PORCELAIN • JJK [✔️]

By Frozen_Meow

"Are you the one police is looking for Kookie? For real?" Mihyun's grab on his wrist tightened as he looked b... More

Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter - 10

254 17 88
By Frozen_Meow

Mihyun put her phone in her dress pocket and left for the living room where Yoongi was already waiting for her. He's in a formal suit which she hardly sees him wearing. It was confusing.

"Oppa I'm ready." She said making him look up from his phone. He nodded before walking up to her so they can leave. "Where are you going after?"

"I have a meeting with the agency. Some things happened..." he said and looked at his wrist watch. "We shouldn't make officer Jung wait. Let's go."

"What happened? I didn't hear anything..." she asked while they walked towards the elevator. His secretary following close behind after  bowing to them.

"No one knows about the police case yet. My agency somehow found out. That's why they want to meet. It's all okay, don't worry."

She felt a blow crushing through her, landing right on her heart. He's being summoned by the company heads because he's a celebrity and these police scandals can hurt his image. Yet, he's saying it's all good and taking her to meet the officer for her testimony himself.

"Oppa...I can manage. You should go to the company." She suggested.

"I don't want you to be alone when you're there. You should rely on me sometimes." He smiled gently. "And don't worry. My company can't fire me. I'm too successful for that." His smile replaced with a smirk.

She smiled sadly. He's sometimes a cocky jerk to people but the real sweet brother to her. Whatever she had against their father has to melt if he's like this. No doubt.

They both sat in the back as his secretary drove them to the police station. She kept thinking how to tell the police everything again, not like she didn't before. It's just another testimony and she's been through it. That's why she had no trust for the cops. They just keep pressuring a potential victim for whatever information they want, without knowing what they are feeling while trying so. Today though, she can be assured that Yoongi is here.  Also, officer Jung seemed to be a good cop. A strange yet warm feeling of security.

"Good morning officer Jung..." she bowed to Hoseok been who's waiting outside the police station for them. "I hope we're not late."

"Absolutely not. This way." He smiled and lead them inside.

The police station was buzzing with people. Officers and others. He lead them both to a corner where she saw his name card displayed on the desk, a very rough looking and file stacked place. He must've been working on several things. The crushed coffee cups also say the same thing.

"Its a little unorganized..." Hoseok shyly scratched his head. "Please don't mind."

"Looks great to me." Yoongi took his seat, she did the same. Once Hoseok helped himself with the files and set them aside, he sat down and sighed.

"You can tell me if you're uncomfortable with anything. I can understand." Hoseok started. "Let's start with basic things." He started typing away in his computer.

"He's my mother's husband. But I'm not his biological daughter." She said and looked down at her hands. "He's been a drunkard and abusing ever since I can remember." Her fingers curled on the skirt she's wearing. Trying to stop herself from remembering how he used to hit her in the past.

"And he got reported when you were in Highschool..." Hoseok looked at the file on his screen and read from it. "You reported him Mr. Min..."

Yoongi nodded in response. "Yes. I was actually living in the US with my father before that. When I came to know about this, it was already too late." He sighed. "She couldn't do it earlier because she had no one else to take care of her."

Mihyun could only stare down and stay silent. She doesn't know why her mother abandoned her and left her with the maniac but if it wasn't for Yoongi, she wouldn't have survived it. Although he was a little late, she was glad he came.

"He was in jail for 10 years now. He got out about recently, about six months ago and he's been stalking her ever since." Hoseok said making her surprised. She didn't know she's been followed for that long. Or maybe he didn't let her know until now because he was looking for the right time to attack.

"He's mentally unstable. Also very heavily addicted to alcohol and stuff. Why did they even let him out?" Yoongi looked disappointed.

"We can't hold someone in without a solid reason Mr. Min. He's had his punishment over the 10 years. We can't just extend his stay." Hoseok sighed this time. "But don't worry we have a reason now. We have witnesses and proves to keep him behind the bars for another 10 years." He assured. Typing some more.

"Please do that." She softly said. "I can't let him make me live in fear anymore. My childhood was ruined as it is."

