inspirations // harry styles

By perksofbeingaweirdo

After Harry continues to struggle to keep up with the others, the boys' manager suggest Harry get an inspirat... More

inspirations
chapter one // run-ins.
chapter two // companions.
chapter three // the first date.
chapter four // the first date {part two}.
chapter five // aftermath.
chapter six // beautiful night.
chapter seven // song writers.
chapter eight // blast from the past.
chapter nine // sogginess.
chapter ten // sticks and stones.
chapter eleven // big steps.
chapter twelve // distractions.
chapter thirteen // g.n.o.
chapter fourteen // g.n.o {part two}.
chapter fifteen // hungover.
chapter sixteen // the coffee house.
chapter seventeen // alicia.
chapter eighteen // fangirling.
chapter nineteen // more than words.
chapter twenty // time is ticking.
chapter twenty-one // i think we're alone now.
chapter twenty-two // insider information.
chapter twenty-three // good ol' bonding.
chapter twenty-five // letting go.
chapter twenty-six // restless.
chapter twenty-seven // great news.
chapter twenty-eight // all or nothing.
chapter twenty-nine // too much celebration?
chapter thirty // distractions.
chapter thirty-one // i was made to keep your body warm.
chapter thirty-two // relief.
chapter thirty-three // tsunami tides.
chapter thirty-four // surrender up my heart.
chapter thirty-five // reaching the breaking point.
chapter thirty-six // make it without you.
chapter thirty-seven // stubborn.
chapter thirty-eight // doctors to heal the wounds.
chapter thirty-nine // you don't even know.
chapter forty // blame it on the rain.
{epilogue}
TEASER - "The Traveller"
Author's Note!

chapter twenty-four // make new friends, but keep the old.

95.6K 1.2K 489
By perksofbeingaweirdo

Olivia's POV

My eyelids start to feel heavy as I lean my head against the hard window of the backseat in the SUV. Exhaustion seeps from every muscle in my body, making me feel as if I had been totally drained. My fingers run through Niall's messy - and slightly sweaty - blonde hair as he's fast asleep with his head in my lap. Zayn holds his feet across his lap like a belt.

The ghost of a smile whispers across my lips as I start to doze off. This day was absolutely wonderful; necessary and wonderful.

We actually managed to get on all the rides that we wanted, with not too much disturbance from fans. Sure, they approached us more often then not, but at least there wasn't any sneaky paparazzi to bother us.

The thing that surprised me the most, were people who said they were fans of me. A few people said they watched the video of Tea and I singing and loved it. A few asked when and where I'd be performing next. Of course I mumbled something totally dorky in return and ended up being my usual weird self.

But all in all, I couldn't have asked for better friends to take me for a better day.

YOU NEED ME MAN, I DON'T NEED YOU. YOU NEED ME MAN, I DON'T-

My cellphone rings from in my pocket, causing both Niall and I to jump in the air. I quickly grab it and answer it before it totally wakes the extremely tired Niall out.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice scratchy and groggy, sounding absolutely pathetic.

"Where are you? I called your parents and they said you'd be at your house." Tea's usualy voice rings out, causing me to wake up a bit more, "Don't tell me you forgot about our plans," She groans, "Olivia Watson, I'm going to literally kill you. I will show you no mercy when I place my fingers around your windpipe and watch your stupid life leave your eyes," She goes off on her little rant, like she always does.

I sit up a bit straighter, doing my best not to move Niall.

Shit. I had forgotten all about my rescheduling with Tea. She was supposed to come over for dinner and then we were going to go out. All that drama with Tate and the magazine had totally wiped everything else from my brain.

"Of course I didn't forget," I lie through my teeth, cringing, "I'll be at my house in a bit, I had to run somewhere," I continue to lie, earning a few confused looks from the boys. I hold up a finger, letting them know I'll explain in a moment.

"Alright, well the longer you take, the more food of yours I'm going to eat," She grunts before hanging up.

