The Barrier - Tom Marvolo Rid...

By josephinev4

She saw it coming. All of it. #4 in fanfiction (April 2021) #2 in tomriddle (March 2021) #1 in tom (March 202... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47 (End)

41

2.7K 88 40
By josephinev4

Silver was about to walk down the stairs when she saw a familiar figure. 

Looks like Tom. In front of him was a ghost. Silver squinted her eyes. The ghost looked tall, elegant, and really pretty. Long black hair, fancy robes. 

Silver's breath hitched when she remembered a distant memory. Helena Ravenclaw. Silver froze. He's asking her about the diadem. 

Silver didn't know what to do. Tom's getting closer and closer to all of his goals, that she was supposed to stop.

Tom finally finished talking to Helena and walked away from the floating lady. Tom spotted Silver. 

He clenched his jaw and stride over to her. Silver waited for him to come to her. "What are you doing here, Silver?" Silver exhaled. "I was walking back from the library. What were you doing?" 

Tom's gaze hardened. "I was helping a student to go to Astronomy. I'm Head Boy, if you've forgotten." Tom walked past her. Silver balled her hands into fists. "So, did you extract information from Helena Ravenclaw?"

Tom turned to Silver. He walked to her and pulled her to an empty classroom. He locked the door. Silver rolled her eyes. 

"Where is it located?" She asked.

Tom gave Silver a smug smile. "You don't need to know that." Silver frowned. She already knows though, it is in Albania. "I'll be retrieving it in Winter Break." Tom arrogantly said. 

Silver took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay." 

Tom gave her a sneer and walked out of the classroom.

Silver had to stop this. 

You come with him to Albania. 

She sighed at Neyda's voice in her head. Fine, she'll try to convince him to bring her.

On their next meeting, Tom told the knights that he had found the location of the Diadem, he didn't tell them where it is though. 

"You'll be retrieving it alone, my Lord? Won't that be dangerous?" 

Tom clucked his tongue. "You don't believe that I can do it alone, Malfoy?" He asked. 

Abraxas gulped and shook his head. "That's not what I meant, my Lord."

The meeting ended. Silver was walking out when she stopped at the door. She turned to him. "Where is this diadem located exactly? Like, in a lake or...?" Tom raised an eyebrow. "Why?" He looked suspicious of her. 

That's what she was aiming for. 

She played with her hands and shrugged. "Nothing, just asking." She turned around and opened the door. Tom shut it with his wand. Silver smirked, but hid it right away. She sighed and looked back at Tom. "What? You don't want me to leave you here all alone?" Silver snorted. Tom twirled his wand and stared at her, observing. 

"Come here, Silver."

Her heart suddenly beat faster. Her playful smile fell slightly. She walked over to Tom. She stopped at the couch, Tom gestured her to come closer to him. Is he going to torture her or something? Silver took a few steps and got right in front of Tom.

"Tell me, what are you hiding from me?"

Silver shook her head a bit.

"Nothing."

Tom narrowed his eyes at her and Silver felt a bit of a pull on her head. He's trying to enter her mind. When he can't enter, he growled. "I said, what are you hiding from me, Silver?" He said in a low, dangerous tone. Silver bit her cheek. 

"I said, nothing, Tom."

Tom snapped. He stood up and gripped Silver shoulders tightly. Silver yelped. She tried backing away from his hard grip but he kept her in place. Tom clenched his jaw, he tried entering her mind again. Silver winced. 

Tom groaned and shook Silver's shoulders. "Where did you learn occlumency?" He must thought she was a legendary occlumens, because even he can't enter her mind. I mean, it is weird that a witch who claimed to have only started wizarding school 2 years ago is able to perform such great occlumency. 

Tom obviously hated not being able to do something, especially something that he usually can do very easily with others. Silver's lips parted. She thought about an answer.

"Dumbledore."

Tom froze. Silver continued. "He found out I was a seer and taught me occlumency before school started. He- he was trying to protect my visions from people. People like you." 

Tom thought for a few seconds. Silver hoped it was believable. Tom snapped his gaze back to her and gripped her shoulders even harder, he let out a dark laugh. 

"Of course he did. That's why he kept approaching you, to keep you away from me."

