The Hunchback of Lumiose Cath...

بواسطة HAKDurbin

Timothy is a disfigured hunchback who is locked in the bell tower of Lumiose City's cathedral where he serves... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 13

125 6 0
بواسطة HAKDurbin

By the time Timothy, Ash, Electchu, Shockwave, Odyssey, and Pikachu exited the cathedral from one of the side entrances, the fires all over the city had died down. Citizens and their Pokemon were cleaning up the things the soldiers destroyed or scavenged for items that survived the fires. Many were crying or trying to help their neighbors who lost their homes. Ash, Timothy, and their Pokemon looked at what was happening with crestfallen faces as they walked to the graveyard. Timothy kept his hood down to keep people from seeing him as they passed by.

When the six of them reached the city graveyard, Ash took one of the torches hanging beside the gates before they went in. The cemetery had hundreds of tombstones, crypts, and tombs as far as the eye could see. Ash, Timothy, and the Pokemon looked at each other with anxious looks.

"I guess there's nothing else to it but to spread out and look for something that'll lead us to the hideout," Ash said.

Timothy nodded before he, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey began looking around the graveyard in different directions. Ash and Pikachu took a moment to let out anxious sighs before the mouse Pokemon hopped off its partner's shoulder, and they began to look around.

For the next twenty minutes, the six of them looked at every grave they could find. One by one, they read the name on a tombstone, crypt, or tomb, but no matter what they looked at, there was nothing that looked like a clue leading to the Court of Miracles. Timothy became discouraged with his idea until he heard Electchu called out.

"Hey, guys, I found something!"

Timothy, Ash, Pikachu, Shockwave, and Odyssey ran over to Electchu, standing in front of a crypt. Ash knelt down in front of the crypt and saw the symbol on Timothy's necklace etched above AZ's name.

"Well, what do you know?" Ash said before petting Electchu on the head. "Nice job."

Electchu squealed in delight from being pet while Shockwave and Odyssey pat it on the back.

"Great work, Electchu," Timothy said. "Now we just need to figure out what we're supposed to do next."

Ash rubbed his chin and said, "Yeah, but I have no idea how we're going to do that when all it shows is the symbol and the letters 'A' and 'Z.' Best guess I have is that those words could be some sort of code, but it'll take a while to figure it out."

The raven-haired man hummed in thought as he studied the inscription. Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey sat on their bottom and began brainstorming with Ash. Timothy furrowed his brow and circled around the crypt, but there were no other markings or inscriptions around the stone block. He then looked at the lid and debated with himself before taking a chance and began pushing the top away. Ash stood up, having heard the lid moving, and looked at Timothy in disbelief until the hunchback pushed it all the way and smiled at what was inside. Ash held his torch over the crypt and found a set of stairs leading underground.

"How did you know that there wasn't a corpse inside?" Ash asked.

"Lucky guess," Timothy said. "Come on."

Timothy climbed inside and began walking down the steps. Ash smirked at the hunchback before climbing in, followed by Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey. The group went down to the bottom of the steps to find themselves in a narrow catacomb. The floor was covered in sewage water that went up to everyone's feet, and there were skeletons of people and Pokemon piled up against the walls. Timothy, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey struggled not to throw up from the smell as Ash took the lead with Pikachu on his shoulder.

"Of all the places leading to the Arceans' hideout, why did it have to be a place like this?" Shockwave complained.

"Remind me to find a spot where we can bathe in the river on the way back to the cathedral," Odyssey said.

"That's probably a good idea that we make sure to do that," Electchu said. "If Master Markenel is coming from down here, he'll probably recognize the smell the next time he comes up the bell tower."

"Good thinking, Electchu," Timothy said. "The last thing we need is Master Markenel finding out that we warned the Arceans."

Ash furrowed his brow, having overheard the hunchback, and asked, "You're really subject to Markenel, aren't you, Timothy?"

"I told you he's my master," Timothy said. "Besides, I'm uneasy as it is leaving the cathedral again. I just want to get this over with before I cause any trouble like what happened at the Feast of Fools."

Ash's frown deepened, and he opened his mouth to tell Timothy that Markenel ordered Giovanni to have his men attack him, but then he stopped himself and looked around the catacomb, suspicious.

"You know, speaking of trouble, I feel like we should have found some by now," he said.

"What do you mean? Timothy asked.

"Well, with such an important hideout, maybe the Arceans would have something to protect it in case someone found the entrance," Ash said. "Like, maybe they would have a guard or a booby trap."

"Or maybe an ambush," a man said from behind. "Magneton, Dragonair, Thunder Wave!"