I drop my phone into my lap, scratching my head. I've been such an awful friend to Tea lately. I'm either working, or busy with Harry. The last time I saw her was when she had to kidnap me from work.

"How long until we get home?" I ask Louis, "I forgot I had plans with my friend Tea tonight," I frown, feeling bad for rushing home after they treated me to an extremely special and thoughtful day.

YOU NEED ME MAN, I DON'T NEED -

"Good lord, woman!" Niall complains as he tosses and turns in my lap as my phone rings loudly in his ear.

I pick it up and answer it quickly,

"Tea, yes, I'm on my way. It's nothing to rip your panties over," I tell her, stress eating at me.

"I'd much rather rip your panties, but that's just my personal preference," Harry's deep voice rings through the phone, dripping with amusement.

Immediately my cheeks turn pink as I feel the embarrassment hit me like a ton of bricks. This is why I should never do anything when I'm feeling flustered.

"Sorry," I whine, wishing I could just turn back time and take a deep breath before answering the phone.

"It's quite alright," He laughs, "How was your day?" He asks, sounding absolutely bored, wherever he is.

"It was wonderful," I flash the boys in the car a grateful smile, "How about yours?"

Liam looks over his shoulder, giving me a bright smile. He must know it's Harry on the phone by my tone of voice, or perhaps it's by my cheeky smile. I find myself unable to stop whenever I'm talking to this curly-haired boy.

"It was alright. I enjoyed catching up with some old friends." He answers, not sounding too enthused, "But you know what would make my day amazing?" He asks, with his usual seductive tone that makes me crinkle my toes in happiness.

"What would that be?" I ask, my smile evident in my voice. I feel rather stupid speaking to Harry in front of all the boys, but I could care less. They simply smile at me, enjoying seeing me happy.

"You," He simply states as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

My heart flutters and the strong urge to look into his beautiful green eyes and have his big strong hands on me hits me like a deadly plague.

But then Tea's irritated expression comes to my mind. If I bail on her one more time, she'll literally skin me alive. When she went through her gothic phase, I'm sure she discovered very many strange and creative ways to kill your friends.

Then a genius idea pops in my head. Why can't Tea get to know Harry and the rest of the boys better? She's my best friend, so obviously she should get to know my new best friends. I can't imagine my life without any of them.

I'm sure Tea - even though she doesn't act like a normal hormonal teenage girl - wouldn't object hanging out with five incredibly good-looking British boy. If she does, then I better check her into a mental hospital quickly.

"We're almost back into town, why don't you head over to my house in a bit and we'll meet you there," I suggest, looking out the window and seeing tonight as a perfect opportunity to have a bonfire like Tea and I do often on summer nights.

All the guys - minus Niall, who's sleeping of course - look at me with confusion. Zayn looks utterly exhausted and when he sees my excited grin, he drops his head. Just by his look, I can tell he's not looking forward to anything I'm planning if it doesn't involve him fast asleep in a bed.

"Sounds perfect," Harry replies, grinning obvious in his tone as well, "See you then, love. I can't wait to see your beautiful face," He gushes, making my face turn pink once again.

I really should be writing these things down. I could make a fortune writing our own personal romance story. I'd be able to put Nicholas Sparks to shame.

"What a line," I laugh, "See you soon," I grin before hanging up.

I turn my phone on silent so Niall can get a few more moments of sleep before we get to my house. He looks so adorable when he's asleep. Luckily I already snapped a few pictures to use as blackmail later on.

"You guys wouldn't be too tired to come over to my house for a small bonfire, would you? I want you all to meet my best friend Tea," I bat my eyelashes and send them all the most charming smile I can muster up.

They all look at me with exhausted eyes, but it's no match for my puppy-dog face. Zayn lets out a groan of defeat, which makes my smile beam.

"I have a new found respect for Harry. I don't know how he does it," Louis laughs, shaking his head.

