His Dark Side

By RahniaForever

Evelyn Carter is a lonely and self centered girl but the loneliness doesn't bother her, the helpless girl in... More

Prologue
Dark Stranger (1)
Thinking About Danger (2)
Stepping Into Darkness (3)
Dreams Don't Lie (4)
It Gets Harder (5)
I Knew You Were Trouble (6)
Sweet Temptations (7)
Distant Pleasures (8)
Shadowing Memories (9)
Unexplained Mistakes (10)
The House Of Horror (11)
His Torture - Part I (12)
His Torture - Part II (12)
Demons (13)
Dancing With Strangers (14)
Love That Kills (15)
Bad Blood (16)
Face Me (17)
Part II
Sleeping At Last (18)
Absolute (19)
New Faces (20)
Book Of Memory (22)
Sometimes I Wish (23)
Behind The Curtains (24)
Roots (25)
Lover Of Mine (26)
Judas kiss (27)
Where Life Ends (28)
Already Gone (29)
His Past (30)
Never Forget You(31)

Know You (21)

120 5 7
By RahniaForever

"Eric!" The sound of Addison's voice distracted us. Eric broke the kiss glancing towards the door. He frowned once the stood up.

"Eric!" Addison shouted again from the next room. I stood up and followed Eric out of the room.

"I'm coming!" Eric called as we entered her room.

She was sitting on the bed, photo albums spread around her and her hair wrapped in a towel. She smiled as she saw Eric. Her bed was covered in all sorts of books and her bag was open.

"Why were you calling?" Eric asked sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Sit down, Evelyn." Addison said smiling warmly at me. I returned the smile and sat down opposite to Eric and Addison.

"I wanted to show you these pictures. I went to your house and found some pictures," she told Eric handing him a few photographs. Eric looked at them with a look of boredom on her face.

 The pictures were of Addison and her friends from high school and college. She said she normally lived on Earth. I envied her as I stared at the pictures she handed me. She had a normal life; something I couldn't ever have again.

I wanted so badly to go back home, just wake up one morning in my home and find that this was all a dream but I didn't want to lose Eric.

"And this is my best friend. You have got to meet her," she said excitedly as she handed him another picture. It was a pretty brunette. Eric smirked at her.

"I don't have time to meet your friends," he said sarcastically. Addison scowled at him. I didn't say anything but watched them with amusement.

"And this one is of you. I quiet like this one. You look perfect," she said handing him another photograph.

"Oh this one," Eric murmured thoughtfully.

"Show it to Evelyn," Addison said to Eric while she was looking at some other pictures.

I leaned forward to see the picture. I immediately realized where I had seen it before. It was the same picture I had seen in Eric's room before I had been lured into this place. Shane, Eric and me.

“I’ve seen this one before.”

"You have?" Eric asked trying not to show his surprise. Addison wasn't listening to us.

"Yes. I did in your house once. Sorry," I mumbled apologetically. Eric nodded his head.

I didn't know if I should ask him anything but I kept my mouth shut. He knew I was wondering but he didn't say anything. About half an hour later Addison wrapped up all the pictures including that one because Eric asked her to keep it.

I felt exhausted. I silently walked back to by room, thinking. I jumped onto the bed and closed my eyes. I felt myself drifting off to sleep but just then the door opened. I refused to open my eyes as I felt Eric sit down beside me. He kissed my cheek for a brief moment. My eyes flew open. He smiled at me.

"I know what you're wondering. I'll tell you everything," he whispered as I threw my arms around him.

"Now?" I asked hopefully. Eric shook his head.

"I will but not now," he said again in a soft tone. I nodded my head swallowing. He smiled reassuringly at me. I leaned in just as he caught my lips. It was a short kiss.

Eric put him arms around me as I snuggled up to him, my eyes closed. I breathed into his neck. I felt incredibly safe as I drifted off to sleep.

