Honey, Hold Me Tight || Compl...

By theayushijain

"We can't tell anyone about our relationship, okay?" "okay." Dean and Keit have to hide their relationship fr... More

Copyright
1) Ready For College
2) The Popular Ones
3) Hot Professor Incoming!
4) Scandalous Milkshake
5) An Interesting Coincidence
6) It's Complicated
7) Broken Hearts
8) A New Arrival
9) Show A Little Loving
10) New Bonds
11) Brewing Troubles
12) When Life Gives You Lemons
13) That Boy From Mechanical Engineering
14) The Cracks In Our Hearts
15) Love On The Line
16) Changing Dynamics
17) What Just Happened?
18) A Rough Path
19) Can't Take It Anymore
Author's Note
20) Reminiscing The Past- Part 1
Reminiscing the past- Part 2
21) Everything is falling apart
22) Salted Wounds
23) Let the game begin- Part 1
Let the game begin- Part 2
24) Painful realization
25) Jealousy Strikes!
26) Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!
27) The Light Of Truth
28) Exposed!
29) Damage control
HAPPY NEW YEAR!🥳🎇
30) Destined to be together
31.1) Pain and grief
31.2) Attack and repercussions
32.1) The rightful judgement
33) Hold me tight
Epilogue- Dean and Keit❤
Epilogue- Zen and Kai❤
Bonus Chapter- Scary Senior, I Hate You
Bonus Chapter- It has never been easy for us(1)
Bonus Chapter- It has never been easy for us(2)
Bonus Chapter- Boyfriends
Author's Note
Special Chapter(Announcement at the end)
ZenKai Anniversary Special

32.2) The cat is out of the bag

558 21 98
By theayushijain

"Wake up, Kai." Kai whines in his sleep and then nuzzles further in the warmth as arms around him tighten.

"We have to drop Keit at the hospital and then meet with Maya." The words are whispered in his ear but he refuses to wake up. Zen keeps continuously running his fingers through Kai's hair so, how will he?

Zen chuckles and places a kiss on Kai's head. Keit is also dead asleep, having nothing to do with the outside world. Zen decides to remove his hands from around his husband and get ready first. As soon as he gets up from the bed, Kai starts squirming, his hands wandering on the bed, searching for the warmth of Zen's body. Zen's heart soars at the sight in front of him. He smiles and shakes his head and then proceeds to go and get ready.

Kai stretches on bed and finally opens his eyes, pouting when he doesn't see Zen beside him. Such an asshole!

He sits up and checks his phone. His eyes almost fall out from the sockets when he sees a text message from none other than Korn.

I'm okay, Kai. I just needed some time away from everything. Thank you so much for checking on me. Also, congratulations. I saw the news of Yours and Mister Wongsuwan's marriage.

Kai dials Korn's number again. He was so scared about Korn's disappearance but he's glad that his friend is okay. He couldn't check up on him for the past few days because of all the things going on in the family but thankfully he got a reply now.

"Hello"

"KORN! Where were you all this time? I was so worried about you! You could've informed me before disappearing!" Kai scolds, not giving any chance to Korn to speak.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. I know I should've informed you but at that time, I was just so overwhelmed, I just couldn't do anything right."

Kai sighs. He just can't pretend to be mad at Korn, can he?

"It's okay. Don't do it next time. You can always talk to me if there's something bothering you."

Korn smiles at Kai's reply. How can he tell Kai that he is hopelessly in love with him and needed time away to heal his broken heart?

"Thank you so much, Kai. Are you free today?"

"Uh, actually, I have to go to the family lunch today and it's very important."

"Then, tomorrow?"

"Well, I'm not really sure when I'll be free. There is so much going on here. How about I call you when I'm free and then we decide where to meet?"

"Of course. What is happening? Is it something serious?"

"I'll tell you everything in detail when we meet." Korn gives an okay and they end the call. On cue, Zen comes out of the bathroom, drying his hair.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Korn. That man finally decides to call me back!" Zen's face turns serious and Kai tilts his head in confusion.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." Kai frowns at Zen's reply. What happened to him suddenly?

Kai gets up from the bed and stretches and converts the bed into a sofa. Zen walks out of the room, doing something on his phone and Kai looks at the doorway, lost. Did he do something to upset Zen?

Kai freshens up and exits the room and he sees Zen busy on his laptop.

"Zen. Did I do something to upset you?" Zen looks up from his work and realizes what Kai is talking about. He sighs and opens up his arm, inviting Kai to sit next to him. Kai walks straight towards him and sticks himself next to his husband. Zen rounds his arm on Kai's shoulder and brings him closer to plant a kiss on his forehead.

"No, hon. You didn't do anything. I'm being stupid here." He knows he's being ridiculous. He knows Korn loves Kai and is much better man than him so it bothered him a bit when Kai said he was talking to Korn. Kai won't ever look at Korn in a romantic way but still, he got a bit jealous.

"But why? Tell me." Kai whines. He can't tell. It's not his place.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry." Zen coos and pecks Kai's lips.

Kai tugs at Zen's sweater, still trying to persuade him to tell the reason he got iffy earlier for a few minutes.

"Mhmmm, I want to take you somewhere tomorrow so don't make any other plans, okay?" Kai gets curious and looks at Zen in question.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise." Zen smiles smugly.

"I want to know, Zennnnn." Kai whines making Zen chuckle at his child like behavior.

"It's for you only. You'll find out tomorrow." Kai lightly punches Zen's chest, sulking and tries to get up but Zen pulls him back down grabs him by his nape.

"It's a matter of just one day." Zen whispers and slams his lips of Kai's, making the latter moan softly whose eyes then turn wide as he pulls away from the kiss and looks here and there, hoping that Artem and Keit didn't hear him.

"It was such a faint sound. No one heard it, Kai." Zen reassures him.

"Yeah, yeah. You control yourself. Kiss me tomorrow then. After you give me the surprise."

It is now Zen's eyes that go wide.

"What?"

"It's just a matter of one day, Zen. Don't complain." Kai smiles cheekily and frees himself from Zen's hold and announces that he's going to make breakfast. Zen also follows him to kitchen counter to help him and steals a few kisses here and there.

Artem steps out of the room and hears some bickering coming from the kitchen's direction. He laughs when he sees Zen being clingy and Kai elbowing him on his stomach.