I let out a victory cheer throwing two excited fists in the air. Here I thought tonight couldn't get any better. Now I get to add my two other favorite people into the mix.

Tea's POV

 I could kill Olivia.

Plopping myself on her couch, grabbing a bag of her favorite chips - Dill Pickle flavored - making myself at home.

I know Olivia's going to have the initial excitement over her new boyfriend, but I never expected her to get all this distracted. I would complain, but then I have to remind myself that at least he's not Tate.

After reading the latest People magazine, my level of hatred for that douche bag has reached a new peak. I never thought that would ever be possible, but I was unfortunately proved wrong.

The things he said was a bunch of bullshit. The fact that he would intentionally tell a public magazine lies brings him to a new low. If I wasn't getting ready to embark to college, I would definitely murder him and feel no remorse.

I wanted to call Olivia the minute I picked up the copy, but I'm not sure if she's seen it herself. I didn't want to break the news to her over the phone, so I brought it with me. I figured if she had read it, she would have called me.

Hearing a loud ruckus outside, I turn the TV off. Olivia's loud laughter can be heard all the way inside. She's always had a very distinctive laugh. At school, people would always know when Olivia was coming near, you could hear her from a mile away. And it's not like she was one of those loud, obnocious girls, her voice just carried far unfortunately.

I open the door, peeking my head out the doorway to be met by Olivia. But much to my surprise, she wasn't alone.

 Following closely behind her, laughing at whatever Olivia had just said, are the four most beautiful boys I have ever seen. My eyes widen is surprise as I stand up straight.

Oh man, am I really going to kill her now.

I glance down at my messy appearance. I'm wearing a pair of tight jeans and a ripped up old band t-shirt. I look like a homeless person! Why didn't she tell me she was bringing with her a troupe of hot men? I would have at least thrown on something a bit sexier.

"Tea!" Olivia smiles brightly, throwing her arms around me, "I want to introduce you to Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis," She gestures to the boys - who I obviously know the names of - who all divert their attention to me.

For the first time ever in my life, I'm left speechless. I can't recall of a time I've never had a witty comeback or something sarcastic to say in return. It's as if my tongue has stopped working. I continue to stare at them with wide eyes, earning a laugh from Olivia.

"Guy, this is my best friend in the whole world, Tea, who apparently has forgotten the English language," She gives me an amused smirk, obviously finding my little stroke funny.

"Any friend of Olive's is a friend of ours!" Louis cheers, giving me a cheeky grin that's powerful enough to knock me over.

Then we all turn as a big black SUV - matching the white SUV that's already parked in Olivia's driveway - pulls in. Olivia drops her arms from around me and I have to catch myself from falling flat on my face. Her smile grows even larger as a familiar curly-haired boy steps out.

She races over to him and throws her arms around him, planting a big kiss on his lips. I roll my eyes. How long has it been since they've seen each other; a day? Good lord.

"Look at our two little love birds," Louis props his elbow upon my shoulder, sending me a cheeky grin, making me grab the door frame to stop myself from fainting.

Okay, okay, I give those crazy fangirls credit. They've got good taste. And I'd never admit it outloud, but the boys of One Direction have always got me all hot and sweaty. They're just yummy! I can't help it...

The boys all make kissy noises as Olivia speaks quietly to Harry in a very intimate way. Olivia sends them the finger as she plants one last kiss on Harry's nose before racing back to me, grabbing Harry and dragging him behind her.

"Harry, do you and the rest of the boys want to start the fire in the backyard? Tea and I will go get some snacks," She smiles sweetly at him, making it impossible for him to say no. I can't help but to laugh how badly he's wrapped around her finger.

I was suspicious of Harry, and that suspicion still sits in my chest. But as I watch the two of them interact, it's hard to doubt it. I'm still confused why he suddenly switched his taste from total bimbos to Olivia; the complete opposite.

Perhaps I'll never know.

