𝐬𝐲𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐢�...

By SWReed

2nd Place in Romance Spring 2021 Seasonal Contests A Sidney Crosby FanFiction . A 25 year old girl takes an i... More

|PROLOGUE|
|Model or Intern?|
|Yellow Crocs and Tube Socks|
|Stalker?|
|Not A Lunch Date|
|Sherlock and Peaky Blinders|
|Sports Illustrated, Vanity Fair, and The Post Gazette|
|The King of Penguins Hockey|
|Jealousy|
|Sweater Dress|
|Hockey Fights Cancer|
|Thanksgiving with The Lemieux Family|
|Jolly Holiday In A One Horse Open Sleigh|
|Sydney and Sidney|
|Secret Santa|
|Little Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Mistletoe Merrymaking|
|Pens Christmas Photo Album|
|Playlist|

|Brianna and Jakey|

127 2 31
By SWReed

Brianna's POV...

"Oh, God!" I stood in the bathroom, in front of the mirror, the door closed, "Syd! I think I'm gonna be sick!" I let out one of those upset voices, clutching my stomach.

Rapid footsteps came closer, then Syd opened the door slowly, "Bri, you look amazing," She smiled softly, opening the door more before leaning on the frame, "Your gonna have so much fun tonight," She winked, with a teasing voice. "Fancy place, fancy outfits, fancy dinner."

"I dunno," My head dropped, an exhale leaving my lips in doubt, "I feel like a giant cow." Then I clapped my stomach.

"Oh be quiet!" Syd scolded, grabbing my shoulders, turning me towards her. She then fixed and adjusted my hair, and moved the sleeves on my dress, "You look beautiful."

There was a knock coming from our apartment door, my heart started to race. The two of us had stopped breathing for a minute.

"He's here!" She squeaked, making us both run our own ways, Syd into my room, and me to go get the door.

I threw open the door to find Jake with his arm up to knock again but he looked like a deer in headlights.

"Brianna," He paused.

I thought for a minute, he never used my full first name. Ever.

"Jake," I grinned, rolling back and forth on my heels, hanging on to the door, opening it further. "Won't ya please come in?"

"Oh, yeah, thanks!" He blurted, fumbling with his words before stepping inside.

Sydney came out with my black trench coat and purse, "I got your coat, your purse, with everything you might need." Her purse was around my arm while Syd helped me get on my long coat, then giving my purse over.

Bri put her purse around her one arm, buttoned up her long coat before turning to me again, "Thanks Syd," We then embraced each other, Jake gave me a soft smile. I already knew what he was thinking by the way he was looking at the two of us, "You're the most amazing friend ever."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

After letting go, Jake had opened our apartment door for me, I stepped into the hallway to leave but not without looking back at Syd again, giving her a big smile and a rapid wave.

She waved back. I was really excited about tonight and where Jake was gonna take me to dinner.

Jake let me link my arm with his and helped me into his black Mercedes Benz wagon so I wouldn't slip on the ice on the sidewalk, even though our landlord did salt our part of the sidewalk, it's best to be careful.

"Oh god yes! He has heated seats!" I pressed the button for heated seats, then got my seatbelt on.

Jake had his car already running, so the seats could work, he popped into the front seat, laughing in amusement that I had already found the heated seat button.

"I see you've found the heated seat button." he then buckled up as well.

"Ya I have. My car is so bad, no heated seats in the winter, it's pretty cold when you don't have them fancy heated seats," I laughed, sinking down into the seat, also bunching up my black long coat to make me feel warmer. "I mean don't get me wrong, it's my dream car, I just have an older one, but it's perfect." My voice softened and got quieter as I got to the end of my sentence.

Jake then drove away from our apartment, every now and again his eyes shifted to me and snapped away.

"So, uh, where are we going?" I wiggled in my seat, a bit excited.

"We are going to a very nice place I had to get some connections with just to even get a table there."

"Must be a very popular place then, huh?" I looked over at Jake.

