Insecure Misfits (IzuJiro)

By KyokaJiroChan

Izuku Midoriya was a boy with bushy green hair of 16 years said to be quirkless. He had been bullied his whol... More

One's Spirit is a Blessing
A True Friendship P.1
A True Friendship P.2
One can only Feel Humiliation
Don't Worry
Inner Strength
One Step Forward
Bright Burst
Memory Pipes
I Will Always Win, To Save you
Clouded Thoughts and Beliefs
Asphyxia
Declaration of War
Cavalry, Revelry
Fighting Spirit
Overwhelming Determination
Work Veil
God Dammit Iida,...You Bastard
"Hand Crusher"
"Stalling"

Strong as Fire, Weak as Ice

3.5K 88 100
By KyokaJiroChan

Izuku was in the waiting room with Kyoka, trying to think of something to do against Todoroki which was his next match. He knows he won't use his ice, but would that be fair? Izuku is trying his all to win this, Todoroki is only using half his power. Just to spite his father? That's not right, it wasn't his father's quirk, it was his own. He remembered when All Might said that when he was watching one of his interview

"Some people might inherit quirks from their parents or get quirks with similar abilities, but there is one important thing everyone needs to know. Your quirk is your own, you choose what you want to use your quirk for."

Izuku began to remember when Todoroki was melting the ice that he trapped Sero in. He looked, sad. 

"Greenie, g-got something?" Kyoka called out and Izuku didn't respond. He was to deep into thought to hear Kyoka speak. 

"Hey, Mop Top."

"..."

"Izuku!"

"Huh?" Izuku was snapped out of his daze and Kyoka took a seat beside him. "You okay?" Kyoka said and Izuku nodded. "I'm fine, I think I have a plan....but I don't know." Izuku said and Kyoka raised a brow at him. "What do you not know?"

"I-Its about Todoroki." Izuku said as he turned his head to Kyoka. She sighed and nodded. "About that talk between you two, right?" Kyoka said and Izuku immediately jumped at that. He had no idea that Kyoka was even listening to their conversation. "Y-Yea. H-How much did you h-hear?"

"All of it." Kyoka said with a frown on her face. She had lost a lot of respect from Endeavor. How did he even become a hero? "And I h-have to say. That was fucked, what Endeavor did." Kyoka stated and Izuku nodded. "I just want to help Todoroki. He wants to win the festival with only half his strength, just to spite his father. We are all trying our all in this, don't you think he should too?" Izuku asked and Kyoka thought for a bit. Not about the question that was just asked though, she was thinking about a question she asked herself at the moment. 

Why did Izuku care so much about what Todoroki is doing? This thought was running through Kyoka's mine until she realized what she was thinking. Why wouldn't he care? She should care too. Its what heroes do.

"Izuku, I don't really know what to do to help him. I wish I could help him to as a hero should." Kyoka confessed and Izuku nodded. "I know what to do..... I need to convince him that his quirk is his own and not his father's." Izuku stated and Kyoka give him a small smile. 

"See this is why we are best friends."

Izuku chuckled and scratched the back of his head. Kyoka giggled a bit as she took out her phone and took a selfie of the two. Then she realized something. "Are Kirishima and that 1-B kid still arm wrestling?!" Kyoka shouted out surprised they haven't had a winner in seven minutes time. "W-well, since there isn't a winner yet. Lets t-talk about internships, the ones we are getting a-after the festival." Izuku suggested and Kyoka hummed before answering him.

"I mean, e-even if I get first. I don't think I would get s-someone popular..... I mean, m-my quirk isn't flashy like y-yours or explody mcgee." Kyoka said sounding a bit disappointed. Her quirk wasn't really classified as a "Flashy hero quirk" and Kyoka knew that. "Kyoka come on, don't think like that. There are tons of heroes that would love to have you as a sidekick. Me included, but I would like to you to be something more than a sidekick." Izuku said rubbing the back of his head with a 100 watt smile that melted Kyoka's heart.

"S-So, something l-like a hero duo?" Kyoka asked as she began to clink her jacks together. hummed as he gave an affirmative nod. "Yea, a hero duo." Kyoka blushed at his answer and gave a small smile with a nod. "Alright, that's settled then."

"Kirishima is the winner of the arm wrestle! Meaning he advances to the next round"

The mic in the room blasted out signaling that the match was won. "Alright Green Bean, you match is in five minutes." Kyoka said getting up from her seat. She put a hand on Izuku's head and smiled at him. "Win, and try to help out Todoroki if you can." Izuku gave a nod of confidence and Kyoka walked out of the room after removing her hand from his head.

