Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! ... More

Eyes Watching
Sapphire
Adventurine
Spirit Guide
Old Memories
Witch Hunt
Raccoon Trouble
Meadow Dance
Loving Eyes
Comfortable Silence
Wand Search
Unexpected Visitors
Conflicting Feelings
Fake Shop
First Customer
Phony Scientist
Pushed
Not That Handsome
Nose Bleeds
Familiar Locket
Red Mist
Legends
Powers
Familiar Faces
Zodiacs
Comfy
Bruising
Dirty Cheater
Can it, Dwayne
New Friend
Great Moms
Constellation Quiz
Protect Her
Ride home
Protection
Letters
Blizzard
Hot Chocolate
Pillows
Shivers
Art Class
Portals
Strange Liquid
Secrets
Graphtyc
Masked Men
Daddy Daughter Talk
Finally Back
Tunnels
The Flower
Stirring Patterns
Distraction
Walking a Tightrope
Automaton Attack
All My Fault
Ready as I'll Ever Be
Flickering
Invitation
You Can Count on Me
Cupcakes
Go Big or Go Home
Quiet Night
I Do Adore
Money Solution
Spiders
Missing
Secret Plans
Wedding Crashers
The Weasel Returns
Bees
The Collector
Goodwill Event
The Gopher Grab
Late Night Talks
The Package
Meeting Fate
Surprise
Entering the Forest
Story Time
Taking a Chance
Manipulation
Waiting
Cursed Teapot
The View From Up Here
Egg Thief
Vigor the Visionary
Wheel of Fortune
Blood of the Coven
The Spire and the Box
Friends on the Other Side
To the Spire
Offerings and Scroll Pieces
Bubblegum
Shipwrecked
It's Tough to be a God
Fire Trouble
The Beginning of a Love Story
Hookfoot's Magical Date
Little Pumpkin
According to Plan
Sadness Brings Happiness
Sea Shanties
Avast Ye
Screams
Lazy Morning
Cleansing and Counter Curses
Moose Teeth
The Eye of Pincosta
The Big Match
Wand Beats Karate
Mixing Incantations
The Great Tree Attack
Livin' the Dream
Wild Dance Off
Uncomfortable Atmosphere
Day One
Everything Stays
A Place to Stay
Mirror Image
Spinning Top
Shadow
Puppies
Where Are They?
Obvious
With You By My Side
Would He?
Unfinished Business
Sequel???
Just A Hunch

Constant Interruptions

1.8K 49 58
By boxxieofbox

Dream time: (I feel like it's been a hot minute since I did a dream)

I was in what looked like a hot air balloon. There was a tall man with dark hair tied up in a bun, and a beard. I tired to move and say something but my wrists and ankles were tied, and a gag was in my mouth. The man was holding onto a red book. He stared down at me and grabbed a hold of my chin. I glared up at him. "Now come on darling, don't look at me like that." He said with a smirk. I jerked my head from his grasp and glared up at him. He pulled my hair and I let out a whimper. "You know I've only heard rumors of the terrible witch and her absolutely horrible daughter. I personally never believed those stories, but here I am about to turn in the single most wanted person in probably the entire seven kingdoms." I struggled against him. He soon threw me into the other side of the balloon. "I'd suggest that you behave, darling. If you don't, then I will personally make sure you have the slowest death possible." I looked up at him and my vision slowly started turning white.

I felt a hand running through my hair. I leaned into the hand and was ready to fall back asleep, when I heard a small laugh. I slowly opened my eyes and saw none other than Varian. "Good morning milady." I rubbed my eyes and gave him a small wave and sat up. Sunny jumped up into my lap and started meowing and rubbing against my chest. "How did you even get in here?" I asked looking up at him while he held my hands. "The door was unlocked." He said pulling me up so I was standing. "As much as I love your bed head you should probably get dressed. I'll wait outside for you!" I grabbed a hold of his hand before he could go outside. "Wait get ready for what?"

