Love and Despair (A Hermitcra...

By JustAnAverageFreak

Evil Xisuma is released from The Void after being banished into the black abyss two years before. Now he's ba... More

Welcome Peoples
Important Information
The Characters
Chapter 1: Always
Chapter 2: And Forever
Chapter 3: HOW?
Chapter 4: Oh no...
Chapter 5: Confused
Chapter 6: It's Safer This Way
Chapter 7: The Story
Chapter 8: A Chase
Chapter 9: Why?
Chapter 10: Visitors
Chapter 11: Halo Steak House
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Wizardly Books
Chapter 14: Super Smash Bros
Chapter 15: Use My Voice
Chapter 16: Babysitter Troubles
Chapter 17: Unknown Users
Chapter 18: The Dream
Chapter 19: Snap
Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me
Chapter 21: Teamwork
Chapter 22: What Did I Do?
Chapter 23: Another's Dream
Chapter 24: Planning And Promises
Chapter 25: Rescue Mission
Chapter 26: Battle of The Brothers 2.0
NEW COVER!
Chapter 27: Hopeful
Chapter 28: Marching On
Chapter 29: Glitch
Chapter 29: The Final Fight
Chapter 30: Checkerboard
Chapter 31: I'm Tired
Chapter 33: Forever and Always

Chapter 32: Agony

839 46 93
By JustAnAverageFreak

Yall...

My face is poofy and droopy...

STORY TIME

I got new face wash and now my face is swollen

END OF STORY

No but seriously, I look like a grandma's lopsided butt cheeks

LEZ GO!!

~~ 

Word Count: ~2 K

~

TW: blood and pain

~

POV: 3rd

~~

Xizara gasped awake. Immediately, his breath caught in his throat as the pain washed over his body, his hand subconsciously going to his stomach, where he felt the sticky, warm blood flow from his wound. 

Checking his inventory, he realized the two healing potions he had brought had both been used. One was given to Xisuma and the other he had drunk after fighting Xisuma.

With a grunt of pain, he lifted himself up onto his elbows, his chest screaming in protest. The world around him was crumbling and glitching out, and the throne room was empty.

They had done it. The Rune had been destroyed. 

Xizara let out a sigh of relief, letting his body fall back down onto the floor. The pain exploded through him, but he was too relieved with the fact that they won.

Now, he just had to hope they made it out.

The Voider knew he had to get up, to get out, that the world was only minutes from ripping itself apart, but the extreme pain and exhaustion seemed to pin him to the floor.

Trying to pull himself up again, Xizara only made it a few inches up before his arms gave out under him. He cried out in agony and frustration as he hit the ground again.

The world lurched, sending Z into the air before crashing back down on his side. His shoulder popped on impact, pain shooting over his shoulder, down his shoulder and across his chest. A scream ripped through his throat, and tears flowed down his cheeks.

Rolling onto his stomach and resting his forehead on the ground, Xizara heaved a sob. 

Come on, get up.

Get up.

I can do it. I can do it I can do it I can do it!

Just get up!

Get! Up!

His thoughts were jumbled, but the whispers of encouragement to himself were running full speed around his mind, impossible to ignore.

Please... 

I have to move.

I have to get out.

I have to get up.

So get up!

Get up!

Get UP!

With a scream, he pushed himself up with both arms, but the pain that crashed through his shoulder blinded him, fireworks exploding in front of his eyes as he crashed back down. 

There was no doubt in his mind that something in his shoulder was broken and/or torn. 

Xizara, determined not to give up, rolled onto his left side, using his good arm to push himself up sideways. Sobs of agony wracked his body, but he didn't stop. Ever so slowly, he pulled himself to a sitting position, his legs sprawled out, breath erratic, tears streaming. 

After another pause to gather his strength, Xizara pulled one leg under him, forcing himself onto his feet. 

Pride filled his heart as he stood. With a shattered shoulder, a stab wound going straight through his stomach, and countless scratches, bruises, and gashes, he somehow was able to not only able to stand, but he had the strength to keep going, even though all he wanted to do was give up.

