Tatlı Aşk (Sweet Love) (Can...

By sculpordwarfblackeye

Can Yaman, son of the billionaire mogul, Guldem Yaman, goes home to Turkey after 3 years. His girlfriend and... More

Chapter One: Coffee Stain
Chapter Two: Strawberries
Chapter Three: The Most Annoying Guy That Ever Lived
Chapter Four: Strawberry Champagne
Chapter Five: The Millionaire Client
Chapter Six: Fill The Void
Chapter Eight: The Tour Guide
Chapter Nine: Meteor Shower
Chapter Ten: The Memory
Chapter Eleven: The Childhood Friend
Chapter Twelve: The Tale Of Two Lovers
Chapter Thirteen: The Offer
Chapter Fourteen: The Engagement; The Past
Chapter Fifteen: The First Kiss
Chapter Sixteen: He Told Her He Loves Her, She Told Him She Hates Him
Chapter Seventeen: Sweet Love
Chapter Eighteen: The Red Car
Chapter Nineteen: My Best Friend Is My Rival's Assistant
Chapter Twenty: The Star Named Ozge
Chapter Twenty-One: The Fight For True Love
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Return
Chapter Twenty-Three: She Gave Him The Universe
Chapter Twenty-Four: Jealousy
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Reason For His Existence
Chapter Twenty-Six: She Lied
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Moral Law
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Home
Chapter Twenty-Nine: That's What Love Is
Chapter Thirty: The Secret
Chapter Thirty-One: He's In Love
Chapter Thirty-Two: I'm Not Angry, I Miss You
Chapter Thirty-Three: Italy
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Engagement Party; The Preparation
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Engagement Party; The Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-Six: Fate Happens
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Ring
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Proposal
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Heart Of The Matter
Chapter Forty: Goodbye
Chapter Forty-One: The Runaway Bride
Chapter Forty-Two: Bitterness
Book Two
Chapter Forty-Three: The Restaurant
Chapter Forty-Four: The Return of First Loves
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Beginning
Chapter Forty-Six: Love Chooses
Chapter Forty-Seven: Thank You, Savior
Chapter Forty-Eight: It Just So Happens
Chapter Forty-Nine: There's No More Us
Chapter Fifty: Bitter
Chapter Fifty-One: The Birthday
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Unfinished Mural
Chapter Fifty-Three: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter Fifty-Four: Ozge's Choice
Chapter Fifty-Five: 2 AM
Cast & Characters
Chapter Fifty-Six: Broken
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Everything Has Changed
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Rainy Night, Sad Confession
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Moved On
Chapter Sixty: The Secret
Chapter Sixty-One: Serkan's Choice
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Trauma
Chapter Sixty-Three: Fully Healed
Chapter Sixty-Four: Regret
Update!
Chapter Sixty-Five: Felt Betrayed
Chapter Sixty-Six: Promise
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Problems
New Book!
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Official
Chapter Sixty-Nine: The Wake
Chapter Seventy: The Journal

Chapter Seven: Fate

708 95 6
By sculpordwarfblackeye

"Will everything be ready next week?"

Can asked the architect and engineer he hired for the construction of Strawberry Place. He scans the room. It was now all coming together. The low mini chandeliers, tables, chairs, the painting in the walls were almost done. He also had staff. Waiters, janitors, cashiers, junior sous chef. All he needed now was a Chef de cuisine or the executive chef. There weren't really great candidates that they have interviewed for the past few days.

"Yes, Sir Can. Everything will definitely be ready next week," the engineer said.

"Alright, thank you," Can said, then the architect and engineer left.

He sat down on a table, putting his hand on his chin, wondering where he could get an executive chef in time.

"Yo, Can. How's it going?" Efe Sezen asked, putting his arm around Can as he sat down next to him.

Efe Sezen is Can's cousin and best friend. Efe and Can literally grew up together. Since they both were the only children in their family, they treated each other as brothers. Efe has also been beside Can through the first year since Demet died. Can trusted Efe with his life.

"Not good," Can said. "The restaurant is opening next week and I still haven't found an executive chef."

"I thought you auditioned people?" Efe said.

"Nah, it didn't work out. None of them fit the role."

"Don't worry, Can. You'll find one in no time," Efe said, then he checked his watch.