Harry leads the rest of them around the house to Olivia's pretty backyard where we usually spend a lot of our summer nights. She grabs my hand and leads me into her house, shutting the door behind me.

"Tea, you're not mad I invited them, are you? I really want you all to be friends," Olivia asks me, looking at me with nervousness as we enter her kitchen.

She blinks at me with her big eyes under her mop of bangs. I can easily see the resemblance to the small dorky girl with big glasses and missing teeth in Elementary School that I had to defend because everyone picked on her. Olivia could savagely murder George Clooney - and I love George Clooney - and I would still love her to death.

Trust me, there have been times when I desperately wanted to murder her, but then she'd muster up this adorable little heart-felt apology and I realized that being mad at her would be like being mad at George Clooney. The Cloonsters can do no wrong.

"Of course not," I send her a smile, giving her a playful shove.

Though I find it hard to believe that I - the girl with the piercings and tattoos - could ever become good friends with an internationally famous boy band. Olivia must be living in her own little puppy-love fantasy where we all join hands and sing 'Let It Be' and cry and love each other.

But, I'll let her have her moment.

"They're a lot weirder than you'd think they'd be." Olivia informs me, seeing the look of doubt on my face, "They're actually... normal," She shrugs, pulling out the ingredients needed to make s'mores.

"I mean, if they intentionally choose to spend their time with you, they must be pretty weird," I remark, putting a variety of drinks on the tray Olivia's filling up.

I feel a bow of graham crackers hit me in the back that were more than likely aimed towards my head. I just lean over and shake my butt towards her.

"Then you're the weirdest one of them all," Olivia tells me as she grabs the full tray and leads the way out her back door.

"Oh trust me, I know," I shake my head and laugh as I shut the back door behind me.

Olivia's POV

"OLIVIA HELP!" I hear the moment I exit my house.

I nearly drop the tray full of snacks as I lay eyes on what's going on in my backyard. Harry, Zayn and Louis are holding Niall by his hands and feet and swinging him near the fire, about to toss him in. Liam is trying to catch him and pull him to safety, but he's not doing too much.

"OLIVIA!" Niall screams out with eyes full of panic.

After shoving the tray of snacks in Tea's hands, I race over to rescue Niall. I give Harry and the others a strong push and grab Niall around the waist, falling on my butt in the process with Niall landing in my lap.

The three idiots start to double over in laughter, tears welling up in their eyes. Niall lets out a relieved sigh as he rolls off of me, his heart racing.

"Harold Styles; Louis Tomlinson; Zayn Malik!" I get to my feet, patting the dirt off of me, "I leave you alone for one second!" I shout angrily at them, "Apologize to Niall right this instant!" I stomp my foot down for a dramatic effect.

Harry, Louis and Zayn all look at me with wide eyes. They've never seen me angry like this before. When I get angry, the crazy Olivia comes out. My heart still is racing, and I'm not sure if it's because of the panic I had when I saw Olivia, or if it's pumping out of anger.

"Sorry Nialler," They all say in unison, looking incredibly guilty, like a group of puppies that were just seen peeing on the carpet.

They drop their heads down and approach Niall, giving him a group hug. Niall gives them a frustrated shove, but eventually gives in and hugs them back.

"Teach me your ways. I've been with them for a year now, and I can't even control them like that," Liam shakes his head as he takes his seat around the blazing fire.

My anger starts to dwindle down as I give Liam a smile. Niall gives a look full of gratitude as he takes a seat beside me on one of our logs. Harry tries his best to give me a puppy-dog face from his seat on the other side of the fire, but I narrow my eyes and give him a frown.

Tea takes a seat on the other side of Niall and they instantly start bonding over their love of food. I've never seen the two of them speak with so much passion.

The chilly summer night's breeze starts to cause goosebumps to form on my skin. I scan our backyard for a blanket of some sort, but no luck.

"I'm gonna go inside and grab something quickly. I expect that there will be no more human sacrifices while I'm gone," I point a finger of warning at each and every one of them.