The air felt cold around her. But for the first time, it wasn't judgmental in a police station. Hoseok looked anything but that.

"I'm sorry Miss Min." He said. "I'll make sure he gets what he deserves."

The last name he said made her look up and she was about to say she's not a Min but again like that day, Yoongi stopped her. She sighed. Failing to protest.

"That'll be all. I think you won't have to visit me anymore." Hoseok smiled with a nod.

"Hope to meet you under better circumstances officer Jung." Yoongi shook hands with him before standing up. She also bowed to him politely and turned to leave.

But then she saw someone very familiar coming into the station. The person's too focused on the file in hand that she wasn't noticed at all. Her legs froze nonetheless.

Fuck...why's Seokjin oppa here I can't let him see me here...

"Oh? Detective Kim?" Hoseok called for him from her back and she cursed under her breath. Jung Hoseok didn't seem so idiot until now.

"Yeah officer Jung-" Seokjin looked up,  stopping to see the familiar face which belonged to her. "Mihyun?"

She awkwardly smiled as Yoongi looked confused as well as Hoseok. She looked at Yoongi and then Seokjin again.

"Hi...oppa..." she felt like hiding somewhere where no one can ask her questions now. One, Yoongi had no idea who Seokjin is and secondly, Seokjin will now ask why she's here and who's Yoongi. She's doomed. To say.

"You know him?" Yoongi asked first. His instincts kicking in.

"And may I know who you are?" Seokjin asked Yoongi. His voice authoritative and hands carefully folded against his chest. Not helping Yoongi's temper at all.

Hoseok sensed the silent heat going on and watched as they stared at each other intensely.

"Oppa...he's my oppa Min Yoongi." She blurted out. "And oppa...he's my friend Taehyung's brother. Kim Seokjin." She hurried but the damage was done. Both were already glaring at each other.

"Friend's brother. I see." Yoongi felt at ease now and loosened up. Seokjin however was completely opposite.

"Oppa? Since when?" He scoffed as he sent glares to Yoongi. Insecure of losing his position all of a sudden.

"Even before she was born..." Yoongi answered with a hint of mockery for him.

She mentally face palmed. She didn't know these two people who loved her to infinity will someday tackle each other for the brotherly authority towards her. Hoseok was just enjoying the show from front row. Amused and suppressing laughter.

"We should leave oppa. I'll see you tomorrow oppa..." she tugged on Yoongi's suit and waved at Seokjin.

"No wait!" Seokjin stopped her. "You didn't tell me why you're here..."

"Umm..." she contemplated telling him.

"I had some things to discuss about my security issues. You know. I'm a celebrity I need those." Yoongi cut in. Saving her the trouble.

"You must be really proud about that huh?" Seokjin has never been this sarcastic and Mihyun was now scared that these two will practically eat the other raw if not stopped right now.

"Aren't you late for the meeting oppa? Let's go!" She shoved Yoongi out of the sight and waved at Seokjin before leaving the station immediately. Sighing in relief when they were finally out.

"Who was that man really?!" Yoongi looked furious but was holding his anger in. Face reddened. She smiled at him sweetly.

"He's a close oppa and takes good care of me. You should get along too, he's a good man." She saw him off to the car and closed the door when he was in.

"Aren't you going home?" He asked when he saw her not getting in with him.

"I have plans with my friends. I'll see you home at night." She assured and waved at him.

"Have dinner with me then. I'll cook." He smiled as the car drove away. Her happy face came back. Another dinner treat from him.

She now remembered the man she left inside the station so she ran back in. Only to find him sulking on Hoseok's desk.

"Oppa..." she whined, acting cute on purpose so she can get her way out. Tugging on his sleeve and pouting. He looked up. More like glared.

"Huh...look who's back..." he scoffed, complaining to particularly no one and snatched his hand back. "Go! go...go with your rich celebrity brother...shoo..." she laughed at how jealous he's being.

"Okay..." she shrugged. She pretended to leave but he grabbed her hand.

"Yah!" Seokjin stood up. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" He sounded serious now. The humor, gone.

