RIDE OR DIE, Takers(AJ fanfic)

By wanderwall16

✨ C O M P L E T E D ✨ //This story is a personal remaking and alteration of the movie TAKERS// ... More

CAST!!✨
Who Am I?
'The Twilight Exit'
Gold Green Eyes And A Whirlwind Of Lies.
Follow Me To Stranger Lands
I'll Ride With You, Till I'm Part Of The Crew.
Murdering Gloom
Uterior Motives And Planting Explosives
Fight Or Flight Baby
Of Lilacs And Black.
An Evanescent Phenomenon
Craving Chaos
Ferris Wheel Of Speculation
Little Ray Of Pitch Black
Hellish Poisons
Russian Roulette And Twisted Bets
Your Ineffable Ways
The Crescent Moon
Blurry Nights
Up In The Sky
Somewhere Only We Know
Tainted Glories
Maze Of Madness
Ride Or Die
Bang! Bang! The Gun Sang
Hospital Blues
Crooked Smiles
Castle By The Sea
Emerald Envelopes
You And Me
Stranger Things
Spectacularly Broken
Startling Silences
Deliriously Devious
Darker Than Obsidian
Man with the emerald ring
Trials of Green: 1
Trials of Green: 2
Fiery and Sweet

The Last Tide

482 14 9
By wanderwall16

AJ was frozen he seemed utterly lost. Everyone was quite, even the strange man. I slowly trailed my hand down AJ's and held it. He clasped it immediately.

"Who is that?" I whispered, so very slightly.

"He's my-my" AJ was phrasing.

"I'm home Aidan, and I'm here for you. And you only. I hope you know that." The man said, his voice was deep and hoarse.

He stepped forward, closer to AJ and in the light one could see the silver scar etched onto his structured face. From his left eye, till his chin.

He had green eyes. The same green AJ had. He finally hugged AJ in a speedy whisk. AJ clung on to him like a fish out of water. He still seemed too shocked.

The man's hat fell off, revealing hay gold hair, the same gold as AJ's.
Cleo came running from somewhere and then she too pounded on the man.

At first it seemed like ferocity, but later I realised she was licking and jumping around him.

"Ahh Cleo beo, look at my girl. How much she's grown." He said.

"Uncle Edmund? How are you-you died before I? AJ muttered.

Uncle Edmund! U.E. That was him. Green eyes, green emerald. This was the man we'd all been looking for so long! But AJ's uncle! I had not seen that coming.

"I thought you died before AJ was even born," I blurted.
He finally looked at me. With that naked gaze of his. Somehow I didn't want to run. I wanted to know more.

"I did almost die. But death can be cheated." He spoke more firmly now.

Lily was still mad for some reason. G seemed tired. Jesse and Willow seemed interested. Irene and Sam were more than willing to listen on. And Jake had a look of concern. He was looking at AJ.

"Tell us why, how, when, where, everything there is to know Uncle. Or else just walk out the door. I'll just pretend you don't exist. Like I always did." AJ said stepping forward.

"I'll tell you everything," Edmund replied carefully.

No one hesitated, everyone sat around Edmund, some eager, some with their lips pursed and some wary.

But everyone willing to listen for answers.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Your father and I, we were very close. And very rich. Our family was royalty. Alas with old money comes old tradition. And for love Eric was ready to break all tradition. He was deeply and irrevocably in love with Odette. You see, Odette was just so different. From a different world, and she loved Eric. She was willing to change herself for him. They both did, make immense sacrifices for eachother. And everything was well. Even after Aidan was born. We were so happy. Then we moved here, for a better life. In this very beach house. That's when things went bad.

Eric and I were met with the emerald. It was ours. And that had become news. We were the holders of a exceptionally rare and precious stone. And not only one but four. We however had one in our holding, given to us by our ancestor. The other three were lost. And I wanted them. So did Odette, the only person who didn't care a damn was Eric.

That drove us apart. Aidan was left at home too long. We used to fight all the time. And even when we'd finally located and collected all the emeralds things just were never the same. I had fake my death in order to keep the monsters for the emeralds at bay. And we didn't even tell Eric.

Odette and I. We were the only ones who knew. That kind of truth eats away at you. Drives you apart from people you love.

The night, they died. Odette finally broke. You see, she loved Eric with every inch of her being. And she loved you Aidan. But she knew that she'd gone in too deep.

She wanted to get rid of the emeralds, once and for all. She set out that night. But Eric followed her. And she told him everything. And he forgave her. But when they were returning, home after deciding to give the emeralds to authorities. They were- well they were killed. Many a rouge had found out about them. The true owners. And I was dead to the world.

So they were killed, in order for ownership to pass on to their killers.