"Stop pestering Kai, you cartoon." Zen turns back and glares at his best friend as Kai snickers.

"Are you my best friend or his?" Zen asks, feigning offence.

"Obviously yours. That's why it's my moral duty to piss you off every chance I get." Kai and Artem snicker as Zen cross his arms, watching the two in annoyance.

"Aww, don't get annoyed." Artem rounds his arm on Zen shoulder and Kai wraps his arms around Zen's waist.

"You are forever stuck with us." Kai mumbles and smiles teasingly at the silver eyed man.

"I won't change it for anything in this world." Zen smiles as the two dorks aww at his reply.

"We need to wake up the kid. It's getting quite late and he said his friends will be visiting the hospital today." Artem reminds the two of them. Zen nods and goes in Keit's room. The boy is wrapped up in his blanket like a burrito and his face holds distress. Zen frowns. Yesterday's events have taken a toll on him. They should've comforted Keit more and should've not allowed him to be alone.

"Wake up, Keit." Zen calls him softly.

No response.

Zen pulls the blanket slightly away from Keit and he starts squirming.

"Wake up, Keit. We have to go to the hospital. Your friends will visit today. Did you forget?"

Keit rubs his eye with one hand and stretches with the other, yawning.

"I'm up, I'm up." Keit slowly opens his eyes and sits up, only to plop back down again, making Zen laugh.

Zen grabs Keit's arms and pulls him up and Keit whines.

"Come on, don't be a lazy bum. Get up." Keit huffs and gets out of the bed.

"I'll be ready in a few minutes." Keit slurs and stumbles to the bathroom. Zen laughs and shakes his head.

Zen exits the room and joins Artem and Kai in the kitchen who are talking about some random things.

"Artem, what do you want for lunch? We'll prepare it. You know we won't be here because of the family meeting Maya called." Artem smiles at his best friend gratefully.

"Thanks, Zen but I'll be busy this afternoon. I have somewhere to be." Zen and Kai both nod and then the three get back to preparing the breakfast and setting up the table.

Keit comes out of the room, looking fresh and ready but there's one thing that catches Zen's eyes. He turns to look at Kai and when his husband makes eye contact with him, he signals towards Keit. When Kai notices the redness on Keit's cheek, he frowns but doesn't say anything. Artem is oblivious to everything and continues to eat his breakfast.

When they all are done, Artem goes to his room and Zen and Kai ask Keit to go to the room and wait for them.

"Zen, I'm so worried about Keit." Zen cups his cheek and kisses his cheek.

"I am too. Yesterday's events are still weighing on him. We just have to make sure he knows we're there for him."

Kai nods and walks inside the room along with Zen where Keit is waiting for them, sitting on the couch.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks as he stands up, his eyes shining with curiosity.

Kai steps towards him and holds his shoulders and makes him sit again and takes a seat beside him. Zen proceeds to sit on the other side of Keit as the younger male gulps. Did he do something to get in trouble?

Kai's eyes land on the red mark on Keit neck. He gently pulls down his turtle and gasps when he sees a bright red mark hidden beneath.

"What is this Keit? Tell us."

"I just scrubbed it hard. I felt dirty. We- Weston- he- he kissed my cheek and- and sniffed my neck." Keit sniffles, his voice coming out wobbly. Zen and Kai look at him with soft expressions, feeling bad for what happened with him.

"Oh, Keit. It's not your fault. You can never be dirty. The ones who assault you are dirty. They are disgusting. You are the strong one. You protected yourself and I'm so proud." Kai wraps his arm around Keit's shoulder to comfort him and so does Zen. Zen wipes Keit's tears and holds his hand.

"You don't need to worry about anything, Keit. Your elder brother is here to protect you. No matter how much older you and Dean get, you will always be kids for me and can always come to me whenever help is needed."

"Thank you." Keit's voice breaks as he let's himself be engulfed in a hug by Zen. He is so lucky he got such people in his life because of his Dean.

"Please, don't tell anything to Dean." Keit requests after pulling away from the hug.

"Of course. You'll have to tell him when he recovers though." Keit nods at Kai and they all get up, finally ready to leave for the hospital.

Keit decides that he'll inform his and Dean's friends about what happened with Stephanie and Weston after they meet Dean or else it'll be hard for them to not spill it to Dean. He's worried about Amy. She's has always been sweet to him. She'll be heartbroken when she finds out what her boyfriend tried to do.

They're about to walk out of the gate when Artem gets out of his room and all three pause, staring at him, mouth agape.

His hair are neatly styled sideways, giving him an innocent look. He is rocking a lapis blazer over the lightest of blue shirt, white, perfectly tailored pants and matching lapis colored belt.

He is dressed to impressed.

"Where are you going and why do you look so innocent? You're anything but innocent!"

Artem rolls his eyes so hard at Zen's words that his eyeballs almost get stuck at the back of his head.

"I have something important to attend and I need the people's approval there. Now, if you excuse me, dear friends, I'll go and rock the show." Artem shows them a peace sign and exits the place before them, throwing the keys towards Zen who catches it without any problem and informs him they're extra.

They all then leave for the hospital and the car ride is filled with Keit's animated talks on the phone with his friends. Basically, him threatening them all to not start bickering with the seniors who will also visit today and wait for Keit to go and meet Dean.

Keit can't wait for his friends to go ghostly pale when they see The Zen Wongsuwan with him. He is so tempted to request Zen to be all strict, expressionless in front of his friends but it will be cruel. Fun but cruel.

Keit runs inside the hospital as Zen parks the car and Kai waits for him. All his friends are waiting for him at the hospital lobby and they all stand up when they see him running in.

Keit runs and slams right into Mitch's chest who readily wraps his arms around his friend and the Achara, Theo and Flora also join for the group hug.

"Are you okay? How is Dean?" Mitch questions after they all pull away from the hug.

"He's fine now. Slowly recovering but sometimes it pains so much."

"He'll be fine, don't worry." Theo assures and Keit gives him a thankful smile for trying to cheer him up.

"Did you find out who attacked him?" Achara asks and all of them look at Keit curiously. They also want to know the same.

"I'll tell you all everything after meeting Dean. He doesn't need anymore stress right now." Mitch purses his lips but nods in understanding.