Before they had a moment to react, Ash, Timothy, Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey felt jolts of electricity hitting them from behind. They fell to the ground with yellow sparks appearing all over their body before the catacombs suddenly lit up with people and Pokemon surrounding them. The people were holding torches as they and their Pokemon laughed maniacally, all of them dressed in masks and black suits with bones painted on them to make them look like they were skeletons. In front of the group, the costumed people and Pokemon backed away to reveal Sonia walking over to them. She put her hands on her hips and smirked at the two men and their Pokemon as she spoke in a taunting voice.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" She asked.

"Trespassers!" A male guard answered.

"Spies!" A female guard hissed.

"No! We're not spies!" Ash said. "We're here to – hmph."

The Arceans gagged Ash and Timothy from behind and tied their hands before Ash could finish his sentence. Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey tried to tell the Arcean Pokemon about Markenel, but they were also gagged before they had the chance. Sonia sneered at Ash and Timothy as her guards pulled them up to face her.

"Captain Giovanni's second-in-command and a henchman sneaking here with a few Pokemon. That sounds like a group of spies to me," she said. "Did you think you could just find one of our secret passages, waltz into my front door, and then leave to report to Judge Markenel so that he can arrest my people and Pokemon? Sorry, but that ain't happening, gentlemen. I think we should put you on trial and decide what to do with you intruders."

The Arceans and their Pokemon laughed again, and two Gothorita lifted Ash, Timothy, Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey up using Psychic. The six of them tried to protest despite their mouths gagged, but their efforts were in vain. Sonia led everyone to the extensive catacombs, where all of the Arceans talked and played with their families and Pokemon. The Gothorita levitated their prisoners to a tall, wooden platform, where several nooses were hanging above a beam. Ash, Timothy, Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey's hearts sank, and they struggled in fear despite their paralyzed bodies. As the Gothorita lowered the prisoners onto the platform, the guards wrapped the nooses around their necks. Sonia smirked and shouted to everyone in the catacombs.

"Everyone, come gather around!" She called out. "We're having a trial, and you do not want to miss it!"

The Arceans immediately stopped what they were doing and gathered around until a crowd surrounded the platform. Sonia's smirk grew as she began pacing at the edge of the platform as she spoke to the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you are in for a treat you will never forget!" She announced. "Just moments ago, we apprehended a few spies."

The Arceans turned their eyes to Ash, Timothy, Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey, and booed at them.

"And these are not just any spies. It's Captain Giovanni's lieutenant, and the Lumiose Cathedral bellringer, both armed with their Pokemon companions," Sonia continued. "We caught them entering from the graveyard entrance just moments ago, no doubt planning to give our location to Markenel."

The Arceans and their Pokemon booed even louder. Some of them threw food at the two men and their Pokemon. Timothy's fear grew as he began to feel like he was back in the Feast of Fools.

"These six invaded our home in the service of a man who wants to execute us, including our children!" Sonia continued. She turned to Timothy and spat on the floor in front of him with a cold glare. "And to think I called this one a friend and put a crown on his head."

Timothy once again tried to convince Sonia that she was wrong despite the gag covering his mouth. Sonia scoffed in disinterest, thinking the hunchback was cursing her or pleading for his life. She turned her gaze to Ash and asked, "Do you have anything to say for your defense?"

Ash yelled through his gag, hoping that Sonia could understand him. Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey joined in with tears running down their faces in fear for their lives. Sonia rubbed her chin and hummed, pretending that she heard them.

"Such interesting arguments," she said sarcastically before turning to the crowd. "The spies have made their case! What does the jury say?"

"Execute them!" A man in the crowd shouted.

"Let's see them dangling in the air!" A woman shouted.

"Let their corpses rot down here!" Another man yelled.

Sonia smirked as the rest of the crowd made similar declarations and walked over to the lever attached to the door beneath the prisoner's feet. Timothy turned to Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey and gave them an apologetic look. His Pokemon friends looked at him sadly, accepting that they were going to die. Ash and Pikachu looked at each other, smiling sadly through their gags, thinking at least they tried. Sonia grabbed the lever with both hands and began to pull until she heard a voice louder than the rest of the crowd.

"STOP!!!"

The peach-haired woman halted and turned her head to see Serena emerging from the crowd, followed by Sylveon, Miette, and Slurpuff. Ash and Timothy called out Serena's name through their gags as the honey blonde woman, and her companions climbed up the platform.

"These men and their Pokemon aren't spies, Sonia. They're our friends," Serena said.

"Friends? What on Earth are you talking about, Serena?" Sonia asked.

