More than just Chocolates and...

Por gllnnbbth

The Hopeless Romantic meets Miss Bitter * * * He believes in love at first sight. She believes that love bri... Más

| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| Epilogue |

| 9 |

28 1 0
Por gllnnbbth

Eversince that grocery incident, I had been avoiding Chase for the past few days. I was stucked inside my house for like, everyday. I wasn't always on the mood to go out or do something productive so I just stayed inside.

I didn't tell Jen about that incident and about the girl that Chase is with. I'm not yet ready for anothet round of pity from my bestfriend just like what happened two years ago.

Flashback..

I was preparing myself for a very special event. Our 2nd anniversary. Jen is with me, helping with my hair and doing my make-up. We were in my room creating chaos as I prepare for tonight.

"Can you believe it? Time flies so fast. Two years ago, you were just merely strangers at school and now, you're celebrating your 2nd anniversary!" Jen squeeled as she reminisced the past.

"I know right. The wonders of destiny and love." I replied, smiling.

"Ooooooh.. Someone's inspired." she said as she started poking my side.

"I'm just happy munchkin. Who would've thought that we'd go this far, right?"

"I'm happy for you, too cupcake. You deserve all the happines in the world." my bestfriend said, hugging me.

"Okay. This is enough. Let's not get emotional now, shall we? I'm not planning on redoing my make up over again." I said as I tried not to cry.

"You're right. Tonight's a happy night. Go enjoy yourself. Call me later, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks munchkin." I said hugging Jen for the final time before going out.

"Anything for you, cupcake. I gotta run. Enjoy!" she said as she waved her hand and drove away.

This is it. The big night.

* * *
Charles invited me to this romantic place along the beach. He said to just go there and wait for him.

I arrived five minutes early before the time. Excited, huh? Yeah. I am.

I scanned the area but was disappointed to find that there were no romantic lightings and candlelight dinner. Something tells me there's something wrong.

'Maybe Charles is just hiding in here somewhere carrying a boquet of roses. Think positive Kylie." I thought to myself.

Then I heard footsteps. I decided to turn around and was shocked to see Charles standing a few feet away from me. What shocked me more is that he's only wearing his usual black, V-neck t-shirt and some faded jeans. He's not even holding anything.

Recovering from my shock, I joked,

"You look ravishing."

He stepped a few steps towards me and looked me intently in the eye. I see pain and sadness in those golden orbs. Why? This is supposed to be a happy night. Right?

"Ky..."

"What's wrong, babe?"

He just shrugged and said, "I'm sorry."

"No.. No.. No.. You don't have to apologize. I totally understand about this lack of preparations. I know you've been busy. I was just excited so I dressed up like I'm going to a freaking prom but it's totally good babe." I said as I tried to touch his face but he backed away.

This lone gesture hurt me.

I looked at him and noticed that he was fidgetting. He always do mannerisms like that when he's got some bad news. Then, one single sentence knocked all available oxygen in my body.

"I'm breaking up with you."

Suddenly, all the happiness I felt vanished into thin air. My mind couldn't grasp what he was saying. I just stood there, frozen and rooted on the ground.

Then he said,

"I know I should have told you sooner but I can't will myself to tell you. You were so happy..."

I found my voice and said with heavy breaths,

"I am happy. We were happy."

"I am not happy anymore, Ky."

Then I felt like my heart's been ripped out of my system. It hurts. My lungs starts to malfunction because it suddenly became so hard to breathe. All I can hear was the pounding of my heart as it willed itself to stay strong and keep its shit together.

"Is there someone else?"

Charles looked away as I finished the question. There you have it Ky. Actions speak louder than words, indeed.

"I'm sorry." he just said instead.

I didn't even bother to say goodbye as I forced my feet to move. I ran to my car and just stayed there.

Then, all of a sudden, all the shock had gradually vanished and the impact of the events slapped me hard like a hollowblock.

The tears that I was holding a while ago started streaming down my face as I tried to breathe. My heart seemed like it's going to explode.

He broke up with me. For another girl.

Then all my defenses came crashing down as I cried my heart out inside my car.

I drove home with a clouded mind. I was even puzzled of the fact that I arrived home safely.

* * *
I stayed inside my house for very a long time after that night. I cut off every communications I had from the outside world. I shut myslelf completely.

I only allowed one person to see me. Jen. My bestfriend never left me. She was always there cheering me up and taking care of me when I decided to just stop living. She saw what a mess I was after the break up. I let myself fall apart knowing that I had my bestfriend with me. She never gave up.

It took a while when I realized that my life can't be over just because of that stupid break up. I swore to myself that I will never let myself be fooled again by those good-for-nothing bastards.

I fixed myself. I eliminated all the connections I had with Charles. Even our common friends. I changed my cirlce. And with Jen beside me, I coped up from that awful heartache.

End of flashback...

And just when I decided to love again, destiny played his cards on me and now, I'm broken.. Again.

And worst, we were never together to start with. Stupid four-letter word!

* * *

Jen must've realized something was wrong when I didn't reply to her texts, answered her calls, and her facebook messages.

She decided to drop by and pay me a visit.

A knock on my door woke me up from my slumber. I peeked from my covers and saw my mom's face. My parents had already arrived yesterday from the business trip.

"Jen's here."

"Thanks mom. Please send her here."

The moment Jen's eyes landed on my current situation, she frowned.

"What the hell is happening to you?!"

"I'm fucked up Jen." I said, forcing myself not to cry.

Her face finally softened and came running to my side as she hugged me.

"What? Why? What happened cupcake?"

"Chase."

"What? What about him?" she asked confused.

I hesitated for a moment but then realized that if there's anyone I could trust with this kind of problem, it was my bestfriend.

"He's with a girl."

She looked shocked. But then, recovered and said,

"Oh, cupcake.."

She hugged me so tight and that's when my walls came crashing down. I cried my heart out. I cried for my broken heart. I cried for my loss of a happy life. I cried. I cried like a child and Jen just stayed there, comforting me.

This looks like de ja vu. The very first time I had my heart broken and it was Jen who helped me get through it.

Indeed, I am blessed for having her as my bestfriend.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.7K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
178K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
220K 9.9K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
1.6M 38.2K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...