"I will not lose you again," he whispered in my ear.
                                                                          ____________________

She stared at the scene in front of her. She missed him terribly. It had been almost a year since he had left. He had never given any reason nor ever come back. She didn't feel like living anymore. Everyone knew something was wrong with her but no one ever asked. It was like no one cared. It was almost as if she was invisible. She smiled unintentionally when she thought of him and the time when he was with her. He used to make her question life and she knew he loved her but it just wasn't enough for her. She could even deal with that but what she couldn't deal with was the thought of him never returning. It had been a year and she hoped he would come back but the walls were starting to close down on her.

She wanted to just close her eyes and fall into the world of beautiful dreams from where she would never wake up. She would dream of the things she loved best and he would be beside her.

She wondered for the hundredth time that week if her love for him wasn't enough .She didn't think he would betray her and she believed that with all her heart. She didn't have anymore purpose in life and that made her question her existence each and every second of the day.

She closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She wasn't afraid of dying anymore. She wanted to die thinking of him. She thought if he would come back for her one day. He didn't ask her to wait but he did promise to come back but she couldn't wait. The pain was ripping her apart from the insides. She heard someone call out her name just as she jumped. She didn't even have time to react. She didn't know what her parents would think or other people but she didn't care about that.

And just as she lost consciousness she wondered who had called out to her.

I woke up in the morning feeling cold. Eric was sleeping peacefully looking more beautiful then ever. He still had his arms around me. I buried my face into his neck breathing into his heavenly scent.

I wondered about the vision and the girl who had commuted suicide. I thought about what happened to me. I knew something was wrong. I didn't really know what to think about Addison. She was nice to me but I didn't know what to think. I trusted Eric but I had already done that once before. I shivered when I thought about Derek. I felt the guilt surface.

I felt Eric move and I raised my head up to look at him.

"Morning," he said in a soft tone. I gave him a weak smile.

"Something wrong? What are you thinking?" he asked taking my cold hand.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on. Tell me," he said his palm against mine. I shook my head.

"I'm just not feeling well," I answered trying to avoid his gaze. "I just feel- uhh- never mind."

"Eve, if this is about yesterday...you need to stop thinking about it." I nodded my head. I looked towards his bandaged hand. Eric followed my gaze and them frowned.

"Does it hurt?"

"No."

I got out of bed as Eric drifted off to sleep again. He looked tired. I took a long bath. My eyes were filled with tears of guilt and confusion. I still couldn't believe I had killed Derek. Ever since Eric had brought me back nothing had been right. Before that I would never be able to do things I was doing now. I knew something was wrong with me.

I remembered the first time I had met Derek. His black eyes were so dark and I found them attractive. It had been love at first sight and I had thought he loved me.

I found Eric still lying on the bed as I come out if the bathroom, towel wrapped around my wet hair. Eric groaned moving slightly.

"Aren't you going to get up?" I asked as I put on my cardigan.

"No," he groaned again. I chuckled heading towards the door. Before I left I walked over to the bed where Eric was, bent down, placed a kiss on forehead and then went out of the room.

I saw Addison in the kitchen, humming to herself as she made breakfast. She was wearing a blue shirt over white shorts. I couldn't help admitting to myself that she was pretty. She smiled when she saw me coming.

"Hi," I mumbled as I stood by the door.

"Hey. Where's Eric?" she asked putting down a bowl.

"He's still in bed. He refuses to get up," I told her.

"I'll go get him out of bed. Handle this for me," she said before exiting the kitchen. I glanced after her just as she opened the door to Eric's room. Shaking my head, I walked towards the sink feeling lonely. I could hear Addison laughing and Eric saying something. I tried to ignore the voices.

I wondered where Shane was.

Fifteen minutes later, Addison was back. She smirked at me.

"He'll be here in a minute. Never can deny me," she said triumphantly sitting down on one of the chairs. I nodded at her.

 I was fighting back the urge to frown at her. I could hear the sound of footsteps. I looked towards the door to see Eric. From the corner of my eye I saw Addison beaming at him. He smiled at me warmly before turning towards Addison.