In about a four minutes the speakers in the room asked for Izuku and Todoroki to come out to the field. Izuku got up from his seat and began to walk out of the room and made his way to field.

'Kyoka is supporting me.... all the way. I can't mess this up, I have to win this.' Izuku thought to himself with a confident look on his face. This confidence slowly turned into shock as Endeavor turned the corner. "E-E-Endeavor?!" Izuku shouted out and the number 2 hero turned to him. "Ah, I have been looking for you."

"Oh ok, um...Hi." Izuku said still a little bit nervous. "I saw your match with the brainwashing kid, your power is quite impressive, being able to throw that far and it seemed like you were holding back." Endeavor stopped to glare at the greenette before he continued. "I have to say, your quirk looks a lot like another hero's, a lot like All Might's." Endeavor stated and Izuku went deadpanned. 'Why does everyone think my quirk is related to All Might?' He sighed at the thought and looked up at Endeavor.

"I have to get going now." Izuku said walking past Endeavor. "It's my Shoto's duty to surpass All Might and this match with you would be a good stepping stone for him, so hit him hard. Don't disgrace him or yourself by holding back." Endeavor said glaring at him as he walked by. This made Izuku grit his teeth. It was all true, he was treating him like some sort of weapon.

"That is all, sorry for wasting your time." Endeavor apologized, beginning to walk away.  "Endeavor..... I am not All Might and nor do I have anything to do with him" Izuku said and Endeavor turned to him. 

"What are talking abo-." 

"And same goes for Todoroki"

Izuku turned his head to look at Endeavor. "He might be your son, but he isn't you." And with that said Izuku turned and started walking away. The way the relationship between Todoroki and Endeavor, really made Izuku feel angry in a way. The greenette's father is working out at seas and he hasn't seen him since birth, he was basically ripped out of his life. They were so lucky to still have each other and yet, they treat each other like this.

Not right now though, this is not a time for him to feel angry, he has a big battle ahead of him and it's a battle he will not loose. He will give it his all to win it!

"Lets get started with the quarter final rounds!" Present Mic shouted out through the speakers making the crowd go wild.

"We have the power house who literally had half of the audience frozen in the first match! The hero courses, Shoto Todoroki!"

"And we have the kid that almost blew it his first match but made a stunning come back! Also from the hero course, Izuku Midoriya!"

The crowd was roaring as the two made there way up to the battle field. "Jiro, how do you think this match will turn out, I suspect you are rooting for Midoriya?" Iida asked and Kyoka, not even turning to him, gave him a nod. "Yea, Izuku got this." Kyoka responded watching the two fighters make it to the field.

"What took you so long?" Todoroki asked and Izuku gave him a look of confidence. "Had a run in with your dad, but that doesn't matter right now." He replied to the bicolored hair teen. "What does matter, is that I win this. I owe it to everyone who has and is still supporting me to this day. I will beat you." Izuku said with confidence, not showing an ounce of fear. 

"Ready!"

"'He will start with an ice attack.'" Kyoka said and Izuku thought in union.

"Start!"

Just like Kyoka and Izuku suspected, Todoroki shot his Ice forward, hitting Izuku as he was encased in a prison of ice.

"Whoa! Todoroki just trapped Midoriya in a cage of ice! Is he okay in there or is this match already over?!"

Then Todoroki heard a crack in the ice surrounding Izuku. The ice kept cracking and cracking until the ice encased around Izuku shattered into pieces. Shattering further as the pieces hit ground. 

Todoroki looked shocked and Izuku gave him a stare as Todoroki sent another stream of ice toward him. Izuku punched the ice as it almost hit him and the stream of the ice made by Todoroki shattered once more. As this happened, in what looked like seconds Izuku was in front of Todoroki about to unleash a punch to the face.

Todoroki blocked the punch using a slab of ice. Izuku punched the ice and Todoroki backed away. 'I can't let him get too close to me. I need to end this fight quickly, the more he gets hurt, the stronger he gets. It will get to a point to where he is too strong.' The bicolor haired teen thought to himself, sending a larger stream of ice toward the greenette. Izuku punched it again and it shattered and that's when Todoroki is noticing it.

Izuku's right hand was bloodied up, he punched the ice so hard that some of the ice shards pierced through his glove and into his hand. He is using that to gain power and keep the damage to his body to a minimum.

'I am only using half my strength now, and I will keep doing that until my body gets to a higher power, then I will lower the percentage further. If I don't, then my arm will break- no fly off.' Izuku thought to himself as Todoroki then charged at him running on a slab of ice he made. He can't just not attack, he has to do something, anything to get Izuku out of the ring. He jumped off of the slab and was about to use his ice to encase Izuku. 

