For as Sick as it May Seem

By timebomber666

Growing up, Corianne Stanley knew Christopher Cerulli as her next door neighboor and the older brother of the... More

1 - I Saw Your Eyes
2 - The Urge is Getting Stronger
3 - Unstoppable
4 - Stung by the Wasp
5 - My Heart is a Timebomb
6 - I Will Break You Carefully
7 - The Distance Kills Me
8 - Lust Verses Love
9 - Until Your Heart Caves In
10 - Love is Like Fire (Trigger Warning)
11 - You are All That I Have Left
12 - Black
13 - The Pain We Love
14 - Goodbye
15 - You Could Never Understand Me
16 - We'll Sing Forever
17 - Undress Your Body (Explicit Content)
18 - This Place That I Call Home
19 - Santa's Pissed
20 - I Don't Know Where Home is Anymore
22 - They Will Surely Take You Away From Me
23 - This is a Love Song
24 - I Know Our Future
25 - Don't Say Goodbye
26 - Forever and Always
Behind The Scenes
Alternate Endings
I'll make you a deal...
New Story!

21 - Push Passed Everything

420 29 2
By timebomber666

Well, Cory managed to make it through the week. Today was Saturday. Cory loved Saturdays, because it meant she got to go sing at the café. It also meant she got to sleep in.

However, that sleeping in got slighlty interrupted by a small dog licking her hand.

Cory blinked a couple times, tiredly, "Wednesday..." She whines before sitting, "Okay, I'm up, I'm up. You happy now?"

Cory grabs her glasses off the night stand and puts them on. She throws the covers aside, then stands and stretches. She quickly makes the bed, then walks downstairs with Wednesday following.

Cory feeds Wednesday, then jumps in the shower. The water woke her up and made her feel more energized and ready to the day. After she showered, Cory dried her hair and put it in a high pony tail on top of her head. She applied some simple, quick makeup. Her outfit consisted of a Metallica T-shirt, black skinny jeans, converse, and a black hoodie; and of course, her promise ring. Her outfit was simple, but she was pleased with it.

Cory put her guitar in it's case, made sure she had everything else, then decided to head out.

"You be good, Wednesday." Cory says before walking out.

x

Cory walks into the café with a smile on her face. She'd eaten salads at school all week so she could get two of the amazing doughnuts here for breakfast with her vanilla latte. She was also in a bit of a better mood today, and ready to sing.

Once Cory got her food and coffee, she sat down in one of the lounge chairs. No one went up to the mic to sing this time. Cory also noticed that a lot of other people in the cafe were passing glances at her. Cory supposed she had become somewhat known here in the weeks she'd been coming here. Were they waiting for her to go up? Or were they just staring at her for her odd appearence as people usually did?

Once Cory finished up, she decided she should go up. Cory stood, grabbed her guitar and walked up to the empty space of the café where the mic stood with a stool next to it, waiting for someone to sing into it. Cory got her guitar out of its case and put the strap arouond her. She then sat on the stool and faced the microphone.

"Hey, can everyone hear me?" She asks into the mic.

The majority of the people turned their heads, so Cory assumed that they could.

"Awesome." Cory says, "This song's one of my favorites and I hope I can make it one of yours. This song's called 'Snuff'." She says. A beat later, she begins strumming her guitar to the song she loved so much. She then began to sing.

Bury all your secrets in my skin

Come away with innocence

And leave me with my sins

The air around me still feels like a cage

And love is just a camouflage

For what resembles rage, again...

So if you love me, let me go

And run away before I know

My heart is just too dark to care

I can't destroy what isn't there

Deliver me into my fate

If I'm alone, I cannot hate

I don't deserve to have you

Mmm...My smile was taken long ago

If I can change, I hope I never know

Cory's fingers plucked the strings as most everyone in the café was watching her. Some were silently singing or mouthing the words because they new them. Others were simply listening.

I still press your letters to my lips

And cherish them in parts of me

That savor every kiss

I couldn't face a life without your light

But all of that was ripped apart

When you refused to fight

So save your breath, I will not care

I think I've made it very clear

You couldn't hate enough to love

Is that supposed to be enough?

I only wish you weren't my friend

Then I could hurt you in the end

I never claimed to be a saint

Ooh, my hope was banished long ago

It took the death of hope to let you go

There was one person in particular that was watching Cory quite closely, observing her. They liked what they saw. She was perfect...

Ohh!

So break yourself against my stones

And spit your pity in my soul

You never needed any help

You sold me out to save yourself

And I won't listen to your shame

You ran away, you're all the same

Angels lie to keep control

Ooh, my love was promised long ago

If you still care, don't ever let me know...

x

Cory sang two more songs, then decided to take a break and grab another cup of coffee. She sat down and relaxed, then noticed an older gentlemen in a suit walk her way. He was dark skinned and his hair was graying; he had a kind smile on his face. Cory tries to perk up a bit as he approaches her.

"Hello. You're Corianne Stanley, yes?"

"That's me."

"Pleasure to meet you. My name is Donivan Ross. May I?" He asks, asking for permission to sit. Cory nods.

Donivan sits and gives Cory a smile, "I heard from a collegue of mine that you came and sang here on Saturdays and he said that I just had to hear you."