Another thing they missed though, was you boy. You were their biggest treasure. And they protected you for so long. Even after they died. They loved you Aidan. I hope you know that.

AJ was blank. There was nothing on his face. Not hurt, not agony nor anger. Nothing.

"Why now? Why the letters? Why U.E. why didn't you come find me sooner?" He asked in monotone.

"Because the emeralds were still lost. Once I'd finally located them. I came for you. And I saw what you were doing. You seemed happy. In this weird life of yours. I saw you with her. At that club in the big city. I thought I was protecting you. Yet you still stumbled upon crime."

AJ didn't say anything.

"Why do you need him now? We're more of a family to him. Than you ever were," John said coming out of the shadows.

"Because this is his family legacy. He is the last living owner of everything. And I don't want any of it. I loved my brother. And I didn't get to say goodbye either. And I want revenge. I want to end this curse, before another family line is diseased by it." Edmund renounced.

"Why U.E?" I whispered.

"Because darling, I was too afraid to come face first to meet my nephew. And I have been known by those I initials ever since the boy was born. Officially licensed as uncle."

"Why do you need Delilah? Why did your last letter say what it said," AJ questioned.

"I did not send the girl any letters. I've only ever written to you son," Edmund revealed.

"Then what is this?" Lily spoke. Throwing the letter infront of Edmund.

He picked it up and inspected it.

"A petty try to replicate me. The only peculiar thing is, why does he want you?" Edmund said looking directly towards me.

"Who, he?" John said.

"The big boss. The man who organises these gala. The couple that you saw at the party, Patrick and Archie. Their boss. This is his work. And you are to steal these emeralds. They will be under his nose." Edmund pondered.

"How does he even know Delilah?" Irene said.

"Well he knows a lot. Why she caught his eye is something I cannot answer."

"No. Not happening. Delilah is not going into this." John said.

Everyone stared at him. Even AJ.

"Mr Edmund?" I asked. "What exactly would I have to do?"

AJ tensed. And John cursed.

"You will have to walk into the trap, proud and knowing. Then you'd have to manipulate your way to the room where the boss sits. You'll have to woo him and make him bid on you. To coincide with the bid you made on the emeralds. Finally, you'll have to pay him in bonds and get out of there alive. All this without him knowing that you are related in anyway to Aidan Jones. Or myself." Edmund answered.

Now all eyes were on me. Everyone but AJ.

"So tell me girl? Are you willing to do this?"

"Yes," I answered.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The next few hours before dinner were a blur. It was raining heavily. AJ and Edmund did some catching up. G and Jake joined in. The girls came to me. Telling me that I'm mega stupid. But I didn't back out. I know I'm doing this.

Lily was so overwhelmed that she threw up. Her and Jake went in quick. We had to plan and secure everything by tomorrow. And everyone was a mess. At dinner, only Edmund and G were conversing. Jesse and Willow were feeling guilty for finding Edmund. The others had already gone to bed. And John, AJ and I were as we always were.

I couldn't take the tension any longer. After dinner I stepped outside into the thundering night. It had stopped raining and the moon was vaguely visible.

But the storm hadn't yet finished and lightning still struck the sky every now and then. I always hated thunder. I never really knew why. I just always did.

I missed home somehow being near the beach. I missed the sea. And I missed my parents. God knows I'd been far away from them too long.

Then again, I had never been in love. Never been a criminal. It was as if my life had completely flipped in the past month. Because of the takers. I was a completely different person now.

I sighed as another stroke of lightning flashed throughout the black sky.

"Don't like the rain?" Asked a hoarse voice from behind me.

"Not so much the rain, more the lightning." I answered swiftly.

"Ahh Marianne didn't either." He sighed standing next to me. He sounded lost, perhaps in memories.

He reached to his pocket and took out a cigarette.

"Want one?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Who's Marianne? If you don't mind me asking." I questioned.

"It's alright, Marianne. She was a dream." He almost sung. While taking a smoke and letting out a grey mist.

I waited.

"I knew her when I left after my brother's death. The world was different then. Simple per say. We met at sea." He took another whisk of the cigarette.

"We were lovers. And she was the only thing keeping me alive."

"What happened?" I asked.

"You know child, some people are like poetry. Their very essence is magical. She was poetry, my Marianne," He sighed.

"I left her. She loved me, and I left her. On the ship. My Marianne. My poetry. My love."

"Why? Why'd you leave her Edmund?"

"Because Delilah, in youth we are proud and stubborn and heroic. We think ourselves the medicine to all ill. And truly speaking it's all true. But when we inevitably age. We are left all alone. To wallow in our young mistakes," he answered looking at me.

"I only hope you and Aidan choose better than I did. For child. There is not a day that spills by when I don't miss her."

