serendipity - r. lupin

By chlorinestoken

༄*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. ༉‧₊ ... More

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐒
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGTHY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE

NINE

13.8K 484 284
By chlorinestoken

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The hospital bed shifted, the rustling echoing off the stone walls. From under the duvet Genevieve awoke, forgetting where she was for a moment before it dawned upon her.

She lifted the duvet from over her and grimaced when she caught sight of her arm. It was carefully tucked into a sling Madam Pomfrey must have put on, but the colour of purple and swelling still hadn't gone down. If anything it had gotten worse.

"Sight for sore eyes, that is."

She turned her head in the direction of the voice and saw none other than Toby Whitely sat in a chair by her side.

"You're charming, aren't you?" Gen snorted, pushing herself up and pressing her back against the headboard of her bed.

"Indeed I am," he smiled.

"What brings you to my death bed then, Whitely?" she emphasised, tilting her head to the side.

"Firstly, you're not dying. Secondly-" he looked over at  the opposite end of the room. "My mate Bradley thought it was a good idea to duel a seventh year Slytherin for picking on a first year." He stared at Bradley a little too long for them to be just 'mates.'

Genevieve knew Bradley pretty well. They had been paired up for assignments together a couple of times and he was without a doubt the kindest soul she had ever met. She bit the inside of her cheek, wondering what happened to him. Duelling with Slytherins was never a good idea seeing as their aim was to win most the time.

Toby sensed her worry and quickly filled her in, "He only got a few scratches here and there but lost consciousness once he was hit too hard by a stunning spell."

She sighs in relief as he gets up from his chair and tucks his hands in his robe pockets. "Where are you going?" Gen asked.

"I was about to go tell Pomfrey that you're awake, she'll cut my head off if I don't. I'll be right back," he told her before walking to her office.

A few moments later, Madam Pomfrey surely enough came strutting down to the hospital bed holding a few potions with Toby beside her. "You're awake I see, how does your arm feel?"

"Positively painful," Gen replies and gives a tight lip smile to the nurse.

"I figured it would, take these dear and you should be good to go in an hour." Pomfrey says and hands over the three potions she was carrying.

Gen gulped each one down and coughed a little when she finished, the awful taste lingering at the back of her throat. "Doesn't taste like butterbeer, i'll tell you that now," she grimaced.

Toby laughed and raised his eyebrows, "I feel sorry for you and everything but the look on your face right now is amazing."

"Pass me a book and i'll throw it at you so hard that you need to have one of these god awful potions," she warned him, a scowl on her face.

He raised his hands in surrender, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I would rather not."

"Didn't think so," she nodded.

The hospital door opened as soon as she finished her sentence and the Marauders waltzed in like they owned the place.

"Have no fear, Sirius is here!" the long haired boy boomed. His voice could probably be heard all the way throughout the castle and Gen winced a little at how loud he was.

"Mr Black! I do have other patients that need their rest so unless you quieten down I will have to ask you to leave," Madam Pomfrey scolded him from where she was, pointing her finger at him.

He pouted and muttered a load of sorries under his breath while walking over to where Genevieve was with Toby, the rest of the boys snickering behind him.

"Purples a good colour on you," Remus started, looking at her arm then looking back up at her.

"I prefer your natural skin colour," James butted in and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I do too," Gen huffed and then looked over to where Pomfrey was, "How long did you say it was before I could get out of here?" She called.

"She said to give it an hour or so," Toby answered for her. She sunk a little in her seat and sighed. Hospitals weren't really her favourite place in the world. Knowing that people had been in pain here made her uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, you won't have to wait that long," Peter smiled at her. He knew how uneasy she felt in hospitals because he felt the exact same way.

Toby stood up from his chair again and spoke up, "I'm off back to Bradley now incase he wakes up." Truth actually was, he felt uncomfortable with people he was barely even friends with.

She smiled at him, "thanks for keeping me company."

"No worries," he smiled and walked to where his friend was laying.

As soon as Toby left, Sirius started clap his hands manically and had the biggest grin on his face. "He visited you!"

"Er no, he brought his friend here," she replied awkwardly, knowing what he was implying.

"Who was he?" Peter asked, shuffling in his space a little.

"That, my friend, was Toby Whitely. Charming, smart and also Gennys newly found crush," Sirius mused, wiggling his eyebrows and wearing an enigmatic smile.

Remus snapped his head to Gen so quickly that his cheek could have been given whiplash and raised his eyebrows so far up they were almost hidden in his messy hair. "You fancy him?"

Remus mentally cursed himself for asking a little too quickly, hoping she wouldn't catch on. She didn't, but James did.

Gen scrunched her nose up. "No, I don't fancy him. Sirius just enjoys winding people up," she denied, giving Sirius a side a glance full of warning.

As an effort to avoid the conversation they were having Gen turned to Remus again. "Do you have any chocolate on you by any chance?"

He grinned and reached into his pocket, pulling out an already opened and half eaten chocolate bar. "When do I not?" he replied, snapping off a bit and handing some to everyone.

Gen took a bite and fell in love with it immediately. "When we go to Hogsmeade remind me to get some of this, it's amazing," she told him.

James snapped his fingers from where he was, directing Genevieve to pay attention to him. "Scoot over, I have news," he announced.

She did as she was told and moved to the side so James could lay down aswell. He laid next to her and sighed, "Much more comfortable than standing."

"The news James," Gen exaggeratedly cried out, knowing that if she didn't bring it back up he would probably end up talking about anything but that.

In fact, she was sure James (and Sirius) had undiagnosed ADHD.

"Oh yes! You didn't make it to the end of your tryouts-"

"Well obviously else I wouldn't be here," she monotonously stated.

"Shush your mush and let me talk," James grumbled.

She made an action of zipping her lips and throwing away a key which earned her a fake smile from him.

"Carrying on, even though you didn't last long the only other people who were aiming for beater was a completely clueless 6th year and a couple of lads that were told to run along by Emmie because they were shocking," he grinned.

She wasn't quite catching on and raised an eyebrow confusingly at him. "So?"

"So" he emphasised and paused for dramatic effect but when he realised that it didn't work he just carried on "The only people who really have a shot at a space on the team is you-" he prodded her nose "the lovely Padfoot over here-" he shook Sirius' hand from where he was "and It."

"It being Hunter," Sirius added.

"It's not likely he will get a space anyway," Remus joined in the conversation, bringing his elbows onto his knees and resting his head in his palms.

"Why not?" Peter asked, completely clueless.

"Well his first impression wasn't the grandest, was it Wormtail?"

"Ohh"

・゚: *・゚:*

a/n: i always feel so cool writing authors notes cause like i'm just sat there thinking 'huh i'm an author' but anyway

i only just remembered that (from what i know of) sirius james and peter turned into animagi in their 5th year and that's when they developed nicknames and my mind went completely blank and forgot about that so JUST FORGET THAT FOR A MOMENT AND PRETEND THEY BECAME ANIMAGI IN THEIR FOURTH YEAR.

i'm so sorry to all my fellow englishmen because i update at night and it's probably an inconvenience but THE IDEAS COME IN THE MORNING BUT THE MOTIVATION COMES AT NIGHT!!

make sure to get something to eat and have a nice day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 288 10
𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊, 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒆 ❞ 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐨𝐜 𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚! 𝐲...
681K 23.1K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...
619 26 20
Y/n L/n is accepted into Hogwarts where she meets the Marauders. Having already known Peter Pettigrew from her parents friends, she is welcomed by th...
1.5M 45.8K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20