"Don't worry, I'll crack down the whip," Tea gives me a smile, making the miming gesture of her snapping a whip.

I race inside and up my stairs, grabbing one of my pull-over sweaters. I see that Tea has already spread her over-night things all over my room. I grab her big boots and throw them off of my bed, where they've already formed a big pile of dirt. She's lucky I owe her, otherwise I'd chew her out for that one.

My eyes linger across my room to my worn-down guitar. All day I've had chords and lyrics dancing around my head. I can't wait until I can sit down and write for a little bit. Everything today - from Tate, to just hanging out with the boys - has sparked some creativity. I always write best when in an emotional state.

Maybe Tea will want to have a little songwriting session tonight?

Feeling cozy and satisfied, I race back down the stairs, nearly falling in the process, but luckily I save myself before I fall down the entire flight. I'm about to head out the backdoor when I'm trapped by a pair of arms.

Harry holds me in place in the doorway. He scoots me further in the house so we're out of sight from the others.

I want to stay mad at him, but as I look up at his intense green eyes and flawless face, I find it becoming more and more impossible.

"I'm sorry for scaring you earlier. We weren't actually going to throw him in. We actually quite like that little leprechaun," He smirks, tucking a piece of my dark hair behind my ear.

If there were an award for being able to make a girl unstable, Harry would win it for the rest of his exsistance. I can picture him old and gray and in a nursing home, still charming the hearts of every woman in sight.

"Not a good enough apology," I frown, crossing my arms and putting a bit of space between us, which feels wrong immediately.

Harry raises his eyebrows as his face lights up with amusement. I do my best to keep a serious expression on my face, though I know he can read me like an open book. He knows I'd forgive him in a heartbeat.

"Is this better?" He asks, destroying the space between us as he leans over and presses his lips against mine.

I drop my arms immediately and wrap them around his waist, squeezing him closer to me. He grabs the sides of my face and holds onto me tightly. My lips turn up as I kiss him back.

Ooh, nicely played, Mr. Styles.

That familiar fluttery feeling spreads through my insides, warming me up more than my measly sweater ever could. The more I wait for the feeling to go away when he kisses me, the more I realize that it'll never fade away.

I guess if I have to live the rest of my life testing to see if it ever leaves, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

The sweet taste of spearmint gum and the strong smell of campfire fills me up as his tongue dances against my own.

"Olivia?" A deep voice calls out, sending my stomach plummeting to the ground.

Immediately I untangle myself from Harry's grip and stand at attention as if I were a kid being caught opening their presents before Christmas morning.

"Hi, Mom and Dad..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN! Yikes! hahaha

Well, guess what? I'VE REACHED 300 FANS!! WOOP WOOP! That's why I'm updating earlier than I usually would, to give you guys a little treat!

But to go along with that, I've decided to do an interview! And YOU guys get to ask the questions! So, PLEASE (because if I only get a few questions, this will be terribly awkward...) send in all the questions you have! They literally could be about anything! (About me personally, about my writing, about my <3 of One Direction!)

Either comment below, PM me, write on my message board, KiK me, etc. Just send in all your questions you have! The more questions the better! (I mean it, don't feel weird at all if you ask like a million questions! You'll just make me a happy girl!)

Thanks again you guys for all your amazing devotion! I can't believe I have 300 fans and over 50,000 reads on this story! I <3 you all!

Love always,

-Never_Let_Me_Go

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.3K 35
June 1st, 2014: Today is the day I finally leave you behind. Along with our families, the memories of you and I are what I abandon as I start my new...
2.5K 44 17
She's beyond innocent and she doesn't ever know what comes toward her during her future. When her school has a special event where her most favorite...
248K 7.1K 29
When 20 year old university student Lexi catches her boyfriend cheating she thinks she's done with love. But when she meets Harry Styles and Niall Ho...
219K 1.6K 34
He's her best friend. He's her worst nightmare. The choice is obvious, but she is torn.