You...Complete Me (Completed)

By -_Anamika_-

American Boy - Indian Girl After marriage love story He is an American. A renowned doctor working in New York... More

Author's Note
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
* Wedding Invitation *
- 18 - Part 1
- 18 - Part 2
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
🌟
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -
- 41 -
- 42 -
- 43 -
- 44 -
- 45 -
- 46 -
- 47 -
- 48 -
- 49 -
- 50 -
🌟 🌟
- 51 -
- 52 -
- 53 -
- 54 -
- 55 -
- 56 -
- 58 -
- 59 -
- 60 -
- 61 -
- 62 -
- 63 -
- 64 -
- 65 -
- 66 -
- 67 -
- 68 -
- 69 -
- 70 -
- 71 -
- 72 -
- 73 -
- 74 -
- 75 -
- 76 -
- 77 -
- 78 -
Announcement
- 79 -
- 80 -
- Epilogue -
💟 Thank you 💟
- Bonus chapter -

- 57 -

21.2K 1.1K 244
By -_Anamika_-

▪︎ Surprise update ▪︎

Recap - The anchor calling Ryan to stage.

○ Diya's POV ○

I would have spoken back something to Shwetha. But, I was less interested in arguing further with someone who wants to taunt other person in someway or the other. That's when I heard Edward's voice. I was shocked, suprised, extremely happy and also little angry with my husband.

I am not that much angry now because I realised that I was wrong too. I should have given him time for explaining. I got triggered when I saw him with Liza and didn't bother to message me. I missed him so much for the award function before. But now when I have him with me. I wanted to tell him how nervous I am right now.

Already, I realized that whatever it is I should have heard his reason and moreover when he told me to be patient and wìll explain himself after the award function, I just left all my worries and sadness because he told I would be ok when I heard his reason. I was sure he wouldn't have done anything wrong.

The highlight was I didn't speak anything but he understood everything and responded correctly. Inside I felt so happy to seeing his understanding.

Whatever it is, when I got the award. I said that my parents would be proud. I wanted to say about Edward too. He is one who made me feel okay, who makes me feel secure, who is a pillar of support for me. But, the anchor interrupted with another question.

Back to the present, the anchor called Edward. By just seeing the way he stood up, put in suit button and walked majestically, I got lost seeing his beauty. Why wouldn't any girl come behind him when he's that handsome?? That time, my inner wicked mind told that he's all mine. I couldn't control myself without smiling.

Edward reached the stage and You should see everyone's face's, seeing our weird combination of Indian and American. Nowdays, marriage like these happen. But not common. If an American or some youngster see us, they wouldn't bother only. But, if an Indian aunty, uncle or anyone see us, they would tell
-- Love marriage huh?? That too with a foreigner??  Oh my god!! Young people these days don't follow tradition or have values anything...

And to mention again, this function conducted by Indian society. Obviously, only Indian will there in majority. So, coming to the present everyone looked at us like a "weird specimens". The anchor without being quiet started with a question.

"Oh my god!! This is nice. Indian girl married an American guy and Dr.Ryan, I strongly say that most of us here would be aware of your skills. All others were regular awards which we give each year. But, this award is new and added because of Diya's food popularity. She has got many people who got addicted to the taste. So, I just handover the mike to the audience. They will ask you question. This will be quick. I will give the mic to 2 people only. Is that fine for you?" she asked and I couldn't imagine what will happen now. Will this ok or it will flop??

Ryan said no problem and the anchor asked people to raise hands and she selected one. She said they can ask me or Edward

The mic was given to a man in his 30's. I guess. "I am Vicky. I would like to ask Ryan a question. To be honest, we Indian men are finding it difficult to tackle our Indian wifes. How are you finding it, to adjust with an Indian wife?" he asked laughing and my eyes were lit up. Ok!! This is going to interesting. I was waiting for Ryan's answer.

|| Author - I splitted the answer in paragraph because its long. It's long in writing. But it hardly take few minutes when Ryan speak||

"Hii buddy. Before answering this question. I like to introduce myself. I am Edward Ryan. Working as a doctor in Newlife hospital. Thanks to the Indian society for adding this award in your list and for giving my wife this award. Now coming to the answer to your question, Vicky. Not only Indian, all women and wife's are all the same. They just want trust, understanding and some care and love.

