Gally x Reader

By Helsing_Wick

Do opposites attract? Read on as the hot headed captain Gally comes face to face with _____, an equally tempe... More

The Glade
First Day
Trying to laugh
Fight me
Dawn
Too hot!
Admittance
A Runner?
Running
Newbie (1)
Newbie (2)
Careful
Infected
Night in the maze (1)
Night in the maze (2)
Night in the maze (3)
Answers (1)
Answers (2)
Answers (3)
Section 7
Choices
Escape
A/N
New life
Free
The Scorch
Right Arm
Lost
Wrong Carriage
The last city
The Past
Moving on
The Kidnap
Goodbye
Limbo
A/N
IMAGINE: Nightmares
IMAGINE: Morning Fun
IMAGINE: Celebration

The End

4.5K 133 116
By Helsing_Wick

Y/N'S POV

I felt a cool salty breeze blow over my face making me groan. I wearily opened my eyes to see I was lying in a wooden hut. I grunted in pain as I got up from the bed. I pulled up my shirt to see bandages around my stomach. I slipped on the shoes which were next to the bed and lifted the thin veil over the entrance. I walked out to see a sandy shore ahead of me. So this was the safe haven everyone was talking about.

"You jerk!"I turned my head to see a bunch of kids messing around. Looking on, I saw a small settlement with people walking around or talking with one another. I stumbled as I walked around, watching in wonder while people worked with some stopping to watch me passing by. Looking in front of me, I saw Thomas, Frypan and Minho approaching me. I waved at them before Thomas pulled me into a hug.

"Thank god you woke up"His voice was muffled as he hugged me tightly.

"How long was I asleep?"I asked when he let me go, only for me to be pulled into more hugs from Frypan and Minho.

"Almost two weeks"Frypan replied.

"Please don't ever run in front of bullets again"Minho half-joked.

"I can't make any promises"I chuckled as they rolled their eyes"So, where's Gally?"I asked them, my heart pounding, dreading any more bad news.

"He's fine"Thomas assured me"He's just resting for the first time since we got here"

"He hasn't been resting?"I questioned.

"He wouldn't leave your side"Minho said softly"Wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat. He wouldn't even shower. I'm surprised his smell alone didn't wake you up"I smiled at that before looking down. I saw the guys look at each other before Thomas took my arm.

"Come on, I want to show you something"I waved to Minho and Frypan as Thomas led me to a center area that had a huge rock in front of it with dozens of names carved into it. I ran my fingers over the names: Teresa, Winston, Chuck, Alby and.....Newt. I paused at his name, staring at it.

"I miss him Tommy"I said quietly.

"I miss him too _______"He put his arm around my shoulders"Gally said he found you clenching this"He opened his hand to reveal the tubular pendant which was now open"I found some letters inside"I looked up at Thomas as I picked up the pendant.

"What did they say?"

"I found one addressed to me and one for you"He pointed to the paper curled inside"Don't worry, I didn't read yours. Whatever Newt wrote, it isn't for me to know"He smiled softly at me"I want you to the keep the pendant. I have my letter, it's enough for me"He kissed my forehead and patted my shoulder before walking away.

I made my way to a cliff side just beyond the huts and sat down. I took a deep breath then with shaky hands, I pulled out the letter and read it.

Dear _______,

I don't know when I last wrote down something this important. Not since before the maze, I suppose. But I feel you need to read this because I know you're probably shutting everyone out like you do when things begin to wear down on you. But I can't let you do that, love. I can't let you waste away just because you believe I'm gone. I'm not, I promise.

I won't relay when or how I got infected but I've had it long enough to accept my fate. I'm not scared of dying but I am scared of forgetting those I love. Every night before I sleep, I've been saying their names over and over. Alby, Winston, Chuck. It reminds me of what we used to take for granted back in the glade; the sun shining over a new day, the wild yells of bonfire night and you.

I always hoped despite the fact you always said you loved us all equally, that perhaps you felt something more for me as I have always felt for you. Alas, your heart wasn't mine to take, it was made for Gally. I want you to be happy, you deserve it, whether it's with Gally or without but I don't want you to waste your future because it's not just your future, it's ours. As long as you're living your life, I'm not gone. So I need you to live again, I know what you and Gally have is special, don't let it fade away. Thank you for showing me how to live.

Goodbye my love
Newt x

GALLY'S POV

I made my way to the med hut, grumbling as I remembered Minho and Frypan shoving me out despite my protests, while Thomas blocked the entrance.

FLASHBACK

"I need to be there when she wakes up!"I struggled against them.

"Gally, you smell worse than a sewer. She's going to faint when she smells you, especially if you're sitting right next to her"Minho groaned as he pulled me further away from the hut.

