The Queen's Curse

By euphyrys

The Queen's Curse by @euphyrys A Greek Mythology Story Previously known as Through Golden Blood ••• The Quee... More

New Cover!
zero | Characters
one | Alone
two | Meeting
three | Control
four | Longing
five | Hera's heart
six | Cause & Effect
seven | Small Gestures
eight | Trip down Memory lane
nine | Winter Solstice
ten | Ichor Tears
Title/Cover update (Through Golden Blood)
eleven | First Mortal
twelve | Solace
thirteen | Vulnerable
fourteen | Thunder Temple
sixteen | Moments shared, moments cherished
seventeen | New Year

fifteen | Tormenting the Queen

1.6K 39 17
By euphyrys

WARNING: There are minor mature scenes later at the end.

Also, listen to the song :)

Tormenting the Queen

The intoxicating and luscious smell of mixed and divinely made alcohol lingered in the atmosphere, together with the muskiness and sweat that overpowers Dionysus' finest booze. The music, continuously slow and seductive, resonated around the room filled with the male deities of Olympus and nymphs under the service of the god of wine. The place was the private club of the gods located at the southern wing of the palace. A drinking parlor of sorts for the gentlemen.

Zeus sat on one of the single settees by the window, a drink in hand containing a 100-year-old scotch whisky. Though the smell of alcohol envelops his form, his mind was elsewhere. His mind was on certain ginger who disappeared on him right after capturing her plump addicting lips with a kiss for the first time in a long while.

His queen. She was gone for over seven moons now. Though her mind may have accepted and responded to his telepathic messages, his concern was ever-growing. It did not put his mind at ease when she informed him of her leave and settling personal matters in the mortal world. What might it be? They have always been informing each other of their secrets and concerns in the past. Now, they have grown apart and refused to confide in each other. The thought made his heart clench knowing that it was his fault for everything that had transpired between them.

Hera was a powerful goddess. Defending herself against enemies will be like second nature to her.

"I'm confident she can protect herself but that does not dismiss the fact that she can still be harmed in any way..." He muttered softly to himself. He shook his head and inclined the drink in his hand towards his mouth. The burning feeling traveled down inside him.

"Trouble in paradise, your Grace?" A seductive voice inquired. No doubt a sky nymph that longed for the Lord of the Sky's touches and ignorantly refuses to acknowledge the Queen's wrath upon his mistresses. On the other hand, Zeus did not respond to the nymph's phrase and simply stared out into space.

Her body swayed and proceeded on her advances, seeing the King's immobilized and distracted state, the nymph took advantage of the King. The flow of her hips matched the tempo of the background music. It was gradual and seductive, yet it did not appease the King of Olympus when he snapped out of his trance. His mind swirled as he made comparisons. The raspy voice of his mistresses to the sultry tone of Hera's voice. Dark curly strands to his Queen's ginger red wavy locks. Sky blue eyes similar to his own in comparison to her warm hazel orbs. Thinly anorexic to perfectly etched figure. Even the sensual movements made him cringe. Their eyes would hold desire and lustful gazes would be thrown towards his direction but with her, it was always accompanied with intoxicating passion and genuine affection that was intertwined with his soul. He always wondered why he often drifted when he had perfection in his hold and the woman who would love him for eternity. The King would always divert his attention to other women even with the presence of his lovely goddess. He was never satisfied with his immortal life and it was something he needed to finally address as it affected his marriage, most especially his wife.

He pondered on these thoughts for years and it has been arduous, especially since he's finally having a dose of his reality. Something was happening with his wife which is why he needs to get to the bottom of it. Her eyes were empty and devoid of emotion. His heart clenched at the thought of her hurting, after all these years she had endured everything he has done.

The kiss. The kiss they shared in the Thunder Temple. It was addicting and his heart sought its home. As nostalgic it was, it wasn't returned no matter how passionate it seemed. And to take into consideration Hera's adverse reaction afterward. The tone of her voice and the slight curve of her lips. He retained it all.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he felt the single touch of seduction creeping its way onto his thigh. With a flick of his wrist, the nymph was forcefully removed from him. The look of surprise did not faze him, especially when his mind was on something else entirely. Without a second thought, he stood from the settee, dismissing the disappointed nymph as he rushed towards the doors of the parlor. Along the way, he paid no mind to any of the strange looks thrown at his way.

