The Wildcard Of Terra

By LuckyAceHigh

"I've been called many things, but so help me, "polite" will never be one of them"- Operator Spade, upon bein... More

Bio
Spade File #2 (Guard)
Spade File #3 (Supporter)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Call Me... Dredgen
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 33

805 11 1
By LuckyAceHigh

Location: Lungmen Slums

Amiya: Why are you three here? Spade, weren't you supposed to keep an eye out for Blaze?

Spade: But I did followed her.

Blaze: I was following those cloaked weirdos. 

Greythroat: I was following him.

Amiya was annoyed by probably the most absurd explanation she heard.

Amiya: [sigh] Please don't do it again. And I'm sorry about the Yetis...

Blaze and Spade both gave Amiya headpats. 

Spade and Blaze: Silly Donkey!/Rabbit.

Amiya: Hey, stop patting my head you two. I need to get taller...

Spade: Amiya, the chances of you growing taller is as slim for it'll be a huge disadvantage if you were to have a duel because of your height.

Amiya: HEY!

Spade: At least enjoy it. You're still growing. So don't rush the process.

Amiya: ...All... All right. At least, don't pat it too long.

Spade: Hehe... Of course, Donkey.

Meanwhile with Dr. Linda

Dr. Linda: ...Where are they?

Dr. Linda mutters as she looks around the vicinity, her squad had taken camp because of the rapidly decreasing temperature the farther they went in. She shivered as a rush of wind hit her back, she turned around and sprang back at the sight of Kal'tsit.

Dr. Linda: AAAAA-

Kal'tsit: Why do you have a gun?

Dr. Linda: K-Kal'tsit! I-I umm... it's for self-defense! I swear!

Kal'tsit: Good.

Dr. Linda: Just don't punish me that har- Wait, what?!

Kal'tsit: I'm impressed. You chose to take things into your own hands instead of depending on the help of others.

Dr. Linda: Ye-Yes! That was what I meant! Yeah... Hahaha...

??? 1: Wait a minute, that's one of Spade's guns. How did you get your hands on it?

Dr. Linda instantly froze when she lifts her head to see a male looking directly into her eyes.

??? 2: OI! Omega! Stop threating everyone you see!

Omega: Well, I don't see you looking around for clues of Spade! Now back to where I was, where is Spade? That idiot owns me a drink. 

Dr. Linda: U-Umm... I... I don't know...

Omega: OH FOR- You're the Doctor he's working for and probably his lover! HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?!

Omega was then stopped by a hand in front of him.

Kal'tsit: I assure you that Dr. Linda and Spade had never crossed the "friend" zone yet. And regarding his location, follow me.

Omega: Fine. Let's go.

Kal'tsit: Yes. But I need to finish some errands first. If you'd like me to speed up the process, I'll gladly accept your assistance.

Before Dr. Linda could ponder any further, one of the scouts returned, a shivering mess.

Dr. Linda: What is it?

R.L Scout: I-I-I-I-I-I f-f-fo-found th-th-the-them...

Dr. Linda: Good. Go find some place warm. Tell the others I'll be going there alone!

R.L Scout: B-B-B-Bu-Bu-

Dr. Linda: Bye!

Timeskip

Dr. Linda: Amiya! Spade! Blaze! Anyone!

A fragment of ice whizzed by Dr. Linda's face, blood started to pour out of the cut on her cheek, but it was too numb for her to feel it.

Spade: So many damn crystals! Blaze! Try to destroy as many as you can!

Blaze: Got it!

Spade: Greythroat! Use your explosives to blind her with the smoke!

Greythroat nodded

Amiya: Spade... My fingers are frozen...

Summoning his Golden Gun, Spade fires a shot that pierces through the frozen haze, melting some ice away.

Spade: Yo, Blaze! Turn up the heat!

Blaze: Mm! 

At the next moment, an explosion rang through Dr. Linda's ears. The fog was replaced with a cloud of thick but hot smoke. Dr. Linda could faintly feel her fingers again.

