The Barrier - Tom Marvolo Rid...

By josephinev4

She saw it coming. All of it. #4 in fanfiction (April 2021) #2 in tomriddle (March 2021) #1 in tom (March 202... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47 (End)

43

2.7K 86 40
By josephinev4

Silver felt iffy for the next few days. She hasn't spoken to Michael since they kissed yet and she had been avoiding Tom.

Tom isn't falling in love with her, he wanted to own her.

What kind of twisted joke is this? 

She knew she must speak to the both of them soon, but what would she say to Michael? I like you but I can't be with you? Silver didn't want to turn him down. Nobody had ever crushed on her back in the Barrier or in her universe in general. 

She didn't want to hurt Michael's feelings. 

Tom will probably hurt Michael though, if she didn't stay away from him. 

What should her answer be?

"So... are you dating Michael or not!?" 

Silver rolled her eyes and smiled. "No." 

Alfred gasped. "Michael Belby!? Why didn't I know about this!" 

Leona chuckled. "Silver's quite secretive, you know that." 

Silver let out a small scoff. "I'm not secretive, I didn't tell you guys because I am not dating him."

Sophie gasped. "Don't look, Michael is coming!" She squealed. 

Silver tensed, she didn't know what to do, how does she avoid him?

Silver let out a huff. "I need to go to the lavatory." 

A hand gripped her wrist. "Hello, Silver." 

Sophie had to bite her lip to prevent herself from shrieking like crazy. 

Silver turned around and smiled. "Hello to you too, Belby." 

He chuckled. "Want to go for a walk?" Silver opened her mouth to say an excuse.

"Yes she will, Michael!" Silver gave Sophie a glare, she winked at Silver. She bit her cheek and let herself walk with Michael.

"So, how have you been Sil?" 

Silver shrugged. "I've been well, you?" He shrugged as well, mimicking her. 

"It's been quite bland, but now you're here, I'm amazing." Silver laughed. He brought her to his Ravenclaw friends. "Hey, this is Silver, the one I've been talking about!" 

Silver smiled at Michael's friends. One of them raised an eyebrow. "I saw you talking with Malfoy a few days ago." The boy looked at Silver skeptically. 

She rolled her eyes. "Arguing, to be exact." They all chuckled.

Michael offered Silver to ride with him on his broom. Silver's eyes bulged. 

"No, that's dangerous! Plus, I'm heavy as fuck." 

He laughed. "It will be fine! Don't worry!" Michael pulled Silver along to the pitch. He grabbed his broom. Silver crossed her arms. "You are going to have me lifeless in a few minutes, Michael." 

Michael groaned playfully. "I've been riding this my whole life! Don't you trust me?" Silver shook her head and laughed. "No, I don't." 

Michael grabbed her and sat her down on his broom. Silver screamed. He got on the front. 

"Michael fucking Belby, stop this!" Silver screamed again and grabbed on to Michael's waist as he zoomed off. She laughed, he did too.

"See? This isn't so bad!"

Silver laughed again and gripped Michael's waist tighter. He flew over the forbidden forest. It was beautiful from above. 

Suddenly, their broom shook uncontrollably, kind of like Harry's broom in the Philosopher's Stone movie. Michael tried to direct it, but it kept moving left and right. Silver tensed.

"Michael?"

Before she can say another word, they were falling.

Fuck.

Michael screamed. Silver got out her wand and prevented their fall slightly. 

They rolled on the forest floor. Michael groaned. Silver coughed and turned to Michael. 

She gasped, Michael was clutching his arm. It's probably broken. Silver dashed to him and touched his hurting arm. 

He winced. She took a deep breath. In and out.

"Okay. We're fine, you're fine." 

Silver pointed her wand to his arm. Is it episkey? I don't fucking know. 

She said the spell anyway. 

Michael let out a cry of pain, his arm looked better though.

She grabbed Michael's other arm and pulled him up. "Silver, I'm so sorry-" 

Silver shook her head. "It's not your fault, I had a great time anyway." 

Michael laughed. "Are you hurt?" 