The green haired teen dodged the attack making Todoroki punch the ground with ice. The teen shot his ice to the side and trapped Izuku's foot. The teen broke the ice surrounding his foot by kicking his foot. 

"This match is... exciting, Midoriya has Todoroki in a corner." Tokoyami stated and almost everyone nodded. "Todoroki is only using half of his quirk, he will never beat Izuku if he keeps doing that..." Kyoka said as she continued to watch the fight. She was rooting for Izuku all the way, to win this fight and to help Todoroki get his damned father out of his head.

Izuku landed on the ground an looked at Todoroki, his left arm was covered in ice and it was shaking. Was it some sort of limit? 'I see, he usually uses his left side to control his right when it freezes up, but he refuses to do that now.

"Sorry for drawing this out on you... but thank you, look at him. He is furious I'm not using his power." Todoroki said and Izuku gritted his teeth. Todoroki then shot an even larger slab of ice toward Izuku, it looked only half as big as the one he used on Sero.

"Todoroki just shot out a huge stream of ice! Is this his finishing move?!"

Izuku stopped restraining himself and punched the ice stream that was many times larger than his body with his left arm and shattered it along with a massive gust of wind, not enough to compare it with All Might though. Izuku felt a sharp pain in his left arm, was it broken? That was when Izuku came to a realization. If it was broken..... doesn't that mean he has even more power than he even had before he punched the ice? It all makes sense now.

"Your trembling, Todoroki." Izuku said as if he felt no pain in his body at all. Which was somewhat true, he only felt the glance of pain when he is injured, after that nothing hurts until his quirk fades. 

Todoroki gave him a surprised look. "It is easy to forget that quirks are physical abilities too. You would usually make up for the drop in temperature by using your left side, but you refuse to do so." Izuku said and Todoroki gave him a small growl.

"Listen, here Todoroki. We are all trying to give it our all. To try and win, to make out dreams a reality, to become number one! You think you can win with half your strength?! Well think again!" Izuku shouted out at the bicolored teen.

"Midoriya, what are you getting at? You want my fire? What did by bastard father bribe you or something?" Todoroki said preparing his next attack. "Now I'm pissed off." Todoroki shot his ice forward and Izuku punched it with his right arm, shattering it once more. He appeared in front of Todoroki in what seemed like an instant and went in for a punch with his left. Todoroki tried to block it with his ice, but the greenette broke through the ice an punched him in the gut. The ice cushioned the blow so he wasn't able to knock him out of the ring. 

'Izuku, you better not have used all your strength and break your arm...' Kyoka thought to herself as her eyes widened in realization. 'Don't you dare give yourself permanent damage, idiot.' Kyoka continued her thought, trying to suppress her worry for the boy.

Todoroki got up and shot his ice forward again, which Izuku dodged. He dodged because he was faster and Todoroki's attacks became slower. "Why? Why are you so intent on winning?" Todoroki asked as Izuku appeared in front of him again. "Because I want to live up to everyone's expectations of me!" Izuku said as he punched Todoroki in the face and into the ground. He cushioned the blow again before Izuku could land the hit. 

"There is no way I could understand what you have gone through, that goes without saying... But stop screwing around! You want to reject your father? Fine, but don't think you deserve to be number one if you are only going to be using half your strength!" Izuku shouted out at Todoroki who only glared at him. "Shut the hell up."

Todoroki's right side began to freeze up more and Izuku punched him in the gut again making him fall to the ground. "I refuse to use my left side."

"Idiot! It's your quirk! Not his!"

"Just remember stay true to yourself" Todoroki heard his mother's voice in his head.

At that very moment, Todoroki began to flare up in his own flames. The heat was immense, some crowd could feel it. 

Kyoka couldn't help, but smile at this. He did it. He really did it. He made Todoroki use his flames.

"You were helping your opponent, you fool. Even though you want to win this battle so bad you will break yourself to do it. Now which one of us is screwing around? Because I want it, too. I want to be a hero."

"Yes, Shoto!" Endeavor shouted out walking to the rim of the view area. "You have finally broken out of the rebellious phase of yours! That's it! Very good! This will be the dawn of a new area for me and you! With my blood in your veins, you will surpass me. You will live up to the reason I created you!" The crowd went silent at this a bit, a little bit confused.

"Endeavor shouts out words of.... encouragement? What a loving father!"

"Lets end this, Midoriya. And don't blame me for what happens next." Todoroki said as he encased his right side in ice and a massive stream shot from him. 