We just find marriage life difficult because we make it difficult. We men before marriage used to live life, enjoying life as a single, not thinking of anything and expenses were less so we were cool. But the difficulty comes after marriage, we just have the mentality that it will the same, thinking that just a new member got included in our life and family. But that's not it. We shouldn't compare our bachelor life with marriage life. Because it's totally different.

The terms like problems and tackling of the new member comes when you feel frustrated and think that my single life was better. Why should we marry then?? Any human can't be single all the time. We need someone like parents, friends or someone. But, they can't be there with us all time. Only our partner will be there with us till our death. Every person is different and we have to accept them as they are. Then our marriage life will be heaven.

And boss, What is life when you don't have any problems? Your life will be plain. Relationship gets stronger when you fight and reconcile solving your differences. I am not lecturing here. This is my mentality. So, I am enjoying my life with my wife Diya and I am not thinking like I am tackling her or adapting my life with her. Thanks for this question" he said and I looked my husband with admiration. He is so mature and has clarity in everything. Not all grown up are like that.

One women stood and shouted "Sir, you gave an excellent answer. What you said is true" and there was a huge applause.

The next final question was from an aunty  "How do you think this marriage will work? Your culture and our culture is different. The language is different. I live here and speak english. But end of the day, after my work I go home and feel like Indian only when I talk my language with my husband and children. I feel home. So, why unnecessarily do cross marriages and find it difficult in adjusting all and this  question is for you doctor" she asked him. The same elders mentality she has. What will Ryan say to this? But, one thing, I think by his answer maybe the elders here would get a better new view of the modern world and accept the changes.

"Hi mam. We mostly don't see people who have problem with our marriage and some are there who thinks the same as you. Don't take it wrong. It is natural to have these questions. I will be to the point. You asked about culture. Mine and her's is different. But, we both respect each others religion. I like her food, culture, her traditional values everything only because I love her. So, I like everything about her. Only if you don't like your partner, you will find everything difficult. You asked why it is necessary, this change? Love happens anytime with any person. When you love a person deeply you won't find it difficult or feel any changes to adapt. I enjoy living with my love, My wife. Another question you asked like language, feel good home. Mam, what is there in language? India has got many languages.
What is your language mam?" he asked

"Tamil. I am from Tamilnadu" she replied.

|| Author -  Ryan is going to speak both in Tamil and English. I will write the translation side by side in brackets because he mixes Tamil and English. If I write the whole thing in English down you will feel no difference and won't get the feel||

"Ok very well then. Enaku tamil theriyum <<I know tamil>> Palagitu iruken
<<I am learning >> Nama work ponalum anga iruka language palaguna << Even if you go to work, when you go there you learn that language so that >> you can connect with people easily. Diya palaga sollala but enaku pudichu palaguren << Diya didn't tell me to learn. I like it so am learning >> Enoda children kum << Even for my children >> I will  teach her language too. So, the bottom line is nothing matters in front of LoVe. Home is where your heart is. Thank you all. I am sorry if I have made you feel bored"

He said and I got tears. Hey!!!! When did he learn tamil yaar? Not only that lady, even I didn't know my husband knows tamil. When did he learn this? How did he get time for this? GOD!!!!! RYAN. WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO DIFFICULT TO RESIST YOU??

God!!! I am going to go straight crazy now. I freakin love him like hell that I was to go hug him and kiss him without leaving him.

The words below are the one I  would say before
~~Why is he perfect?
~~I used to admire him by simply looking at him
~~I am very lucky. Thank god for giving him.
~~I wouldn't get a husband like him

When I got angry. I just ignored all this and thought ONLY  THE FLAWS. I didn't see his good things.

Edward came to me and side hugged me when the whole crowd stood up to give an applause. Now, I think many got a new way of thinking.

-×-×-×-×-×-×-

Precap - It's going to be " All loves" chapter.

How's the chapter guys??? I personally loved it while writing because the main theme of this story is cross marriage and many doubts about how it will work was clarified by our hero Ryan.

Next chapter - Wednesday or Thursday

~ 1654 words ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 116K 132
Story of an average looking indian girl fighting with her own demons until our hero enters She has insecurities which she couldn't share with others...
58.3K 3.2K 36
Hi guys, lets get into the love story of a arrogant and short tempered police officer who fell in love with straight forward doctor....💜 Highest ran...
48.6K 2.9K 52
"𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄" One-year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One-year contract marriage is all takes to turn att...
811K 43.1K 58
Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of words. He is a man of few words. She is c...