"Let's go and meet him then." Theo says and pulls Keit's hand but the latter stops him. "We have to wait for Dean's cousin. He's in the parking lot."

Their eyes go wide at Keit's words.

"You- you mean-"

"Someone with silver eyes." Keit replies cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows, not letting Mitch complete his sentence.

"Holy shit, he recently announced his marriage with our professor. I totally forgot to talk about that!" Achara squeals.

"Obviously. How could you gossip about that when Keit informed us about Dean getting attack? Compassion says hello!" Flora rolls her eyes and all of them look at her surprised. Achara looks like she knows something. Her face holds guilt and Keit is tempted to ask her about it in front of everyone but suppresses the urge.

Before anyone of them can comment about Flora's snapping, Zen and Kai walk in and all of them, excluding Keit, gasp.

Kai stands in front of his students, giving them an awkward smile, rubbing his arm nervously. Why the heck is he feeling so embarrassed? Stop it, Kai! You're their teacher, dammit, why so nervous? He mentally scolds himself. Okay, he can't help it. He's shy.

Zen notices Kai's discomfort and his hand reaches out towards his waist and caresses it, turning him a bright shade of red. Stupid Zen!

Keit smirks, noticing Zen's action and the looking at his friends whose eyes are zeroed on Zen's hand on Kai's waist. Kai notices too and clears his throat, bringing the attention to his face.

"Oh- sir- Good morning professor!" Mitch exclaims. The other follow as Keit suppresses a laugh. Zen grins at them and greets them with a hello when they all say Good morning, mister Wongsuwan in unison.

"Keit!" a voice comes and Ohm comes running in and stops right in front of Keit and pulls his ear.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" He cries.

"You dare not tell me earlier that my best friend is injured!" Ohm scolds him.

"Sorry!" Keit whines and Ohm lets him go, not before smacking him at the back of his head lightly, making the younger boy pout.

Amy, Gina, Jake and Jude follow and stand shocked when they see Zen and Kai. Well, they can see their backs but they recognize Kai and the other man has his arm around his waist and there's no way it's anyone other than Zen. Gina and Amy lost their shit when they read the news about their professor and Zen Wongsuwan being married.

"Hello, sirs. Good morning." They all wish the two. The conversation which can barely be called a conversation is awkward so Zen just asks them to hurry and go to meet Dean as him and Kai follow after.

Keit enters Dean's room first and runs towards his boyfriend whose face lights up at the sight of his love running towards him.

"Deano!" Keit squeals and drops feather light kisses over Dean's face hurriedly. Dean is about to ask what got him in a hurry when Ohm enters the room, followed by all his and Keit's friends. Dean is pleasantly surprised and smiles at his friends. Amy puts her hand on her heart as she feels terrible, looking at her friend lying in a hospital, all bandaged up.

Gina walks up to him and smiles.

"My, My. First guy who looks handsome even if lying on a hospital bed, huh." She teases and Dean winks at her.

"What can I say, I was born handsome."

"Sure, you were." Gina and Dean snicker away and Keit laughs when Gina looks at him and puts up both her hands in surrender.

"I leave you for a few days and you get beaten up." Ohm comments as he holds Dean's arm. His face shows how concerned he is for his best friend.

"You shouldn't have left before me. You know how reckless I am."

"Idiot." Ohm mutters and Dean sticks his tongue out.

Kai and Zen are already seated on the couch and let the younger ones to meet Dean first. After that they all sit on the sofa set except for Keit, who sits next to Dean.

All of them ask Dean how he is doing and talk to him about one thing or another, occasionally making him laugh. Keit whines about Ohm scolding him on call and then pulling his ears and Dean playfully scolds his best friend which is enough to appease Keit who wiggles his eyebrows to Ohm afterwards and the senior just rolls his eyes.

"Congratulations, professor Kai and welcome to the family. I know I am bit too late to greet you but oh well." Dean directs the conversation towards Kai and now everyone is looking at him.

"Uh, Thank you." Kai smiles at him and then everyone congratulates him and Zen.

"We're so happy for you both." Amy comments and Gina nods in support. Before the married couple can reply, Ohm speaks up.

"Yeah, they are so happy that they spent almost two hours on our conference call whining about how unfair it is that now they can't fangirl over you two." Both the girls' face heats up as the room erupts in laughter.

"We did not! You lying bitch!"

Dean gasps at Gina's word and adds on to the teasing.

"Cursing in front of your potential future employer? How could you?"

Gina shows him a punch and he continues to laugh.

"Oh, Dean, I don't know what happened but I can't reach Weston and Stephanie. I'm trying to reach them since tomorrow, after Ohm told us about your condition but no luck." Amy informs and Keit stills at the mention of his tormentors and shares a look with Zen and Kai.

"It's fine." Dean replies.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot. Archie said he'll meet you after two days. He has gone for a trip abroad with his family and will return tomorrow." Dean nods at Theo.

"Archie? That boy from Mechanical Engineering?" Kai asks, surprised. He has heard about this student and the boy has some reputation which he side-eyes.

"Uh, yes." Theo turns red and looks down. Mitch, who is sitting next to him, nudges his shoulder playfully and asks him why he's blushing and receives a glare in return.

"You know that student?" Zen asks to which Kai nods.

"Teachers talk in the staffroom, you know. I've heard somethings. The boy got a reputation." Kai explains.

"He's not like that!" Theo jumps to defend his boyfr- no, friend. They still aren't official yet. Archie hasn't asked him and he'll be lying if he says it doesn't bother him.

"Oohhoooooooo!" everyone makes the teasing sound and Theo wishes for the ground to open up and swallow him.

"Hey, don't tease my friend like that." Keit protests playfully and everyone chuckles.

"Not like what? What did he do?" Zen asks, not curiously. He just wants to tease Dean and Keit's friends.

Before Theo can say something, Kai starts speaking.

"Well, you know, everyone calls he The Bad Boy of the college. Cold, ruthless, mean and what not. Has a short fuse, beats up people and all." Theo sulks as Kai lists all these bad qualities.

"He's a good person though." Theo mumbles and everyone hears him and chuckle at his cuteness.

"Theo is right. He is really helpful and he doesn't hurt anyone until he has a reason to." Keit supports his friend in defending Archie.