The last spikes of his cigarette were thrown on the pavement. Amber orange, fading to ash. To nothing.

And the last flare of grey was flowing up into the angry broken sky.

"There is a poetry to thunder as well, don't you think?" Edmund whispered as another flash made me blink.

In seconds I was alone again. In smoke and ash and poems.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

AJ was waiting for me in the hall. Everyone else had gone. The house seemed almost deserted. Only one lamplight open, by AJ's side.

The light was casting shadows over his face. He looked like a painting out of a museum. Beautiful and still.

"What're you doing here?" I said as soon as I saw him.

"Waiting for you, you don't like the weather. So I thought you'd want to be together." He answered.

I climbed onto his lap facing him. With my legs on either side of his. His left hand was gently around me.

"Are you okay?"

"Hard question."

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm just-overwhelmed. With everything."

"I know, and it'll take time. But now at least you have family. He's not that bad you know."

"I guess. I just don't care. You know when I saw him. I was almost-"

"Disappointed?"

He looked at me, stunned.
"How'd you?"

"I know after what I overheard at the party, you hoped your father was alive. Not your uncle," I explained.

"Does that make me a jerk or what?" AJ sighed.

"No babe, that just makes you human. A boy who missed his father. That's human."

His hands were tracing my back now, mindlessly, aimlessly.

"Delilah, about the emeralds. Do you really want to do this?" He whispered.

"I do AJ. I really do. And I think I can handle it. But, I won't do it. Not if it makes you unhappy." I said honestly.

He stared at me for a bit. Before speaking.
"Do it baby, but promise me. After this, no more criminal shit. No more ride or die? Just a normal life. With me," he spoke softly.

"With you?" I smiled.

"You got a problem with that?" He smirked softly.

"No, I just was wondering whether your fedora comes with you or.."

"Sadly she's part of the package."

"Oh so it's a she!"

He chuckled slowly and pulled me closer.

"I promise you, nothing will happen to you. I'll be there, always. Not that you need my protection," he smiled.

"I know, and I do like a backup sometimes." I said kissing his cheek.

He kissed my temples, then my cheeks, then my lips, my neck.

His hands were trailing underneath my shirt, around my back.

"I love you O'dair," he whispered between kisses.

I was too overwhelmed to answer.
My hands were in his hair, around his neck. His skin felt like ice. While mine was on fire.

He picked me up and took me to the room. Flashes of fast and furious lightning struck the sky.

But I was too entangled in him to notice.

I was too wrapped up in kisses to care

I was too busy with my poetry to be scared.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"So is everyone clear then?" Asked Gordon for the hundredth time.

"Ugh yes G we get it!" I cried.

"You know Delilah you're either really smart or really dumb to be doing this," G muttered.

"Don't leave people, I have news." Hollered Edmund.
He and the boys, AJ, Jake and Jesse had had gone to get supplies.

"What news?" G enquired.

"Yeah I don't think my heart can take any more surprises," Lily said all squarmy.

"You mean your stomach," Sam corrected. Earning a chuckle from Irene and a glare from Lily.

"I know what'll happen tomorrow. Every step of the way. Listen carefully Delilah this is important," Edmund renounced.

He went to stand at the centre of the table next to G.

"Tomorrow you'll have to enter the part as an official bidder. Which you've already been enrolled as. This means that you've officially called hands on the emeralds." Edmund said.

"Then you'll have to find the passage way leading to the main bosses office. All the bidders have to answer a series of clues to get their. Like a sort of escape room." Jake added.

"Once you're in his room, you'll have to woo him catch his eye. They'll be a party inside the party. Distractions everywhere. Manipulators everywhere." AJ said, concerned.

"Yeah almost like hell, and you're playing the devil's game." Jesse thought out loud.

"Gee thanks guys, way to uplift me!" I sarcastically announced.

"Listen Delilah." Lily warned.

"Okay, what next? What happens once I...woo him?"

"Once you are selected as the final receiver of the emeralds, he will ask you for one word. A password something you would have glared at throughout the night. Something hidden in every wall, every inch of the room. And once you answer. He will hand you the emeralds and escort you back outside. You'll find a black car. We'll be there." Edmund finished.

"Won't they know that I'm not a real bidder?" I asked.

"Delilah O'dair isn't. But Este Walker is," AJ said.

"Isn't Este Walker a real person?" Jesse asked.

"She is. She's an heir to a very rich and politically motivated Brit family. She's lived all her life in America. But she is currently.... unavailable. So Delilah will be taking her place." Jake said.

"Wouldn't they come to know?" Willow asked.

"They will, but by the time they do. It'll be too late." Edmund answered.

"Okay...okay, sounds okay." I thought out loud.