Spade: Greythroat, NOW!

Greythroat: Roger.

???: How futile. 

The voice of Frostnova called out, the fog around her thickened and turned colder, reaching extreme negative temperatures.

Greythroat: My arrow froze in midair...?

Frostnova: How pathetic.

Spade: Greythroat! Move back!

Greythroat: Yes, sir! 

From the thick fog, Dr. Linda could sees the outline of Spade raising his hand. Then out of nowhere an army of knives started to appear and surround him.

Fires started to ignite, the flames covered his knives and created a ring of fire around Spade. Spade summons his Boltcaster, took a stance, then charged at Frostnova with the knives levitating closely behind him.

Frostnova: Hmph. 

A blade of ice encased Frostnova's frosty palm as she and Spade clashed weapons. Steam covering the area due to the extreme contrast of the two temperatures having made contact.

The steam eventually cleared up showing Spade and Frostnova at an intense standstill. The knives around Spade clashed against the ice crystals surrounding Frostnova.

Frostnova: That day in Chernobog... I couldn't believe my eyes when you're supposedly Rhodes Island "Wildcard". Now, seeing you in person, you disappoint me.

Spade: Eh, I'll take that as a comment.

Spade shrugged off, not bothered by the comment Frostnova made.

Frostnova: What do you think of Talulah?

Spade: Talulah? You mean the witch that's using her body to rule Reunion? Not her.

Frostnova: How do you know?

Spade: Because I experienced it before with someone else. But, unlike you. I know of something you don't, the troublesome sin that hides beneath her skin.

In a split second, Frostnova's weapon shattered as Spade's hot blade successfully went through the fabric of her uniform. Frostnova felt herself being violently pushed back, her body making an impact with one of the pillars, thus creating web-like cracks that spanned across the pillar itself.

Spade barely stood, uses his sword to prop himself up, feeling dizzy a bit as he shakes his head.

Spade: You and I aren't so different... Because our goals are the same...

Frostnova: What are you saying...!

Spade: I'm saying that our goals are beyond... Our understanding.

Suddenly, Spade felt a familiar painful splitting of his head as if something else entirely is trying to come out.

Blaze: Kouhai! Are you okay?!

Spade: I'm... Fine! [cough] Aargh!

As Spade kneeled on the ground, Frostnova caught a silhouette of a phantom in front of him.

Spade: No... I'm not letting you take control...