"Oh, he's Kai 2.0" Zen comments and Kai's eyes go wide. He just did not do that! Zen Wongsuwan!

"What?" everyone exclaims altogether and Zen smirks at Kai, unaffected by the glare the latter is shooting his way.

"Yeah. Kai was also a bad ass during our college days. He beat up the seniors who bullied his friends and I can assure you, he is alone enough to cause some severe damage."

"Oh My God! Sir, can you please tell more." Gina squeals and claps her hands. The others also nod their heads wanting to know more about their professor. Kai groans and punches Zen's shoulder, making his husband laugh.

"Of course, I can tell you more. He had such a massive female fan following. Everyone swooned over him when he wore his all-black outfit and rode his bike. He broke so many hearts on Valentine's day because he was pining over..." Zen gestures towards himself, feeling so proud.

"Oh please. You had a bigger fan following than I can ever have. You were just too terrifying for anyone to approach." Kai rolls his eyes.

"Excuse me? I was very calm and collected."

"And still so terrifying. Imagine you revealed your true side to them. everyone would've left the college in fear that you'll maul them to death."

"That is such a lie"

"Yeah, stop lying, Zen Wongsuwan!"

"Oh my god, they're so married!" Gina squeals, stopping their bickering and making everyone laugh.

"We see you on TV, you radiate such a powerful aura and the first impression is, no one is allowed to speak in front of you, look straight at you and it's just so amusing to see our kind professor arguing and being so playful. Damn." Jude's eyes are wide in astonishment.

"Duh. They're married. What do you expect?" Jack rolls his eyes at his brother and smacks the back of his head and receives a blow on his shoulder in return.

"Okay, okay. No fighting." Kai stops them before the two make this room a wrestling ring.

"I know it's hard to believe but I really am not like Hitler." Kai scoffs at Zen's words and is pulled in his husband arms who puts him on a headlock and shakes him slowly.

"Why are you scoffing huh."

"Nothing, nothing." Kai replies while laughing while the rest look at them adoringly.

"Dean, where are uncle and aunt?" Zen asks as he releases his hold on Kai a little but not completely.

"They are in the canteen. I threw them out so they can have lunch. They literally stick to me all day and coddle me, ignoring their own health." Dean huffs out and Zen smiles at him.

"That's parents for you." the brothers share an understanding smile.

The younger ones get busy in their conversation and Kai scoots closer to Zen and whispers

"It's almost time now. I think we should get going." He shows Zen his watch and it's 2 pm. "Okay, love." They both get up and walk towards Dean.

"I hope we get to meet properly soon at home where you're healthy and fine." Dean smiles at Kai.

"I hope so too."

"Take care, Dean." Zen pats his shoulder lightly and the couple takes their leave, reminding Keit to call them once he's ready to leave and make their way out.

"Guys, it's noon. I think you should go to the canteen and eat something. The nurses will be here any minute now, with my boring ass hospital food."

"Nah, we'll get something to eat here only. No one leaving this room today until it's time for us to leave." Ohm says firmly and Dean scoffs, secretly happy that his friends love him so much.

Keit's phone starts ringing and it's from his mother. He leaves the room to pick up the call because he knows his mom will ask him why he wasn't at Dean's home yesterday and then Dean will know the truth and will then ask why he didn't visit him in the hospital.

Keit gets one hell of a scolding from his mum for not calling her at all yesterday and he just whines.

"I was really tired, mumma. Dean's brother ordered me to rest so that I can meet Deano today." His mum can only sigh.

"Your father and I are coming to the hospital in the evening. How is Dean?"

Keit's heart starts pounding in his chest. What if his mum tells Dean that Keit wasn't at his house yesterday? He'll have to stop her but this means he'll have to tell his parents the truth and God knows what his father will do then.

"Keit?" his train of thoughts break and he replies his mum.

"He's doing much better now and mine and his friends are here to visit him so he is very happy."

"That's good. Poor child. I hope he recovers soon."

"Mhm."

"We'll meet in the evening then." Keit says okay and with that they end the call. He just hopes Zen and Kai are here when he tells the truth to his parents. He can't just hide such a thing from them.

He enters the room and sits next to Dean's bed again.

"Who was it?" asks his boyfriend.

"Mum."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. My parents will come in the evening to meet you."

Dean smiles and nods.

"Jude and I will get something to eat. Tell us what you all want?" Jake declares and everyone says anything will do.

"Jude, you stay. I will go with Jake." Amy says out of nowhere and everyone looks at her in surprise, especially Jake.

"It's okay, Ames. I'll go with Jake."

Amy smiles at Jude. "Jude, I'll go with him." She says with finality and Jude nods. Jake scratches the back of his neck. Gina wants to pull Amy aside and ask her what the hell is going on and the others are just speechless. Well, the juniors are just here for the drama because they really don't know what is happening between Amy and Jake except Theo. Archie mentioned Jake liking Amy and choosing the asshole Weston over him.

"Okay, them. Let's go." Jake smiles at Amy and they both make their way out of the room. They both walk in silence and when they reach the entrance of the canteen, Amy finally speaks.

"Why are you avoiding me, Jake?"

Jake is startled at her question and chuckles awkwardly.

"N- no. What are you saying, Amy? I'm not avoiding you." Jake tries to end the conversation and tries to walk ahead but Amy grabs his arms.

"You also know that you are avoiding me. You never hang out with our group. You don't meet my eyes whenever we cross paths. I have a feeling that you don't want to be my friend anymore."

Jake takes a deep breath and closes his eyes in irritation. What is he supposed to say now?

"It's not that I don't want to be your friend. It's just hard for me, okay."

"What is hard for you?" Amy is getting more and more confused. It has been hard for her to see Jake ignoring her. Changing his direction whenever he sees Amy coming his way. One day, the boys were hanging out together and she was out shopping with Gina and Steph. They met them all accidentally and Jake left after glancing at her. It's been clawing at her insides and she wants answers.

"You are Weston's girlfriend now."

"So what?" she wants to slap the holy hell out of Jake now. Is he avoiding her because of some problems between him and Weston?

"Nothing, Amy. Just let it go."

"No. I will not let it go. Tell me why are you avoiding me. Why does it matter that I am with Weston?"