Everyone stared at me. AJ seemed worried.

"Are you still sure you want to do this?" Lily asked.

"Yes, I do. I will. And anyways Edmund will prep me right?" I said.

They all nodded.

"Great then, we're good to go." I said.

"No actually there is one more problem." Edmund said.

I blinked at him, "Yes?"

"You need an escort with you. It's always better if you have someone. And according to the invitation you need an escort," he finished.

I sighed happily, " That's easy. AJ can-"

"He can't, they'll know who he is. It's too risky. And I need Jake and Jesse." Edmund answered.

Everyone was quiet again.

"I'll go with her," John offered.

"Perfect!" Edmund said.

"Now let's have lunch shall we? I'm famished!" Edmund announced.

Everyone agreed.

"Sure, yeah, let's have lunch." I thought noticing the unavoidable tension.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You realise you'll be in all alone at the end of it? I've prepped you all I can. But it really all depends on you at the end." Edmund said.

"I do Ed, I do." I answered.

"Who told you, you can call me Ed?" He asked slyly looking at me.

I laughed out loud. "Oh Ed, I'll probably die tomorrow let me get this last wish. Also you screwed over my boyfriend. So the least you can do is let me call you Ed. Okay Ed!"

He chuckled, "You really are crazy."

I did not argue.

"You really love him?" He asked

"I really do." I answered in a single breath.

I was going to go back inside, considering our little lesson was over. But he stopped me.

"Listen Delilah. If for some reason, you are not able to understand the time. Or the puzzle. Just remember, that you will reach your maximum at the time of the Last Tide."

"I have no clue what you just said."

He sighed. "The last room, will have a sea view tomorrow, at 5pm the low tide will begin. That's the last Tide change for the whole day. That's the time you need to remember. Just remember that." Edmund nodded at me before passing by.

"Again, no clue what you just said." I said out loud to no one in particular.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"I love you," whispered AJ.

We'd wished everyone goodnight and came upstairs early today.
The window was open and slow cold wind was circling inside.

We were laying in bed. I, with my face towards the ceiling. Him, with his face towards me.

"I love you too," I said.
Looking at him for a second.

"What're you thinking about?" AJ asked.

"Everything, and nothing." I answered.

His fingers were circling my lips, my cheeks, my neck.

He whispered in my ear now. "You'll be glorious Lilah. I promise you."

I smiled, ever so slightly and faced him.
His gold hair, recently washed was soft and fluffy. His shirt was unbuttoned at a threatening reach.

I was wearing a satin nightgown.
I climbed on top of him, and put my fingers through his hair.
His hands were on my thighs.

I kissed him, it was soft and comforting. Fiery and sweet.

"I don't ever wish to be parted from you, from this day forth." I whispered.

"Are you quoting Darcy on me?" He chuckled.

"Maybe."

"Neither do I, oh stubborn Fitzgerald," I said cheekily.

"Be careful tomorrow," he said now more seriously.

"Don't worry too much Aidan Jones, you're not getting rid of me this soon." I joked.

"I don't intend to baby," he chuckled.

We stared at eachother for what felt like forever.

"Your uncle told me something weird. At the end of our... session," I said breaking contact.

"What'd he say?"

"Something about the last Tide being important for me tomorrow."

"The last ride? Isn't that at around 5?"

I nodded.

"Just stay safe. I don't entirely trust him," I said.

He held me tighter.
"I'll be good,"

I felt sad for some reason, I played with his hair some more.
"What's wrong baby?"

"Why does this....this feel like goodbye?" I whimpered. Maybe I was tired.

He winced and kissed me several times.
"It's anything but goodbye Delilah, I swear to you. I will never leave. Not unless you want me too. You'll be fine tomorrow. John, he's not going to let anything happen to you. You know that."

I nodded again. Trying not to think about it too much.

"Can we go to Miami after this? I miss my parents." I confessed.

"Of course baby, we'll go wherever you want," he smiled.

I hugged him till sleep eventually flowed into me.

His heart was beating right above my hand. Even if he didn't show it. I knew he was terrified. I was too.

We all were.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey y'all. So I guess this is not the last chapter! I couldn't wrap up the story so quickly. But I assure you, this is the end! Thankyou for reading and staying with me on this journey!
Love y'all!
Xoxo 💜✨💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 476 11
We all know the amazing story of The Greatest Showman. P.T Barnum ( Hugh Jackman ) created one of the best circuses in history, even making the typic...
1.1M 37.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
23.2K 349 10
'Oh who is she, Oh who is she, 𝐀 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲' When college students Ethan Landry And Amelia Cooper get closer and with Amelias past expe...
2.1K 57 9
Is it forbidden love or will it be forgiven?