Silver shook her head. "You however, are hurt, so let's bring you back." 

Michael looked around and sighed. "We're in the middle of the forest. How do we go back?" 

Suddenly, shouts were heard. Michael jumped up. "Guys, we're here!!"

Michael's friends ran to them. "Dang, Belby are you okay!?" 

Michael chuckled and pointed to his pained arm. Silver ran her fingers through her hair. "How did you find us?" One of them shrugged.

"Riddle told us he saw something flying down here, we knew it was you both."

Silver slightly froze. "Tom Riddle did?" 

They nodded and took Michael from her arms. She took a deep breath and walked with them.

He knows.

He knows everything, it seems.

Michael was brought to the Hospital Wing. 

Michael was so worried about her, he kept asking if she was okay while his arm was being treated. Silver waved him off. 

Thankfully, nothing happened to her. If she didn't have her wand, Michael would crash straight to the ground and be severely injured. 

Tom would want that. 

She got Michael in danger, she can't risk that anymore. She sighed.

Silver walked out of the Wing, she headed to the common room. 

She had a peaceful walk until she was pulled from behind. Silver prepared herself to face Tom. He pushed her into an empty classroom. Silver rolled her eyes and looked at Tom.

"Hey, Tom." She said defeatedly.

He looked at her up until down.

"Funny how you never listen to me."

She sighed and sat on a table. 

"I avoided him but today he just, walked over to me and before I could leave he pulled me with him." 

Tom walked towards her. Silver gulped. He tilted his head at her. 

"You could have made an excuse, but you didn't."

She took a deep breath. "You asshole." 

He put his hands on her knees and part her legs. Silver tensed. He took another step and now he's right in between her thighs.

"You clearly enjoy being near him." 

Silver bit her cheek. Tom twirled a strand of her hair with his fingers

"I do, that's why I hung out with him in the first place! But you told me to stay away from him or I'll 'regret it'." 

She looked up at Tom's face with angry eyes. He looked angry too, though he doesn't deserve to be angry. Tom moved his hand to her chin.

"I told you to stay away from him, Silver." She exhaled. 

"I know, I'm not deaf." 

Tom ran his finger down her nose. He stopped right above Silver's lips.

"Don't tell me you have feelings for him?" He asked her, but it felt like a threat. 

Silver gaped. "I-" She thought for a quick second. "No." 

Tom clenched his jaw.

"I don't like sharing, I've told you this, Silver."

She sucked in a breath. What the fuck is she supposed to say?

"I'm going to say this for the last time, stay away from that mudblood."

She's fucked. 

Silver looked up. She closed her eyes.

"Fine, you psychopath."

Tom pulled her even closer to him by her thighs. He leaned in and kissed her. Silver kissed him back slightly.

He bit Silver's bottom lip, causing her to wince. And then he pulled away. 

Silver panted a bit. 

He caressed her cheek.

"My little doll." 

Silver made sure she stayed away from Michael the next day. She hoped it wasn't obvious, she really didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

Silver still didn't know how to deal with Tom. He's been looking at her a lot lately, watching her. Threatening her, in a way. 

Silver tries her best to ignore it and resume her day like she always does.

"Silver!"

She turned around, when she saw it was only Alfred, she sighed in relief. 

Grateful that it isn't Michael. 

"What, Alfred?" 

He put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. They walked together. 

"I am in a crisis." Silver snorted. She looked at Alfred. 

"What happened? Did you get a month of detention or...?" 

Alfred opened his mouth, but he froze. "What?" He clucked his tongue. Silver turned and saw Leona, talking with a tall, pretty big Gryffindor boy. 

Silver was quite confused, but she finally understood and burst into laughter. 

"You-you're jealous that Leona's talking to a boy!? Leona should be jealous that you're talking to me, then."

Alfred groaned. "No! it's just..." 

Silver crossed her arms. "Whatt?" 

Alfred sighed and massaged his temples. "Mclaggen likes her! He- he told his friends that he wants to make her his girlfriend!" 

Silver scrunched her eyebrows and glanced at the Mclaggen boy. She looked back at Alfred. 