"Do you want to eat something?" she asked him. He shook his head in a no.

"Okay then let's go out for a walk shall we?"She stood up patting her perfectly made hair.

"Yeah sure," Eric said in a soft voice.

"Let's go then. Move," she said pushing him out of the door. I tried to act as if I wasn't listening.

"Evelyn come on," Eric said. I looked up at him.

"No you guys go. I'm fine here," I said in a tone none other than confident.

"Come on Evelyn," Addison urged. I watched her with a baffled expression on my face.

"No I don't think I should-"

"It wont take long. Get a bit of a fresh air. Come on," Eric said motioning me towards him. I slowly nodded my head before walking towards him. Addison turned away from me making her way towards the front door.

 I slipped my hand into Eric's hand who pressed it reassuringly. I was almost blinded by the red light outside shining onto the garden. Addison breathed into the fresh air. We walked on for a while not bothering to say anything.

"Eric do you remember the last time I was here? That was amazing," Addison said breaking the silence.

"Addison I don't think I remember every moment but I remember the part where you  fell once," he said sarcastically. Addison scowled at him.

"I never fell!"

"Yeah right dream on," he said nudging her.

"Get away," she said pushing him away.

"So where are we going?" she asked as we reached a clearing. There were bushes and large deep hole in the middle of the ground.

"Where do you think we are? Disney land?" Eric said picking up a stone and throwing it into the hole. I moved forward to look into it. Eric pulled me back just as I caught a glimpse of darkness inside.

"Trust me you don't want to fall in there," he said.

"I was just looking," I muttered freeing myself from his grip.

"So Evelyn how many other guys have you been with except for my cousin?"I turned at Addison's question feeling the feeling of anger creep up on me.

I'm being stupid.

"Excuse me?" I asked glancing at Eric for a second. He was paying no attention to us busy in staring down the hole.

"You heard me," she said smirking. Addison and I were standing on the side of the hole, Addison a little far away from me and the edge.

She wasn't being rude but she was being funny.

"Why do you care?" I asked smiling back at her.

"Oh I was just asking," she said looking towards the dark hole. 

Without thinking, I mover forward and pushed her. It happened so fast that I was unable to process what I had done. I heard Addison shriek as she lost balance. I shrieked in horror, closing my eyes.

"There, you're fine." I heard Eric saying to Addison. I opened my eyes to find him supporting her as she sat down on the ground clutching her left ankle. Eric glanced at me for a second, his expression unreadable and eyes dark.

"I think I sprained my ankle," she breathed softly.

"Oh my God..I am so sorry I didn't mean to," I said bending down on her. I didn't know what else to say.

"Oh no it's fine. It happens you know," she said smiling at me. She didn't guess. I tried not to sigh in relief. It happened again. I couldn't control myself. I did this on purpose. I wasn't possessed but it felt like I was.

"I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose," she said again. I smiled weakly at her.

How could she not guess?

I felt so relieved that Eric had caught her. If he hadn’t I would never have forgiven myself.

"Let's go. I'm sure you'll be fine," Eric whispered to Addison.

What did I do?
                                                                                  -------------------------------------

"Now you're okay," Eric smiled stroking Addison's hair. I was standing by the door watching the whole scene.

"Eric I'm fine. Just go. I'm not hurt," she said to him. He nodded his head getting up from beside her.
"I'm sorry," I whispered. She nodded her head at me giving me a reassuring smile. I turned away from her and heard Eric closing door of her room behind him.

Both of us silently went back to our room. I closed the door and turned to face Eric now that we were alone. Eric pushed me against the door, hard enough for to shriek.

"Eric I don't-" I started to say feeling fear as I saw his dark eyes.

"You pushed her," he said in a firm tone.

"Yea I did but you don't know how sorry I am," I said in a soft shaky tone.

"Did you even for a second thought what would happen if she fell?" he asked his grip tight.

"Eric I know I know but you don't understand. I don't know how that happened. I-uhh." My voice was almost breaking as I stared into his eyes.