•••

The moment she huffed, smoke formed in front of her. It was winter and snow-filled the grounds she was walking on. The grassy terrain was a lighter shade of brown and the trees appeared arid.

The area was freezing for a mere mortal. Hera had her quilted coat made out of lion fur draped around the entirety of her back while her boots dragged into the remnant mixtures of dirt and snow.

No one was around. The only sound she could perceive was the gust of the wind.

When she reached her destination, she crouched down on her knees. Her Majesty was at the edge where the land meets the lake waters but instead of her gloved hand being doused, it settled upon the icy and hardened surface of the lake. Without a second thought, she stood and stepped onto it which assured her its completely frozen state. Lake Baikal was located north of the Mongolian border and it is known for being one of the world's great natural wonders. Her feet led her to the center portion of the lake.

Hera paused. Her hazel orbs fluttered shut as she knelt. There was a flash, her palms illuminated and formed a bright orb filled with heat. Momentarily, the Queen dropped the orb that melted the ice before her.

The power of the lake's core reacted to her presence as the ground began to quake. With a wave of her hand, movements stopped at her command. The orb served as the light underneath the lake as it began to absorb the water of its core. Within minutes, the orb emerged with its brightness vanishing and its contents sealed in a tiny vial trapped within Hera's grasp.

Once more, she waved her hand, restoring the melted structure and the hole vanishing. She proceeded on removing any sort of evidence that the frozen lake has been tampered with by an entity. Darkness shrouded the area, save for the presence of the crescent moon and millions of flickering stars.

Peace was interrupted as soon as it was received. As she was climbing up the hill, chills crept into her flawless skin, sensing more than one presence.

She turned and faced five mortals. They were dressed in winter clothing. All were males.

The Queen was about to wave her hand to conceal herself and erase the memories of them encountering her, but then, she noticed something out of the ordinary. As she looked closer, the eyes of the mortals were pitch black and they were depicting odd behaviors. She could perceive high-pitched screeching sounds from their throat, resonating in the dark of the night which caused her to contort her facial expression in irritation. There were waves of negative and dark energy emitting from the group. It was then the Queen realized what they were.

The dark chills she felt were already an indication of their identities.

Without wasting another second one of them lashed out and lunged towards her direction, purposefully releasing their power, attempting to blind the Queen. It was a quick offense on their part but drastically underestimated her power. She summoned her double-edged sword and formed light to draw away the darkness. The sword assisted as it consumed her energy and successfully disintegrated one of them by beheading the mortal they attached their spirits into.

The remaining four proceeded on attacking her in all directions. They had no limits. They fought her without fear as they are beings who consume negativity. Evil and demonic laughs could be heard. One of them broke their victim's arm and used the sharp edge as a weapon. It was inhumane. They had no shame for the body they occupied.

Black strips developed and formed into a sharper edge laced with venom, which temporarily harms a deity. Hera was careful enough to avoid it.

They were no match for her. Millennia of experience, one of the rulers of heaven, and a daughter of Cronus and Rhea, evil spirits that possess mortals were merely a waste of sweat.

They are called the cacodæmones. Known as "evil spirits" of the underworld. Most of them were locked up by her brother, Hades, as they kept on tormenting and torturing human souls and other spirits. They are cruel beings. Most fled into Tartarus for safety. If they were walking on Earth and torturing mortal souls, then they were released with the aid of another entity or the guards of Tartarus weren't taking their responsibilities seriously.

The Queen was able to capture three of the cacodæmones, now in their true forms. One of them was able to escape into thin air. The last one remained trapped in a battered mortal body, laughing maniacally and eyes tearing with blood instead of salty water.

With them entrapped possessing a mortal form, gods can command them to answer their questions truthfully. The Queen used this as an opportunity. Her eyes blazed in fury as she scanned around the area, looking at the ruined corpses. Her hand clenched around the neck forcefully and solely had its attention focused on her.

With her tone laced with utmost command, she said, "What is your purpose for your presence in the land of Gaea, torturing and purposefully drifting mortal souls away from the solace of the underworld?"

The gust of harsh wind and heavy landing didn't escape her ears even if her attention remained on the spirit, with the evident glow of her golden eyes.