???: Y̵̛̹̲̞̤͙̣̲̲̔̊̒͛̚͝͠͝ò̴̲̐̏̚ų̴͎͎͚͚͈͇̻̪̫̰̔͊́̒̾̍̆͌̽̉̀́͝'̷̡͙̝͈̮͇͙̭̙̽̒̆̕̕͝r̴̢̛̳̗̃̓͛̂͛͛ȩ̵̧̥̱̹̮͙͑̋̆̔̏͘ ̷̩̺̙̜̑͑̋̄͋̇̋͒͑̓̀̂̚͝ö̶̙́́͋̇̉̒͐̈͊͋͐͝n̴̡̛̖͙̜͎̙̬̫̦̠̗̫̙̱͐̈́͗͝ļ̸̢̛̪̲͉̣͔̞̖̊̆̈́̎̇͜ÿ̷̙͑̒̍̿ ̴͕̜̤̹̻̩̭̺̼̖̮̽̄̋̂̔́̐̇͗̆͂͋͋̚͝d̵͙̞̗̩̦̯̣̥͙̮̭̙͌̊͘͝ę̴̡̛̲͇̪̝̱͍̳̫̿́̍͘̚͠ĺ̵̢̜̳̼̤̈̇͊ā̷͓͕̯̘̍̔̏̂ÿ̶́̈́̃̏̍͑͊̽͜͠į̸͕͙̯̮̏̉̾͊̓͑͗̈́̀͛̈́͐̔̚ņ̶̢̙̘̼̺̌̈́̓͒̌͐̏̉̅̈́̈́͑̈͘͜͠ģ̶̰̭̱͇͇̯̲̗̰̬̲͖͉͚͂͌͆ ̶͉̺̙̗̬͈̜̲̞͍̣̗̀̇͐̑̂̊̋̚ͅt̵̢̢͍̻̳͋̿̃͑͑̔̃̋̋̑̾̇͘͝h̸͍̱̰͙͈̩̙̙̯̺̮̔̊͂͑̾̓̂̀̅̒͘͘ë̷̛͓̗͔̗͓̩̠̣̜̤̝͓̗̤͛̍͑̏̄͘͠͝ ̸̧̧̗̤̝̱̹͎̫͚̹̦͍̬̋̊̏̈́̄̔ͅi̵̟͎̻̝̩̟͔̖̓̉͛̈̓̅͝͠͠ň̵̡̹̹̼̺̘̜̤̍̑̇͑̌͒̏̀̌͠ȇ̴̟̼͎͇̜̼̝̤̟̭̞̀̎̑̐̽͂̕͜͝ͅṽ̷͔̝̠͚͎̤̥̰̬͛̂͌̈́̏͘ȋ̶͔̗̝̟̱̭͔̬̳͇̝̫̞t̸̘̩̳̠̫̑̊͑͐̇̿̒̿̀͝ͅā̵̧͇̹͙̞̣̆b̵̨̮̺̥̖̬͙͔̖͎̎̓͋͛̔̕͝l̴̡̧̯̹̘͖̘̅̄͑̈̃͜ẽ̵̹̦̺̱̬̩̩̮̀́͌͆͝.̴̝͍͔̣̦̦̙̦̎̏̍͊ ̷̲̞͙̠̻̫͇͕̓ͅY̸̺̰̖̱̺͙̻̣̳̹͙̏͋̐̏̇͑̎̈̇̏̃̕͝õ̸̢̙̞̱͉̜̥̮̰͓̝̌͑́̆̕ͅǔ̴̦̜̱̖̬͉̣̞͇̍̾̾̒͑̂͌̓̐̈́̎͂̓ͅ ̶̨͎̞̤͉̯̻̣̲͌̒̈́͗͊̒̀͜c̵̙̻̈́͐͗a̵͎̱̣̼͇͓̳͚͂͂̂͊͗̓̔͘n̶̨̙̱͓̦̗̲̯̥̪͂̍͒͋̊́̐͂̃͋̌̋̽̚͘'̶̡̡̘̮̼̪̘̦̅͜ͅt̸̳̝̉ ̴̢̫̼͙̏̋͂̿̓͒̀͆́̑ė̴̛̱͔̙̻͓̹̣͎̼̟̞̆͆͜ṡ̸̰̗̖̜̤̳̼̞̗̥̞̣̲̓̽̉̄̑̎̆̕͜ͅc̴̗͉̣̑͂́̑̅̌̀̉̋̅̍à̷̡̡̧͉̰̮̟̫̦̪̲̀̔͗̅̌̂͂͛͂͂̏͜p̶̡͙̖̳̺̹̣̹̩̥̪̙͇̄̍̋̀̑́͘͜͜͝e̴̙̅̅̋́̈́̍̇̉̓͆͆ ̸̨̞͕̖̺̘͕̼̘̗̻̅̾͋̂͛̅̇͌̾̇͜f̷̢̛͖̭̘̖̻̱̜̳͈̯͌͂̋̈́̈́̉̎̕̕͝r̶̨̼̫͖̞̬͇͙̙͔̼̼̒o̶̼͎̮̱͚̺̰̮̙̹͐̎̇̃̂̂̕m̸̡̨̧͙͉̫̬̘͎̦̃́͂̒͜ ̸̥̎̂̌͗͋̈́m̸͕͉̣̞̤̖̣̭̘̪̦̞̰̉̔̄̂̀͒̅̚ē̶͈͇̥͒̔͌́̽̏͐͌͛̀̇̓̽!̶̛̼̭͈̱̲͔͕̭̮̘͕̿̃̄́̃̕ͅ

Spade could feel himself losing control of his body as his alter-self tries to take over.