"I hope so," Can muttered.

"Look, Can, I have to go."

"Where are you going?"

"To Dad's office. He said he has something to talk to me about a new business venture," Efe said, standing up.

"Uncle Cinar is having a new business venture again? What a surprise," Can said sarcastically. "I swear, your dad probably already has every department of business. And with all that, he still is behind Mom in the Forbes list of billionaires..."

"Can, Aunt Guldem literally owns one of the largest restaurant chains in the world, Socially Basket. I mean, we own Yummy Crave too, one of the largest restaurant chains but Socially Basket is just more popular. Dad still beats himself about it, you know," Efe laughed.

Can smiled, imagining his Uncle Cinar scratch his head at the stocks sold every year.

"Look, Can, I gotta go. See you later," Efe said, running.

"See you," Can said, taking one last look at the restaurant, then he walked to his car.

***

"What do you think the new client will like? What do multi-millionaires eat?"

Perran asked Ozge, searching for luxury dishes on her phone. Their staff were already preparing for tonight's dinner with the client. Ozge looked for luxury dishes as well.

"How about something new? While I was in Bulgaria for two weeks, I've taught myself how to cook some Bulgarian foods that everyone seemed to love in Sofia. I'll just cook those," Ozge said, already listing everything she will need.

"Do you think the client will like it?" Perran asked.

"Trust me, Mom. The client will love it," Ozge said.

"Well, you're the chef," Perran said. "I'll just help with the organization, daughter. You go do your cooking."

"Alright, Mom," Ozge said, already excited to cook.

Ozge spent the afternoon cooking and preparing. She wore her amber and cream tropical print maxi tube dress and matching 2 inch heels. She tied her hair in a half up, half down hairstyle and put on light red lipstick.

"Looking good, sister," Yaren, Ozge's younger sister said. Yaren is 21 years old, thirteen years younger than Ozge.

"Yaren, why haven't you changed yet? You should go change. It's already 6:30 PM," Ozge said, checking her phone.

"Ozge, I heard the client is handsome and a bachelor. You must be excited," Yaren said, eating popcorn.

Ozge laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yaren, this is all for work. We're grateful for this very generous client, that's why we invited him tonight."

Yaren sneered and gave Ozge her bowl of popcorn.

"Ugh, you're no fun. I'm just gonna go change," she said, then she left.

Ozge got out of her room and went downstairs, leaving the bowl of popcorn in the kitchen. The dinner tonight will be held in the garden. The sky was filled with stars and moon was shining over their table. Ozge went to the garden and admired the food she cooked and set up, excited for the client and everyone to taste them.

"Mom, what did the client say? Will they be here soon?" Ozge asked.

"Yes. He said he's on his way," Perran said, fixing her hair.

"Alright. I'll just go to the kitchen real quick to prepare the wine," Ozge said, running to the kitchen.

***

Can looked out the window. The trees and small houses they passed through was unfamiliar to him. He hadn't been to this side of Istanbul. The suburbs wasn't particularly a place he was fond of, though he knew he should get used to it now. He'd be coming here more often for the strawberry farm, after all.

It took ten more minutes for Can and Halis to finally get to the strawberry farm. It was dark by the entrance, but they saw bright lights just a hundred meters inside the farm. Can wore his usual business suit. Adjusting the tie one last time, he and Halis went to the garden and found Perran and the staff waiting for him.

"Welcome, Sir Can Yaman," Perran said, shaking Can's hand. "Please sit down."

"Mrs. Perran, thank you for this lovely dinner," Can said, taking a seat. "You have an enchanting home."

Perran and all the staff sat down in their seats.

"My family and I are very grateful for you, Sir Can," Perran said, holding Yaren's hand. She noticed Ozge's chair was missing.

"Yeshim," Perran whispered to one of the waiters. "Please tell Ozge that the client is here. She's in the kitchen."

"Right away, Mrs. Gurel," the waitress said, running to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Gurel, I'm also very grateful for your farm. I couldn't open my restaurant without you," Can chuckled.

Perran smiled and nodded, then beamed when she saw Ozge walking up to them.

"Oh, my daughter is here," Perran said.

Can stood up and looked behind him. He couldn't believe what he saw. Or rather, who he saw.

***

Seriously? Seriously?!