"We... have been... bestowed the... opportunity and freedom to torment... The Queen Herself!" Without a second thought, the newcomers wasted no time in collecting the remaining spirit from the mortal body, leaving their Queen with a corpse. It was silent. Millions of questions occupied her mind.

The evil spirits were there for her.

The lost souls were because of her even if she was unaware of their reason.

It was still her fault.

They were meant to torment her.

Her fists clenched and her eyes hardened in realization.

"Your Majesty." Two voices greeted her with her title. Her knees were on the solid ground, in between the mortal corpse, as she forced herself to regain her composure.

When she stood and turned, she was greeted with the presence of the winged deities of death.

Thanatos and Macaria. Deities of nonviolent and blessed death. They were an intriguing pair as Thanatos was a servant of her brother. Macaria was the daughter of Hades and Persephone, and her gentle touch, no doubt came from her mother. A much more merciful counterpart of Thanatos. Their matrimony was blessed by Hera herself, where she witnessed the purity of their love in the ceremony. Both of their domains complimented each other. Seeing their presence, working alongside one another brought a different sense of comfort to the goddess of marriage. Their union was still intact unlike other marriages that she witnessed, it was one of a kind.

They were dressed in thick harnesses and patches of dark leather with their wings, black and white, folded behind their back. Malaria was a fairly young goddess with fair skin. Her hair was a lighter shade of corn-yellow, similar to Demeter's, where wavy locks settled on her waist, and her eyes, a replica of the King of Underworld's pair of orbs. On the other hand, his was a more warm and moderate tan skin tone, similar to an olive. His eyes were undeniably an earthly brown and his dark hair as long as the blessed death deity's.

As their gaze settled on the Queen, their heads bent in respect. Hera regarded them with a wave of dismissal. The rest of the spirits have already been collected by the deities which left them with the corpses of the mortals. The Queen immediately flicked her wrist where the bodies were buried underground and their gravestones on top.

"Status update?"

"Your Majesty, except for the five possessed mortals in this area, there were other mortals who lost their souls in other locations. This includes Palau, where fourteen souls were forcibly taken, while nine were noted in Eritrea. The reason for their actions was unknown until recently as witnessed from the cacodæmones Her Majesty commanded. It is unknown if the other spirits' intention varies from what transpired in this area. This will be presently reported to the rulers of the Underworld upon recognition of our arrival in our territory.

Any additional information, your Majesty?" Macaria stated monotonously. Her counterpart remained silent the entire time.

When Her Majesty inclined her head to the side, she could discern the reason for his silence as the corner of his eye was focused on the vial secured within her belt. She did not let this faze her as she openly glared at the dark-haired. Thanatos gave her a curt nod as reassurance of his silence.

"None that are necessary. If Lord Hades wishes to question more regarding the matter, then I will gladly receive them." The two-winged deities of death bowed and curtsied. Without wasting another second, their wings extended and both of them vanished into nothingness, leaving only a sudden squall of the wind.

Now, she was left to ponder alone with what had occurred earlier.

Was there a motive? Was she a target?

What is she missing in all of this?

What was their purpose for their undeniably intentional actions?

The evil spirits are arbitrary when it comes to their suspects. The places she visited before Lake Baikal... Eritrea and Palau...

They weren't accidental or even coincidental. They were after her, which only left a million more unanswered questions.

She felt her heart clench knowing that she indirectly causes demise and suffering among innocent mortals. No matter how much she despised them, she would not tolerate any unjustified harm directed towards their way.

She was the Queen of all the gods and humans and yet, souls were taken against their will, preventing them from achieving their desired afterlife. How long has it started since these events occurred? How many more innocents will lose their souls?

All for what?

To torment the Queen?

We have been bestowed the opportunity and freedom to torment the Queen herself.

An odd usage of words.

Opportunity and freedom...

To torment...

The Queen.

And they have succeeded by merely destroying the lives of her mortals. They were her responsibility and she had failed them once more.

Her focus should never have wavered. It is of dire importance to look after the well-being of everyone. It shouldn't be taken lightly. It was her duty to protect both immortal and mortal beings, which is why her selfishness needs to be set aside for the time being.