"So that's your crisis." 

Sophie ran up to them. "What, what?"

Silver laughed. "Alfred is jealous of that boy." 

Alfred rolled his eyes. "He's practically trying to court her!" 

Sophie snorted, she hit Alfred's arm. "That's why you have to admit your feelings for her! Before she gives up on you and pick someone braver! You're in GRYFFINDOR!" 

Alfred huffed. "Just because I'm a Gryffindor doesn't mean I'm the bravest out of all of you!" 

Silver chuckled.

"But in all seriousness, just confess, Alfred." 

Sophie nodded excitedly. Alfred sighed. 

"I don't know how to, I have to wait for the right time!" 

Silver bit her lip in annoyance. "You guys are together every single day!" 

Alfred took a deep breath. "I know, I know! I will do it soon, just trust me!" 

Sophie jumped in excitement.

"By the way, what happened yesterday!? I heard you fell off a broom or something." 

Sophie laughed. Silver smiled wryly. "It actually happened." 

Alfred's eyes bulged. Sophie gasped in horror. 

"So, Michael asked me to ride his broom with him-" Alfred snorted. 

Silver glared at him. "Anyways, the broom went all crazy and we fell down into the forbidden forest, yikes." She shrugged. "Thankfully I thought quickly and we didn't die." 

Silver winked at the two.

Sophie blinked. "WHAT!?" Alfred put his hand over Sophie's mouth. 

He laughed nervously. "What the fuck Silver?" 

Silver laughed. 

"What did Silver do this time?" Leona was in front of them, arms crossed. 

Alfred looked behind Leona, Mclaggen was gone already. He chuckled.

"Silver almost died yesterday and we didn't even know!"

Leona gaped. "Wait, what is he talking about?" She turned to Silver. 

Silver shrugged and told her the story. Leona ended up smacking Silver's head.

"By the way..." Silver started while rubbing her head. "Who was that guy you were talking to?" 

Alfred rolled his eyes at Silver. Leona shrugged. "Emmett Mclaggen, he asked me about the book I was holding, seems like a good guy." 

Alfred visibly clenched his jaw, Leona didn't notice though. Silver nodded.

"Do you think he's cute?" She asked Leona.

Alfred choked on his spit.

Leona raised an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?" 

Silver shrugged. "Thought you were pretty into him." 

Leona snorted. "He's just another student, I'm not interested in him, or whatever you're trying to imply." 

Silver chuckled. "Okay, damn."

It's December already. 

Silver was still avoiding Michael, yeah. 

He had tried approaching her a lot of times but Silver managed to get away every time. The Slug Club is today though, she knew she had to talk to Michael and finish everything. 

Silver wore a simple dress and went to Slughorn's office.

Michael was already there. Tom wasn't there yet. 

She pulled Michael to the side. He jumped and looked at her. 

Michael rolled his eyes. Silver bit her cheek. 

"Okay, okay, I know I've been avoiding you for so long but I PROMISE you I'm not making up an excuse just because I don't like you or something, because I do! It's just-"

He raised his hand, telling Silver to stop talking.

"It's Tom isn't it? What did he do to you?"

Silver looked up at him, he looked concerned. 

She gulped and looked around, making sure no one is listening. 

"Yes, I- I don't even know how to say it to you, but he's not like how people think he is. 

He's no angel." 

Michael scrunched his eyebrows.

"Silver, are you in danger?"

Silver thought for a second. 

Yes, she is. 

She shook her head. 

"I'm not, but we may be if I keep hanging out with you." 

Michael's eyes widened. "What the-" 

Silver closed her eyes and sighed in relief. "I thought you wouldn't understand, Michael, I'm so fucking relieved that you do." Michael's eyes softened. 

"Why does Tom hate me with you? Does he like you?" Silver sighed.

"I don't even know, Michael. He's dangerous." Michael touched Silver's shoulder.

"Then get away from him!"

It's not easy. 

How could she get away from Tom when she came here just for him? And it's not like Tom will just let her slip out of his hands anyway.

"I can't Michael, he won't let me, he'll hurt me and threaten me. Trust me, he's more powerful than Dippet probably." 