"That's it, Midnight! They will actually kill each other!" Cementoss shouted out as he began to use his quirk to make walls between the two.

Izuku once again abandoned restraint and leaped over the stream and began running on top of it, using his quirk. 

Todoroki was using his ice and fire to make a powerful beam. He fired and Izuku was going to use all the power he had gotten from his past injuries against it. 

The walls were made and it stopped the beam, but not Izuku's punches as he broke all of them with a single punch. He made his way to Todoroki and even everyone as the audience could feel it. The presence of death itself. Izuku grabbed Todoroki's face and slammed him into the ground with enough force to make the ground below them crack open.

The force was so strong coming from the attacks that a powerful gust was filling the stadium. "This is crazy!" Iida shouted out trying to resist the wind. 'Izuku, you better not have gotten yourself killed. If you did, I will kill you.' Kyoka thought to herself, also trying to resist the wind that was powerful enough to probably send Mineta halfway to Tokyo if he hadn't been holding on to Shoji.

"Jeez what just happened? What the heck is up with your students?" Present mic asked through the mic. "The air around the stadium had been thoroughly began to cool down, and then rapidly expanded when heated up." Aizawa explained through the mic as well. "Wait that's what caused the explosion?! So is the match still going on or...?"

Midnight got up after being knocked down by the force of the attacks and saw Izuku standing over a knocked out Shoto under him. "Todoroki is unable to continue, Midoriya advances to the semi-finals!" Midnight shouted out and Izuku smiled a bit feeling the last of his quirk fade away as he then passed out.

The crowd began to roar out for Midoriya. Kyoka sprung out of her seat. "Hell Yea! You kicked his ass!"

"Indeed he did." Tokoyami stated and Iida stood up. "Lets go check on them. My round wont be for a while." He said and Tokoyami gave a nodded as Kyoka looked back at stage to see Todoroki and Izuku being carried out by stretchers. Todoroki was injured, but Kyoka knew that Izuku must have had abandoned his restraint and used all of the energy with out holding any back and used it in his final attack, and it worried Kyoka, just what exactly did he do?

____________________________

Kyoka was walking her way to recovery girl's office, she needed to see him. She wasn't just going to leave him alone like that. He fought hard, harder than Kyoka could ever hope for. She had Iida and Tokoyami following from behind.

They made it to recovery girl's office and they saw Todoroki passed out, but not injured meaning he was fine. Izuku however had a cast on his right foot and left arm. "Is he okay?" Kyoka asked softly and Recovery girl turned to him. "You should go, he is in no shape for visitors." Recovery girl stated as Izuku groaned and slowly opened his eyes. 

"H-Hey guys, hey Kyoka. Shouldn't you be watching the matches?" Izuku asked in a weak voice. "The field was far to damaged so they are taking a break for repairs!" Iida stated swing his arms around like a robot.

"You did good out there, Midoriya." Tokoyami stated and Kyoka just stayed silent. This didn't go unnoticed by recovery girl and she sighed. "You guys are too noisy, go on get." Recovery girl began to shove Tokoyami and Iida out. "I have to perform surgery on him." 

"Surgery!?" The two shouted out and Kyoka only shivered in response.

"Yes and you two aren't making it any better." Recovery girl said as she finally pushed them out and closed the door. She looked over at Kyoka who was looking at Izuku with a small smile.

"You..... You did it." Kyoka said with her smile. Izuku gave a small smile to and nodded. "I did, though.... I think the bones in my right leg and left arm...are shattered." Izuku stated and Kyoka wanted to smack him across the head, but she didn't. What was she going to do it for? It would make no sense to. He wanted to win the fight and have Todoroki use his flames. He kept his word that he was going to do it, and he did it. Kyoka placed her hand on his fore head and smiled at him.

"W-W-What do you expect, y-you reckless idiot." Kyoka said tearing up a bit. She really couldn't help it. She hated seeing him like this. Plus, he is getting surgery to make matters worse.

"C'mon, I have to start." Recovery girl stated and Kyoka turned to her and wiped her tears away. "Right, okay. I'll see you later, Izukubomb." Kyoka joked and walked out of the room. Her next match was against Mina, she is athletic and can probably dodge all of her attacks. Her eyes widened in realization as she stopped walking to the where her class was. If she beats Mina, then she might have to fight Bakugo, and even if she wins there is no way Izuku is going to loose his match so.... god dammit.

Kyoka took a deep breath and continued to make her way to the stairs to meet up with her class. 

"Lets get the second match of the quarter finals underway!"

"Fuck."