First things first, inform the council regarding the lost souls and work on a way to prevent such events from happening, alongside the deities and creatures of the underworld. She would have to speak with her brother.  Afterward, they will proceed on the search for the souls before they venture too far and lose the opportunity to have the afterlife they deserve and desire.

She could not let things go out of control again because of her.

As she materialized in the throne room, the thoughts lingered. No other immortals were present. Suppose it was understandable as it was already hours past midnight. Torches lit and burned as she walked through the halls, heat, and light illuminating the narrow paths. Forthwith, she halted the moment she reached her chambers. For the time being, she was relieved of the absence of the rainbow goddess. She did not wish her to be exposed when she was in her currently vulnerable state. Unfocused and distracted, the Queen was. Even her intake of breaths was shivering and uneven. Her fists were clenched at her sides and her eyes were threatening to shift from hazel to a blazing gold.

As she entered the living room portion of her private chambers, her mind was still not at ease, which was why she was unable to notice the littlest of things such as not noticing the absence of her husband's sleeping form on the settee and instead, the dim light coming from her bed chambers.

She removed the cloak and other accessories that protected her from the harsh winter until she was left with a blazer dress and see-through black stockings. The boots she wore were now placed on a drying mat. As she unveiled her hair, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her pale freckled skin and baggy tired and glassy eyes were enough for her throat to tighten as the events of the night still kept on rushing into her.

With that in mind, the doors of her bed chambers opened as she let herself in. She was greeted with the warm yellow glow of the desk lamp and the dark shadows of her husband's figure enveloping parts of the room. Papers were scattered on the surface of the desk and a few were trapped in between his fingers as he scanned them.

When the Queen entered the chambers, both were shocked at their presence. For Zeus, his queen has been away for days. For Hera, she did not expect him to be awake at this hour, working on reports inside their private chambers.

Her lips parted at the sight of him and his eyes followed the movement before he took in her haggard yet alluring appearance. There was an exhausted and defeated look on her face that he was not prepared to witness. She was always well-dressed and composed. Her countenance consisted of anguish and sorrow.

Forthwith, he stood and neared his wife. Yet, he was not greeted with any sort of movement. His eyebrows furrowed in wonder at his wife's lack of behavior or reaction towards him. She was left staring at him with those heavy tear-filled hazel orbs.

"Hera?" It was gentle and endearingly spoken.

"Are you... alright, dearest?" Many thoughts swerved in his direction as he thought of his wife in any sort of danger. And yet, as he scanned over her figure, he could not see any grazes or scrapes on her porcelain flesh. Nor was a limb of hers impaired in any way.

Once her gaze lifted to his electric bluish-grey eyes, she was filled with a sense of longing and comfort. Together with her troublesome thoughts of what transpired moments before, she was also overwhelmed with what happened between them for more than a week ago as it came rushing like a flood towards her. The feeling of his touch and lips enveloping the plump and sweet taste of hers with warmth.

She longed for him. For the touch that seemed to silence the hurricane that constantly came surging inside her, eradicating the remaining peace she had.

"Zeus." It was short but it lingered as it was uttered affectionately.

The Queen lifted her arm slowly. For a second, the King thought it was there reaching out for him. He was mistaken as without a second thought, she clenched her hand into a tight fist that caused him to fly to the nearest wall harshly but nonviolent. It knocked the air out of him and he appeared delirious as his queen came surging towards him. He anticipated turmoil and yet, he was greeted with something unexpected.

He was seemingly attached to the wall as he tried to move his arms to deflect what was headed his way. Instead of receiving harsh blows, his queen momentarily halted inches from him with the same expression she gave him moments before, except her eyes were swirling with golden specs of light and the warmest hazel glow.

In a blink of an eye, his eyes turned dark and stormy as he was greeted with the pressure of the softest lips capturing his. He was in shock and he was unable to respond to the gravity of what was occurring. His queen moved her soft rosy petulant plump ones with fine and fierce passion as he remained trapped in between her heat and the solid cemented wall.

However, it was disturbed once more when she harshly shoved him off towards the golden silky sheets of their king-sized bed. Before he could respond, the queen wasted no time in climbing on top of him which sent shocks of lustful electricity within their forms. It was undeniable as the Queen of the Gods had golden orbs filled with vehemence and fervor.

