adjust myself and her weight on my body.

“No, don’t move anymore, Gura. Ahhh...”

I can’t feel my legs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 844 30
Young Amelia Watson, bored by the idyll monotony of her life in the British countryside, always longed for an adventure. Her chance to change her fat...
4.9K 128 14
One day, a boy named Auburn wakes up washed on the shores of a beach, far from home and with no memory of where he came from. He is met by a small gi...
970 45 6
Calliope Mori has had a rough day, and to make matters worse, she can't sleep. What will happen when she realizes why? And what will happen when she...
5.1K 161 8
Holomyth is a new generation of vtubers. The 5 members are Gawr Gura, Ninomae Ina'nis, Calliope Mori, Takanashi Kiara, and Amelia Watson. After over...