???: T̸͕̞͍̦̞̺͙͉̲̹̈́̌̓̀̄̌̂̃̔̉̔͘̕͜͝ḩ̶̧̭͓̝̰͉̝̺̞̰̒̌̃̉́̏͠á̷̝̌̽̋͐̂̊̍͊̒̚t̸͇͎͔͇̮͉̰̖̬͇̘̔͌̃͌͒͆̽͛̀̄̅͜'̸̨͇̖̊̈́s̵̡̡͓̠̯͙̏͗͗̈́̕͜ͅ ̶͖̱̄͛̈́̾̀̊̈́̃̔́̍͒̈r̷̞̺̬͈̩͔̥̩̗̙̲̤̻̹͊̋i̴̡͓̪͍̘̠̗̟̇̔̀̄̅̄̍̒͝g̸̨̨͔̙̲̞̪̃̓̃̐́͐͛̒̽͋̃̓̕͠h̶̦̙̠̆̿͜͝͝͝t̵̡̲̫̼̙̼̙̹͇̣̠̱̄̓̋̎́.̴̧̛͖̹̖̮̙̬͕̩̼͉͛̍̒̽͜ͅ.̵̲̙͙̞̩̭̞̮̄́̎͆͜͝.̵̢̛̱̱̦̖̎͛̊̈́͛̓́̍͛͑̚͝͠ ̵̛̖͇̮̠̰͕̈̓̉̓́̕̕L̷̩̬͙̻̥͓̥̹̭̏͑́͌́͆̾̈́̍̈̚̕͝ͅḛ̷̡̛̪̖̦̪̜͔̟̍͒̓ẗ̸̡̝́͐͆͗̎̈́͑͌͂͛̏̈̿̾́ ̴̱̯̠̟̣̫̳̯̲̎̍͑̔̒͌̍͘ͅm̷̧̡̡͇̪͇̱͚͂̆̆͐́͂̒͋̅̈͝e̵̳̘͎͗̾ ̸̧͍͛̐͛́̓̉͜š̵̜͒̊͆͝ĕ̵̢̺͓̤̺̫̩̈̆̀͠ͅẗ̷̩̬̫̜̞́̽̔̽̒͑̓̉̈̓͑ ̵̧̢̩̪̬̙̔̌̽̓͝͠ẏ̶̡̮̪̝̟̖̰̈̇͊ö̵̯̱͓̖̱̖̲͎͍͕͖̣̙́͒̀ṳ̵̠̱̩̺͍̖̻̮̳͚̓̇̽̃͑̈́̓̔́̏̈͝ͅ ̴̢̰̫̟͓̼̼͍̻̻̘̌̓̈̍̏͘ͅF̸̲͔̮̖̅͛͋̎R̸̦͇̯̰̘͍͈͔̭̖͈͉̈͊̾̔͐̋̅̒̌̄E̶̡̲̱͚̥̱̪̤͕͓̗̾͛͑̾͋̚͝ͅẺ̵̟̰̝̮̺͚̰͈̭̱͊͗̓̌͑̄̾̔̕̚.̷̨͕͑͗̓͊̓͊̀̉̈́̂͆̋́͘

Spade: SHUT UP!!!

Frostnova: ...

Frostnova painfully picked herself up and limped towards the screaming Spade, she conjured up a dagger of ice and raised it above his head.

Dr. Linda/Amiya/Blaze/Greythroat: SPADE!/KOUHAI!/SIR!

The four females tried to move, but at this point, they lost feeling to every part of their body. Unable to move, they watched the scene unfold with panic and rapidly growing concern.

Frostnova: You are indeed a true warrior. It is unfortunate that you have to die like this.

Frostnova closed her eyes and plunged the knife downwards, she felt the whoosh of the wind and the knife stop abruptly, then a couple of shuddered breaths.