Her arms fluidly moved as she reached out to caress her husband from his cheeks to the edge of his shoulders. For a moment, she paused. Zeus was breathing intensely and waited for her next move. Instinctively, his hands reached to the sides of her waist. Her legs were already around his and they were tightly secured.

Hera leaned in and softly placed her lips on his cheek, gently tracing along his jaw with the heat of her nose tickling him. His breathing began to appear erratic and uneven. The heat of their energy was emitting from his skin and it was encouraging the Queen to go on further with her ministrations. As she traveled further, she halted at the base of his neck before diving in with her lips capturing a portion of it, sucking onto the surface as it began turning into a shade of golden brown.

The king sucked a deep breath. His mind was all over the place. He was already consumed with passion.

Without any warning, both of her hands seemed to rest on his top and proceeded on ripping the clothing apart, exposing the king's perfectly carved torso. "My queen..." He managed to utter but she only responded by warming him up with her lips as they trailed sultry kisses and proceeded on osculating his chest.

She diverted her attention back to his lips, harshly capturing them back into her own with the lingering taste of nectar and ambrosia. With the swerve of her tongue, they instantly felt the increase in their arousal as the queen moved and ground her body against his. His trapped length began elongating against the flooding warmth that settled on top of it.

He lifted his arms and immediately wrapped them around her curvy features, bringing her closer to him. When he felt his lip in between her teeth, he groaned against her.

Hera placed her hands on each side of his head and interlocked her fingers around the locks of his ebony hair.

There was a fine line between being distressed and being aroused.

The queen's next action caused him to come to this realization.

Hera pulled away from him and immediately unbuttoned the blazer dress, removing the fabric down her shoulders and onto the marble floor. She revealed what was underneath, which consisted of white lingerie attached to her stockings.

Picture not mine. Found in Pinterest. CTTO.

As soon as she captured Zeus' attention, and quite frankly caused his lips to part in astonishment, she continued unbuckling his belt.

This caused him to snap out of the trance she lured him in.

It was immediate. A button away. And yet, the king halted her movements. "Stop."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She tried once more by pushing his arms away. He controlled the situation by wrapping his legs around her and turning her over with his bulging arms. Now, the king was on top of the queen, trapped in between him and the fluffy pillows of the king-sized bed.

"You need to stop, dearest." He whispered while he was inches away from her. A soft caress on each side of her cheeks. It was then the Queen began to be relieved of the lustful trance she was in the entire time.

"...why?" She managed to croak out against the raspiness of her voice.

"You are in no position to indulge in... and act upon our carnal desires for the time being." The look in her eyes may have consisted of the longing and passion to have him but it was laced with the anguish caused by something else entirely.

A sob escaped her throat. One gaze upon the most beautiful woman he laid eyes on, he knew that she was troubled and exhausted. Her features contorted in pain and she was in no position to have anything else for the evening rather than the rest she needed.

He removed himself from on top of her before lifting her in his arms, gently settling her at the head of the bed. Golden tears were already welling in her eyes as he draped the comforter up to her shoulder. He leaned in towards her and brushed his lips against her forehead with such warmth and loving affection.

The moment he turned to leave, he sensed the tug of his ruined top.

With a glance, her hazel orbs met his electric blue eyes. No words were spoken. Instead, Zeus pulled the sheets back and settled himself in, enveloping the form of his wife into his embrace.

Within seconds, the King and Queen of Olympus succumbed into a deep and peaceful slumber.

•••

PS: So I'll just post the photos of the other deities in the chapters since I can't add anymore photos in the character section. Photos from Pinterest. Ctto. Anyway, here's Thanatos and Macaria.

Macaria

Thanatos ♡

I wanted to update for a long time now but a lot of things got in the way. 😔

But here it is! 🔥

I have to edit a few parts in the future since I'm not completely satisfied with what I've written so far.

Tell me your thoughts?

Violent reactions?

Don't forget to vote. 🙃

~AC 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 20 40
Soon to be published!!! Will have more when information is known! Makaria Mavros is finally adjusting to life in a small town in southwestern Michig...
57.9K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
57.7K 2.6K 33
Peering up at him, I can tell he knows everything. My plans to take his crown... again. To free myself of his iron grasp forever. To twist my knif...