"You need a shower man!"I ripped my arm out of their grasp as Frypan panted.

"I'll shower when I know she's okay!"I ran back to Thomas"Out of my way Thomas"

"No Gally. This is for your own good"He tackled me, knocking me over"She'll be fine for a couple of minutes while you shower and eat"I stopped struggling as I fell back against the sand, weak and exhausted.

"She was shot right in front of me, how can I leave her alone anymore?"I said, staring up at the sky.

"She's not alone, Gally. We're finally safe"Minho helped me sit up."And besides, _______ doesn't need protection, she needs common sense not to dive head first into danger"I chuckled at this and stood up.

"Fine. I'll shower but I'm eating here"They nodded in agreement and I glanced back to the hut as we walked away"She's going to be okay"

FLASHBACK

I pushed past the veil and my heart dropped when I saw the empty bed. I turned around, sprinting to where Thomas was standing, staring out onto the sea.

"She's gone!"I grabbed him by the shoulders, my words coming out jumbled due to my panic"I looked in the hut and she-she is just gone. Thom-"

"Gally! Breathe!"He pushed me off him"_______ is fine. She woke up while you were resting. She's right over there"He pointed to a small ridge overlooking the sea where a figure was seated.

"Right okay"I calmed down, breathing deeply"Thanks"I waved him away as I made my way to the ridge. As I approached, I felt a sense of deja vu when I saw her shoulders shaking as she stared at the horizon. Just like before, I felt I should walk away but she turned to me before I could.

"Gally"Her voice was hoarse and her normally bright _____ eyes were dull and rimmed red.

"Hey _______"I awkwardly sat down next to her while she wiped away her tears. I noticed the tubular pendant around her neck and the tear stained letter in her hands, with Newt's distinct handwriting. I looked away, unsure what to say"How are you feeling?"

"Physically? Fine"She answered"Mentally? Like shit"She scoffed"How have you been? I heard you wouldn't leave me alone"She looked at me with soft smile.

"Yeah, well it was my fault you got hurt"I muttered, my cheeks turning red"I should have seen that bullet coming"

"Gally, no"She sat closer to me, shaking her head"It was my stupidity that got me hurt and you know what"She looked down, slowly interlocking her fingers with mine before looking back at me"I would take a bullet for you every day of my life"

"What about Newt?"I found myself blurting and I wanted to punch my brain as her eyes flashed with pain while she removed her hand from mine"It's just I know he had feelings for you and you clearly felt something back"I rambled.

"And you know this how?"She asked me, her gaze intense.

"Oh come off it _______"I scoffed"You weren't exactly hiding it, what with the constant hand holding and lovesick glances"My fists curling while I spat this out"I've known from the start that you weren't really mine to love. I shouldn't have come back, I should have died-"I was cut off when she kissed me suddenly, pulling away before I fully registered what happened.

"I forgot just how dim you can be"She gasped, holding onto my shirt"Gally, hear me out and don't interrupt alright?"I nodded, still speechless"Yes, I cared for Newt more differently than I cared for the others and yes maybe if you hadn't come back, something might have happened between us"I opened my mouth but she held up her finger"But I also know that seeing you again was the day my soul came alive once more. Newt knew this and because he loved me, he knew I would only be truly happy with you. You have and always will be the world for me. I love you Gally"She finished softly.

"I'm sorry for all the hurt I've put you through sweetheart"I cupped her face gently"I always hoped I would find you alive and we could start over again. That things could be different."

"Well, this is our chance, my love"She held her hand over mine, smiling"I don't ever want to be apart from you again Gally"

"I'll never let that happen _______. I promise"I smiled. We slowly leaned in and kissed properly. I felt my heart soar as I pulled her closer, savouring her natural taste of sweetness, a taste which couldn't be found anywhere else. After months without her, I was dying to have more but I pulled away with reluctance. Her eyes remained closed for a second before she opened them with slight confusion.

"Is something wrong?"She asked, her eyebrows knitting in confusion.

"Everything's fine"I run my thumb across her cheek"I just want to savour our time together"She blushed at that and slid her arms around my chest, crawling into my lap as we faced the sea.

"I like the sound of that"She smiled as I held her close, placing her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead and slipped my hand into hers.

"Our forever starts today"

THE END!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 2.2K 70
Do opposite attract? As the sweet, kind and caring Y/n arrives at the glade the boys around her start to slide their way into her loving self, but d...
567K 12.6K 69
"𝐢 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠." 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 �...
127K 2.5K 33
This is an alternative universe of the Maze Runner series. It's basically the same except everyone has a soulmate and they can find their soulmate by...
48.2K 1.2K 71
COMPLETED - UNDER EDITING!! This will include The Maze Runner and The Death Cure (I'm only going to do a brief summary of The Scorch Trials because G...