Trust | Caleo Highschool AU

By missenchantedgirl

Calypso just moved to New York City from Greece with her sister, Zoรซ. They now attend Goode High, and all is... More

Zoรซ
Leo
Calypso
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Calypso
Their dresses
Leo
Calypso
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Leo
Calypso
Epilogue | Calypso
a/n - the end

Leo

1.1K 11 6
By missenchantedgirl

Another day of school means another day of suffering. Today marked the end of the 2nd week of school, and I had made it through the past few days alright. For the most part, I made bad jokes with my friends and annoyed Calypso and my teachers. Yeah, it was a good first week.

I woke up, got ready for school, said goodbye to my family, and was off.

I arrived after the doors had been open for a good 15 minutes, so I had to go inside myself.

When I arrived at my locker, I was greeted by Jason and Piper bickering, which was strange, because they almost never fought.

"Hey, hey! What's going on here?"

Piper rolled her eyes and pushed past Jason. "Jason won't lay off Percy."

"What? Homecoming is coming up in 2 months, and he and Annabeth still haven't come up with a plan."

"Are you kidding? They have time!"

"So?"

"Gods, you are such a worrier! Besides, you're one to talk- you still haven't even asked who ever you're asking out yet either." Jason winced, and only I knew the reason for both of their reactions. Piper wanted Jason to ask her, and Jason didn't know that, because he was still trying pull up the courage to ask her to be his date.

"J-just..." Jason stuttered. "Whatever."

"Hm."

"Okayy." I trailed off.

"Who do you plan on asking, Leo?" Piper looked at me.

If I was being 100% honest, I didn't know who I was asking yet. Actually, I didn't even know if I was going to ask someone- or go for that matter. I knew there were no girls interested in me, and most of my friends would be going with their partners or friends. Mr. Mcshizzle would probably be spending the night alone, in the quietness of his mothers' garage.

"Uhh," I hesitated. "I'm not sure yet."

"B-"

"Hey! Look at the time, we should probably go, see you!" Before Piper could protest, I jogged down the hall to Calculus.

The class was okay, but as always, Annabeth was no fun.

When I left that class I got ready for my next class, History.

I got in a few minutes before class started- but hey, don't get it twisted. Leo Valdez wouldn't come into class early just for fun, alright? I came in to see Calypso. I figured I could get some extra time to annoy- I mean- talk to her.

Well, I was wrong. I walked into class and sure enough, Calypso was there. Buttt, Katie and Silena were totally hogging her.

"And the flowers are just the prettiest thing, like, ever!" Katie gushed.

"Oh, absolutely!" Silena agreed.

I groaned and began to turn around. If they were there, there was no way I would be able to speak alone with Calypso. Suddenly a heard a pair of feet run up to me, and felt a finger tap my shoulder.

"Leo?" I flipped around. Standing in front of me was no other than Silena.

"Hey, Silena, what's up?"

"Oh nothing..." I stared at her confused, but at last she finally said, "You wanna talk to Cal, don't you?"

"Uh, what? How did you-"

"Katie, sweetie!" Silena called. "I think I left something in your locker. Can you come help me get it?"

Katie furrowed her eyebrows at her. "Why would it be in my locker?"

"Because..." Silena started. "Because it is! Now come on!" She ran across the room, and dragged a confused Katie out.

Now, left in there was me, Calypso, and a few other students.

I walked across the room and took my seat. Calypso turned around, and glared at me.

"Why are you here so early?"

"I could ask you the same question."

She rolled her eyes. "Because I want to be a good student? I'm sure you're just here to annoy the hell out of me as always."

"What told you that?"

She looked me up and down, and a shiver went down my spine.

Focus, Valdez.

"Nevermind."

Just as she said that, the rest of our friends in the class came in. We greeted them and talked for a bit before Mr. Brunner finally came in. "Good morning class, let's talk about today's assignment."

-----

As we got started on the assignment, Frank, being the clueless man he was, decided it was a good time to start up a controversial (not in his eyes) topic. "So... what's going on with homecoming?"

Silena got excited and began to speak.

"Oh no." Annabeth mumbled.

"Annabeth! Let me be vocal about something I'm passionate about!" Silena whined.

"Passionate?" Silena gave her a deadly state. "Alright," Annabeth quickly said. "But I bet we'll regret it."

"Anyways," Silena explained what the plans for homecoming were so far. Because she was in charge of the dance, she had to plan everything. Things seemed to be going smoothly, and the dance would be November 7th, a week after halloween.

Piper huffed. "But like I've been saying, homecoming is 2 months away!"

"It's always good to be prepared!"

"Whatever."

"But anyways, we have a problem." Silena grumbled. "Miss. Pink-Eye wants the theme of the dance to be disco, not elegant. I mean, it's a homecoming, not just some random dance!"

"Do you mean Drew?" Piper snorted.

'Miss. Pink-Eye'- that was a new one. Silena hates Drew's eyeliner- almost as much as she hates Drew. Don't get it twisted, she thinks pink eyeliner is a great idea, and I'm not a makeup expert, but everytime Drew wears it, it looks like she accidentally got some bubblegum in her eyelashes.