"I don't care how it happened. I just know that she is my family and I don't want to see her hurt. So next time you try to do anything think twice," he said in a dark tone.

"What? I'm telling you that I didn't do it ...on purpose," I whispered.

"Fine but for now leave me alone," he said pulling away from me.

He sighed taking off his jacket and throwing it on the bed. He sat down his head in his hands.

"I don't know what to say. But you need to believe me," I mumbled softly. Tears in my eyes were threatening to fall over. Eric didn't bother to reply.

"Okay uhh I think I'll just go," I said opening the door handle. Eric looked up at me just as I closed the door.

What is happening to me?

Disappointed in myself I slowly walked over to the couch. I flopped onto it, feeling stupid and tired.
I had to figure out what was happening. I felt myself drifting off to sleep but suddenly became attentive when I heard a door open. I wished it was Eric so I could explain everything to him. But to my utter disappointment it was Addison slightly  limping. I stood up and leapt to support her. She smiled at me gratefully.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I just wanted to get something to eat," she said.

"I'll fix something up for you," I said as I supported her to the kitchen. She sat down on one of the chairs.

"So what do you want? Tea? Coffee? Sandwich?" I asked washing my hands.

"Hey don't bother. I can help myself," Addison said attempting to stand up. I frowned at her and she gave me a weak smile before sitting down again.

"So what do you want?" I asked putting the kettle on.

"Tea would be fine," she said.

"Okay."

"You know I used to manage this place back when I lived here along with Eric," she said. She apparently seemed to be thinking about old times.
"So you two lived alone?" I asked curiously. I had to be sure there was nothing between them in the past.

"No. Eric sometimes had girls staying over. Derek was here too sometimes," she replied tapping her fingers on the table.

"Derek? You know him?"

How did she know him?

"Yes. He was nice."

I scoffed thinking about a the blood and pain he had caused me. He might have been nice to her.

"He wasn't to me."

"How do you know him?" Addison asked in a puzzled tone.

"Oh that's a long story," I said trying to avoid her question.

"Hey you must get bored. You can borrow my books if you want," she offered in a sweet tone.

"Really? Aww thank you," I said smiling at her. I handed her a cup of tea.

"Yeah I'll give them to you in a minute. By the way where's Eric?"

"He's in his room."

I was curious as to how Addison knew Derek and why she said he used to be here. I thought Eric hated him and they weren't friends. I was still feeling guilty for killing him. Addison gave me some old classics which I were glad to get.

Eric appeared later for dinner and he chose to ignore me. I didn't talk to him and didn't bother to go back into his room. Eric didn't offer me to come back so I settled myself on the couch reading a book that Addison had given. I didn't realize when I fell asleep.

But much to my surprise I woke up on the bed in Eric’s room. I groaned when I realized he had gotten me here when he was mad at me. I had to explain myself once more. Eric wasn't in the room so after changing my clothes I made my way outside. Eric was in the kitchen and Addison was nowhere in sight. He smiled at me as I came up to him. He handed me a cup of coffee which I took gladly.

"Good morning and thank you," I said trying to avoid his eyes.

"Morning," he said. I looked up at him eyeing him suspiciously.

"Something wrong? I thought you were ignoring me," I asked sarcastically.

"Oh I kinda realized it wasn't your fault so I'm sorry for acting like that," he said pouting at me.

"No it was my fault. I mean I pushed her but I didn't do it on purpose. I don't know what happened," I explained hoping he would understand.

"Don’t stress yourself. It's cool," he said. I smiled at him before I walked over to the sink. I groaned as I felt immense pain in my leg.

"Ouch," I said bending down to massage my leg. The pain increased and I winced.

"What happened?" Eric asked moving towards me. He guided me to sit down on one of the chairs.

"My leg," I said as I pulled the ends of my jean up.

Just there below my knee and above my ankle was a deep gash from which blood was flowing. I gasped as I saw the blood. Eric was looking surprised.

"How did that happen?" he asked looking up at me.