"Because you never asked." She smiled like it was normal having a brother overnight. "I've moved in with him recently. He's taking good care of me don't worry."

"That's that then." He said but then he was back to being sulky again. "But I don't approve you loving him more than me."

"Aww...never..." she wrapped her arms around his shoulder to side hug him.

At least the original problem is solved. He doesn't know about the case.

"Found it." Hoseok came back to the desk and showed him a key. "Let's go."

"Where?" She asked out of curiosity.

"To inspect the last dead body. Ji Won remember?" He said.

Yeah...

"Can I join?" She blurted out but then Hoseok looked at her like she's crazy. Seokjin shook his head.

"No darling. You can't. It's for officials only." He apologetically said. Patting her head as she nodded.

"Oh...okay..." she sounded a little disappointed. "But one thing." She added. "Let me know what drug she had in her body apart from the Aconitine..."

"How can you say she had something in her body apart from that?" Hoseok questioned and looked very suspicious as he should. He's an investigating officer, he has the right.

"Seokjin oppa will explain that to you. I'll be off. Bye..." she waved at both of them and walked out of the station once again.

If the drug was in cafeteria food, then she has to have it in her veins as well. Jimin's report might've disappeared. The actual drug can't.

Something to look at, left behind by the killer.

"Where's my baby?" She put her phone down on the table Jimin is sitting at and asked. He looked up and cocked an eyebrow.

"Inside." He replied. Making a face.

"Mhm?" She hummed and went into the cafe kitchen. Scent of freshly baked pastries and coffee filled her senses when she entered. Taehyung was as always working and was too focused to look at her.

"Hey..." she wrapped her arms around his figure from behind and he instantly smiled, knowingly. She was nuzzling into his back which was ticklish but he loved the feeling. She suddenly stopped so he looked back.

"What?"

"You're wearing that same perfume again..." she confusedly looked up, face into a pout.

"Didn't you say it suited me?" He asked tilting his head.

"Yeah..." she rested her chin on his back and was looking up.

"So I bought one for myself. You liked it."

She suppressed a smile that broke out. An infectious smile that made him shyly smile as well. He bought one because she liked the scent. Anything sweeter happening here? Nope!

"Ahem..."

They both look up at the voice to find Jungkook awkwardly standing there with a tray, looking at them as if they're committing a crime by back hugging in a cafe kitchen. She rolled her eyes at him.

"What? Who asked you to see?" She snarled at him.

"I didn't ask you to check me out either." He backfired. Cockily raising an eyebrow. He came in and took the coffee from Taehyung, placing it on his tray.

"Why you-" she raised her hand and accidentally knocked over the hot coffee Jungkook's holding. Resulting it to splash all over his right arm. He hissed as the burn hit him.

"OH MY GOD JUNGKOOK! ARE YOU OKAY?" She gasped and grabbed his arm to inspect. His skin was turning red from the hot coffee, she kept cursing herself mentally. "Come here..." she pulled him towards the sink and started pouring water on the burn.

"I'll grab some ice..." Taehyung went to the freezer to do what he said. Jungkook was not responding at all. Just staring at the girl who's desperately trying to calm his burn down. Failed attempts of lowering his pain because it had already reached deeper than she can see.

It burned right where she had touched him.

"Is it hurting anymore? I'm so sorry Jungkook I didn't mean to-" she was telling him but he just gritted his teeth. Eyes devoid of emotions.

"It's okay." He pulled his arm back and sighed. "I'm fine." He was about to leave but Taehyung brought the ice and stopped him.

"Put it, it'll help." He said, feeling sorry for the boy.

He took the ice pack and left the kitchen without looking back. She couldn't help but feel bad. Shoulders slumping down. The excitement from minutes ago, gone. No matter why she couldn't stand Jungkook at all, she shouldn't have hurt him like this.

"He's mad, isn't he?" She asked Taehyung and looked down at the broken cup. The coffee all over the floor in a mess.

"It was an accident baby. Don't be upset." He assured. But seeing her still a little down, he sighed again. "He'll be good if you apologise again. I'm sure."

"Okay...I'll do that."