Maybe Xizara really was stronger than he had thought.

The joy was short lived though, as he tried to take a step forwards and his leg gave out under him. Yet again, Xizara crashed to the floor. 

Another scream tore through his throat, and his vision went black as his head hit the ground with a sickening thud. 

~

Doc tore down the hall, fleeing from the glitched out world behind him. Ignoring his burnt hand and bloody leg, he fled.

Following the map, he ran down hall after hall, eventually coming up on the Throne room as it was labelled on the map. Flying through the doors, he skidded to a stop at what he saw inside.

A massive throne sat elevated opposite of the Flare, looming over the large room. Fallen chunks of the roof and walls littered the floor, along with a body sprawled out on the left. 

Doc sucked in a breath as he ran to Xizara, dropping to his knees beside him. He cried out, a weird jumble of sounds escaping his mouth from confusion, sorrow, and shock.

There was a hole in the center of Xizara's chest, dried blood staining his armor as fresh blood flowed out. Doc desperately searched for a pulse, growling in anger as he struggled to find it. Finally, he found it, though it was weak and slow.

Xizara was barely alive, but he was. 

Anger flooded Doc's vein at the thought of the Hermits leaving Xizara behind, as he was clearly alive. Even if they couldn't find a pulse, Stress should have known he was alive! Why in Nether would they leave him while he was still alive!?

"Xizara! Xizara can you hear me?" Doc gently shook Z's shoulder, jumping back in surprise when the Voider cried out in pain. Scrambling back to Xizara, Doc crawled around to his other side, grabbing ahold of his left arm gently.

"Come on Xizara, we gotta go." The Voider whimpered, trying desperately to make himself move, but exhaustion held him down. With a groan, Doc began pulling him up, cringing at the yells of protest, even if they were painful to hear and hard to ignore. 

It took a few minutes, a lot of struggling, and many, many curses from Xizara, but Doc pulled him up. Looping the injured man's good arm around his shoulders, heaving him up. The world lurched, causing Z to crumple, but Doc held tight, keeping him from crashing back down. 

The glitched out checkerboard began flickering and multiplying into the Throne room, seemingly getting faster by the second.   

see picture at the top for info

(it's just a quick sketch I did of this scene)

Knowing how bad it would be if they were caught in it, Doc began dragging Xizara towards the door at the side of the room, away from the glitches. The Voider struggled to keep his feet underneath him, but he was determined to not slow Doc down, so he ignored the pain and continued on. 

The duo limped through the door, down the adjacent hall. Doc did his best to hold both the map and the Voider up, trying not to let Xizara slip through his fingers, quite literally. Tears were streaming down Zara's cheeks from the agonizing pain that flared through his entire body, his breathing erratic. 

Adrenaline pumped through Doc's veins, pushing him forwards as the glitches continued to get closer, mockingly nipping at their ankles as they ran. A square appeared below Xizara's foot and he screamed as his foot and ankle exploded in searing pain.

The Voider completely collapsed, causing Doc to stumble, falling to his knees as Xizara slipped out of his grasp. 

Xizara landed on his side, right onto a black glitch. Another scream tore through his throat as black and purple burns started to appear on his body, bright and painful. 

Doc stumbled, struggling to grab ahold of Zara. He got a grip on the Voider's armor and yanked him forwards, tumbling across the floor. Xizara curled in on himself, the agony rolling through his body overwhelming his mind until all he could think about was the screaming pain.

The Flare tried gently pulling him up, but gave up on being gentle when Xizara didn't let him grab him, yelling and squirming to stay out of his grasp. Doc knew the burns hurt like the Nether, but Z's life was more important than being careful.  

Ignoring Xizara's screams and pleas, Doc hauled him up, continuing to run down the hall, tripping and stumbling as the world shook  below them. 

The walls and ceiling crumbled around them, and several times the pair almost got crushed from falling debris. The shaking floor, falling roof, and oncoming glitches kept them moving despite the pain and exhaustion.