Tom said the last word so harshly. He was offended, he was furious. Dumbledore tried to keep Silver away from him. Silver is his, and the professor tried to take her away from his grasp.

Tom threw Silver to the couch. Silver let out a cry of pain. She realized she can't move, and she started to freak out.

I'll open your mind. 

Silver's eyes bulged. 

The fuck are you talking about!? He'll know everything!

I won't show him your actual memories, dummy. Just fake ones.

 Silver looked up at Tom. Tom's right arm went to her hair and pulled it harshly. Silver's eyes watered. She took a deep breath. She felt Tom enter her mind, it hurts.

Silver took a deep breath and saw a forest, with Tom in it. There was a cottage, where he entered and found a shiny thing, which is the diadem. Silver hoped it was believable. Tom went out of her mind. 

Silver didn't realize tears were pouring out down her cheeks, she was fighting him off her mind, and that made the process painful. She panted. 

Tom looked at Silver. He let out a smug laugh. Silver tried to say something, but Tom had entered her mind again. Silver didn't know what he was trying to find, but suddenly a memory was projected into her mind. She didn't know what it was going to be, she had to trust Neyda.

It was Silver crying on the floor, being kicked around by a woman. Silver froze. This was real. It was her and her mom. She was probably 7 in this. Silver tried to trash around, not wanting Tom to see. She shouted to Neyda, but she told Silver to trust her. 

Her mom cussed her out and told her how useless she was, little Silver, or Amelia, just sobbed there. Fuck the Hernates, she thought.

Tom finally got out from her mind. He stood up and stared at the crying girl, she now can move again. Tom gently grabbed her chin and made her look at him. Tom marveled at the girl, he was right, she knew more than everyone thought. Tom brought his hand to her cheek and wiped away her tears. Silver tensed. He brought his thumb down her lips.

"You, Silver Prennington, have potential."

He let go of her and turned around to look at the burning fireplace. He thought about what he had seen. "Silver." She didn't answer. "You'll be coming with me to Albania. To retrieve the diadem of Ravenclaw."

Silver froze. She looked up at his back.

Goal.

She still had to be clueless. "Albania?" Tom turned back to her and nodded. Silver opened her mouth but closed it back, she nodded. Tom thought about Dumbledore, he turned angry again. He clenched his fists.

"You are mine Silver. Don't you get it?" Silver inhaled sharply.

"What?"

Tom cupped her cheek. "You are mine." Silver choked on air. She gaped at him. "I belong to nobody."

"Nobody except from me." He pressed on. "Do you understand?"

Silver didn't know what to answer. Was this progress or not? She couldn't tell. Tom moved his hand to the back of her neck and roughly pulled her lips to his. Silver let out a yelp. This was surprising. 

Tom ran his fingers through her hair. He pulled back from her and tugged her hair to him. He inhaled the scent of her hair and closed his eyes. Silver was still in a state of shock. 

She jumped when his lips touched her earlobe slightly. "You take orders from nobody except from me, understand?" Silver shuddered. She bit her cheek. "Yes."

Tom seemed satisfied of this and moved back from her. He looked down at her with his proud gaze.

Tom told the knights about their upcoming trip to Albania. Lana and Druella looked furious, but Lana was able to contain it. Druella on the other hand... "But WHY!?" Tom rolled his eyes. "She will help me find the diadem with her sight." Druella groaned. "Her sight is bullshit!" Silver pressed her lips together.

It IS bullshit.

"Enough, Black."

Druella huffed and sat down. Tom sat down and glanced around. "Now, do any of you have any more complaints?" Tom asked sarcastically. No one spoke. Silver sighed.

"What do I tell my parents?" Silver asked Tom. 

Druella scoffed. "You don't have parents, Prennington, they abandoned you in that stupid orphanage of yours." Silver didn't answer, she glanced at Tom and had to contain her smirk. Tom shook with fury, because well, he is an orphan too, Druella's comment attacked him at the same time. Druella turned to Tom, who was looking back at her with such hatred. With a flick of his wand, Druella screamed. She fell to the floor and her body writhed and twitched in pain. Silver gaped.

She looked up at Tom, who was smiling maliciously.