"Yeah, it is," He smiled before turning a corner. "And there it is Fogo de Chão!" Jake pointed to the restaurant we were going to with a big smile before it dropped.

Holes were being dug outside the restaurant on the sidewalk, burst pipes inside the building.

My heart sank, Jake did want our date to be special but his plans were ruined.

"Here, let's go see what happened." Jake pulled his car up to a spot in the street, taking the keys and the two of us getting out.

Jake held my hand as we crossed the icy street and he glanced back at his car, locking it, "Hey! Excuse me! Excuse me!" Jake managed to get the attention of a few construction workers. "What happened? We were supposed to have reservations here tonight?"

"Oh, the pipes in here burst and shot the electrical wiring, everything's gone."

"Oh, well, thanks." Jake half mumbled.

"Anytime pal."

Jake then took my hand once again to cross the icy street, back over to his car, which he unlocked. The two of us got into our seats and Jake had his elbow on the window, propping up his arm. His hand was rubbing his face.

"I'm sorry I didn't open the door for you," Jake said while scratching his eyes.

"It's ok Jakey, it's not your fault that this happened." I gestured to the restaurant out his window.

"I just really wanted this night to be perfect." He let out a deep sigh, uncovering his hand from his face, looking towards me.

I grabbed his hand and put it in mine, lacing our fingers together, "Don't worry, it already has been perfect, being here with you has been enough besides I know a place we can go to."

"K, where?" Jake shook his head.

"The Spaghetti Factory." I bounced in my seat slightly, I wanted to go to dinner there with Jake tonight.

"Ok, Spaghetti Factory it is!" He smiled, obviously being optimistic.

Jake turned on the car, inputted the directions to the GPS, obviously not going there before, we buckled up and left our parking space on the side of the road.

When arriving, Jake opened my door for me, taking my hand, helping me out.

We walked over to the restaurant, and since we were dressed up all fancy, there were a bunch of people looking at us since they were in regular clothes, but I didn't care and neither did Jake.

The two of us made our way to the reservation post and Jake put us down for a table which was a 20-minute wait since we never had reservations prior and it was a busy night. The hostess gave us a little buzzer before we went back into Jake's car where it was less noisy, crowded, and we could talk without yelling at each other.

"Are ya excited for tomorrow?" I smiled, cupping my hands together, blowing hot air into them to warm my hands up.

Jake turned on the heat and his heated seat, "Oh yes! Definitely! I'm just excited for the Secret Santa! The person that I chose is gonna be so happy to receive my gift."

"Yeah! Same with mine! Who did ya get?" I then also copied and turned on my heated seat.

"That's why it's called a secret, I can't tell." He chuckled.

"Oh darn," I snapped my fingers, "I wanted to get some info outta ya."

The two of us laughed before we continued to chat about random nonsense. It was nice to chat about random things with Jake.

I managed to briefly get a glimpse out the windshield of the starry night sky, "Hey Jake! Look! Isn't it pretty?" I pointed to the sky out the windshield.

"Oh yes, but I think this view is even better." Jake wiggled his brows, pressing a button on the dash before the car roof started retracting, only leaving glass from the front seat to the back seat on the roof, a giant sunroof, revealing the winter starry night sky.

"Oh, wow, this is beautiful." My mouth hung open slightly as I stared out the sunroof, admiring the stars.

"It really is," Jake said slowly.

I looked at Jake and he was just staring at me. At the bottom of my stomach, I had that sudden gut urge to kiss him and my heart started fluttering and skip beats as the two of us leaned in closer.

The restaurant buzzer started going off when we were so close, our noses were practically touching.

Awkwardly, we got our coats back on, and Jake helped me out of the car once again, the two of us walked into the restaurant and Jake pulled out my chair for me and helped me take my coat off.

We were seated near a brick wall but it was a cozy spot because we were placed in a corner.