"Of course! Who else?" Silena rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure everything will go fine, Silena." Calypso told her reassuringly.

"But anyways," Will said. "Who's you guys' dates to homecoming?"

Great. That was just the question I wanted to hear.

All at once, my friends started to speak. Will was taking Nico, Beckendorf was taking Silena, Frank has suprisingly asked Hazel, Katie was going with Travis, and Reyna, Thalia, Bianca, and Zoë were all going together.

"Homecoming is in 2 months!" Piper exclaimed. Jason rolled his eyes at her.

"We don't need dates." Bianca stated.

"Yeah!" Zoë agreed. "Besides, we get to wear pretty tuxedos." She genuinely seemed excited about this, which didn't at surprise me.

The fact that Annabeth hadn't been asked by Percy yet and Piper hadn't been asked by Jason yet was honestly fine by me. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see my friends happy! But if it meant that I could spend a night with my friends instead of alone than, sheesh, sounds good to me!

Piper looked at me. She began to speak but I, expecting the worst (her asking me about my plans), interrupted her by turning to Calypso.

"So, Sunshine-"

"Don't call me that." Calypso growled.

I ignored her, and carried on. "Who do you plan on going with?"

"What?"

"Oh, I don't know, isn't there a hot guy you're going with?"

Calypso scoffed and flipped around. Geez. Zoë looked at her uncertainly, almost said something, and changed her mind.

What was her problem?

Mr. Brunner stood up from his seat, and announced that class had ended. Before anyone could say our farewells, Calypso sped out of class.

Zoë sighed and picked up her things. "Excuse me."

Then, she too, left the room.

"Okay then," Hazel said. "Next class?"

We all agreed, and left.

--------

The rest of the day, I was (as usual) ignored by Calypso. I tried speaking to her, but everytime I would get no response Zoë would just tell me it was "best to leave her alone, and try again later". Well I tried again, and the same thing happened.

By the time the day ended, I was still being ignored by Calypso. Today, I was driving Piper home.

"What're you thinking about?" Piper asked me.

"How'd you know I was thinking about someone?"

Piper snorted. "I never said anything about you thinking about someone." I blushed and turned away. "Now you have to tell me!"

"Ugh, Piper!"

She pushed me to tell her, and I finally gave in. "Okay, okay! Its just... it's Calypso. Do you think she's mad at me?"

Piper as usual, she snorted. Man, she had a bad habit of doing that. "Why do you care?"

I thought about an answer, but she got to her sentence before I could start mine.

"WAIT!" She shrieked, a large grin forming on her face. "DO YOU LIKE CALYPSO?"

"What- I- No!"

"You do, you do, you do!"

"Ugh, Piper!"

"Ohhh, Leo this is great! This is like, your first decent crush!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Leo, you know what I mean! Thalia doesn't even date, that girl in 7th grade was like 2 years older than you- talk about weird- and now," she poked me in the arm. "You have a new crush who's actually, well, hopefully romantically interested, pretty- not that the other girls weren't pretty!- and kin!? Leo, she's a steal!"

I groaned and pulled up into Piper's driveway. First however, she had to unlock the gates to her house. I forgot to mention- Piper's dad is like, loaded. He's this famous actor, and makes a ton of money. She can't really spend a ton of time with him, and is usually at home alone. But anyways,

"Listen, Piper. You really can't tell anyone about this- and I'm serious!"

"Why not?" Piper pouted.

"Because..." I knew why I didn't want her to tell anyone. #1 was to save me from embarrassment. #2 was so my "relationship" with Calypso wasn't as bad as it already was. And the third but definitely not final reason was because Calypso was, like most of my other crushes, way out of my league. She was too pretty and kind and mature and- just everything I wasn't. I was going to make something up, but at last I decided, "She's too good for me."

Piper looked at me pitifully. "Even if that was true.... I don't think you should give up, Leo. You've got an amazing heart, and any girl could be lucky to have you."

"Thanks, Pipes."

"Of course, Leo." She gave me a kiss- a sisterly one mind you- on the cheek and got out of the car. "Love you!" she called out as she was running up the stairs to her home.

"Love you too!"

Maybe it was true that Calypso was out of my league. But I knew Piper was 100% right about one thing. I couldn't give up on Calypso, no matter how hard it might be.

---------------

i'm literally so sorry for this filler chapter- in reuturn i'll release 2 today instead of one 😁

and btw, i know homecoming isn't really that big a deal, i just wrote it like that bc why not lol

i hope you all enjoyed this chapter, tysm for reading, and bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 693 35
This book is about frazel, caleo, Jiper, solangelo, Tratie, Brason, Percabeth bacically any percy Jackson & HoO Ship Name one-Shots you can Name. Cre...
27.5K 571 14
What I wish had happened from the Austere Academy on wards! Very fluffy with hints of Dunclet and Quiglet, but mostly truckloads of Kladora! Spoilers...
5.7K 315 23
โDumbledore's Army, still recruiting.โž โ‡ข ห—หห‹ Open and Hiring เฟเพ‚ .ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. โWattpad is so dry nowadays. We, the students of Hogwarts, must sort...
55.4K 1K 94
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...