"Because I like you, dammit!"

Silence

That is what greets him after he confesses his feelings for his friend.

"Wh- what?" Amy is shell shocked. She doesn't know how to respond. She'll be lying if she says she had no idea about it. She is just surprised Jake said it. Well, she forced him to say it. Can't blame him.

"You heard what I said, Amy. It doesn't matter now. I'll get over it and to do that, I need to stay away from you."

"What about our friendship?" Amy wants to tell Jake to not avoid her. she doesn't want to lose a friend.

"You'll always be my friend, Ames. I just need some time. That is all." Jake doesn't meet Amy's eyes. Not even once or he would've seen them getting misty as she tries to reign in her tears. She swallows the lump in her throat and mumbles softly.

"You're not being fair to me."

Jake clenches his fists and grits his teeth.

"I am being fair to myself."

"You're Dean's friends, right?" Dean's parents spot them and walk towards them and Preeda calls them before Amy can reply Jake. They've seen Pictures of Dean's friends and recognize Amy.

"Hello, Uncle. Hello Aunty." Jake greets them and Amy follows.

"My name is Jake and this is Amy. We're here to pick up something to eat."

"There are other people too?" Dean's father asks and Jake and Amy nods.

"Come on then. Let's get something to eat for all of you. Take whatever you want."

"No, No uncle. We will buy it ourselves." Jake tries to stop Dean's parents but they don't listen.

"Don't be silly, Jake." Dean's mother smiles and Jake and Amy reluctantly give in. They end up buying sandwiches and juice because it will be awkward if they eat something like burger and Dean has to eat the boring and bland hospital meal.

They go back to Dean's room and all his friends greets his parents and they all start chatting as usual. It is his friends mostly roasting him and saying he was so sly and hid Keit from everyone so well and yet never allowed anyone to go near him and of course, Keit turns red when everyone goes on with their own version of Dean and Keit saga and Dean's Parents join in, telling them all the incidents which gave them an idea that their son is falling for Keit.

❤❤❤

Zen and Kai finally arrive at Mon Amour resort. Stupid Maya called it a restaurant. Kai sulks. It's the first time Kai is out with Zen at such a big place, in front of the public eye and he is praying to the heavens that he better not embarrass Zen by being weird.

He is so nervous, he doesn't even Zen staring at him and his fidgeting as none of them make any move to get out of the car.

"Why are you so nervous?" Zen finally asks, bringing Kai out of his thoughts.

"I- Uh. I don't know.."

Zen puts his hand over Kai's, effectively stopping him from squirming. Kai looks at him and then looks away. Zen sighs and hold his husband's chin. Making his face turn and meeting his eyes.

"How will I know if you don't tell me?"

Kai gulps. "I am scared I will do something stupid and embarrass you. I've never been to such a big place before. I know everyone will have their eyes fixed on you and your family. I just don't want to give you a bad name."

Zen remains silent for a few seconds, just looking at Kai. His silly man.

"I get it." Kai's eyes widen at Zen's words who is just smiling at him softly.

"I get it that you're nervous. People do pretend a lot when visiting a place like this but you are a professor who leads the personality development department of a whole damn college. You know better than the PD teachers themselves. Hell, you train the students how to face situations that are worse. This is just a family lunch, my love. You will be fine."

Kai smiles when Zen caresses his cheek lovingly.

"My Kai can never embarrass me. If you feel like it's getting too much, you tell me."

Kai nods and closes his eyes when Zen pecks his forehead. Kai hurriedly pecks Zen's lips in return, making the latter smile.

"I can't wait for tomorrow."

Kai's eyebrows furrow as he looks at Zen in confusion.

"What is tomorrow?" Zen smiles and nuzzles his nose with his, not answering his question and steps out of the car after removing his seatbelt. Kai also unfastens his seatbelt and steps out of the car, running to catch up to Zen. Not much effort needed. Zen is already waiting for him.

As soon as Kai is at arm's length, Zen wraps his arm around his waist and pulls him closer. Kai doesn't even notice it because he is too busy asking Zen what is so special about tomorrow to which the silver eyed male just smiles, giving no reply.

Many eyes fall on the couple as they make their way inside the resort, looking so much in love, Kai's previous nervousness already forgotten. Some people don't miss a chance of clicking a shot and it is sure the pictures will appear in one of the magazines or newspaper.

Kai doesn't even take in the grand setting of the resort and is just busy giving puppy dog eyes to Zen.

"They usually work very well on me but not this time, honey."

"If you didn't want to tell me then why did you mention it?" Kai pouts and Zen chuckles at him.

"I just wanted some build up." Kai sighs and then looks away, finally noticing his surroundings. They are in the dining area now and all he can see is people subtly glancing their way. That's when Kai realizes that he is really sticking to Zen, no space left between them as Zen holds his waist, tightly. His cheeks turn red and he tries to move away but failing miserably when Zen tightens his hold on him, not let him separate.

"People are watching." He whispers in Zen's ear.

"So what? I'm holding my husband. No one should have a problem with that."

Kai doesn't say anything and just keeps on moving. Zen is right. He can hold him!

They enter the outdoor dining area and Kai's eyes light up. He takes in the beautiful garden setting, the private booth set up far away from each other for the guests. Zen takes him to their booth which is in the VIP lounge.

Kai gasps when he sees the beautiful arrangement made for their lunch. Beautiful white curtains decorating the pine pergolas. Blue orchids flower arrangement on their table for a pop of color. The sight is so aesthetic, Kai feels his eyes are blessed. Maya, Artem and Zen's parents are already waiting for them, seated on the white colored wooden chairs. Wait, Artem?

Kai and Zen make their way over to them and get seated comfortably.

"Artem?" Zen is just as surprised as Kai but it doesn't take him long to put two and two together. Artem nervously glances at his best friend because he knows there is a possibility that Zen might whoop his ass.

"I am just as confused as you." Boonsri states while Narong just stares at his daughter. He knows what's happening.

Maya is nervously looking at Zen and Kai, smiling when Kai nods at her reassuringly.

"So, why did you call us here?" Boonsri asks in her usual dry tone. Looks like the slap has lost its effect. Kai immediately feels bad after thinking this way about his mother-in-law.