When I sat down, I pulled down my dress at the hem and fixed my lace sleeves on my black dress.

"Did I ever tell you how amazingly beautiful you look tonight, Brianna?" Jake smiled.

"No, but uh," I chuckled, looking down at my lap before looking up, "Thank you, Jake." I finished, then picking up a menu.

Even though I really wanted to get the same order, I wanted to change things up since it was a special day, I wanted to change it up.

"Hmm, this Ultimate Feast looks pretty good."

"What's in that?" I asked, slightly bringing down the menu to make eye contact with Jake.

"Well, it's for two, so perfect, uh, there's a full platter of Chicken Parmigiana, 15-layer Lasagne, Spaghetti with tomato sauce, Ravioli with creamy alfredo sauce, Italian pork sausages, meatballs, and garlic bread."

I had sat down my menu, closing the cover, "Hmm, sounds delicious! I'm down for getting that if your game?"

"Oh heck yeah, I'm down!" He smiled, also closing the menu, setting it off to the side.

Our waiter came over and took our drink order, I ordered a water and a Fireball, Jake ordered a water, and a Coke, then Jake had ordered us the Ultimate Feast so we could get it in before other people.

Jake kept looking at my hand for some reason, I then looked down and noticed that he was probably staring at my bow ring, "Oh, I'm sorry, it's probably getting in your eyes." I adjusted my ring on my finger to try and make the light not go into his face but instead, he took my hand from across the table, bringing it over to him.

"No it's ok, I was just admiring it. Such a unique ring." Jake gently moved my hand, looking at the little bow ring with little diamonds.

"Thanks, one of my friends from back home got that for me." I smiled.

"Shay?"

"Yeah."

"It really does suit you though."

"Thanks." I then took my hand back and once again fixed the ring on my finger before we talked about random nonsense again.

The lottery, our favorite colors, movie theories, places we want to go to, where we're going for the upcoming holidays, random nonsense.

It was how our date went, talking about random nonsense that we found interesting.

Multiple waiters had to come out and bring us our food and leave one of the trays since the garlic bread, lasagna, and chicken parmigiana took up our small table, they even left multiple boxes for us so we could take stuff home in.

The two of us had started off with something different, I started with the chicken parmigiana and Jake started with the 15-layer lasagna. Slowly we had made our way to everything we'd ordered, tasting everything but leaving a good amount of food leftover so we could split it up and put it in boxes to take home.

The two of us had split up everything else except the meatballs and sausage.

Jake had launched one at me, but I dodged it and it hit the guy behind us in the back of the head, making him turn around to see what hit him, we just acted naturally before laughing our asses off, then I launched a sausage at him like it was a dart before we started getting into a mini food fight, accidentally hitting a waiter who angrily chased us out of the restaurant while we were laughing with our takeout boxes on our arms, running to Jake's car.

"Oh my god, oh my god," I cackled, "Did you-did you see the waiters face?!" I wheezed, propping myself against Jake's car to prevent myself from tipping over.

"I have never ever been chased out of a restaurant!" Jake emphasized.

"Same though!" I wheezed, almost tipping over but Jake caught me.

"This was by far the best and most interesting date ever." Jake beamed, placing his boxes on the hood of his car gently, then wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me close.

"Oh yeah, definitely." I then gently squished his cheek and brought his lips to mine.

The two of us were making out in the street until a car drove by and honked at us, obviously liking what they saw which made us laugh even more and breaking our kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 24 52
Emmeline (Emme) Saxon moves to Pittsburgh from Maine after graduating from UMaine to become an ice girl for the Penguins. Ice girls are now required...
4.4K 65 37
One day there was a girl named Joanna. She is a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan. She is a girl that is madly in love with Sidney Crosby! Sidney Crosby h...
17.9K 300 21
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
14K 269 27
Kolby Ryan Bair's(Bear), mom left the day after she was born. With nothing but her purse and a Walmart bag full of clothes, she vanished. Kolby's dad...