???: F̵̨̢̨̹̘͈̖͇̮͈̬̱͉͂̕͝͠i̵̤͔͇͆̑͑͗͛̑̆̂͌̒͛̓͝͝͝n̷̖̣͕͙̙̠̟̳͇͔̈́ǡ̶̘͚̻͎̭̭͐̇́͐̄̓l̴̗͉̣͑ͅl̷̺͕̗͚̗̅͐͗͆͑͒̑͌̏̉̆́͘͠ỳ̵̢̛̬̪̙̦̺͙͔͓̫̹̞̏͐̓̎̃̓̾̋̽͑͝͝ͅ

Spade's voice was different, the once cheerful operator has suddenly change to a more darker and deeper voice Frostnova heard. When Frostnova opens her eyes, she found the dagger in her hands to be stuck in midair.

The look on Spade's face terrified Frostnova. His eyes were glowing a dark blue-purple color as his hair changes to white. Black veins appear at the corners of his eyes as he slowly smiles unnaturally. While ice of an unnatural dark blue color slowly forms on his body.

???: Ì̶͕̫̫̩̜͒̀̇̄̔̊̀̃̄͊̉͝͝ ̴͕̠͕͓̮̮̺̲̭̳̌̒̒̒̈́͗̋̾̍́͘͜͜͠͝õ̵̢̧̹̞̽̀͆͠n̴̞̲̰̳̪͎̹̖̮̏̽͂͋̔̚͜ͅc̸̥̳̞͈͉̘͎͇̟͌͆̄̓e̷̢̡͚̫͈̰̅̈̽̈̐̚ ̶͖̫̈́́̎̽̈́́a̵͍͂̍͑̑̒̿̄̿̐̾̚̚͠͝͠g̵̢̛̛͚̼̭̠͍̼͎͇͙̣̒̈͊͊̆͆̈́̽̆̐͜͝ą̸̯̣͕̰̖̔͊́̂͑͗̊͗̒̀̐͒̿͘͝i̶̡̛̝̓̐̇͛͒̒̐̑̿̕͠n̵̫̪̱̽͘ ̷̧̛̹̻̭͉͈̱̥̰͇̝̖̗̯͍̓̉̾̾̃̉́̃̒͐͗̀̂̚r̵̲̗̹͍͎͋̏͐͌̚̕ȯ̷̡̡̧̧̩̯͔͖̦͖͎͕̀̿̈́̉̒́͂̚ą̶̫̝̲͎̖̰͂̽͌̿̓̒̎̄̾̔̍̕͠m̷̧̢̩̬̬̜̩̗̮̺̹̩̙̼̎͒̈́ͅ ̴̞̘̜͓̳̣̠̙̲̆͌̌̽́̍̓̓͌̏͘ṱ̷̘͔͊̂͑̓̚ḫ̴̡͓͉̹̞̟̪̯͉̄̃͝ḛ̷̢̛͇́̏̀̎̈́̌̍̀̍̓ ̸̨̖͈̫̞̘̤͈̈́̿̃̋̑̏́̌̏̄͜ͅë̶̦̫̟̙̯̬̝̮̗̫̬̹͔̩́̇̃͆ą̸̣͛̕r̵͎̟̭̜̝̰̟̓̍̑̐͜ţ̵̧̟̗͓̫͍͍̼͚͓̼̭̜̂͌̓̍̈́͐́̆̊̆͊́̓̎͝ͅh̷̨̝̼̯̤̭̔̐̄͆̾̅̄̓́͋̒̍́̚͠.