The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Scarred Valley

6.7K 210 17
By DayDreamerBookReader

Lyra's POV

With our near departure of the brig, and the loss of Katara's necklace everyone had banded together to find the necklace with no luck.

Katara broke down temporarily but we all realized that it was useless. It probably dropped in the ocean..

Aang and Sokka grilled me on my temporary sight when I explained the mark and the memories I was given.

I was just as confused even now as the warm light turned dark with my eyes no longer glowing. Like shutting a blackout curtain.

I tried to hold every single detail, and vivid color in my head from the dead dull colors of the brig to Aang's grey eyes, and Sokka's sky blue.

I didn't want to forget.

While lost in thought I was tackled by Asura who proceeded to plop down on my stomach. I tell you what, she is definitely not a lap cat.

Asura was still about half grown and had begun to practice flying with her adult feathers almost in completely. She'd sprout really fast over the next month especially with her meat rich diet.

Aang played with Momo as I made a ball of ice for Asura to roll around.

Katara pulled off the sack prison uniform from her head as I followed.

We took off waving until they were out of range when we relaxed.

I found myself exhausted realizing quickly that the fight had probably reopened my wounds.

Oddly enough it didn't hurt to remove the bandage when night came. We stopped for camp as I fed Appa, and Momo on the soft grassy fields.

When I did remove the bandages I found the wounds on my back healed into bumpy scars which slowly became smooth. I'm sure it was fine, I shrugged.

Asura had long returned from her hunt and carried two wild rabbit-ferrets in her mouth.

She was clearly proud of herself as she hung her neck high pridefully.

She dropped the biggest one at my feet as I patted her head and praised her.

She purred happily and dug into her rabbit-ferret eating the whole thing bones and all.

I chose to roast the meat with some sea salt and some wild basil.

It was tender after I took it off but I let it sit so it could reabsorb its juices.

The smell of food awoke everyone as Momo returned with a medium pouch of wild raspberries and some juice dripping down his cheek for Aang.

Huh, I didn't see him leave.

I gave Katara and Sokka their requested parts and I gave them their pieces and I dug into the breast meat and whatever remained of the rabbit.

I was happily full as we all crawled back into our sleeping bags.

I fell asleep underneath Asura's wing kinda like a blanket.

-------

Sokka was kind enough to let us sleep in a little bit as I held a large icy bubble above him in a hostage.

That was a really bad idea.

After a short while Sokka's whining had woken up Asura who immediately spotted Sokka's predicament.

She stood up recognizing the watery sphere to the ice ball I gave her yesterday, she wiggled her butt and leapt at the icy bubble as Sokka yelled,

"No, no, no, no, no! Cold!" He screamed as Asura broke the bubble above him with the water soaking his face, and undershirt.

"Uhhh, Oops?" I shrugged with a nervous grin.

I could feel his glare on my new blindfold taken from my prison garb.

"Love ya?- wait what are you- Nope!" I squealed as he ran towards me.

"Come on sis it's just a bit of water! Give your big brother a hug!" He smirked as I ran away but tripped on Katara waking her up but I recovered quickly and picked up my feet.

That gave me an idea. In a second I grabbed his foot with a hand made from muddy water and made it trip him.

He only groaned.

-------

Katara scolded me after the incident as Asura sat innocently on Appa.

She made me reclean his clothes. Which can I just say, STANKY!

Aang pulled everything together and loaded to stuff on the saddle after stuffing his face with the remaining berries.

We took off in a much lighter tone until about 5 hours later as the sun reached its peak in the sky.

I heard the cry of a hawk, as Appa growled to Momo chattering.

"Those clouds look so soft, don't they? Like you could, jump down and land in a big, soft, cottony heap." Katara sighed dreamily.

"Maybe you should give it a try!" Sokka joked as he worked at something in his hands, I wasn't sure what it was.

"You're hilarious." Katara remarked sarcastically.

It took Aang little to no convincing to get Aang to make the jump.

"I'll try it!" He laughed and I facepalmed, his impulsivity was gonna get him killed if he kept up the risky moves. Then again maybe he was trying to impress a certain someone *cough* *cough* Katara.

He returned but not before the three of us worried for him.

"Turns out clouds are made of water." Aang smiled brightly and sent a big thing of air to dry himself.

I laughed a bit as Momo fluffed up a bit.

I played with Asura for a short second after with the worry resolved. Until the smell of smoke and ash met my nose, and did a double take.

"What the-" I questioned.

"What is that?" Katara asked pointing towards the mountain and the valley below.

"It's like a scar.." Sokka gasped.

"It smells like it's still burning." I frowned.

Asura raised her head and tilted it in confusion.

When we landed the only sound I could make out was our steps.

We landed in a cloud of ash, I choked on the ash in the air which was wedged in my throat.

"It's so quiet, there's no life anywhere." Sokka said as he looked around in despair at the burned bamboo.

Aang was quiet and I worried if he was alright.

"Aang, are you okay?" Katara asked softly.

Sokka seemed to notice footprints from rinos that the firenation rode.

"Firenation! Those evil savages make me sick. They have no respect." Sokka ranted angrily.

"Hey, they're not all bad!" I defended thinking back to the boy's kind uncle.

"Oh? And I suppose you'd know, wouldn't you?" Sokka glared as my face sunk.

"So what? Not one nation is perfect, Sokka. The world isn't black and white. A group isn't bad from one person." I finished with a glare in his direction.

Katara shut us up as she pointed to Aang and my hardened expression softend.

"Oh Bud, guess what?" I tried to hype him up as a plan came to mind and I dug a soggy acorn from the ash I gave two to Katara who seemed to build off it.

"What? You can't cheer me up, Lyra. It's the Avatars duty to protect and balance the world and I'm not doing either." He frowned.

I rose an eyebrow.

"So? You're trying your best. You're learning to be the Avatar that I know is in there. That's what the Avatar State is for, to keep you safe. You are one person, Aang. And if the world can't understand that then me and the world will have a talk." I smiled as his eyes grew teary.

"Also-" I got out of the way of the flying acorn which hit Aang in the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Aang protested.

"Cheered me up." Sokka laughed.

I smirked,

"Then I'm sure this will!" I laughed and sent a acorn flying at his head which I think I missed. Bit Katara's hit so it was fine.

"Yeah, I deserve that." He groaned.

"The forest will grow back, Aang. And the ash provides rich nutrients so the trees will grow back stronger!" I smiled and handed Aang the acorn.

He too smiled with a happy look as he too realized what I was saying.

"Thanks Katara, thanks Lyra."

I nodded but froze as I heard steps.

I heard the blood rushing and I realized this was either an attacker or someone very excited.

"Who are you?!" I shouted as an old man with a wooden cane approached and I let my guard down.

"When I saw the flying bison I thought it was impossible, but those markings... are you the Avatar, child? Wait and you? Are you that ocean child?" He questioned.

"Ocean child?" I questioned confused and tilted my head at him.

This was becoming very confusing, very quickly.

------

Sooo that's a new chapter out! Hope you guys enjoyed, stay safe and healthy. Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 2K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...
201K 6.5K 30
๐Š๐š๐ข๐๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | ส™แดแดแด‹ แด›แดกแด: แด‡แด€ส€แด›สœ โ I'm doing this because I care about the people who need help. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ...
30K 930 21
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
253K 7.4K 70
๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž | แด€สŸสŸ ส™แดแดแด‹s โ Fire can be and is destructive but learning doesn't have to be. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ข๐ซ๐›๐ž๐ง...