Eve Black

By _nova_writes

Meet Eve Black: I decided to flirt with the guy that did it, "Heyyyy cutie," I say with a wink. "Hey, pretty... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Special Extra Epilogue
21st and last question
A/N

Chapter 14

16.1K 472 172
By _nova_writes

Hey guys! Make sure to look at the chapter photo, a lot of times it is Eves outfit or has something to do with the chapter! Not always though! Anyways, enjoy!

—————————————————————————

(back to Eves POV)

The plane lands and we all grab our stuff and head to the car. This is the hard part, being in a confined space with Matteo.

The car ride is silent besides the music that is playing on the radio. Matteo is driving, I am in the passenger seat, and Rose is in the back asleep. I look out the window to avoid looking at Matteo. When I look in the side-view mirror and realize that the car behind us has been riding our tail for a while now.

"I think someone is following us," I say to Matteo, still watching the car in the mirror.

"You're being dramatic, there probably just going the same place as us," Matteo shrugs me off.

"Okay, then get off the highway and make a couple of turns to see if they follow."

"Okay, I will," Matteo says confidently.

We get off at the next exit and so does the car behind us. We turn left, then right, then left again and so does the car behind us, "Ok fine maybe they are following us," Matteo says as he watches the car too.

At this point, the car has noticed that we noticed them. They start to ride our tail even closer than before. Matteo speeds up and it becomes a race. We keep making turn after turn trying to lose the car but they stay right behind us. I watch as they roll their window down and point a gun at us.

"Matteo they have a gun!" I shout at him even though he is sitting right next to me.

"I can see that," Matteo says oddly calmly.

"Is this a normal Monday for you?"

"No they normally try to kill me on Tuesday," Matteo says dead serious.

"Is that sarcasm?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Yes, dumbass now get down before they shoot," I duck down and do as told.

Rose is awake now and does the same, "Matteo what's going on?" she asks with a quiver in her voice.

I reach back for her hand to comfort her, "Someone is following us but it will okay. Matteo will fix this. Right, Matteo?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure," Matteo says very unconvincingly.

I hear a couple of shots hit the car and Matteo still hasn't lost the car, "Fine, I'll do it myself," I grab the gun from Matteo's waist.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Hold my legs," I roll down the window, stick my arm out, and start firing shots. I keep shooting as I pull the rest of my upper body out of the window and sit on the car door. I see that there are two men in the front seats. One is driving and the other is shooting at us. I shoot at the driver first and then the other man. I hit both of them. The driver got hit in the shoulder and the shooter was hit in the stomach.

I watch as the car goes off the road and crashes into a tree, "It wasn't that hard," I say as I sit back down.

"Well I was driving so I couldn't do that."

"That was so badass! You are literally my greatest inspiration!" Rose says to me with a huge smile on her face.

"I can teach you how to do that."

"No, no she can't because Rosina is not allowed to use a gun," Matteo sounds like a father.

I roll my eyes at him and pull up Google Maps to find our way home. The rest of the car ride goes smoothly. Rose and I sing to One Direction purposely annoying Matteo the entire ride home that is now an extra hour longer.

Eventually, we get back to the mansion safe and sound. I take my bags and suitcases to my room and lay down. It is ten at night, everybody else is going to bed but not me. I can't go to sleep or the demons of my past will come to haunt me. I used to be an angel full of happiness but now I am a black pit full of despair and sorrow. The people that hurt me thought that they would destroy me, they thought I would drown in the darkness but instead, I thrived. I became a better, stronger, and scarier version of myself. A part of me I didn't know I had in me. People can do a lot worse things than kill you, and you can either let it destroy you or use it. I used it. I may be full of sorrow and despair but I am also full of revenge, and I will get my revenge. I will get my revenge on my father, my mother, Maya, Carley, and Him.

I lay in bed thinking about everything I have overcome and everything I have become. I decide I want to be more. I don't know how yet, but I do know I want to get back at them all and I know where to start.

I walk to Matteo's room hoping he is still awake. I go to knock but before I can he opens the door, "Oh, great I was hoping you were awake. I have something I want to talk to you about."

"I can't talk, I have business to take care of," Matteo starts to walk away.

"Okay, I'll come with you then," I hope he realizes that I am going with him no matter what.

"No-"

"That wasn't a question I'm coming," I say as I walk next to him.

"Go change. Put on the uniform in your closet."

I go to my closet and see the uniform. No way in hell I am wearing that ugly thing. The uniform is a woman cut shirt with gross black loose pants. I decide to wear loose black army like pants with a crop top tank top with thick straps as opposed to spaghetti straps. I wear chunky black boots to finish the looks.

I walk into the hallway where Matteo is waiting for me, "That's not the uniform."

"No shit Sherlock. That uniform is ugly as hell so I am wearing this instead," I shoot him a cocky smile.

Matteo rolls his eyes, "Whatever, we are late," he starts walking downstairs.

"Where are we going?" Matteo ignores me. I see Enzo at the bottom of the steps waiting for Matteo. He looks surprised to see me, "Enzo! It's good to see you again!"

Enzo laughs, "It's good to see you to Eve."

"Do you know where we are going? Mr. I'm-always-mad-and-annoyed over there won't tell me."

"We are going to Queens, New York."

"Oh," was all I could manage to say. Queens, New York. The place I grew up.

"Is something wrong with that? You know you don't have to go, right?" Enzo asks me.

"Yeah, I know. Could we stop by my home and grab some of my old things while we are there?" I don't even know if the house is still mine. I haven't been there since I was sixteen.

"Oh? You grew up there?" Enzo sounds surprised.

"Yeah, I did."

"Sure, we can definitely grab your stuff," Enzo says kindly, "I'll explain the business we are handling on the jet ride there."

"Thanks, Enzo."

***

"Okay, so this is the Cobra Gang. They are a minor gang run by a guy named Lucas Harris. They owe us a lot of money. We are going to tell them to either pay us right then and there or we will take his girlfriend," Enzo is explaining what is going to happen when we get to Queens. I am sitting across from him as he lays out pictures of their gang members and all their bases. Matteo is in the seat that is across the aisle way.

"Who is his girlfriend?"

"A girl named Carley Sanchez," my heart stops, I can't think, I just stare blankly at the photo of Carley. She is barely recognizable, her arms are covered in tattoos and she cut her hair short, "Are you okay Eve? You look sick."

"You know what I say we just take the girlfriend and kill her," I say simply.

"Why? Do you know her?" I see Matteo turn his head and start listening to our conversation out of the corner of my eye.

"Yes, I do. Carley drugged me while we were at a club and that is how I was taken by the Russian Mafia."

"She what?" Enzo nearly yells.

"Yup, I'm sure Matteo told you my real backstory, right?" I ask wanting him to confirm my thoughts.

"Yeah. He thought it would help us find more information on your past. It didn't by the way."

I nod. Enzo doesn't continue the conversation, he looks deep in thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 67.6K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
13.8K 380 26
The strong pull to her. The desire to have something you never thought you would want again. A glance turned into an obsession. And he would stop at...
124 18 8
"Done staring?" I looked down immediately, my hands still trembling in fear. "Leave a message for the man. We'll take this one." Are they talking abo...
7K 355 45
You used to love the fairytales , but it was the cold you were afraid of. Sharp cold shivers as you uncovered the cold body of little red riding hood...