He stared at me for a few moments. "You don't know what today is?" I thought for a little bit before shaking my head no. I watched as he faced palmed. "Right! You don't really know about Corona's traditions and holidays. Well today is the day of hearts!" I stared at him for a moment. "Okay sapphires I can see you really want me to understand what that is, but I'm completely in the dark on this one." He gave me a brief run down of what the day of hearts is. "Oh! So it's kind of like Eros, but instead of having the greek god around all the time, you only have it once every year? I don't really understand your guys holidays sometimes. Like if love and passion is so important to you just celebrate it every season to bring back the same energy and help you." I heard Varian laugh. "Well that's because not all people are as devoted as you milady." With that Varian went outside to wait for me to get ready. I pulled on a blue and black off the shoulder dress and tied my black corset around my waist.

I placed my protection pendant around my neck along with a few bracelets that had a few crystals or pendants. I pulled on a pair of black boots and looked at myself in the mirror. Sunny jumped up in front of the mirror and rubbed against the glass. "Is that a sign that I look decent?" I asked him giggling. He meowed at me. I picked my bag up that held my new wand as well as some money, and walked outside with Sunny following. I looked up to see Varian staring at me with a light pink on his cheeks. "You ready to go Sapphires?" He continued to stare at me for a moment. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Earth to Sapphires. You in there?" I said smiling. He seemed to snap out of whatever he was thinking. "O-oh yeah! Let's go!" He took my hand and we started walking with Sunny next to us.

"Is the day of hearts festival bigger than Rapunzel's birthday?" I asked Varian. "I'm not really sure. I've never really had a reason to go to the day of hearts festival. Never had anyone to go with, or I just ended up missing it all together." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "Let me guess you were either working or cleaning up something weren't you?" I watched as he stared in front of us thinking for a moment. "Wow am I really that predictable?" He asked turning to me. I smiled and hugged his arm slightly. "Just a little bit."

We soon arrived at the palace. I looked around and saw the entire place decorated. I saw Rapunzel and Cassandra with a few other people. I pulled Varian's arm and went towards them. I stood next to Rapunzel. Her, Cassandra, and I waved at each other as we listened to a man with a large nose tell the story of the day of hearts.

After he finished the story a man wearing a helmet over his head was crying. "It gets me every time." I shook Varian's shoulders. "Sapphires you didn't tell me about the war part! That's so cool!" He only laughed. "Aww isn't that the most romantic story you've ever heard?" Rapunzel asked Cassandra. "I guess. If you're into romance and that kind of thing."  Cassandra said rolling her eyes.

"And our kingdom commemorates this day, the day of hearts, each year by displaying the book, so all of those who have found true love may sign its pages." I watched as the king and queen opened the book, signing their names, and sharing a short kiss. I watched as the queen threw paper hearts into the air.

One of them fell onto Varian's head. I giggled and carefully took it off his head. I showed him both sides of the paper and then the inside of my hands. He stared at me confused. I clapped my hands lightly around the paper heart and removed my hands from each other showing the paper was gone. He stared at me unimpressed. "Look at the inside of your goggles sapphires." He smiled and rolled his eyes before taking his goggles off his head. I saw his eyes widen as he pulled out the paper heart. "You must have some quick hands milady." I giggled. "I've been trying to learn how to do things without my wand. It's not much right now but hopefully I won't need a wand in the future."

Varian and I both watched as Cassandra shredded a paper heart. "Can't this kingdom go one day without celebrating something?!" She said as she stormed off. "I'm a little worried about Cass. She's been acting kind of weird lately." Rapunzel said. "Probably just the day of hearts. People either love it or loathe it. Cass obviously falls in the latter category because she hates everything. Nothing we can do." Eugene said. "Or maybe there is!" Rapunzel said before rushing off to who knows where. Eugene turned to Varian and I. "I'm glad to see that you kids could make it!" He ruffled my hair before starting to walk away. "I better catch up with Blondie. I'll see you later!" I watched as Eugene ran after Rapunzel. "Weren't they the ones that invited us?" I asked Varian. He only shrugged and took my hand pulling me who knows where.