"Ash and Pikachu were the ones who rescued Karsten and his family. Markenel ordered them to be executed before Sylveon and I saved them," Serena explained.

"Sylveon," Sylveon said, standing in front of Pikachu.

"It's true, Sonia," Miette said. "The soldiers were going to cut off their heads before Serena and Sylveon intervened, and Captain Giovanni shot Ash with an arrow when they tried to escape." She pulled on Ash's collar to show his front wound.

"And Timothy's the one who helped me escape the cathedral," Serena said.

"But how did they find the secret passage?" One of the guards asked.

"I gave Timothy my necklace showing the way," Serena answered. She removed Timothy's gag from his face and asked, "Do you have the necklace with you?"

"I'm wearing it under my shirt," Timothy replied.

Serena reached under Timothy's shirt and took out the woven band hanging around his neck. She turned her head to Sonia and glared daggers at the peach-haired woman as if to silently demand that she free her friends. Sonia hesitated before she accepted that Serena and Miette were telling the truth.

"Release them," she ordered. "Bring over some Cheri berries for their paralysis."

Serena smiled brightly and turned to Ash to hug him before removing his gag for a kiss. Timothy felt like a needle pierced through his heart, but he shook it off when two Arcean women got on the platform with handfuls of Cheri berries and fed them to Ash, Timothy, Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey. The guards unbound them, and Ash pulled Serena in for another hug while Sylveon wrapped its feelers around Pikachu affectionately. Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey hugged each other while Sonia walked over to Timothy, scratching the back of her head.

"Uh, sorry for almost executing you," she said. "I hope you understand that we're all a little on edge with Markenel going on a major hunt against us."

"I do understand," Timothy said. "I'm just glad we found you all so that we can warn you."

"Warn us?" Miette asked.

Ash's face turned serious as he broke his hug with Serena and walked over to the edge of the stage.

"We came to warn all of you!" He shouted to the crowd. "Markenel is coming! He says he knows where your hideout is, and he's coming to attack at dawn!"

The Arceans and their Pokemon gasped in horror while some whispered amongst themselves, unsure of whether or not they should believe Ash.

"Markenel has been searching for the Court of Miracles for decades. Are you sure he found us?" Sonia asked.

"Master Markenel told me himself," Timothy said. "He said he discovered where the Court of Miracles is while he was hunting for Serena, and he's gathering a thousand soldiers and Pokemon to destroy all of you."

The Arceans grew more afraid with Timothy's testimony, and Pikachu, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey called out to the Pokemon in the crowd to backup Ash and Timothy. Sonia's face turned grave, and she turned to her people and Pokemon.

"Then let us waste no time! We must leave immediately!" She announced. "Leave behind your possessions. Take only what you need!"

The Arceans immediately scattered and ran to their tents and wagons to grab supplies. Miette grew uneasy as she climbed off the platform with Sonia, Ash, Serena, Pikachu, Sylveon, Timothy, Electchu, Shockwave, Odyssey, and the guards with their Pokemon.

"Sonia, where will we go?" The blunette woman asked.

"There are halls that lead to the outskirts of the city," Sonia answered. "We have abandoned hideouts far away from here we can use before we find a better place. Maybe with all of the money we earned at the Feast of Fools, we can smuggle our way to other regions." She turned to Ash, Serena, Timothy, and their Pokemon and gave the two men warm smiles. "On behalf of my people and Pokemon, I deeply appreciate you gentlemen coming here to warn us. You and your Pokemon are welcome to join us if you wish."

Ash turned to Serena and smirked as he pulled her into a side hug and said, "Well, Pikachu and I are fugitives, so we may as well. The two of us would like to stick by Serena and Sylveon's sides anyway."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said in agreement.

Serena and Sylveon smiled lovingly at the raven-haired man and his Pokemon before the former kissed Ash on the cheek and Sylveon nuzzled Pikachu. Timothy felt another sharp pain in his heart before he felt Sonia put her hand on his shoulder.

"How about you?" She asked.

Timothy gave the peach-haired woman a small smile and said, "I appreciate the offer, but my place is in the bell tower, and I can only imagine what Master Markenel will do if my friends and I disappear with all of you."

Serena frowned and said, "I wish you would reconsider, Timothy, but I understand. You took a terrible risk by coming here, and we're grateful."

"Sylveon," Sylveon agreed.

"You should be grateful to Timothy. He's the one who figured out your riddle," Ash said with a toothy grin. "Without him and his friends, Pikachu and I would never have found our way here."

"Nor would I."