Michael let out a shaky breath. "Why are you only telling me this now!? Do others know about this?" Silver shook her head. 

"If he knows I'm even looking at you, he'll kill me. No one knows except for his goons. And us."

The door opened. Tom and the knights entered. His gaze landed on Silver, she froze. Michael tensed, he looked at Silver and smiled. Silver smiled back, pretending that they were just talking about something unimportant. 

Silver shared one last look with Michael and sat down on the table.

She was about to sit beside a Gryffindor when a hand pulled her. She landed on a seat beside Tom, who was gripping her wrist roughly. He narrowed his eyes at her. They were still waiting for the last student to enter. 

Tom pulled her chair closer to him. Silver took a deep breath. She looked at him.

"I promise I was just ending things with him." That was sadly true, after all. 

Tom scoffed. He slithered his arm around Silver's waist.

They began eating. 

Slughorn began asking them questions like usual. He didn't pay much attention to Silver, so she just kept eating. Lana was there too, like usual. 

She barely paid any attention to Silver, just to Tom and Slughorn. Slughorn noticed her looking at Tom the whole dinner and he chuckled. 

"Lana dear, is there something going on between you and Tom?" Tom's head snapped up.

Lana smiled sweetly. "Nothing sir, we're just good friends." 

Slughorn laughed. "You both would be lucky to have each other!" Lana turned to Silver for the first time that evening. She chuckled. 

"Nonsense, sir." She said while looking straight at Silver.

 Silver rolled her eyes. She looked at Tom, who was just laughing it off. Slughorn's gaze landed on Silver. He raised his eyebrows and smiled cheekily.

 "I remembered thinking you and Tom were dating just a while ago!" He laughed. 

Lana snorted.

Silver smiled. "We never dated sir," 

She looked at Lana. "I'm sure Tom and Lana would be a great couple." 

Slughorn chuckled. Tom silently scoffed. Lana glared at Silver, she answered with a shrug. 

Slughorn glanced at Tom. "What do you think about Ms. Carrow here, Tom?" 

He clearly wanted some new juicy gossip. Tom raised an eyebrow. He turned to Lana and smiled. 

"I think she is a very charming lady sir." Lana's eyes gleamed.

The girls who were there looked at Lana jealously. Silver clenched her jaw. 

Compared to Lana, Silver's just a nobody. 

But, she is the nobody who traveled from one universe to another every year. 

The nobody who can find out everything about everyone here if she wanted to. 

Silver snorted. Lana's head snapped to Silver and glared at her. 

Silver shrugged.

Lana narrowed her eyes at Silver, she then smirk. 

"Are you jealous, Silver? We all know you've been trying to catch Tom's attention since the day you arrive here." 

Silver raised an eyebrow. 

"That's not true. But even if I did try to catch Tom's attention, what's wrong with that? Attractions are normal." 

Lana clench her jaw. "Not when you're acting all obsessed towards him." 

Silver laughed.

"I'm not obsessed with Tom. You, however, really seem like it."

The whole table went silent. 

Slughorn looked at both of them awkwardly. 

Lana bit her lip, trying her best not to yell out multiple kind of words to Silver. "Is that true, Lana?" Slughorn asked her. 

Lana forced a smile. "Of course not, Professor. Silver here is just good with stories." 

Silver smiled. 

"Stories?" She taunted.

Tom sighed. "That's enough, Silver."

Silver rolled her eyes. Lana sneered at her. She mouthed 'mudblood' at Silver. 

Silver ignored it and ran her fingers through her hair, messing it up a bit. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 3.2K 16
-"I know the truth. You love me?" -"yes" -"I love you too" Best rank #riddles 14 ❤️ #mattheoriddle 10♥️ #mattheo 20...
98.6K 2.5K 39
UNEDITED, i wrote this years ago As said, love is most powerful magic in the world, which means that the power of love can even melt the ice on top...
1.8K 162 13
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘦 , 𝘪 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 fem! oc x multi ...
8.5K 206 31
Read and find out. Warning Dark Fan fiction