Ozge stopped in her tracks, not believing her eyes. The client, the client who just partnered with them is none other than Can Yaman. The guy she's been trying to avoid. Her heart pounded as she walked closer, then dropped when she realized the only empty seat was the one next to Can. Can looked down and smiled, probably laughing at this funny situation. She looked down and slowly sat down on the seat next to Can. He looked at her and she gave him a half-smile.

"Ozge, meet our new client, Can Yaman," Perran said.

"We've met," Can said, looking at Ozge.

Ozge's eyes widened. "Yeah, we've met, Mom. At the airport."

"What a coincidence," Perran said, laughing.

"Is this what they call Fate?" Can whispered to Ozge.

"Fate?" Ozge said. "Annoying, maybe. Not fate."

Can chuckled and shook his head. Perran stood up once more to speak.

"Well, this is a wonderful night and may this partnership not just be about work, but about friendship as well," Perran raised her glass, and everyone followed. "To Strawberry Place and the Gurel Strawberry Farm!"

Everyone clinked their glasses against each other. Can and Ozge clinked theirs, then drank the red wine.

Can grabbed his fork and stabbed the Kebapche. Putting it in his plate and taking a slice, his eyes widened at how good it was.

"This Kebapche is amazing, Mrs. Gurel," Can said. "Did you make this yourself?"

"Ozge did, Sir Can. She's a great cook," Perran said, looking at Ozge.

"How did you know that I like Kebapche? When I was in Bulgaria, this was what I ordered all the time in my favorite restaurant," Can said, savoring the taste. "But yours is definitely better, I must say."

"Thank you. I actually just wanted to cook something different tonight and it turns out I made the right choice," Ozge said, taking a bite of the Kebapche.

Can looked at her, realizing he just found who he was looking for.

The rest of the dinner was great. Can got to meet all of the staff and farmers in the Gurel Strawberry Farm and Ozge got to see a side of him that she had never seen before.

He's actually a nice guy, Ozge thought as she watched Can talk and laugh with one of their farmers.

"What is this, Ozge? Are you crushing on our new client?" Yaren teased, nudging Ozge.

"Yaren, stop it," Ozge rolled her eyes. "I'm just... admiring his generosity... and camaraderie."

"Admiring his generosity or admiring him?" Yaren laughed.

"Shut up," Ozge chuckled. "Why don't you go help Mom in the kitchen?"

"Alright," Yaren said, taking off to the kitchen.

Ozge fixed her hair, slowly walking up to Can. She was nervous again and she didn't like it. It's like she...

"So, how do you find everyone?" Ozge asked.

"Friendly, everyone here is in high spirits. Great to be working with good people," Can said. "How come you never mentioned you own a strawberry farm?"

"Well, you never told me you needed one," Ozge said, and they both laughed.

"Well, I have to go, Miss Ozge. I will see you tomorrow," Can said.

"Just Ozge."

"What?"

"Don't call me, Miss Ozge. Just... Ozge," she said.

Can smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ozge."

"See you," Ozge said.

She watched him leave, wishing he would have stayed longer. Then she caught herself wanting that for quite a while.

Ozge, you're not liking him. No way.

***

"Nice to see you smiling again, Sir," Halis said, as he looked at Can through the rearview mirror.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you seemed kind of sad last night when we got home, but now you're smiling again," Halis chuckled. "Is it because of Miss Ozge?"

Can laughed. "That girl is weird... but lovely. Kind of like the heat on a summer's day. You say you don't want the heat, but then realize it's what you wanted all along when it starts raining."

Can slumped back in his seat, actually glad he came to dinner tonight.

A/N:

Hi, loves! Early update for you because I just want to haha! Keep the votes and comments coming pleaseee, they get me going. I love you!! See you in a few hours!! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 309 41
-------FANFICTION------- Bakugo's family having issues between each other was no surprise to anyone. However, things began to escalate to the point o...
82K 4.3K 23
This story is part 2 of " Memories...Some Last a Lifetime". Can had fully recovered from his memory loss, flown to Switzerland to claim the love of...
100K 2.1K 10
When Hikaru and kaoru have an argument it hurts Kyoya to see Kaoru upset but he doesnt understand why disclaimer i down own ohshc all rights go to bi...
57.2K 3.6K 24
I won't be giving description. Come read it directly.