The Wildcard Of Terra

By LuckyAceHigh

"I've been called many things, but so help me, "polite" will never be one of them"- Operator Spade, upon bein... More

Bio
Spade File #2 (Guard)
Spade File #3 (Supporter)
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9: Call Me... Dredgen
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 32

893 12 0
By LuckyAceHigh

Location: Lungmen Slums

Omega: So what's the plan?

Seraph: It's simple. I'll freeze, you'll burn.

Omega smirks as he tosses a grenade in his hand while Seraph summons a crystal staff in his right hand.

Seraph: Let's do this.

Seraph then casts three ice-bolts from his staff at the Reunion soldiers, freezing them while slowing those close to them.

Reunion Caster: What the hell?! Why can't I move?!

Reunion Member: It's coming from his staff! Stop him!

Those that weren't slowed but still had some little remnants of ice focused on Seraph. Omega steps forward with the grenade in hand as he watches their movement.

Omega: Let's turn up the heat!

Omega then throws the grenade to the ground, sends forward a burning line of fire. Those caught in the fire immediately burned while those that were frozen then explode into shards killing those next to them.

Reunion Caster: AAAAAAAGHHH!!! IT BURNS!!! IT BURNS!!!!

Seraph: Oi, you better find some cover. Because things are about to get... MESSY.

Crownslayer takes cover as Seraph actives his shadebinder, covering his body in ice as the staff enhances. The area was cover in ice as Seraph launches projectiles of ice everywhere, freezing everything that made contact, including Reunion members. He then cast a shockwave that destroyed those who were frozen.

Seraph: That was easy... Oi! Are you finished with your leftovers yet!

Omega: Nearly done. Be patient, genius.

Omega unloads his Sunshot into the soldiers, causing them to explode. Once he ran out of bullets, Omega then summons a flaming hammer.

Omega: Stop! HAMMER TIME!!

Throwing his hammers, fiery explosions happen as the Reunion member explodes to the chain reaction that is going on as their bodies burn from the sunspots.  

Seraph: Now that is over. Let's go search for that idiot. 

Omega: Da, he owns me money for our bet.

Seraph: Jeez, can't you just let it go already?

Omega: Nyet, who's fault is it when the streets were in chaos when I was drunk?

Seraph: Touché. 

Omega: Anyway, you there.

Omega points his Sunshot at Crownslayer who was holding the Colonel.

Omega: Where's Spade?

Crownslayer: Who the fuck are you?!?

Omega: Omega. Now tell me where Spade is or else I'll blow you up!

Seraph steps in front of Omega and lightly pushes him away.

Seraph: Are you crazy?! Blow her up and you'll take out the Colonel as well! If Spade finds out that you killed the Colonel he'll be piss!?

Omega: ...Oh shit you're right.

Omega realizes as he hostlers his gun as Seraph sighs.

Seraph: Look just let me do the talking.

Omega: Fine... But I'll be the bad cop next time.

Seraph: Oh, shut up.

Seraph turns to Crownslayer before asking.

Seraph: Sorry about him he's a bit of a... brute. What's your name.

Crownslayer: Crownslayer.

Omega: Heh, what a stupid name.

Crownslayer: ...What?

Seraph: Okay, can both of you stop fighting for a sec!? We're trying to find out where Spade is!?

The two stop as they turn their heads away and click their tongue. 

Seraph: Now back to the main question. Where's Spade?

Crownslayer: Umm... I don't- I don't know where...

Seraph: ....

Crownslayer: Mr. Seraph...?

Seraph: Welp... This was a waste of time. Omega grab Colonel and let's get out of here.

Crownslayer: Huh?! Wait-!

Suddenly, a knife landed right between Seraph and Omega, surprising them as they turn to the newcomers.

Seraph and Omega: Who?

A Lupo in a winter jacket dropped to the floor, quickly retrieving the knife, and storing it back. Another pair of footsteps grabbed their attention.

???: I found them... Kal'tsit...

Kal'tsit: Hello, gentlemen.