"Uh, I think we should have lunch first and then talk." Narong states and Kai nods his head in agreement. God knows if they'll get to eat after the talk.

The menu is completely Chinese and Kai is internally dancing in joy.

They have vegetable Lo Mein, vegetable stir fry, vegetable dumpling with sweet and sour sauce and Sichuan-style cucumber salad.

Even though Kai sticks to the vegetarian dishes, he really likes eggs and so does Zen so they order Omelets on the side along with some mocktails too, much to Boonsri's annoyance. She really hates any kind of non-vegetarian food and doesn't want her kids to consume it.

They all start preparing their plates in comfortable silence. When Kai is putting the Lo Mein in his plate, Maya's eyes fall on his hand, or more specifically, on the ring on his finger, shining brightly.

"I'm so happy to finally see the ring on your finger." She comments as Kai's hands pause in the middle of pouring the noodles and an access of it falls on his plate. He keeps the bone china crockery away and smiles at his sister-in-law.

"I am happy to finally wear it too."

Zen smiles and glances at his own ring, feeling at peace. Kai looks at his plate and pouts. Zen chuckles and puts the access noodles on his face because he didn't take them before.

"Hey, guys wait. Before we all dig in and get lost in this deliciousness, let's do this noodle game thing." Maya says, clapping her hands like an excited child. Artem seems to know which game she is talking about because he groans and tries to hide his face with his hand.

"Come on, it will be fun!" She nudges his shoulder.

"We are in a public place." Artem whines.

"So what? No one can see us, no one can hear us."

"What game?" She smiles brightly at her father's question while Boonsri looks at him in disbelief. Her husband just needs a chance to go crazy with their children.

Maya explains that they need take as many noodles at once as they can and put it in their mouth without making the slurp sound. Kai and Zen burst out laughing while Boonsri rolls her eyes. Artem is just shaking his head.

"It will be fun." Kai comments, still trying to stop laughing.

"Let's do it!" Zen also agrees.

"I'm out." Boonsri says and Maya just shrugs.

"I'll start." Maya picks up the noodles with her fork. Yes, fork. They all said no to chop sticks because they don't know how to use them. Narong's eyes widen at the noodle mountain she picked up and Zen has already taken out his phone, ready to record.

"Do it!" Kai cheers on as Artem snickers.

Maya does this first, stuffing her mouth with the noodles and had to slurp to get it all in, effectively losing the game. Everyone on the table is dying of laughter as she places her hand on her mouth to not laugh and throw the food out. That will be so gross.

She hurriedly chews, hand still over her mouth and finally breathes a sigh of relief when she's done.

Zen, Kai and Artem do it at the same time and all lose. Maya lets out a snort and it makes everyone go into a fit of laughter, tears coming out from their eyes.

"I'll try it too." Narong says when they are done with their turn and stuffs his face too.

"Narong.." Boonsri laughs as her husbands has a hard time swallowing the noodles. He loses too.

"Look at us. Grown ass adults doing this at a public place." Zen comments, still laughing.

"I'll never forget this." Kai snickers.

"I can't believe my children can behave like pigs. So disappointing." Narong comments, feigning disappointment.

"Hello, Mister Wongsuwan. You played the game too!" Maya teases him and they all burst out laughing, Boonsri included.

They all continue their lunch, talking and laughing, promising that no one will mention what they did in the game to anyone ever again. They'll lose the rights to judge people on their etiquettes during an interview.

Maya smiles when Zen lovingly offers the cucumber salad to Kai who doesn't want to eat it but opens his mouth anyway when Zen feeds him with his own hands. Turns out, he loves it and then happily eats the rest of it.

One hour passes with happy talks and loving moments and now their stomachs are full. Kai feels like his stomach will explode if he even drinks some water now.

The waiters take the empty dishes away and now it is time for the real talk.

"Erm, so" Artem clears his throat and rubs his hands in nervousness. Narong has an expression that says just spill it already. We kind of know what you're about to say.

Maya is also fidgeting next to him and wondering why the hell is she so nervous.

"Mister Wongsuwan-"

"It's uncle to you." Narong cuts Artem's sentence in between, having fun teasing the nervous boy. Zen rolls his eyes because he knows what his father is doing.

"Uncle, Auntie, I- uh- we- Maya and I want to inform you that- that we love each other and intend to marry one day."

"Yes, dad, mom. We've been dating for 2 years and.. and thought it's the right decision to let you all know about it."

There is silence for a total of three and a one and a half minute and it's the most intense silence Maya has ever encountered. Artem holds her hand from under the table and squeezes it, showing that he will be with her no matter what and she should not worry.

"So, you were dating my baby sister behind my back." Zen finally breaks the silence and the words that left his lips sent a chill down Artem's spine. No! oh god. no. no, no! he doesn't want Zen to think he stabbed him on his back or took advantage of his sister.

Kai is confused by his husband's reaction and rubs his arm discretely, worried that a punch can be thrown anytime on poor Artem's face. Zen is unpredictable so he's worried.

"Well, you're lucky that I approve of you two." Zen smiles and Kai chuckles. Artem let's out a sigh of relief and Maya yells an excited YES!

"Man, you scared me!" Artem narrows his eyes at Zen who just winks at him, feeling proud of himself for giving his best friend an amazing scare.

"Now, Now. let's not get too happy. Let us answer." Narong speaks up and silence falls over the table once again and then Boonsri starts question Artem.

"Artem, we know you're a good man and are very much capable of keeping Maya happy but we also know the troubles between you and your family. What is their take on this relationship?"

Artem looks nervously at her and then looks down.

"We didn't inform them yet."

"So, you proposed to her without your family's approval?"

"No, auntie. I didn't propose her yet. We just wanted to have your blessings when we get to that point."

Before Boonsri can say anything else, Narong jumps in.

"Artem, Maya, I am happy that you found each other and I don't know how you managed to keep everything a secret from us for so long." He narrows his eyes playfully at his daughter who makes herself appear small and innocent in front of him.

"The thing is, I am happy for you both and give you my blessings. No one can be better for my daughter but you." Maya and Artem are over the moon by Narong's approval.

"Exactly. Any other guy will just leave the planet because of how bossy Mi is but my friend here, is a daredevil." Maya rolls her eyes at Zen's words and Kai elbows him on his shoulder, telling him to stop teasing his sister.