̷͚̣̥̾̎̓̒͜ ̵̢̙͖͇͔͙̫̲̣͗̑̇̓͂̀̂͒̚͝͝͠ͅͅN̵͕̰̺̲̭͎͖̮̞̥̘͐͋̌ǫ̴̮̙̖͚̻̝̘̣̞̗͓͎͑͗͒͋ͅw̸̙͉̬͆̀̋̈,̴̛̫̲̪̥̣͈͓̹͇̱̿̓̽͑̈́͆̒̕ ̸̡̮̻̭̟̤̯̌̂̊͂͠w̴̡̢̢̤͎͇͖͎̥̐̅̒ǫ̸̨̢̛̛̺̖͓͓̗̖͈̤͌̎̆͛͗̋̉̃͝ǔ̷̢͓̦͗̔́̈́̂l̶̠̪̃͌̎̆̈́̐̓ḑ̵̡̨̙̭̜͍̝̤̼̠̑ ̸̡̡̙̭̂̉͠y̴̧͈̰̘̬̪̫̍̓͑̿͊̈́̿̀͑̕o̶̧̧͚̞͈̫̤͎̹̫̰̼̔û̶̫̙̥̘̱̾̉͛̒̅͛͂̓̓̎̿̓͝ ̵̲̯̱̰̘͐͆͐͂̏̿́̚m̴̭̓̋i̵̲̰͐ͅn̵̥̲̂͌̈́̀͝d̶̪͖̦̟̎̀ ̵̢̖͖̺̱̟̜̦̥̝̤̙̞̂̐̾̿̌͛̽̀̈́̿̀͜e̷̡̢̪̫̲̯̼̣̤̙̹͈͝n̸̛͇͍̮͖̊͐͆̈́̄͝ț̶̯̉͊̍́͐̿͆̈́͠ę̵͕͈̤͎̿͗͊͐̾̚r̷̪̫̜͖͚̩̍̂̓̑̕ͅt̸̬̀̍͐̍͗̃͑̔́̃͗͐͌̀͝å̶̡̧̮͚͇̲̪͈͍̱͕̳̰̐̃̎̀͑̚͜͜i̵̢̭̭͚̟̯̤͇̺̺̣̒̐n̶͙͂̋͂̊̀͝i̵̢͎̭͉̝̜̖̜̫̎̊̿̾̒͘̚͜͜͝n̷̤̝͇͕͎̉̐̈́̽̑̌̽̑g̶̨͍̜̱͙̫͈̦̜͉̾͐̎̃̂̀̄̇̾͘ ̴̨̛̝͍̩̙̭͔̖̗̫̺̮̝̓̇̓̓͂̊̽͌m̸̡͙͍̘̞̺͕̝̟̼̣̪̅̂́̐̈̈̂͆̕͜͝ͅě̶̡̢́́ ̵̣̣̲̱̼̳̯̻͎̰̳͇͎͖̅̔ͅf̴͈͙̮̤͉̬̓̈́͜ó̷̙̮̟͉͠r̵̭̜̫̘̺͆̂̃̇̊́̄̃̚̕ͅ ̶̡̧̘̠̗̩̞̭̝̰̜͕̦̺̀̆̌̑͆̌̔͂͘͘͠͠͠ḁ̷̧̛̥͙̻̮̺͓̪̘̞̤̈́̈́̀͐̇̃͒͋͝ͅ ̵̧̙͇͙͎͙̖͔͉͎̯̤͚̎̾͝ͅw̴̢̢̮̰͚͍̦̥̙͈̝̏̄͌ͅh̴̛͔̘̮̯̑̑̂̀̓͗͌̈́͗̈͊̅̿͝î̷͚̿͋̌̈͝l̶͍͉̬̞͛ͅe̵̻̘̺̖͠ͅ?̴̡̧̝̺̜̣͎̖̞͇̘͙͕̫̌̆̃̕͝

End Of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 7K 194
You were one of the first freelancers and one of the best you could never fill a mission no matter what happens you always succeed no matter who you...
23.3K 761 25
What would happen if your Arranged Marriage Husband is someone you already met before? Madison Grey and Ace Ashford's meetings is the real definition...
12K 305 23
"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alfred is King of the Spades. Handling a ki...
2.4K 178 15
The world of Suits is changing. The Kingdoms have gained new rulers, what will happen between these rulers and what drama will unfold? Diamonds poin...