Meanwhile with Spade

Spade: BLAZE!!! Where the hell are you going?!?! Tch...! Greythroat! After me!

Greythroat: Affirmative.

The two chased Blaze through the tight alleyways, it got so tight that Spade had to travel on the rooftop while Greythroat stayed back.

Spade: Found her! Greythroat, go around that corner!

Spade saw Blaze being surrounded by three figures in cloaks, one of them had strings coming out of their fingers, the second had red and blue lighting dancing across their staff, the tallest and biggest one stood there, menacingly.

Spade Thoughts: Oh, great more players to this game of chess. At this point, I have given up on what to expect. 

???3: I highly suggest we kill them.

Spade: Whelp, better get to it.

Spade leans forward and lets himself fall, he outstretched his hand forward and touched the floor, he then twisted his body to completely stand upright.

When he stood upright, Spade pulls out Hawkmoon and twirled it around, before aiming at the group of three.

Spade: Back off! Get any closer and I'll blow your head off!

The first figure retracted their strings back into the sleeves of their cloaks.

???: Impressive. You must be Spade.

Spade: What of it? You want me to play with you or something?

The air was tense as the four enter a standoff. One of the figures felt fear when they sense the pressure Spade was letting out.

???2: Do not interfere with official business. Take care that I lump you in with the others.

Spade: Hmph, care to repeat that, Leizi? 

Spade revealed, surprising the second cloaked figure known as Leizi. 

???: We can testify that you are acting in coordination with Reunion.

Spade: Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, man. But as you could see, I'm protecting my friend here from your harassment. Is it because she's infected? If so, that wasn't very cash money of you. Besides, I had a hidden camera somewhere in this area that is recording this very moment.

Spade bluff, but it seems to work as the cloaked figures seemed hesitant to attack.

Ch'en: That's enough, Spade.

Spade: Hm? Oh, hello, Ch'en.

Ch'en seemed to appear from a corridor, her expression as strict as ever, even when slightly injured.

Ch'en: How much more do you need to see?

Ch'en asks directly to the cloaks. Once they calmed down, they spoke to Ch'en in a calm voice, but Spade could still hear the anger in their voice.

Leizi: Speak with the utmost respect. We are still nearly complete on our assessment of Lungmen's risk control capabilities.

Spade: What are you talk-

Ch'en: Then I'll rephrase it: "Are enjoying our suffering? Do you relish the screams of my comrades as they lose their lives? Do you get aroused at the scent of the blood of my kin?"

The three didn't say anything much to Ch'en amusement. 

Ch'en: If you have nothing to say, then go back to Yen like the loyal dogs you're portrayed as.

Spade hostler his gun and approaches one of them, raising his hand, engaging in a polite handshake.

Spade: Sorry about that. It got out of hand.

???: It was no problem, we too have those days.

Spade laughs a bit as he retracts his hand.

Spade: I hope we meet again. And let's make it our last one.

???: Right...

The three cloaks hurried off and out of his sight. Spade lets out a light chuckle.

Spade: Hah... That's right... You better run...

End Of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 345 10
A UsUk cardverse, where the Queen Of Spades has yet to be found. Arthur lived a normal life in the Diamond Kingdom, with one of his brothers, Jett...
113K 5.1K 20
แด„แด€แดœ๊œฑแด‡ ษช'แด แด‡ ษขแดแด› แด€ ส™สŸแด€ษดแด‹ ๊œฑแด˜แด€แด„แด‡ ส™แด€ส™ส, แด€ษดแด… ษช'สŸสŸ แดกส€ษชแด›แด‡ สแดแดœส€ ษดแด€แดแด‡. ------ "Why did you just give me the ten of spades? that wasn't even my card." ...
346K 7K 194
You were one of the first freelancers and one of the best you could never fill a mission no matter what happens you always succeed no matter who you...
40.8K 1.5K 13
Cardverse! Omegaverse! Farmer boy and Alpha, Alfred F. Jones runs into the lost Queen of the Spade Kingdom, and helps him get back to the castle. The...