"I know you all are happy but I think it will be good if we wait and see Artem's parents' reaction before celebrating."

"Do you approve of us, mom?" Maya asks. Boonsri looks at her daughter who is staring back at her with hopeful eyes, just the way she did a few years ago but she crushed her faith. She won't do it again. She wants to see Maya happy.

"Of course, I do."

Kai has a small smile forming on his lips as he glances at Boonsri. She's not that bad after all, huh.

Zen is proud of his mother and Narong gives her a side hug for making this decision.

"But I'd still like if you seek your family's approval." She informs Artem.

"Yes. My parents don't really have much interest in my life but we will inform them and will try our hardest to have their blessings if they have any objections." He reassures his possible future mother-in-law.

"Our Maya is perfect. How can anyone object to her?" Kai says and winks at Maya who gives him a flying kiss.

"Okay, so, we all are here and I have something important to say too." Boonsri announces and has everyone's attention. Narong is super confused because she never mentioned anything about it to him.

"As we all know, I've always had issues with Zen and Kai's... marriage. I know you all have always seen me as a villain who wants to keep two lovers apart but.. I just want to explain myself. It has been so hard for me to accept that my son is in love with another man and that I will never have grandkids. I've grown up believing that these.. same sex relationships are a taboo and it's very hard for me to unlearn it but I am willing to try. For my family's sake."

Everyone smiles at her. Kai's eyes are getting misty as he holds Zen's coat collar for dear life and Zen has his arm around Kai's waist, pulling him closer.

"Thank you so much, mom. It means the world to me."

"We- we understand why you feel our marriage is not acceptable.. and understand why you couldn't support it and I'm glad th- that you're ready to try." Kai says in a soft whisper. Boonsri looks at him and nods.

"I want to ask something before I can actually put my heart into trying to accept this marriage of yours."

Zen and Kai look at her intently and Narong is praying to the heavens to not let her say something dumb and ruin all the progress they've made.

"Ask away, mom."

"When I thought I succeeded in separating you and Kai, I thought you'll be heartbroken for a while and will probably hate me. I thought I'll correct my past wrong doings so I contacted Mihika."

Kai's hand drops from Zen's coat collar and he looks down, his fists clenching.

"I just apologized for my past behavior and she forgave me. she was very happy that I contacted her. I didn't say anything else."

"Why are you telling this to us now?" Zen asks, not liking where this conversation is going.

"The thing is, we know you were head over heals for that girl and she would've been our daughter-in-law if We- more like I didn't push her away."

"Mom.." Zen glares at his mother. This is not something she should be saying when his husband is sitting right beside him.

"I want to know that if by any chance, Mihika comes back and says that she wants to be with you, that she wants to start a new journey with you. You get a chance to have a life which you once wanted with her. What will you do?"

"The one with whom I want to live my life is right here, beside me. She was my past. Kai is my present and future. I'll reject her."

Zen doesn't need to even think of what he'll do. He knows he will reject her. Boonsri nods. Narong clears his throat.

"Well, I guess everything is settled then."

"Yes. It's all good now. I have my answers." Boonsri says.

"I think we all should go now. It was a good time and thank you for accepting us." Maya announces. Everyone stands up and then hug Maya and Artem.

"I'll go to the condo to pack my things and leave now." Artem tells Zen.

"What? You're leaving?"

"Yes, bud. I'll be back next month and will check on your brother Dean too." Zen nods.

"And thank you for approving your sister and I's relationship."

"I know you'll treat her like a queen that she is." Zen pats his best friend's back and ruffles his sister's hair. They all take their leave except for Zen and Kai.

"Are you okay?" Zen asks his husband. Kai smiles at him and pecks Zen's lips over and over again, shocking the silver eyed man. Well, he ain't complaining.

"I am so lucky that I have you in my life. Thank you for loving me so much, Zen."

"My love, don't thank me for it. It's an honor that I get to love and I am so lucky that you love me back."

Zen wraps his arms around Kai, letting the breeze caress their faces, basking in each other's presence.

"Oh, Kai, I have somewhere I need to go and it's urgent. Do you want me to drop you to the hospital?"

Kai ponders over his words and then he gets an idea.

"Actually, Korn wanted to talk to me. I'll ask him if he can meet me now. Can you wait till I call him?"

"Of course." Zen pecks Kai's nose and his husband dials his friend's number.

"Korn, where are you right now? Are you busy?"

"Nah. I'm at the downtown for a coffee."

"Oh, it's just 10 minutes away from the Mon Amour resort. Can you meet me here now? I am also free till the evening."

"Sure. I'll be there in a few."

"Okay." Kai smiles and ends the calls.

"He'll be here soon."

"Okay. I'll send the driver to pick you up."

Kai thanks Zen and pecks his lips. Within fifteen minutes, Korn is out of the resort and Kai gives him the direction to his table.

"I'll take my leave now." Zen kisses Kai's cheeks and leaves. He meets Korn on the way out and shakes his hand.

"Glad to have you back, Korn. Kai was really worried about you."

"I'll apologize to him." Korn smiles. Zen is about to walk past him when Korn stops him again.

"Will it be okay if I tell the truth to Kai today?"

Zen looks at him in confusion. What truth?

"I want to tell him how I feel about him. I want to get it off my chest."

Korn waits for Zen to say something but he doesn't.

"I don't intend on chasing him or something. I know I have no chance with him. I just want him to know." he further explains. Zen nods after a few seconds.

"He does have a right to know. Go ahead then." Zen allows him and takes his leave. Zen thinks it's for the best. At least if Kai decides on breaking his connection with Korn, no one will blame him.

❤❤❤

Keit's mum messages him that they'll be arriving within 10 minutes and he goes into a full-blown panic mode. No no no no! He needs to do something real quick!

Dean yawns as his eyes get droopy.

"Aww, our poor boy is sleepy." Gina coos and then snickers.

"I think we should take our leave then. We'll drop by again soon." Ohm says and everyone agrees. They all shake Dean's hands and exit the room. Keit is internally jumping and thanking God for saving his butt.

He runs after them and stops them all in the lobby and asks them to wait till his parents get here. They all are confused but they agree.

Keit dials Zen's number and prays he picks up. He does.