Since I haven't really been in the main part of the kingdom, Varian thought it would be a good idea to show me around more. He even took me to Uncle Monty's to get some sweets. "Sapphires you didn't have to pay. I brought my own money so I can buy stuff too!" I said while holding his hand and eating a piece of taffy. "Milady this is a date. I'm paying and that's final." I rolled my eyes. "You better be faster than me then." I said smiling up at him. As we were walking around I was pulled away from Varian.

I looked up and saw Rapunzel pulling me away practically sprinting. "I'll bring her back soon don't worry!!!" She yelled back to Varian. "I-I'll see you in a bit!!! Don't buy anything!" I yelled to him waving. He waved back to me with a confused expression resting on his freckled cheeks.

Not long after I was pulled down to a picnic blanket with all kinds of food. I saw Sunny and Pascal sitting in the sun enjoying some of the goodies. "Punz do you care to explain what's going on?" She smiled at me moving things around making sure everything was perfect. "I think that Cass doesn't like the day of hearts because she has no one to share it with. And since you're single too and we're all friends I thought it might change Cass' mood!" I fiddled with my thumbs looking down at the blanket. "A-actually Rapunzel. I'm-"

"Ladies lunch! And I brought cupcakes!" Rapunzel cut me off as she saw Cassandra approaching. Rapunzel held up a cupcake with pink frosting and a cherry on top. "Each one is a single serving because there is nothing wrong with being single, right, (y/n)?" I smiled softly at both of them. "No there's nothing wrong with that but-" "This is great Raps but I don't have time right now, okay? You two have fun though." Cassandra cut me off and started walking away.

I sighed and took a cupcake. Before I could even take a bite I was dragged off by none other than Rapunzel. "Punz as much as I would like to help you I should really get back t-" "This won't take long I promise!" I sighed and nodded. She took me to her room and Cassandra and I started helping her brush her hair. I soon came to a knot in her hair and tried to brush through it as gently as I possibly could. "Uh wait! What could that possibly be?" I watched as Cassandra pulled something out of her hair and I soon did the same. It was a small piece of paper. "Is something caught up in my hair?" I opened the card and it read 'You were made to do great things!' It was decorated with various drawings of crystals and a witches hat and broom. 'That's not stereotypical at all.'

"I-I appreciate the card b-but-" I was cut off yet again. "Oh my! How did those get in there?" Rapunzel faked surprise. I rolled my eyes. 'I'm just never going to speak again at this rate.' Cassandra left the room and Rapunzel pulled out two different paintings. Before I could get a good look at them, Rapunzel was already dragging me somewhere else inside the palace. She knocked on a door and out walked Cassandra. She revealed both of the paintings to us. I watched as Cassandra took the painting. "Will you just stop Rapunzel." She said before slamming her door shut. The one she handed me had me sitting in the meadow with Sunny. Picture me was wearing the same thing I wore during her birthday festival. I stared at the painting in awe. "Rapunzel this is amazing! You really didn't have to!" She shrugged her shoulders. "We're friends (y/n)! And after the necklaces you gave Cass and I, I couldn't not give you anything." I smiled softly at the painting and held it to my chest. "Thank you! I-I'll find the perfect place for it in my cabin once I get back!" She stared at Cassandra's door for a few moments before looking back at Pascal, Sunny and I. "Drastic times call for drastic measures." Before she could drag me somewhere else I avoided her grip.

"As much as I want to help you with whatever it is you're doing, I was really hoping to spend today with Varian." I handed her back the card she had given me. "And I'm not single anymore so I think you should give this to someone who is." With that I took my wand out and traced a circle around my head before disappearing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553 0 45
(UNDER REVISION) Dear Journal, Flower gleam and glow, End this destiny, When I started this journey Shine into the dark, And let the darkness grow, I...
7.7K 142 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
171K 4.9K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
15.4K 694 37
- (Y/n) was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving h...