Everyone turned to the entrance where Ash, Timothy, and his Pokemon came from and found Markenel, Giovanni, and Persian standing in front of it. The Arceans screamed in fear as a torrent of soldiers and Pokemon dressed in armor moved past Markenel and his loyal minions and began arresting people, and Pokemon left and right. Some Arcean families and their Pokemon tried to run away but were quickly captured by the soldiers' Pokemon using Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, and other moves to stop them. Before they knew it, soldiers and their Pokemon grabbed Ash, Pikachu, Serena, Sylveon, Sonia, Miette, and Slurpuff from behind. They formed a circle with spears pointing at Timothy, Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey. Markenel cackled as he, Giovanni, and Persian walked in.

"At last, the Court of Miracles is mine," Markenel said.

"This will be a day long remembered," Giovanni said.

"Mmmeeeeoooowwww," Persian said.

Markenel looked around to see all of the Arceans apprehended, smirking in sadistic pleasure. His gaze then turned to Timothy and the hunchback quivered with fear. Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey moved in front of Timothy in defense, but the judge showed no interest in them. His smirk grew as he walked over to Timothy and patted his head.

"Dear, dear Timothy, I always knew that it was your destiny to help me destroy the Arcean vermin," he said.

"What do you mean?" Serena asked.

"Why, I tricked him into believing that I found your hideout, my dear," Markenel explained. "It was all too clear that the fool developed an attachment to you, and he would try to help you slip from my grasp again. All I had to do was put on a little show and wait."

Timothy stood still in shock for a second before he fell into his hands and knees. Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey stood beside him as tears ran down his face.

"No," he whimpered.

Giovanni grinned as he watched the guilt overtake Timothy before he and Markenel turned to Ash.

"And look what else we caught on our net. Lieutenant Ash and his Pokemon partner back from the dead," Markenel said. "Another miracle that he survived your arrow, no doubt, Captain."

Giovanni scoffed and gave Ash the same condescending look he had at Karsten's farm, making it clear that he still no longer recognize him as his son.

"I shall remedy that now, sir," Giovanni announced as he drew his sword.

"No, there's no need for that yet," Markenel said, holding his hand up. "Let's have the traitors attend our celebration first."

Giovanni grinned and said, "Excellent idea, sir."

"What celebration?" Ash asked, glaring daggers at the men.

Markenel and Giovanni chuckled with their mouths closed, and the judge began pacing around Timothy and his Pokemon companions as he spoke to everyone in the catacombs.

"There will be a bonfire in the city square tomorrow celebrating the liberation from corruption in Lumiose City, and you're all invited," he announced.

The Arceans gasped as it was apparent what Markenel meant. Many of them, especially children, began to cry, afraid for their lives. Sonia tried to break free from the guard's hold on her, trying to protect her people and Pokemon as their leader, but her resistance was met with guards cuffing her hands behind her. Markenel's smirk grew, taking pleasure in his prisoners filled with despair.

"Captain Giovanni, lock them up," he ordered.

"My pleasure," Giovanni said. "All troops, take them all to the Palace of Justice."

The troops and their Pokemon dragged the Arceans and their Pokemon away. Some prisoners still tried to resist despite being paralyzed and chained, while others cried out to their loved ones, begging the soldiers not to hurt them. The soldiers holding Ash, Serena, Sonia, Miettte, Slurpuff, Pikachu, and Sylveon dragged their prisoners to the entrance last. Timothy stood up and tried to run to their friends as they were being taken away, but the soldiers in front of him held him back with their spears.

"Serena!" Timothy cried out with tears in his eyes. "Serena, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

He kept calling out to the honey blonde woman until she was out of sight. Timothy turned his head to Markenel to beg, but the stern, disapproving look in the judge's eyes silenced him. The old man made it clear that he was angry that the hunchback disobeyed him again and wasn't willing to hear anything Timothy would say to save his friends. His legs gave out again, and he burst into tears, covering his head with his hands.

"Take him and his Pokemon back to the cathedral, and make sure they stay there," Markenel ordered.

Two soldiers picked Timothy up from under his shoulders and dragged him away. Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey didn't resist as soldiers picked them up, knowing there was nothing they could do. As Markenel led the soldiers to Lumiose Cathedral, Timothy cried harder as he felt all hope disappear.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

953K 16.6K 74
After his loss in Unova Ash returns home to regroup and plan which region he will go to next. However while planning his next region, tragedy strikes...
3.7K 186 26
24-year-old Serena Yvonne is the daughter of the Duke of Viridian City and a beloved dancer. When her father dies, she is forced by her penniless ste...
227K 5K 97
After the events of Pokemon XY&Z, Serena decides to go to Kanto with Ash to compete in Pokemon contests. While they're in Pallet Town, however, they...
42.1K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...