"Yes, Keit?"

"Zen, sir-"

"What is it, Keit?" Zen chuckles.

"Can you come here? At the hospital? I want to tell everything to my parents and friends and I really need you here."

"Sure. I was on my way back to the condo anyway to get my laptop."

"Okay. Please hurry!"

After 10 minutes, Keit's parents arrive sit in the lobby with him and his friends, just as confused as everyone. After five minutes, Zen arrives and greets Keit's parents.

"What is it, Keit?" Ohm asks, worried.

"I'll help him with that question." Zen takes over the conversation and starts explaining what Weston and Stephanie did to Keit and then what happened to them. Amy is shell shocked and starts crying. Her heart break into pieces when she finds out that Weston sexually assaulted Keit. Everyone else is disgusted by their once friends' action.

Keit's mother holds her child in her arms and cries for him.

"My poor son has to go through so much. I don't know what I would've done if something would've happened to you." She kisses her son's face over and over again as Keit sniffles.

"Is there anyway we can meet those students?" Keit's father asks, his jaws clenched.

"I understand your anger, sir but you don't need to worry about them. Keit has given them a fair share of beating and if anything was left was compensated by my husband. The law will take care of those criminals now." Zen puts his hand on Keit's father's shoulder to reassure him.

When Amy finds out that Weston will never be out of the prison, she blacks out. Jake immediately takes a bottle of water and sprinkles some on her face and she wakes up. She cries and cries in Jake's arms as Gina rubs her back. Keit makes them promise that they will never mention anything to Dean and then they all leave the hospital. Keit's parents want to spend some time with him so they take him home after meeting with Dean. Zen goes to the condo to take his laptop and then goes to his office.

❤❤❤

"Hey, Kai. Dude I look so out of place in my casual clothes while you are all dressed up, ready to slay."

"Hello, Korn. You look good in casuals too so don't worry about it." Kai chuckles.

"It's good to finally talk to you face to face after so long. I was so worried, you know."

"Oh, yeah, your husband mentioned that to me when we met outside a moment ago."

Kai smiles at him sheepishly.

"I'm sorry you had to find out through Zen and not me."

"It's okay. The way you're whipped for him, I already had an idea that there is something going on between you two. I still remember how he pulled you away from me in the police station that day. I just didn't think that you'll actually be hecking married."

"Yeah. My life has been a drama plot for the past few years." Both friends share a laugh and then turn into gossip kings.

"You said you have so many things to tell me. come on, now. Spill."

Kai chuckles at Korn then informs him about the attack on Dean by some homophobe students and then about the assault of Keit. Korn is horrified. He can't believe that such young students who could've had such a bright future, turned out this way. Kai then tells that Zen made sure they all will pay for their wrong doings and Korn is surprised by the lack of mercy on the youngsters. Not that they deserve any.

"Your man is such a badass."

Kai blushes at the term Korn used for Zen.

"And you're a badass too. Beat the shit out of them." Korn teases Kai and then his gaze falls on his wedding ring. He looks at it for a while, not saying anything and Kai notices what he is looking at.

"Kai, I have something to confess."

Kai looks at his friend intrigued and signals him to go ahead and say it.

"I- uh-" Korn's palms are getting sweaty. Can he do it?

"I love you, Kai." There, he said it. Now he has to just go and bury himself in his grave.

Kai is shocked. Never in a million years he expected Korn to say this. What to say? How to react?

"Kai, say something, please." Korn begs when Kai doesn't reply.

"I- uh- I don't know." Kai mumbles, still feeling lost.

"And Zen knows about this. My feelings for you."

"WHAT?" Kai yells, his eye balls nearly falling out of his sockets. Korn flinches.

"Yeah. He found out on Christmas. I didn't say anything. He just figured it out. Apparently, it's too visible on my face."

Kai doesn't know what to do now. So, his husband find's out about Korn's love by just looking at his face and him on the other hand continued to be an oblivious fool.

"When did it happen?" That's the only question that comes in his mind.

"I don't know. The more time I spent with you, the more I realized how happy you make me. I don't know when it happened but I fell for you. Hard."

"I- Korn- I don't-" Kai stutters.

"I know you don't love me and never will. I know you have your better half with you who loves you and can do anything for you. I know it. I just wanted you to know about my feelings."

Kai is grateful that Korn saved him the trouble of rejecting him. Kai just couldn't find the right words for it.

"We're still friends, right? Or do you want to cut me out of your life?"

Kai is baffled by Korn's question even though he knows where's he coming from.

"Of course, we're friends, Korn. I would never want to cut you out of my life. You've always been there for me, always helping me. I've been such a useless friend to you and-"

"Friendships aren't chosen on the basis of benefits and usefulness, Kai." Korn interrupts Kai which causes the latter to pout but he still nods. oh Kai oh Kai, making it harder for him to get over you. Korn just swoons over his adorable friend.

"You're right. We'll always be friends, Korn."

Korn smiles at him.

"Also, I went away for a few days to just get together my broken heart. It was quite a shock for me when I found out that you're married."

Kai gives him a sad smile. "I understand.

"Wh- when Zen found out, what was his reaction?" curiosity gets the best of him and he decides to ask.

"He was very calm about it. I say that's because he knew, no matter how much I love you, you'll always be with him. His confidence in your love stopped him from punching me in the face."

Kai chuckles at Korn's answer and then realizes why Zen was a little miffed earlier in the morning. The green eyed monster did strike the silver eyed one, even though for a few minutes.

"Will you eat anything?" Kai changes the topic.

"Nah. I just had coffee. I'm good."

The friends continue to talk for half an hour and then decide to go back. Korn is happy that he got to tell Kai how he feels and Kai is just happy to have his friend back.

Now, it's time for him to go back to the condo and scold Zen for keeping this secret from him. The audacity!

✨✨✨

Don't forget to comment and vote, guys. Do tell me your thoughts about the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 1.6K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
143K 4K 45
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
38.5K 2.3K 30
Toby Wentworth's life is a clusterfuck. For a lot of reasons. And one of them just happens to be the fact that he is very gay, and also so far in the...
19.9K 2.1K 30
Ned and Sam won't talk about their first kiss. But when Ned gets stood up on a date and tries to prove his worth by stealing a famous local relic, Sa...