Cory smiles, "Well, I'm flattered." She says.

"Are you still in high school?"

"Yes. I'm a senior."

"Have you ever thought about college?"

Cory sips her coffee, then swallows, "No, not really." She answers, honestly.

"Well, maybe you should start." Donivan says, "I'm a talent scout from the Butler School of Music, and I think you'd make an excellent student."

Cory's eyes widen, "Really?"

He nods, "Yes. Have any other talent scouts approached you?"

"No."

"Well, great! Although I must say, I am quite surprised to hear that. You're a very talented girl, Miss Stanley; I think you'd make a fine student at Butler. After seeing that performance, I'm thinking early enrollment; maye even a scholarship."

Cory blinks, "This is all very kind of you to offer, but I'm going to have to think about it."

"Oh, of course! There's no rush at all. Maybe we could set up a meeting with you and your parents to discuss all of this."

"Well see, my parents aren't really, uh, alive at the moment, so I don't think that would work." Cory says, "I live with my boyfriend, but he's out of town at the moment. His band is on a headlining tour."

"Oh, your boyfriend is a musician too; I'm sure he'll be thrilled for you."

"I'll definitely have to talk to him about it, but he won't be home for a while."

"No problem. Take as much time as you need. It's only winter still. But if we really need to convince you to go to Butler, I'm sure they'd be willing to offer you a scholarship."

Cory takes this in, "Really?"

"Yes. In fact, I'm going to be in town again on April 2nd. I will be at this cafe at noon. If I see another performance as good as that one you just did, we just may consider offering you a full-ride scholarship."

Cory's mouth falls open, "Are you serious?"

"Yes. I hope to hear from you soon, Corianne."

"It's Cory, actually."

Donivan nods, "Cory." He repeats, "Do you have any further questions for me?"

"Well, you've sort of neglected to tell me where exactly the school is located."

"Oh! My apologies."

"No worries. So where is it?"

x

Cory runs into Hot Topic, "Mandy!"

The blue and pink haired girl looks up, "Cory? What are you dong here? It's your day off." Mandy says, walking up to Cory.

"I need advice."

"Cory, honey, you know I love you, but I'm kinda working here."

"It's a code red."

"WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAD WITH THAT?!" Mandy yells. She points to someone, "You! Cover my shift!"

"I don't even work here!"

"Well find someone who does and tell them to cover my shift!" Mandy exclaims.

Mandy takes Cory's hand - or wrist, rather - and pulls her out of the store.

"So what is it? What's the emergency? Are you failing school? Is Chris breaking up with you? Are you pregnant?! IS DAVID SCHWIMMER IN TOWN?!"

Cory blinks, "School is fine, Chris and I are fine, I am NOT pregnant, and why do you ask about David Schwimmer every time I have a code red?"

"Because if I say it enough, one day, it might actually happen."

"What would David Schwimmer even be doing in Scranton?"

"Giving me autographs so I can get them tattooed on me and taking a bazillion pictures with me."

Cory pauses, "But how would you - you know what, nevermind. Can we talk about my problem now?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Okay. So I sang at the café today. When I finished, this guy in a suit walked up to me, saying he was a talent scout from the Butler School of Music. He said he'd heard about me from a collegue and he that he loved my performance. So much that he wants me to go to this school that he works for. If he likes my performance the next time he's in town, he said that the school could potentially end up offering me a full-ride scholarship to the school."

Mandy's eyes widen, "Oh my God! Cory, that's so incredible!"

"Yeah, but..."

Mandy's face softens, as she knows that something is wrong, "But what?"

Cory swallows, "The school is in Texas."

A/N: Dun dun dun...

Hate me? Love me? Did ya see it coming?

If you don't know 'Snuff' by Slipknot then you are doing everything in your life wrong and I demand you listen to it when you finish reading this because it's the best song ever and it makes my heart hurt.

Chapter Title From: Devils Night by MIW.

QOTD: Name a line from a song that currently describes your life. Mine is "This is another life, built upon the sand" from Built Upon the Sand by Stick to Your Guns. The reason being is I live a double life, or "another life". I have a different wardrobe, personality, and even a different name for each of my "lives" and I hate it. I obviously can't give away either of my names for privacy reasons but one starts with H and one starts with D and...I hate it. I want to live my life with my birthgiven name and my personality and...I can't. *sigh*

So what do you guys think Cory is gonna do? Is she going to go to the school, or will she stay behind? What's Chris going to say when he finds out about it?

Let me know!

xoxo, Scissorhands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 2.7K 49
On complete accident, Chris Cerulli became a father at the tender age of 20 with his girlfriend at the time, Carlie. He named his daughter Riley, and...
3.2K 73 49
Haven Cerulli is Chris Motionless's sister and has always been around the band. When her boyfriend breaks more than her heart and Chris can't be what...
10.1K 344 37
Charlotte Montgomery's an average twenty five year old woman, who's trying to make it in New York with her best friend Max Peterson. Recently Charlot...
24.4K 1K 29
Meet Jennifer Ruiz. An 24 year old girl who has had a rough time as a teen mom and is currently in search for a new job. Meet Chris Cerulli. Better k...