They were so close to making it when a chunk of ceiling about the size of melon crashed down onto Xizara's shoulder. 

The Voider crumpled, letting out a choked sob. 

"Come on, man, we're almost there," Doc yelled as he readjusted his grip, but Xizara just shoved him away. 

"Stop!" His words were strained as he squirmed away from the Flare, mumbling incoherent pleas. 

"No! We have to go!" Xizara didn't stop struggling. 

The pain was too much, and he knew Doc wouldn't make it if he had to drag Xizara the rest of the way, because the Voider was no longer able to keep himself up. 

"Please, just go..."

"Not happening." Doc glanced over at the glitches, but they were far enough away for know, as they had gotten some distance before Xizara crumpled. The Flare tried one more time to pull Zara up, but he refused to get up.

Instead of wasting time fighting him, Doc stood. 

Xizara breathed a sigh of relief, closing his eyes and relaxing against the shaking floor. 

"Tell them I'm sorry," he whispered, tears leaking from the corner of his eyes.

Doc took out his sword. "Tell them yourself."

The Voider snapped his eyes open, getting a single glimpse of Doc swinging the hilt of the sword towards his temple. 

A shock of pain and everything went dark.

Doc pulled the sword back into his inventory as he crouched down to grab the unconscious Voider. He hauled the boy onto his back, holding onto his arms and he cast one glimpse at the glitches only a few feet away before turning and taking off down the hall. 

He stumbled around, struggling to stay up with the floor shaking violently underneath him and the Voider on his back making his  balance waver. 

Several times, glitches appeared below Doc's feet, burns littering his legs, but he didn't stop. Despite the fire searing through his legs, he continued to run, determined not to save himself, but to save Xizara. 

At last, Doc turned a corner, yelling out in relief when he saw two familiar Watchers standing at the opposite end of the hall, at a dead end. Zloy and Pixl shared a single glance before racing over to the pair, making it just in time to catch them as Doc collapsed. Zloy grabbed ahold of Doc while Pixl held Xizara up.

"Holy Nether, he's alive," he whispered.

"Barely," Doc grunted as they dashed to the wall. Before he had time to question it, Zloy placed a hand on the wall, and a second later it disappeared. 

Pixl dragged Xizara over to the portal, leaving the breaking world behind. Zloy and Doc were close to follow, not hesitating to run as a massive crack slit through the roof with an ear splintering bang. Dust and pebbles rained down on them as they made their escape.

They made it to the portal, and Doc caught a glimpse of the glitches that were rapidly closing in on them and the roof give way, crashing down towards them. Mere seconds before they were crushed, they too disappeared, away from the world that got way to close to claiming their lives.

~~

I am not very happy with this chapter TwT

I may go in later and fix it up, but for now, I just want to get it out before I spend another two weeks on it

ALSO

This whole chapter, from Xizara waking up to them leaving through the portal, only took a few minutes, no more than eight minutes, so everything that happened, happened quick.

ALSO ALSO

 In xB's latest video, Bdubs says he wasn't the one to build that room in xB's base, meaning it isn't Bdubs and it isn't Keralis. Now, before we find out who really built it, I wanna make a guess.

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I, MYA, THINK THAT IMPULSE BUILT THE SECRET BASE IN XB'S BASE 

It really looks like his build style and he used armor stands to make furniture in the other secret bases, at least the ones in 'Grian's' base, so it matches up with the use of armor stand furniture in the xB secret base.

CASE CLOSED

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 321 52
Sixteen hermits settle down in a far away campsite for their two-week vacation, having only one day to enjoy before disaster strikes. Each day, peopl...
14.4K 546 79
Hello, and welcome to my oneshots book! I write Hermitcraft fanfiction, with a side of shenanigans from Hermittpad and (recently) Empires. Started in...
1.8K 91 28
We must focus on guiding the Magic; not controlling it. For it is through controlling it we allow it to control ourselves. Time between dimensions is...
81K 1.6K 62
everyone is doing it, and I also have a lot of ideas in my head. I'll try to write about everyone, but probably will stick to a few hermits since the...