Sick and twisted.

"Tom, stop!" Tom's head snapped to Silver. Druella was still screaming and sobbing on the floor. Silver remembered the time Tom did that to her. She shuddered.

"Would you like to take her place then?"

Tom smirked. Silver inhaled. "Because trust me, I've just started. But if you're willing to take Black's punishment, be my guest, Prennington." How could he be so cruel? Silver looked back at Druella, whose eyes were pleading at Silver.

"Okay, okay! F-fine." 

Tom raised an eyebrow at this. He stopped his torture on Druella. Silver's eyes watered. Fuck, what has she gotten herself into? She's going to be tortured for her tormentor. The girl who bullied her and looked at her like she means nothing. Druella's eyes were different right now though. Druella wasn't the mean girl who just mocked her a minute ago, the girl in front of her was in pain, and just another jealous teenager who grew up in the wrong family with the wrong teachings.

She faced Tom and closed her eyes. Before she knew it, she fell to the ground. She screamed. Her arms gave out and she laid on the floor, twisting and shaking in absolute pain. She heard Druella let out a sob, Silver wanted to believe Druella felt bad for her, she clung on to the faith that she's just doing the right thing. Is she now? Silver sobbed. 

Tom looked down at her and chuckled. The pain stopped.

Silver took a deep breath and coughed. Tom sneered. 

"Filthy Hufflepuffs, always taking the blame for others." 

Silver let out another sob. She heard Lana laugh. 

Silver wanted to burn her right there. She mustered all the energy she had left, to painfully sit up and look right into Lana Carrow's eyes. Lana looked at her, amused.

Silver grabbed onto Lana's arm. She bit it. Lana yelled. "What the fuck are you doing!? Let GO!" Silver bit it harder, a bit of blood poured out. Lana screamed.

Nott tried pulling Silver off Lana, but she won't budge. She wished he did pull her off Lana though, because she might just bite a chunk of her skin completely off. 

Abraxas kneeled next to her and tried to pull Silver away. Silver let go and leaned into Abraxas, she had zero energy left in her. 

Silver looked at Lana. She was in tears, her arm was bloodied up. Silver spit to the floor. There was Lana's blood in her mouth. Silver chuckled. 

"I think I tasted mud in your blood." 

Lana gaped at Silver. 

She was in pain, her whole body was aching and wanted to shut down right there. But she won't let it. 

"You-you fucking disgusting piece of shit!" Lana screamed at her, while grabbing her arm.

Tom had been standing there, watching the whole thing in silence. He walked up to Lana and grabbed her arm. She blushed at him. Tom muttered a spell and her arm was fine again, leaving nothing. 

Lana cradled her arm while still looking at Tom. Tom sighed and looked over at Silver, who was only half-awake. She was leaning on Abaraxas' chest. She grinned at Tom, knowing her teeth are bloody. "I still don't know what to tell my parents though." Silver giggled. 

"Should I tell them I'm not going home to them because I'm going on a trip from the school? Or because I'm going on an adventure with a psychopath?"

Tom looked at the weak girl. She is disgusting. He narrowed his eyes at her and kneeled in front of her.

"Let her go, Malfoy."

He let go of Silver and she fell to the ground. Tom pulled her up. Silver's knees wobbled, she fell to the ground again. Tom sneered.

"Get up. Now."

Silver's arms were holding her up, and she felt like her bones were going to break at the same time. She let out a cry of pain. He rolled his eyes and walked away. 

"Crazy bitch." he muttered under his breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 25.4K 64
A girl who is dangerously lionhearted knows there's something twisted about the boy everyone else loves A boy who can't help but make all the wrong...
286K 11.3K 24
BOOK ONE OF THE MARAUDER ERA SERIES - "Most love stories end in a tragedy, you know." "Not this one." - started march 8, 2021 completed march 15, 2021
11.1M 431K 149
❝ 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦. ❞ -𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘚𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 ↳ 𝗶�...
74.1K 279 25
"𝑖'𝑣𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢" (-𝗍𝖺𝗒𝗅𝗈𝗋 𝗌𝗐𝗂𝖿𝗍, 𝖼𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝖺𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎) 𝘛𝘰𝘮 �...