"I don't know. I didn't feel anything until now," I said watching the blood trickle down to my ankle and my foot. Eric shook his head as if angry.

"Let me heal that," he said putting a hand over mine. I couldn't let him do that. I had to figure out what happened before he healed it.

"No. I'll just bandage it up. Please," I said pressing his hand.

"Okay," Eric said hesitantly. He found the firs aid kit and helped me bandage the cut.

I woke up having a weird feeling inside me but it had gotten familiar now. I had felt it when I had pushed Addison. I jumped off from the couch. I was a little annoyed that Eric had let me sleep out here and that he was ignoring me. I almost felt irritated and annoyed at him. I didn't feel sleepy anymore as I made my way towards the kitchen. There was no sound and it was so quiet. I drank some water as I was thirsty. My attention turned towards the large kitchen knife on the shelf.

 I grabbed it feeling it cold against my skin and slowly walked towards Eric’s room.

The door to Addison’s room was half closed but I didn't bother to look inside but opened the door to Eric's room instead. The room wasn't dark and there was enough light for me to see Eric's sleeping figure on the bed. He was sleeping peacefully. His face looked so innocent as he slept.

I watched him sleep for a while not making a sound. He moved a little once but he didn't wake up. I raised the knife in my hand just above his chest where his heart should be. I couldn't feel anything except an unexplainable desire to stab him. I slowly lowered the knife.

I was about to stab him but just then I felt a strong force blocking my way. I tried to force it down again but it was like there was an invisible barrier which was in the way.

What am I doing?
I immediately retreated my hand realizing what I was going to do. I urgently but quietly left the room closing the door behind me slowly. I was shaking uncontrollably fighting back tears of shame and guilt.

I tried to kill him.

I shivered wiping away tears if frustration. I didn't know how I could I have even tried to do such a thing. I didn't know what had stopped me and I was confused. Eric had not suspected a thing and he hadn't 
woken up.

I thanked whoever it was who had stopped me. I had just tried to kill the most important thing in my life. The realization was killing me. The truth that I had wanted to do it and wouldn't have stopped if that invisible force hadn't stopped me.

"Why?" I whispered to myself letting tears of humiliation fall. I stared at the wound on my leg. I had accidently cut myself with the knife. But that pain didn't matter.

"Evelyn you still with me?" Eric’s voice snapped me back to reality. 

I stared into space for a while as everything from last night came back to me. I gripped at the table feeling a chill go down my spine.

"Evelyn?"

"Yeah. I'm still with you," I said in a meek tone. I knew I wasn't seeing things. I remembered everything now. I was starting to shake a little but I tried my best to not let Eric notice.

"Something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

I couldn't believe I had tried to kill him. Something was really wrong with me and I was afraid that I was going mad. I couldn't tell Eric because he would think I had home mad but then I was scared. I didn't know what had happened but I couldn't deny that I felt like really doing it even. Though now I was horrified.

"No. I'm fine," I said giving him a fake smile. Eric looked at me suspiciously for a second but then rolled his eyes and left the kitchen.

What is happening to me?

Maybe someone was controlling me but that was insane. Who could it be? But I was more confused that I had stopped that there was something that made me stop. Whether it was my own will or some unseen force I was grateful. Eric hadn't suspected but I wondered what he would say when he found out. So I made up my mind about not telling him.

Why is this happening?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 2.1K 46
Secrets are hard to keep. They're even harder to keep when you don't know what they are. Nina's life was flipped upside down when she witnessed her f...
8.6K 364 43
How do you learn to love death when you're so afraid of it? What if the one person you love the most is taken away from you? What would it take to mo...
IN-ESCAPABLE By -Pie-chan-

Mystery / Thriller

123 3 12
Evelyn just wanted to spend a memorable new year's eve with her boyfriend but he gave her a cold shoulder on such a special day. She was left heart b...
41 0 10
Jane doesn't like going home. Her grandfather's farm holds many memories; most laced with the sting of grief. When she must finally return over a bre...