_____________________________

"Damn now I have to walk back down..." Kyoka said as she had made it her class, but Iida already won the match by simply using the move he used in the cavalry battle.

"Alright I-I will see you around. I gotta k-kick Ashido's ass." Kyoka said turning around and Tokoyami waved to her. "See ya. Don't disgrace me by loosing." 

"I won't bird boy."

Kyoka was walking to her room and walked past Recovery girl's room. She looked back at it and sighed, Izuku won't be able to see her match, but at least he will be alive. She continued her way to the waiting room and finally arrived. She opened the door and.

"Kyoka Jiro and Mina Ashido, please make it to the field."

"God dammit!" Kyoka shouted out as she stormed out to the field. When stuff like this happened to Kyoka it really pisses her off. Just as much as loosing a Mario cart match to Izuku. 

Kyoka walked out the doorway to the field and...

"Alright folks! Lets get some stimulation and get started with the second round of the quarter finals!"

"Here we have the athletic pink skinned girl who literally knocked her opponent's pants off! We have Mina Ashido from the hero course!"

"And we have teen with ear jacks who beat the dark samurai himself in her first match! Also from the hero course, Kyoka Jiro!"

Kyoka had her normal everyday bored look on her face and Mina looked pumped up. "Whats with that look hun?" Mina said teasingly. Kyoka gave her a smile of confidence. "It's the look you will see when your face meets the ground." Mina felt a shiver down her spine when she heard that come out of the purplette mouth.

"Start!"

Mina used her acid to slide towards Kyoka, she knew she wasn't like Aoyoma who had long range attacks. If she could close the distance between the two, all she would have to deal with is Kyoka's hand to hand fighting style. She doesn't want to melt her down so she won't use her quirk.

Mina went to trip her, but Kyoka back stepped and whipped her with her jacks. Mina stopped her fall with her hand and spun and attempted to kick Kyoka in the gut. Kyoka grabbed her foot and threw her over her shoulder. "Remember, I told you your face was going to meet the ground!" Kyoka yelled out as Mina's body hit the ground. 

Mina tried to get up, but felt a sharp pain through her ears and it began to vibrate. Kyoka had jabbed her jacks through Mina's ears and began to vibrate them. "Stop!"

"Not until you cry "Uncle"."

"Ok fine! I forfeit!" 

"Ashido has forfeited the match! Meaning that Jiro wins the match and advances to the semi finals!" MIdnight yelled out in confirmation, and Kyoka withdrew her jacks. She stuck her hand out for Mina. "Y-Yea sorry, I just wanted to win." Kyoka said and Mina grabbed her hand and stood up. "No worries! That's a good of reason as any!" Mina said as the two walked away from the field. Kyoka just had one thought at mind.

'Fuck, I probably gotta fight Bakugo in my next match.'

_______________________

Kyoka walked up to recovery girl's office. She knocked on the door and she heard a "Come in." from Recovery girl. She opened the door and she saw Izuku was already awake and stretching his arms out. The greenette noticed her and smiled. "Hey Kyoka."

"Hey Izuku." Kyoka sat by Izuku at the side of the bed. "So, how was the surgery?" 

Izuku showed her his left hand and right foot, there were a couple scars around the joints that connect the limbs together. Kyoka widened her eyes a bit a the sight. "Ouch, you d-did this to yourself?" Kyoka asked as she caressed the scar. Izuku chuckled at this. "Y-Yea, guess that happens when you s-shatter your bones."

The room was filled with a silence until Izuku spoke up. "So, how was your fight with Mina?" Kyoka looked at him and began to twirl her jack around her finger. "Nothing to flashy, I tripped her and jabbed my jacks in her ear and made her forfeit." Kyoka stated and Izuku nodded. "S-shouldn't you be watching the fight w-with Kirishima and Kacchan?" 

"I could c-care less right now, I already now w-who will win." Kyoka put her hand on her forehead. "A-and it m-makes me kinda nervous, ya know?" Izuku sat beside her and placed a hand on shoulder. Kyoka looked at him and he had the smile that always had me Kyoka feel better. "Y-You can win this Kyoka, I believe you can." Kyoka smiled at him.

"Yea, I know you do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 102 10
On his first day at U.A high school, Izuku Midoriya was expelled by Shota Aizawa aka Eraserhead for being quirkless despite the man knowing that the...
8K 164 18
Izuku has been bullied since a young age such as beating to a pulp, almost rape by his classmates because of his cute little face been abandon by his...
16.5K 383 10
~𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆~ ↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞ 𝑩𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒈 '𝑪𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓' 𝒃𝒚 𝑴𝒚 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝑹𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 ↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞ Izuku Midoriy...
98.4K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...