serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE

TEN

14.5K 515 658
By chlorinestoken

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

It had been a couple days since Genevieve had been set free from the hospital wing and her arm looked all brand new, not a single mark.

The quidditch team results came through and just as Remus had suspected, Dylan Hunter was nowhere on the list. Sirius and her had gotten their position as beaters, and a rather enthusiastic James had gotten his wish at being chaser (as always).

James was so happy about it that he pulled Sirius and Gen onto the nearest coffee table and attempted to Irish dance while Gen sung some muggle songs.

That was until they went through it. The laughter-filled moment was even captured on camera by Marlene.

It was now mid November, and the sky in Scotland had gotten greyer than it had been those previous weeks spent there.

Genevieve walked with the rest of her friends (or as Filch liked to call it the 'gang') humming the Scooby Doo theme song. They were heading towards Hogsmeade as it was the first trip of the year.

"If we were the Scooby Doo characters, who would we be?" Peter interrupted her humming, seemingly catching on to it.

Sirius and James being the purebloods they were had no idea what cartons were. When Gen found this out she went positively ballistic.

On the other hand, Peter and Remus got to experience the same joys that Gen had from watching cartoons.

"You would be Shaggy," she pointed at Peter, to which he seemed pleased with his designated character.

"Remus would be Velma," Peter told them both.

Genevieve shook her head. "I feel like James would be Velma. He's able to figure stuff out quickly," she shrugged and Remus gave a sound of approval.

"Who would I be?" Remus asked her.

Sirius and James had completely given up trying to understand what they were talking about at this point and were making a list of what to buy at Zonko's.

"Fred Jones of course."

He looked at her and smiled slightly. "Elaborate?"

"You're always the mastermind behind the plans," she stated matter-of-factly.

"What about you?" Peter looked over at them.

"I would be Daphne. Danger-Prone Daphne is her nickname. I'm always on the verge of danger," she exaggerated, crouching low as if she was ducking invisible forces.

"So that leaves Sirius as Scooby." Remus snorted and exchanged a glance with Peter, as if silently making an inside joke. She shrugged.

"Family dog."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The Three Broomsticks had always been a fairly happy place for Genevieve.

It always warm, served the best butterbeer ever and always filled to the brim with laughter. The thing she liked the most though was all the people who went on dates in there.

She thought it was a complete cliche, going to the local pub and falling in love on the first date but it still never failed to put a smile on her face.

She was sat in a booth with the Marauders, observing who was sat with who on a date. Call it nosey, but she just found it entertaining to watch people talk to each other so animatedly from a distance.

"I didn't know Edgar and Vicky were dating," she told Sirius who was next to her. He knew everything about everyone like the true Gossip Queen he was.

"Neither does Becky Lyons I'm guessing seeing as she has been rather touchy with Edgar recently. Not that he's complaining," he informed her quietly.

She went wide eyed at the gossip and looked around a little more. In the corner she could see Toby and Bradley Jinson chatting over their butterbeers, laughing occasionally. What really piqued her interest was the way Bradley looked at Toby.

"I'll be right back," she told the boys and side stepped over Sirius to get out the booth.

"Where are you going?"

"Just off to go talk to some friends," She answered, pointing over to the two boys with her thumb.

"You have other friends?!" James exclaimed, clearly offended.

She winked as a response and made her way over to where the two Hufflepuffs sat. "Mind if I sit?"

"Hi Genevieve," Bradley greeted her in his thick irish accent with a smile etched across his face. "You're more than welcome to sit"

She smiled and placed herself down at the table. "How have you been since the duel?"

He sighed over-dramatically and put his forehead on the table. "Mild migraines constantly and all of my bones ache," he whimsically answered.

"It's certain death, we're telling you. He only has a couple days to live," Toby played along, making Bradley snicker beside him.

"Merlin, that Slytherin did a number on you," Gen faked a sympathetic look and placed a hand over her heart.

"It was all worth it for my fellow citizens."

"A true night in shining armour," Toby laughed and ruffled Bradley's hair.

"Anyway how are you doing, m'lady?" Bradley asked, smoothing out his hair and scowling slightly at Toby.

"I'm splendid thankyou," she smiled and swept some hair that had gotten into her eyes.

"Where are the lads that usually trail you everywhere?" Toby looked jokingly under the table as if to say they would pop out at any moment.

Gen chuckled and pointed to where her usual crowd was sat. When she turned to look at them she saw that all of them were staring at her.