"By the way...Seokjin hyung called. You had a big brother?" Taehyung rested one of his hands on the counter and asked curiously.

"What? He called you to tell you that?" She face palmed dramatically making him chuckle.

"No actually..." he laughed. "He sounded sad and asked if he's the only one who didn't know about this."

"Yeah. You guys never asked." She gave the same excuse. "Jimin knows him." She shrugged. She can only excuse it as no one asking her because she herself tried her best to hide it. Knowing it'll create problems in both their lives.

She can't really share about her fucked up family matters to her friends. Jimin knew because he's seen things no one else has. The bruises and scars, dried blood on her lips sometimes, where her father had hit her or when his father got arrested and she moved in with Yoongi, he's seen her struggles and decided to keep her secret when she asked him to. She didn't really think telling Taehyung will bring anything better. She can only grow distant or be pitiful in his eyes. She never wanted that.

Not like Taehyung wasn't the type of person to not understand. She kept feeling anxious still.

"Tell me more..." he asked while going back to the coffee machine, making another coffee. She smiled.

"He's the sweetest brother one can ask for." She breathlessly chuckled the thought. "And my only family left."

No need to consider someone like her father a family.

He stopped what he was doing and looked at her. Suddenly regretted asking. She smiled again. But this time a sadder one. "I haven't spent much time with him. But he's just like me. Bad at expressing his love with words."

"That's kinda true." He nodded making her laugh.

"You know Agust D? The rapper?" She asked and he looked like she's talking about his element now.

"Why won't I know him?! He's my favorite rapper!" Taehyung beamed. Lightening up like light bulbs.

"Wanna meet him?" She excitedly asked making him nod furiously again.

"I'll talk to oppa, he can do that for you."

Some customers lined up in front of the cafe so Taehyung couldn't reply to her and had to attend them. She sat there out of the customers sight and sighed. Her mind still stuck on Jungkook's nearly burned arm. She sighed again. She should just go and say sorry.

She hopped off the counter and went out to the front to find him. He was serving tables and his sleeves were still down to his wrists. The coffee stain visible on it. He must be hiding the reddened skin underneath.

He was coming into her direction but pretended as if he didn't notice her standing there. When he was passing her by, she couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Jungkook..." she slowly called.

"Hm?" He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry." She said and anticipated an answer.

"I said it's okay." He shrugged.

"Then why are you mad?" She asked and crossed her arms. "You aren't smiling..."

He just stared at her for a good minute before turning his gaze elsewhere. He couldn't get why she's so invested, it was a minor accident she didn't mean to happen anyways. He thought she didn't like him at all.

"Okay Noona..." he cracked a smile. Lightly but a smile.

"Noona?!" She pouted. "I'm not your noona bitch!"

"Yeah?" He leaned down to tease. "I'm still gonna call you that, Noona!" Voice laced with the same mischief from the kitchen.

He ran away while giggling, she could only smile at his back. Maybe Taehyung was right. She shouldn't have judged him so fast. He's kind of adorable and she has started to realize that now.

"Then I'm gonna call you Kookie!"

--- To Be Continued ---

A/N : I'm updating now cause I won't be able to update later hahaha 🙃

Anyways, what do you think? Should she really trust Jk or not? 👀 imma wait for your responses huh.

The next chapters are kinda heartbreaking so I'm giving you a heads up already. 🙂 let's see what happens.

Love yourself and take care of yourself more today. Meet you in the next chapters.

Byeee 💌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 712 38
[undergoing editing ] Y/n a simple girl without parents work as a waitress in a restaurant and unware the danger which is about to come in her life b...
8.1K 1.2K 40
A major accident seven years ago had stolen Jeon Jungkook's memory away from him, wiping it so clean that the only things he were left with were only...
67.2K 2.1K 26
"Ex-cuse me! Who are you to tell me that?" she blurted out. "You'll get to know that soon." He made his grip more tight around her waist, luckily no...
23K 1.4K 30
❝Sorry, I didn't recognise you with clothes on. Can you take them off so I can see you better?❞ ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧ Starting a new job as a pol...