James mouthed 'betrayer', Sirius was running a finger across his throat as if it was a knife, Remus was slumped in his seat and Peter was waving enthusiastically.

Genevieve gave an awkward wave and tight lipped smile back before turning back to the two Hufflepuffs. Toby looked amused but Bradley on the other hand had his eyes wide open.

"I don't think they like us," Bradley gulped.

Gen waved his comment off with a dismissive hand. "They do like you. Just their flare for the over-dramatics"

"Besides who wouldn't like us, Bradley? We're an amazing duo," Toby bragged and ruffled his friends hair yet again which earned him a kick in the shins.

She talked to them until her butterbeer (which Bradley insisted he paid for) was finished and then went back to her original group.

"Oh yeah, now you want to join us," Sirius huffed and turned his back away from her.

"Sirius Black ladies and gents; always the Drama Queen," she clapped.

"She always comes back to us anyway, don't you GenGen?" James pinched her cheeks and talked in a childish voice.

"I would be forced to even if I refused."

"Can we go to Honeydukes now? I need to create a new stash," Peter asked from where he was. His stash of sweets would only last for a few days anyway.

"Could we go to Zonkos first? We need more dungbombs," Sirius countered.

"I need to go to Honeydukes aswell so if I go with Peter then James can go with you," Remus reasoned. The boys all agreed with this plan and stood up, putting their coats on.

Remus turned to Genevieve once he was wrapped up and smiled. "Want to come and get some of the chocolate you wanted?"

She grinned and linked arms with the two boys she was accompanying, sauntering off with them to Honeydukes.

As soon as she walked through the doors to sweet shop every single treat that sat upon the shelves were smelt at once. It was delightful to say the least.

Peter opened his arms wide and cried out "I am home!" before running off down a random isle.

Gen and Remus made there way over to where the chocolate was and when the boy came into eye-sight with it he let out a cry of joy and did a little spin.

"They've gotten more choices!" He yelled happily and ran over to where his happiness came from.

Remus handed over a bar of dark chocolate to her. "That's the one I gave you in the hospital wing," he explained and smiled.

"Lovely! Which one are you opting for this time?" She pointed at the variety of delights.

He scanned the shelves for what must have been a few minutes, his index finger tapping at his chin before letting out an "A-ha!" in triumph.

"Dark Chocolate with dried cherries," he said confidently, satisfied with his choice.

"Wise choice. I would have gone with dried raspberries though."

"I would have gone with raspberries," he mimicked teasingly with a smile as they made their way to go pay.

She nudged him in the side so he decided to nudge her even harder, causing her to loose her balance and fall over. Taking a shelf down with her.

Genevieve was laid underneath a broken shelf with a range of colourful gummies thrown all around her. Remus looked at her with wide eyes before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"I-I'm sorry," he stuttered out through his laughter. "I didn't mean to p-push you that hard," he said before laughing even harder than he was before, tears forming in his eyes.

Gen tried to be stern and keep a straight face but his laughter was so contagious that she couldn't help herself but join in. She didn't care how much of a fool she looked at that moment.

The store owner come over to see what the commotion was about and when he saw he chuckled a little himself and helped her up because Remus was now holding himself up by the wall for support.

She thanked him and brushed herself down, slightly blushing now that she realised how embarrassing the moment was.

"No worries, dear. Whatever you was going to purchase it's on the house. It's nice to see young lovers such as yourselves so happy," he said cheerfully, bringing the shelves upright with her help.

Genevieve stopped what she was doing momentarily out of shock and Remus stopped his guffawing. He cleared his throat and said,"we're not dating."

The man looked taken aback for a moment but then raised an amused eyebrow. "My apologies, sometimes I get too ahead of myself. Have a nice rest of day."

With a swish of his wand everything went into its original place and he walked back towards the counter.

"I've got everything to last me a lifetime!" Peter shouted, running towards them. He stopped running as soon as he felt the tension between Remus and Gen.

"Everything alright?"

Genevieve glanced at Remus who was scuffing his shoes against the floor and then looked back at Peter.

"Yeah everything's alright," she smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7K 14
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ↴ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ...
1.5M 45.9K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
83.9K 3.9K 55
✩Marlene Mckinnon Fanfiction✩ ✩Marauders Era✩ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ᴅᴏʀᴋʏ ᴅᴏʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sɪɴғᴜʟ, ʀᴇᴅ ʟɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ, ǫᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ ᴏғ...
1.6M 57.9K 93
━━━ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅 | ❝𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍, 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗅?❞ ▬▬▬▬ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・・゚...